PDA

View Full Version : The state of Ohio to get another losing football franchise.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 09:01 AM
More Losers! (http://www.arenafan.com/news/?page=pressrel&article=7970)

That's right, Cleveland gets an Arena League team that hasn't had a winning record since the team was based in New Jersey. To make things even better, they went 2-14 last season.

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2007, 09:55 AM
I saw that, good job Cleveland. when Pittsburgh gets there AFL team, we'll gladly make you guys our bitch there.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm not 100% sure I'd really want an Arena League team if I was Pittsburgh. Next season, the Austin Wranglers will drop down to af2 with no apparent replacement for them. Teams in the Arena League seem to move around quite a bit.

I'd be more interested in getting a Division I hockey team to play in the new arena.

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm not 100% sure I'd really want an Arena League team if I was Pittsburgh. Next season, the Austin Wranglers will drop down to af2 with no apparent replacement for them. Teams in the Arena League seem to move around quite a bit.

I'd be more interested in getting a Division I hockey team to play in the new arena.

They still have to finalize it though, but I'm taking it as a sign of the league can't resist coming here when I saw the press release they said they were interested in coming here.

Right now Robert Morris plays at Mellon, but usually it's for one game.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 10:06 AM
They still have to finalize it though, but I'm taking it as a sign of the league can't resist coming here when I saw the press release they said they were interested in coming here.

Right now Robert Morris plays at Mellon, but usually it's for one game.

Notre Dame played a tournament in Pittsburgh last season as well. I think it would be a fantastic idea to have the Irish host some kind of event in Pittsburgh every year. It would bring a great college hockey team to Pittsburgh and increase Notre Dame's presence in the city as well.

Borski
11-11-2007, 11:20 AM
I saw that, good job Cleveland. when Pittsburgh gets there AFL team, we'll gladly make you guys our bitch there.

as long as they play in Black and Gold to continue the citys tradition then I guess I'm ok with. maybe the could wear the opposite of the Steelers, black pants with yellow(gold) jerseys.

zoneblitz43
11-18-2007, 09:08 AM
I'd like to watch my team the Destroyers crush these fools!

Jeremy
11-18-2007, 10:08 AM
I'd like to watch my team the Destroyers crush these fools!

You mean those 7-9 Columbus Destroyers?

:blah:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-18-2007, 10:58 AM
You mean those 7-9 Columbus Destroyers?

:blah:

Who did go to the Arena Bowl.

Jeremy
11-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Who did go to the Arena Bowl.

And lost.