PDA

View Full Version : Yes it was ugly....

FastWillieParker39
11-11-2007, 03:30 PM
but a win, is a win, is a win. I know, we shoulda played better but hey we made halftime adjustments and the team pulled one out of there ass. We always gotta win the ugly ones too, there will be games like that.

We now have a 3 game lead over the rest of the division and the next 3 games we should have no problem with. That win was HUGE, no matter how you put it, it was HUGE. Ben was a warrior at the end, and the D stepped up BIG TIME in the 2nd half.

BIG win!:tt02:

Edman
11-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Yes, Cleveland played a good game, but I'm still not impressed with them too much.

The Super Cleveland Offense put together one full decent drive all game and that was the opening drive. The rest of the scores came off hella Short fields. Derek Anderson did crap the rest of the game.

The Hero of the game is definately Ben Roethlisberger. He is a Cleveland Brown killer.

Special Teams is the goat. It needs to be fixed, big time. Two Cleveland Scores came off their gaffes.

FastWillieParker39
11-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Yes, Cleveland played a good game, but I'm still not impressed with them too much.

The Super Cleveland Offense put together one full decent drive all game and that was the opening drive. The rest of the scores came off hella Short fields. Derek Anderson did crap the rest of the game.

The Hero of the game is definately Ben Roethlisberger. He is a Cleveland Brown killer.

Special Teams is the goat. It needs to be fixed, big time. Two Cleveland Scores came off their gaffes.

Agreed with everything you just said.

I will say this though, this win is the true definition of a very good team. I know, some people will disagree with me on this. But when you're down 21-6, to your biggest rival in a game where you must win, and you keeping fighting, fighting and fighting and end up winning. Well to me, that shows this team will let NOTHING get to them, it shows they have confidence in each. It also shows this team, espically Ben, is CLUTCH.

Petesburgh66
11-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Cleveland played only a good half.

jjpro11
11-11-2007, 03:46 PM
our special teams made it closer than it should have been. i said before the game that the only way they were going to win was by a special teams collapse by us and a big turnover. well they got both and still couldnt win. we completely dominated them in the 2nd half. their defense cant stop anyone for the life of them. though they did have pretty good red zone d in the 1st half, they fell apart in the 2nd. i know i sound a bit harsh, but damn.. our special teams was just so freakin pathetic today.

HometownGal
11-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't want to take anything away from the Browns in the first half, but they only amassed 163 TOTAL yards of offense in the entire game. The first TD they scored was very questionable, they got 2 TDs courtesy of our ST's and another TD they only had to go 18 yards into the EZ after a Big Ben pick. I told XT at the half that they would come out guns a blazin' after the half and win the game and they didn't disappoint me!

The Steelers WERE the better team today, though the first half was ugly. They just needed to get into that locker room, regroup, re-energize and get the job done in the 2nd half and they did! :tt02::banana:

Steeldude
11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
the steelers' O-line is still having problems. facing one of the worst D-lines in the game and they allow 4 sacks and i have no idea how many hurries. also, there was no push in the middle to help eat the clock. i am not saying it was horrid, but it needs to improve.

parker is 2nd in the NFL with the most runs over 20 yards. i thought i remembered reading somewhere(espn magazine, i think) that parker leads the league in runs with negative yards. which would be due to the O-line allowing the defenders to flood the backfield.

one thing is for certain. that special teams is going to kill them if they make the post-season. you can get away with the browns doing it to you, but not the colts or patriots.

TeeJay
11-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Agreed with everything you just said.

I will say this though, this win is the true definition of a very good team. I know, some people will disagree with me on this. But when you're down 21-6, to your biggest rival in a game where you must win, and you keeping fighting, fighting and fighting and end up winning. Well to me, that shows this team will let NOTHING get to them, it shows they have confidence in each. It also shows this team, espically Ben, is CLUTCH.

I hear that. Reminds me of the Steeler's from 2005/06......and we all know where that one went! :tt02:

I was feeling a little bit miffed approaching halftime, I have to admit, although with this team, you know you're never out til the preverbiable fat lady sings.

I just hope the Dolphin game isn't soo close.....*shifty eyes*

The Duke
11-11-2007, 04:04 PM
parker is 2nd in the NFL with the most runs over 20 yards. i thought i remembered reading somewhere(espn magazine, i think) that parker leads the league in runs with negative yards. which would be due to the O-line allowing the defenders to flood the backfield.

well, so did barry sanders so that must be kinda good

SteelCurtain
11-11-2007, 04:08 PM
This game showed a lot about the teams' character. They have the ability and confidence to comeback when losing by 15 early. This game proved a lot to me today

Black@Gold Forever32
11-11-2007, 04:15 PM
I'll take a win any day...Do the Steelers still have issues oh yes they do....lol Freaking special teams are a joke right now......But hey I thought the Steelers showed character today with that come back....They could have put their tails between their legs and gave up....But they didn't.....Very nice win.....

tony hipchest
11-11-2007, 04:45 PM
it was a good win, just like the other 5. no need to apologize to all the other "yeah but it was an ugly win", fans.

a win by a fg didnt seem to bug the patriots in the sb 3 times. any steelerfans who has issues with this win, simply has issues.

HometownGal
11-11-2007, 04:50 PM
a win by a fg didnt seem to bug the patriots in the sb 3 times. any steelerfans who has issues with this win, simply has issues.

:iagree: :thumbsup:

Tony Hipcheese for President! :wink02:

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

Black@Gold Forever32
11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I just hope the special teams improve...Really thats the only complaint I have with todays win....I also thought the play calling was spotty in some situations but other then that there shouldn't be any complaints....

stillers4me
11-11-2007, 05:02 PM
And when is Tomlin actaully going to win a challenge????????

7-2.......................sweet.

FastWillieParker39
11-11-2007, 05:17 PM
We can REALLY take a stranglehold with this division now. Win the next 3, probably lose to the Patriots (sorry), then we MIGHT win out after that. The Jax game is winnable since it's in Pittsburgh and then we play the Rams (1 win) and the Rats again.

Now that I look at that I have one question for all of you........does it feel good that we probably have the damn division back?! For me, it feels DAMN GOOD!:tt02:

stillers4me
11-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I think my favorite part of the game was watching Ben and Hines hit the ground together when the Brownies missed that field goal.

I would live to have that avatar sized.

HometownGal
11-11-2007, 05:47 PM
I just hope the special teams improve...Really thats the only complaint I have with todays win....I also thought the play calling was spotty in some situations but other then that there shouldn't be any complaints....

The only other complaint I had today was - where was the pass rush??? Anderson had all day to throw back there. Yes, Cleveland has a good OL, but c'mon guys - you gotta keep the pressure coming!

tony hipchest
11-11-2007, 06:00 PM
The only other complaint I had today was - where was the pass rush??? Anderson had all day to throw back there. Yes, Cleveland has a good OL, but c'mon guys - you gotta keep the pressure coming!the steelers lack of an all out blitz and maximum coverage is what helped limit anderson and the browns to 16/35 and 123 yds. (no big plays up top) pretty much the same results as to carson palmer and matt hasselbeck.

j-dawg
11-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Cleveland played only a good half.

couldn't agree more... it's a 4 quarter game and the browns showed very little the second half... i can't put it on the players... there were some bad, bad, bad coaching decisions involved... what else is new? :banging:

congrats on the win guys.

steelpride12
11-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I was at the game! Its was alot of fun many Brownie fans there we trashed talked them. The steelers played poor in the beginning, but special teams killed them as they looked and ok and kept turnovers to a minimum with one.

Ben was the leader of the day scoring a TD after th fumble to make it 21-16.
Then the biggest play his 30 yard run to a TD and also the great 2PT conversion to make it 24-21 us.
Then sadly the worst play of the game, as cribbs misses the ball picks it up and still takes it back on the sideline that was terrible, but a perfect day by Ben leads us to the endzone to Miller and our D does the rest!

TopDawg1977
11-11-2007, 06:07 PM
props to the steelers for taking this game. they took advantage of bad coaching in the second half. i'm reading this rant about the steelers special teams........but most probably don't realize Josh Cribbs is the best return man in the game. he leads the league in KR average......nobody stops him.

Rhee Rhee
11-11-2007, 06:24 PM
frik our damn special teams is our achilles heel... thats one thing we have in common with the undefeated patriots ;)

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
props to the steelers for taking this game. they took advantage of bad coaching in the second half. i'm reading this rant about the steelers special teams........but most probably don't realize Josh Cribbs is the best return man in the game. he leads the league in KR average......nobody stops him.

Two words for you there inbred....Devin Hester.

stlrtruck
11-11-2007, 10:30 PM
I remember a t-shirt that use to say "60 Minute Men" back in the 90's!!

Well, I don't think that theory has changed much over the years. The browns learned a valuable lesson today - you need more than a 15 point lead to beat the Steelers.

I hope the Steelers take a few things away from this game so the next few weeks they don't get over confident or what ever else you want to call it!

Steel Pit
11-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Two words for you there inbred....Devin Hester.

Jeremy,

You misunderstood, Topdawg did in fact say that Devin Hester was the best return man in the league but his lack of teeth made it sound as if he said Josh Cribbs. I would suggest that Topdawg put his dentures in before he steps up to speak again.:sign03:

Steeldude
11-12-2007, 08:06 PM
well, so did barry sanders so that must be kinda good

but parker is no barry sanders. sanders was always running for his life :smile: