PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben...

Bettisberger
11-11-2007, 04:19 PM
...is a SOLDIER! :sofunny: :tt02:

ShutDown24
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
"I don't care what happens from here on in, a pick, a fumble... Ben Roethlisberger is as big of a WARRIOR as exists in the NFL." - ShutDown24, somewhere in the late minutes of quarter #4

Kellen Winslow could really learn something from Ben that is for sure. I don't care about stats, Roeth is playing like the best QB in the league right now. He wins when he needs to.

RunWillieRun
11-11-2007, 04:32 PM
I just hope we have finally heard the end of the, "Ben can't win a game when he has more than 30 attempts a game" talk. I believe he had 34 attempts and if it wasn't for his gunslinging today the Steelers would have been completely out of it.

Great work Ben....you are an elite QB in this league!

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
"I don't care what happens from here on in, a pick, a fumble... Ben Roethlisberger is as big of a WARRIOR as exists in the NFL." - ShutDown24, somewhere in the late minutes of quarter #4

Kellen Winslow could really learn something from Ben that is for sure. I don't care about stats, Roeth is playing like the best QB in the league right now. He wins when he needs to.

And if he can start making the ends of games meet, he wont be compared to Brady or Manning anymore. He will be his own man which he already is my eyes anyway. His potential is yet to be fulfilled so he will only get better. :wink02:

Edman
11-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Ben is the freaking man and a true soldier. He has earned every penny on his next contract. He is an elite quarterback.

I'm ashamed of myself for ever doubting this team. When they were down 21-6, I thought it was going to be another one of those "games". Well, they won and shut me up quickly.

Great game Steelers. 7-2 sounds so sweet.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Ben is still undefeated against the Browns.

Ben makes plays, period. Game manager my ass, he makes plays when plays need to be made.

steelergirl07
11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
In my eyes he's on a level of his own.

I hope I never read about him being a "game manager" again.

OneForTheToe
11-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Ben just said in his press conference that Faneca actually shouted to him to run on that 30 yard TD run. I'm amazed by that. .... amazed at Ben for the run, and amazed by the ability of Faneca to block and still see the field at the same time. What incredible field presence by both...

Ben also thanked Willie for his advice on being fast. :sofunny:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I was going to start my own Ben thread....But since this one has been started....I just want to say Ben is God....end of story.....Forget Pretty Boy Brady and Golden Boy Peyton....I would take Ben over them for this team......I'm not saying Ben is better then those two yet...But Ben is the perfect fit for this team and town....The guy is a warrior and he basically won the game today by himself....Yes others made plays but Ben was the main reason....

I don't know if we beat the Pats or will make the Super Bowl this year but with Ben leading this team I wouldn't doubt it....It was just a great football game and can't wait to watch it again on NFL Replay...lol

Great win and lets celebrate this one big time.....

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Ben played his butt off in the second half. Great game for him and he deserves that game ball.

stillers4me
11-11-2007, 05:35 PM
We've got ourselves a real quarterback, Steelers fans.

ShutDown24
11-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Throughout the whole game i kept telling my dad who thought we where done that we would win. I knew it. I knew we would win. It's the Browns, they can't play a full game with us and actually right now I don't think anyone can. If Ben stays healthy, we can ride him all the way to the Super Bowl. What a player, people talk about Vince Young just getting it done and just getting the Ws.. Ben is like that but better.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Throughout the whole game i kept telling my dad who thought we where done that we would win. I knew it. I knew we would win. It's the Browns, they can't play a full game with us and actually right now I don't think anyone can. If Ben stays healthy, we can ride him all the way to the Super Bowl. What a player, people talk about Vince Young just getting it done and just getting the Ws.. Ben is like that but better.

I wasn't worried either...Remember the Browns game in Cleveland last year when the Steelers were behind the whole game? Ben and the team got it together in the 4th quarter and won the game.....So I was with you in thinking the Steelers were going to win this game even when Cribbs returned that kick off to put the Browns up 28-24......

ShutDown24
11-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I kept thinking back to that game last year as well. After that one people were saying that the rivalry was back and such too... I just knew we wouldn't lose this game somehow. You just know stuff sometimes unexplainably.

lotas
11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
My dad always says Big Ben reminds him so much of Larry Bird. Just a passionate warrior who will give it their all...not just for the win, but for their team.

Michael Keller
11-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I have said it many times this year. WE ARE WATCHING SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL!!!! Ben is in a category of his own. Comparing him to Brady or Manning or any other QB is not meaningful. There is no comparison.

I am going to predict one thing more. Ben is going to get even better.

Edman
11-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Big Ben is clutch, and further evidence that the Steelers are never out of a game as long as he is under center. He is an elite, gutsy playmaker who wins. Sacraficing his body on the TD drive, pumping up the crowd when the D was on the field. An incredible performance today. He has "it". Game manager my ass.

Screw Brady and Manning. I want Ben and I'm glad we have him. I can't believe that not too long ago Steeler fans had the gall to ask wether he is the long term solution.

Best part is, he is only going to get better.

steelpride12
11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Big Ben is that guy we can always trust on leading or not leading to lead us to a win. he is a team player everyone loves him.

He can run and he can pass and is an escape artist and has improved so much can't wait to keep him around forever.!

alittlejazzbird
11-11-2007, 07:13 PM
We've got ourselves a real quarterback, Steelers fans.

Not only that, but a quarterback who has repeatedly shown that he deserves to go to the Pro Bowl. Have you voted yet? Vote often - he deserves to be there every bit as much as Brady and Manning.

Like it was yesterday, I remember jumping up and down in front of my TV, screaming in delighted disbelief on Draft Day 2004 when Ben was still available at no. 11. I predicted on the spot to my husband that inside of five years, we'd be playing in a Super Bowl. I followed his career at Miami (OH) and I never doubted that Ben could be exactly this kind of game-changing, league leading quarterback.

Every week, he makes the anomaly of the 2006 season more and more a distant memory. And how about the love from Boomer on CBS - he actually called Ben the second best quarterback in the league, ABOVE PEYTON MANNING. Did you ever think you'd hear that from any network analyst????????

Rhee Rhee
11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
haha u musta saw that youtube thing on kellen winslow "ima friggin soldier!" LMAO but anyway big ben is a definite top 3 QB in the NFL and he has finally shed the "game mananger" name

BozMan
11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
I love watching Ben play. Steelers mgmt has given him some weapons in playmaking backs, TEs, and WRs the last few seasons. Now the Steelers need to make a long-term investment in him by bringing in some o-linemen to protect him better.

ohiosteelerfan20
11-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Regardless of how this season unfolds. One thing is for certain. Big Ben is BIG TIME. As long as he doesnt smash into any more windshields we should be challenging for a super bowl for the next 5 or 6 years. And damn, thats a nice feeling. :jammin:Doesnt Kordell and Tommy gun seem like a long time ago?:flap:

steel striker
11-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Like I've said many times I'm really glad that Ben is our Qb and, he makes big plays. Today again he showed what he is made of. He is amazing a true leader.

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Collinsworth just gave Ben praise. http://www.mazdas247.com:8080/smilies/leghump.gif

Rhee Rhee
11-11-2007, 08:18 PM
amen amen amen i couldn't have said it better myself... we'll be a regular in the AFC championship games for years

RoethlisBURGHer
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Collinsworth AND Easiason both giving Ben praise, in the same day? Wow.

stillers4me
11-11-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm really enjoying watching Ben play this year.

I don't cover my eyes anymore and I actually breath normally. :sofunny:

Seriously....he's on the verge of being scary good.......... :tt02:

Steel_Bus_24
11-11-2007, 09:23 PM
What a warrior he was today in that 2nd half. All the ingredients were there for a Steelers loss, yet he willed us back and got the team to believe with his play.

Hes still got some growing to do but Im really impressed with where he is at this stage of his career...I think we picked a winner

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

shovelnose
11-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Ben is the man. This guy is going to make a lot of plays that will leave everyone scratching there heads saying how did he do that for years to come. He's only going to get better. Plus he's got the most important intangible, the ability to do what it takes to win, especially when it counts. You can't teach that stuff.

As for the good game manager bit. I''m sure it's been discussed but I think the steelers staff and Bill Cower in particular didn't want to shatter his confidence or put to much pressure on him while he was young realizing he has plenty of time to grow. Plus they were used to not relying to much on the QB to win games. I figured the new coaching staff would let him loose.

iloveben7
11-11-2007, 10:01 PM
I have one word to desribe Ben: AMAZING!! Ben showed a lot of heart and determination today and throughout his career. Who would have the courage to come back and play in the season after a motorcycle accident, an appedectomy and a concussion-even though they didn't win every game. Ben doesn't do it for himself, he wins the games for his team when it matters the most.

I don't see how anyone can compare him to Brady and Manning? He's in a class of his own. No one can scramble like Ben can, but my uncle seems to think Tom Brady can.

Godfather
11-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Ben is amazing. He makes jaw-dropping plays every week.

I'm not old enough to remember the Super Steelers years so I've never seen anything like him.

We need to sign him to a long term contract yesterday....before the Tony Homos of the world set the market any higher.

BozMan
11-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Ben just said in his press conference that Faneca actually shouted to him to run on that 30 yard TD run. I'm amazed by that. .... amazed at Ben for the run, and amazed by the ability of Faneca to block and still see the field at the same time. What incredible field presence by both...

:shake01: It's a shame that we couldn't sign Faneca. He is a key piece of the Steeler offense and invaluable in a number of ways. You just can't replace a guy like that.

fdsannie
11-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Mark my words..................They will sign Ben!

Dynasty
11-11-2007, 11:31 PM

I think that might in fact be a smart move, if the FO does decide to do that.

MJ5150
11-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Ben needs a few more rings to surpass Tom Brady, and a few thousand more yards to pass Peyton Manning. I will say for my opinion that the gap between Brady/Manning and Ben is getting smaller though.

I sat there watching highlights of todays game cringing and waiting for an INT, a brutal sack, or a fumble. I've been doing it all season, but Ben keeps proving me wrong by making one big play after another on the field. I just can't believe how HUGE these plays are. That third and 18 to Miller in the fourth today was amazing.

Each week he makes last season look like a total fluke.

-Mike

jjpro11
11-12-2007, 01:40 AM

they gave kordell stewart the biggest contract in steelers history at the time.. you better believe they will give our super bowl winning quarterback a contract.

MJ5150
11-12-2007, 02:33 AM
Ya know something....it's up to Ben to want to stay here. The Rooneys can throw all the money in the world at him, but if he wants to leave, he will.

-Mike

Preacher
11-12-2007, 02:34 AM
This was the game we wanted...

A QB with a Steelers uniform put the team on his back... and carried us to victory. Period.

(well... gotta show some love to the d. as well).

Boomerang
11-12-2007, 04:45 AM
Our O is in good hands with Ben at the helm,rushing TD man yeah;)

Galax Steeler
11-12-2007, 04:59 AM
I have one word to desribe Ben: AMAZING!! Ben showed a lot of heart and determination today and throughout his career. Who would have the courage to come back and play in the season after a motorcycle accident, an appedectomy and a concussion-even though they didn't win every game. Ben doesn't do it for himself, he wins the games for his team when it matters the most.

I don't see how anyone can compare him to Brady and Manning? He's in a class of his own. No one can scramble like Ben can, but my uncle seems to think Tom Brady can.

I don't see brady scrmbling like this brady is a pocket passer.

Godfather
11-12-2007, 11:35 AM
:shake01: It's a shame that we couldn't sign Faneca. He is a key piece of the Steeler offense and invaluable in a number of ways. You just can't replace a guy like that.

Agree...on the other hand, Faneca's getting old and we're going to have to replace him in a few years anyway.

Still, there needs to be a Larry Bird rule of some kind so we don't have to let one guy go to save cap room for another. Maybe a 10% discount on the cap number for re-signing your own players.

OneForTheToe
11-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Agree...on the other hand, Faneca's getting old and we're going to have to replace him in a few years anyway.

Still, there needs to be a Larry Bird rule of some kind so we don't have to let one guy go to save cap room for another. Maybe a 10% discount on the cap number for re-signing your own players.

Sorry, i have to disagree. Do you really think that would make a difference? The Rooney's have a certain amount of money they are gong to spend on player salaries and that is it. No they are not cheap-but with Ben's contract looming there is no way they are going to pony up to Faneca's demands, regardless of the cap. Besides, the only thing that rule would do is help the big Market teams like Dallas outspend the midsize and smaller market teams by a larger margin.

TackleMeBen
11-12-2007, 01:37 PM
I don't see brady scrmbling like this brady is a pocket passer.

brady dont like to be be hit either. if you notice in the indy game they hit him a few times and he made mistakes. if you can knock brady down you can beat the pats. but you have to get thru that oline he has first.

brady also isnt able to shake off tacklers like ben can.

BurghZ0n3
11-12-2007, 03:12 PM
...he reminds me of Elway in the 4th Qtr of SB against Pacs. Would be ugly & a disaster to see Ben hurt, if he scrambles & then gotta take hits too much ...

steelpride12
11-12-2007, 04:05 PM
I love watching Ben play. Steelers mgmt has given him some weapons in playmaking backs, TEs, and WRs the last few seasons. Now the Steelers need to make a long-term investment in him by bringing in some o-linemen to protect him better.

I agree we would be a strong force in the NFL if we can keep all of our weponds and add strong o-linemen to the team. Imagine Ben with good blocking!