PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious

Mandy90
11-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Who do you think was the better receiver from the 70's Steelers, Stallworth or Swann?

GeneralRobinson
11-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Even though Swann was my favorite player growing up, Stallworth was better. He's not the all-time leading receiver in TDs and yards by accident. Bigger, more durable, and over the long haul, a better big game receiver, not withstanding Swann's MVP in Super Bowl X. John was clutch in the last two Super Bowls, including SB XIV when he hauled in the bomb from Terry that put Pittsburgh ahead for good.

Stillers43
11-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Stallworth!

Federico
11-10-2007, 10:39 AM
It's hardly to answer but I suppose Swann.

Rhee Rhee
11-10-2007, 11:57 AM
im tinking presssure situations and playoff games i always think of swann coming up big when we need him... so i say SWAN

The Duke
11-10-2007, 12:25 PM
im tinking presssure situations and playoff games i always think of swann coming up big when we need him... so i say SWAN

true, he always made those big catches in the playoffs and super bowl.

soon though we might me talking about hines as the best. if he sticks around long enough

steelpride12
11-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Prob. have to go with Swann i have seen him make the big spectacular catches because we all know he did take dance classes so he could just up and make the crazyest catches ever.

fansince'76
11-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Stallworth.

HometownGal
11-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Swann was the more acrobatic of the two (though Stally could be quite acrobatic, as well), but overall, I have to give a teenie edge to Stallworth. He had a nose for that ball no matter where it was thrown. :thumbsup:

moedap
11-10-2007, 02:32 PM
draw

Michael Keller
11-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Very tough questions. If i were in charge of the Steeler draft I can say with conviction I would draft Swann, His intangibles were off the chart. However all you Stallworth advocates will get no argument from me. They both are in the category of greatness.

The further we go into Heinz Ward's career I am thnking he maybe the best of them all.

Michael

HometownGal
11-10-2007, 02:43 PM
The further we go into Heinz Ward's career I am thnking he maybe the best of them all.

Michael

Don't get me wrong, Michael - I love Hines to pieces, but I just can't put him up there with Swanny and Stallworth YET. Different eras, different cast of characters plays into that, as well.

LVSteelersfan
11-10-2007, 02:52 PM
I think Stallworth was the best over the careers of the two. Sorry, as much as I love Hines Ward for his toughness, he is not in the same class as either Stallworth or Swann. But he is DEFINITELY third on the list behind the other two. And he may or may not make the Hall of Fame when listening to the prognosticators. I like to think he will, but I don't think he will be a first ballot HOFer.

SteelDogFan
11-10-2007, 02:56 PM
I can't answer that one, thats like trying to compare Steve Smith and Randy Moss. You would take either on your team. You also would like nothing more than to have both.

I will say this, I gave Swann the nod when I was young but as I got older I saw how incredible Stallworth was. I eventually thought he was the better possession receiver and Swann I considered to be more of a deep threat.

Galax Steeler
11-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Satllworth by a nose.