PDA

View Full Version : Steelers v. Browns Game Day Thread 11/11/07

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

fansince'76
11-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Game Over!

Still, it shouldn't have gone this way. This game is stll a joke.

Look at the Clowns being sore losers.

Sometimes you gotta win the ugly ones.

Seth88101
11-11-2007, 04:16 PM
WOW what a freakin game... nice job brown's... you gave us a scare..

Hines0wnz
We tried hard to give one away today...but came through in the end

Game ball goes to Ben today

Because the Browns are who we thought they were! :sofunny:

#1LambertFan
But still closest Steelers Browns game and i dont get to watch the first 59 minutes of it.

Petesburgh66
Glad this heart attack game favoured the Steelers in the end.

lilyoder6
my blood preesure is thru the roof i bet.. lol

JackHammer
11-11-2007, 04:18 PM
The Browns, at their best, lost to us when we weren't anywhere near our best. We did it the ugly way but we got it.

steveironcity
11-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Derek Anderson is who we thought he is ... BUT WE DIDNT LET HIM OFF THE HOOK

Edman
11-11-2007, 04:19 PM
I have somewhat newfound respect for the Browns. They came to play and caught the Steelers off guard. They're getting there. But like the Browns I know, they found a way to lose the game on a day when the Steelers were sleepwalking. Just goes to show that it takes a Steelers D- effort for the Browns to make a competitive game.

Seriously, Cleveland was the benficiary of our Special teams gaffes and ridiculously short fields. The vaunted Cleveland offense put together one good drive all day.

Derek Anderson is a fraud.

Mosca
11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
What a freakin' great game. We had better get our kick coverage sorted out. And the O-line really sucked today; 4 sacks to a team that has had 7 in its first 8 games, man
that sucks.

The O and the D overall are fine (O-line notwithstanding); but special teams are going to bring us down if we don't address the shortcomings, NOW.

#1LambertFan
11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Alright time for the victory shot to calm the nerves LOL.

fansince'76
11-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Ben saying in the postgame that he's proud of his OL? :hunch:

MyCuz64Furness
11-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Can we say stress induced heart attack.

I agree....these games take at lest 10 years off my heart life.........unfortunately they put the game on network so now the entire firestation is up.......I better watch myself tonight :sofunny::sofunny:

Hallelujah for this win

#1LambertFan
I better make it a double!

NashvilleCat
First day on the board here - tired of the "official" board crashing. Have to say I enjoyed myself here and hope to stay for awhile.

Dynasty
Good second half, good job by the defense, and nice games by Willie and Ben especially.

Mosca
11-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I have newfound respect for the Browns. They came to play and caught the Steelers off guard. They're getting there. But like the Browns I know, they found a way to lose the game.

But still, Cleveland was the benficiary of our Special teams gaffes and ridiculously short fields. They put together one good drive all day.

Derek Anderson is a fraud.

I have new respect for the Browns, too, but our halftime adjustments shut them down completely; they had no response at all. The second half was probably the best defensive play I've seen from the Steelers in recent memory. Anderson was missing those passes because there were linebackers at his ankles.

fansince'76
First day on the board here - tired of the "official" board crashing. Have to say I enjoyed myself here and hope to stay for awhile.

Welcome to the board, NashvilleCat! :cheers:

#1LambertFan
F**kin awesome both the buckeyes and the browns lost.

NashvilleCat
11-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Ben saying in the postgame that he's proud of his OL? :hunch:
If I had to stand behind them every game that's what I'd say - in public at least.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Wow what a game. Ben played a hell of a second half.

MyCuz64Furness
11-11-2007, 04:26 PM
I think above Ben I would give it to the defense....I think they were the real stoppers today :tt02:

fansince'76

As Mosca pointed out, so did the D.

MyCuz64Furness
Alright time for the victory shot to calm the nerves LOL.

Have one for me too :tt02:

NashvilleCat
11-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the board, NashvilleCat! :cheers:
Thanks, great outcome, great posts. Switching to the old Lambert jersey at halftime sure paid off.

Borski
11-11-2007, 04:32 PM
thanks guys for the welcome.....about a higher scoring game. if there is rain or a wet field, the browns will suffer because we are a pass first offense. nobody has success rushing against the steelers D. if there is rain, it can be a long day for the browns.

I really dont see how the Browns can put up that many points, I am thinking somthing more like:

Steelers 34
Browns 10

Looks like you have some pretty good insight. I have to say, I didn't expect the Browns to do that good. I am almost sure you guys will make one of the wildcards for playoffs this year.

Good luck with the rest of the year :cheers:

---

Man thouse Browns scared me, I can't believe what happened. we really need to work on our special teams coverage, their play today was unacceptable.

UK CANDY BEE
11-11-2007, 04:32 PM
If you had told me the Browns defense would get five sacks and the Steelers defense none.............. I would have laughed at you !!

But if you had told me the Browns defense always manages to keep the opponent in the game right up to the end............... I would have said you are absolutely right !!

Case in point.............. TODAY'S GAME !!

The really sad part for Browns fans is that we wouldn't have had to do all that much in the second half to secure a win............. but having ZERO first downs until the last minute isn't just 'not much', it is freaking ridiculous !!!

Congratulations Steeler fans.............. you got the win................ basically because we couldn't seem to find out ass on offense in the second half.......
.........and had you told me that would happen back during halftime, I would have laughed at you then, too !!

...........unfortunately, I am NOT laughing at the moment .

You got us again................. but I take a small bit of solace in the fact that it wasn't like you all thought is would be, and the Steelers SURE AS HELL knew we were there !!

I think maybe we can call it a rivalry again.............EH ??

.............time to see about chasing down that playoff spot !!

RunWillieRun
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
F**kin awesome both the buckeyes and the browns lost.

I second that!!!

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 04:39 PM

Yes he did. Hopefully it carries over into next week's game! :tt02:

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks, great outcome, great posts. Switching to the old Lambert jersey at halftime sure paid off.

haha....I almost put on my Hines jersey.

tony hipchest
11-11-2007, 04:46 PM
If you had told me the Browns defense would get five sacks and the Steelers defense none.............. I would have laughed at you !!

But if you had told me the Browns defense always manages to keep the opponent in the game right up to the end............... I would have said you are absolutely right !!

The really sad part for Browns fans is that we wouldn't have had to do all that much in the second half to secure a win............. but having ZERO first downs until the last minute isn't just 'not much', it is freaking ridiculous !!!

Congratulations Steeler fans.............. you got the win................ basically because we couldn't seem to find out ass on offense in the second half.......
.........and had you told me that would happen back during halftime, I would have laughed at you then, too !!

You got us again................. but I take a small bit of solace in the fact that it wasn't like you all thought is would be, and the Steelers SURE AS HELL knew we were there !!

.............time to see about chasing down that playoff spot !!close but no cigar. i'd almost say youre team played harder than the opponents in the 2 games we lost. you showed up after the loss as you said you would. maybe next time. see you then (possibly in the playoffs)

ShutDown24
11-11-2007, 04:46 PM

.............time to see about chasing down that playoff spot !!

All I have to say is...

W

Seth88101
11-11-2007, 04:53 PM
what is a good cleveland forum?

OneForTheToe
11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Great game!!! I got home from where I watched the first half, but I was too wound up to type. About all Icould do is refresh, so thanks for getting me along.

UK CANDY BEE
11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
what is a good cleveland forum?

IMO............the best two Cleveland forums are Browns 24/7 and Dawgbones.com !!

..........but do me a small favor and DON'T tell them I sent you, okay ??

There is a dude at 24/7 called Steel who is a Pittsburgh fan, and he has to be the best Steeler fan I have ever encountered.

deversole
11-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Big Ben does it again...Great game.

touchdownward
11-11-2007, 06:16 PM
This was an important game to win. We now control the Division, whereas I believe we would have been tied if we'd lost.

I'm liking this rivalry thing brewing back up with the browns. :tt02:

stillers4me
11-11-2007, 06:19 PM
I have only one thing to say about this game.............................. :alcoholic:

FastWillieParker39
11-11-2007, 06:36 PM
This was an important game to win. We now control the Division, whereas I believe we would have been tied if we'd lost.

I'm liking this rivalry thing brewing back up with the browns. :tt02:

Yup, we now have a 3 game lead over the Browns. We have a 3 game lead because we beat the Browns twice now.

TopDawg1977
11-11-2007, 06:51 PM
i have to say.....this was a much closer game than i expected. it was a heartbreaking loss for us, but the steelers took advantage of horrendous defensive playcalling in the second half. we played soft and the steelers took it. props to them. let's hope we can meet again in the playoffs.....where the rivalry can truly be reborn!

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2007, 07:16 PM
i have to say.....this was a much closer game than i expected. it was a heartbreaking loss for us, but the steelers took advantage of horrendous defensive playcalling in the second half. we played soft and the steelers took it. props to them. let's hope we can meet again in the playoffs.....where the rivalry can truly be reborn!

It was just truely reborn today.

dannny77
11-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Game Over!

Still, it shouldn't have gone this way. This game is stll a joke.

Look at the Clowns being sore losers.

Honestly, by having such an attitude you're making us look more like ****y, arrogant winners than the Browns being sore losers.

I don't care what happened in the game...giving them good field position or what, the Browns put up a fight today, came 15 feet away from sending it into overtime at the last second, and should be respected. Whatever excuse you want to make for them coming close to winning, they came close, and if we were such a dominant team in comparison it shouldn't have been this close - no matter what excuse we make. You're making us seem like worse fans than the Browns, and by portraying such an image you're only shining a negative light on us.

Props to Cleveland, you guys put up a hell of a fight. This is one game that I'm happy we won and proud that we won. I have a new respect for the Browns, and I hope this rivalry comes alive again.

stlrtruck
11-11-2007, 11:38 PM

Not yet! It's been many years since you're team has been this productive against us. When you guys can do it consistently, then I'll call it a rivalry again.

Although today's game scared me a bit today, and the clowns showed some good football, I can only imagine what would have been had the Steelers actually played for 60 minutes, not just 30!