PDA

View Full Version : Steelers not the Same Team Either!!!

SteelDogFan
11-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Every where I look. Every NFL Site or TV show I watch the same thing is said; the Cleveland Browns are not the same team they were in week 1 against the Steelers. What i say to that is why aren't they. The only team they played with a winning record beat them buy 14.

Two of the teams they played were 0-8. I know they are putting up some numbers but until they play the Steelers I think the we should reserve saying things like, they are now the team that is going to challenge the Steelers in the NFC North. I'm not taking away from their good season but hold on a minute. The Ravens and the Bengals will be good again next year.

The Steelers on the other hand have improved in all areas and Ben is seeing the field better than ever. The defense is playing lights out and with Ward back at full strength the offense will be hitting on all cylinders. I'd say that you could make the statement that the Steelers are also not the same team they were in week 1.

stillers4me
11-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Absolutely!! As Tomlin said, this team is a work in progress......I think the Steelers are like that nearly every year. They tweak throughout the first half of the season and then come out exploding on all cylinders at the end............just in time for the Patsies and the playoffs. (sound familiar?) :thumbsup:

PalmerSteel
11-10-2007, 04:29 PM
dont worry, its only a matter of time before the brownies are put back in to their misery: :tt02:

http://www.espn.go.com/media/pg2/2006/0110/photo/miserynfl.jpg

j-dawg
11-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Every where I look. Every NFL Site or TV show I watch the same thing is said; the Cleveland Browns are not the same team they were in week 1 against the Steelers. What i say to that is why aren't they. The only team they played with a winning record beat them buy 14.

Two of the teams they played were 0-8. I know they are putting up some numbers but until they play the Steelers I think the we should reserve saying things like, they are now the team that is going to challenge the Steelers in the NFC North. I'm not taking away from their good season but hold on a minute. The Ravens and the Bengals will be good again next year.

The Steelers on the other hand have improved in all areas and Ben is seeing the field better than ever. The defense is playing lights out and with Ward back at full strength the offense will be hitting on all cylinders. I'd say that you could make the statement that the Steelers are also not the same team they were in week 1.

first off, the seahawks had a winning record coming into cleveland browns stadium and they lost by 3... but the important thing is that they lost... we won and a W is all that's important. as for the teams we beat that had subpar records ... i guess i could ramble off how the steelers LOST to the cardinals and broncos but what's the point?
here's to a good game tomorrow! :cheers:

ShutDown24
11-10-2007, 09:51 PM
first off, the seahawks had a winning record coming into cleveland browns stadium and they lost by 3... but the important thing is that they lost... we won and a W is all that's important. as for the teams we beat that had subpar records ... i guess i could ramble off how the steelers LOST to the cardinals and broncos but what's the point?

Theres only one problem, it won't be.

Borski
11-10-2007, 09:55 PM

Since when did we move? they can have the NFC North for all I care, I dont see how they'll get it though :wink02:

NV STEELERS 723
11-10-2007, 09:58 PM
The clowns can score, but they can't score against a D like ours...we will beat them up again....31-10

Borski
11-10-2007, 10:01 PM
The clowns can score, but they can't score against a D like ours...we will beat them up again....31-10

I'd love to rackup another 41-0 game against them but that might blow our cover of being under the radar.

HometownGal
11-10-2007, 10:08 PM

Their problem isn't scoring (though I don't believe they'll get more than 14-17 on our D). They can't keep the other team from scoring more points and that is going to be their downfall.

Rhee Rhee
11-10-2007, 10:58 PM
I cannot agreee more steeldogfan and i also think that each and every one of our players is just improving game after game after game

The Duke
11-10-2007, 11:07 PM

you're totally right jdawg, that's what's important and there in no point in discussing it. the browns and steelers and different teams than the ones from week one but that could also change tomorrow, and that's what matters. any given sunday people

SEMP
11-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Hey , any win for the Browns is a big win. I think its great that they are 5-3. I hope they finish out 10-6 and sneak into the playoffs. The more they win the higher that first round draft pick they have to give up to the cowgirls gets. I am glad to see them getting things going, so much more enjoyable kicking them when they are up instead of just beating the same old dead horse.

jjpro11
11-11-2007, 01:11 AM
their offense has definitely improved since week 1. but our offense might have been just as good. the difference is that we havent gotten into the shootouts the browns have.. unlike the browns, our defense can actually keep a team from scoring.

fansince'76
11-11-2007, 01:18 AM
... i guess i could ramble off how the steelers LOST to the cardinals and broncos but what's the point?

Not at home, we didn't.

j-dawg
11-11-2007, 01:28 AM
The more they win the higher that first round draft pick they have to give up to the cowgirls gets.

:dang: the more wins we have, the lower that draft pick will be.

Galax Steeler
11-11-2007, 07:19 AM
They are both different teams I would like to see cleveland give dallas a low draft pick but will loose to the steelers.

SteelDogFan
11-11-2007, 08:56 AM
J-Dawg, My post was not to down play the signifigance of the browns season, but to state that the Steelers have also made improvements that are very clear since week one. You all are having a great season and this game may be closer than week one. But you have to admit the Browns have not faced a D like the Steelers since the Pats.