PDA

View Full Version : Why the Steelers will beat the Browns

43SteelCurtainRevolution
11-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Okay, so it's not a breakthrough idea, but the Steelers will be playing ball-control football vs the stains. With FWP, the Steelers will take up clock time and not allow the stains' aerial attack to put up big numbers. This game should look like the She*ocks game, with the Steelers holding the ball for most of the time.

And when the Browns do have the ball, we can count on our defense to sack their QB and generally dominate.

Borski
11-08-2007, 11:51 PM
I think we'll score quick through the air and then run to eat up clock time. expect KW2 to get jacked up by Farrior this game as well as every other player not wearing B&G look for some big hits by Troy, Silverback, Anthony Smith and Ward. We'll remind the browns who they really are

Galax Steeler
11-09-2007, 05:04 AM
I also look for us to run and control the clock against the brownies.

steelwolf21
11-09-2007, 11:12 AM
The Beast'll be unleashed, I think he'll have a big day as the Browns look to go deep to KW in the middle, just to watch Smith tear him a new ahole and stuff the ball back down it!

revefsreleets
11-09-2007, 11:29 AM
I've posted this elsewhere, but here it is again.

The Steelers will get right back in Andersons head early and rattle him with multiple blitzes from all over. There will be some early turnovers (just like the rats game) and the Browns will have to abandon the run game (which won't be effective anyway), and become one-dimensional, which will only make matters worse. It wouldn't shock me to see Quinn in this game before it's over either due to Anderson being hurt or ineffective.

Offensively, the Steelers will have their way with the browns pourous D. They can run and pass equally, so it really doesn't matter what Arians gameplan is.

Dino 6 Rings
11-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Because the Steelers are the Superior Team from top to bottom.

tony hipchest
11-09-2007, 11:53 AM
in the 1st game of the season, the steelers sacked frye 5 times on like 10 pass attempts. after he was yanked anderson came in and was sacked only once in over 20 attempts.

it clearly wasnt the line giving up the sacks in game 1. it was fryes indecision. i dont think we can bank on 6 sacks again. not only has anderson gotten better but so has the line.

but we can still win pretty handily w/o any sacks.

memphissteelergirl
11-09-2007, 11:57 AM
The Beast'll be unleashed, I think he'll have a big day as the Browns look to go deep to KW in the middle, just to watch Smith tear him a new ahole and stuff the ball back down it!

Well now, there's a mental picture I could've done without! :jawdrop:

But I think ball/clock control and just good, smart plays on both sides of the ball will get us the W.

HometownGal
11-09-2007, 12:39 PM
The Steelers will beat the Browns for one reason - they are the better overall team hands down.

Their O has made leaps and bounds since Game #1, but the Steelers D is going to prove to be too tough for them when all is said and done.

Our O has also made leaps and bounds since that first matchup and they appear to be finally in sync with each other and comfortable in their own skins. The Browns D is very pourous and I believe our O is going to make their lives miserable.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Lets see...Our #1 defense against the Browns #8 offense...edge=Steelers

Our #8 offense against the Browns #32 defense...edge=Steelers

So whats the question here?

alittlejazzbird
11-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Can't believe I haven't done this before today, but I finally went back and looked at the Browns' schedule up to this point. Here's where they stand at 5-3:

1 Sun. Sep 9 Steelers L 7-34
The Steelers completely dominated them (and it's worth pointing out that Anderson was 13-28 for 184 yards, with one gimme third quarter TD and an INT)

2 Sun. Sep 16 Bengals W 51-45
They beat a terrible (though we didn't know it quite yet) Bengals team but still gave up 45 points and won only by 6

3 Sun. Sep 23 @ Raiders L 24-26
No further comment required

4 Sun. Sep 30 Ravens W 27-13
Until Monday night, I actually thought this meant something

5 Sun. Oct 7 @ Patriots L 17-34
Exactly as expected

6 Sun. Oct 14 Dolphins W 41-31
Again, a win against a truly awful opponent and they still gave up 31 points

8 Sun. Oct 28 @ Rams W 27-20
An equal to the Dolphins in horridness, and they only managed to win by 7

9 Sun. Nov 4 Seahawks W 33-30 (OT)
The Steelers completely dominated and shut out Seattle, and Cleveland once again gives up tons of points and barely hangs on to win

Which means....
If the Steelers DON'T win this game going away on Sunday, something is dreadfully wrong. If you look at the record so far, in the case of the Browns, past performance IS a guarantee of future results.

And THAT's why I think we will beat the Browns.

verks36
11-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Lets see...Our #1 defense against the Browns #8 offense...edge=Steelers

Our #8 offense against the Browns #32 defense...edge=Steelers

So whats the question here?

agreed

but this game is out home for the browns and they will be looking for revenge after we embarresed them at tthe opener

i said the opening day game was a trap game and i am saying it now that this is trap game

FastWillieParker39
11-09-2007, 04:16 PM
hey hey hey, lets not get to overconfident, remember Arizona and Denver folks? Trust me, I think the Steelers will win, but not as much as some think we will. This is a BIG divisional game and the Browns will bring it espically against us.

jjpro11
11-09-2007, 04:27 PM
hey hey hey, lets not get to overconfident, remember Arizona and Denver folks? Trust me, I think the Steelers will win, but not as much as some think we will. This is a BIG divisional game and the Browns will bring it espically against us.

im a little more confident because its a home game and not a trip to the west coast. we have done very well at home this year.

FastWillieParker39
11-09-2007, 04:32 PM
im a little more confident because its a home game and not a trip to the west coast. we have done very well at home this year.

That is true, I'm sure the Steeler nation will give this team a boost if somehow we get down early:tt02:

BurghZ0n3
11-09-2007, 04:35 PM
in 2004 season we won more on the road....:wink02: Hope we'll stay focus like last week :banging::banging::banging:

HometownGal
11-09-2007, 04:38 PM

I expect the Browns to bring it and while I don't believe the Steelers will keep them off the scoreboard, I don't think they're going to be able to stop FWP on the ground or Ben & Co. through the air with that swiss cheese defense of theirs.

Biggest advantage? The wild, loud and crazy Steelers faithful at HF. :thumbsup: