PDA

View Full Version : Browns R 4 Real

SteelDogFan
11-11-2007, 03:31 PM
The Steelers came out flat and will definitely need to fix some special teams issues, but Ben lead them back and the "D" stood up in the second half.

As for the Browns they are a legitimately good team. They showed today that they have the talent to compete whether they do or not for the next few years remains to be seen. But if I look at todays games they seem to be a very talented team on the rise.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Stop smoking crack.

The Browns did nothing on offense all game long. That "high flying" passing game of theirs was grounded today.

The stats back this all up.

The Browns were almost handed a gift today, nothing more and nothing less.

Edman
11-11-2007, 03:57 PM
No they're not. Real teams don't surrender 15 point leads.

If the Steelers played the Pats today like that, we would've lost by 20 or more.

And the Cleveland Offense today? 163 total yards and one TD that wasn't off a Steeler gift/gaffe. They're getting there, but they're not for real. Derek Anderson is a fraud.

SteelCurtain
11-11-2007, 04:01 PM
I wasn't very impressed with the browns. We handed them their points. The great field position from the kick returns and the interception are the only reasons they were in the game. Our defense shut them down... We just had a bad special teams game.

Edman
11-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Take away those two crappy special teams plays and it's 31-14 Steelers.

Sorry, Cleveland still sucks. The Steelers handed them a gift and they still lost.

SteelDogFan
11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
I understand that the D shut them down but that first drive for a touchdown shows they have they talent on offense (16 plays). Even though it was a short field they scored on their first three redzone possessions against the number one defense in the league. What other offense has done that to the Steelers, NONE!

Two kick-off returns for 190 yards shows they have the talent on special teams. Plus he already has a TD return this season.

My statement was they are for real as talent shows, thats it. I didn't say they were elite, just a talented team on the rise. Which they are.

Atlanta Dan
11-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Browns are not for real but neither are the Steelers - this is twice the Steelers have believed their own press clippings - ST play is horrible

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 04:12 PM
I understand that the D shut them down but that first drive for a touchdown shows they have they talent on offense (16 plays). Even though it was a short field they scored on their first three redzone possessions against the number one defense in the league. What other offense has done that to the Steelers, NONE!

Two kick-off returns for 190 yards shows they have the talent on special teams. Plus he already has a TD return this season.

My statement was they are for real as talent shows, thats it. I didn't say they were elite, just a talented team on the rise. Which they are.

LOL

At least now we know your true colors.

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 04:13 PM
How can you say the Browns are for real when they managed one first down in the 2nd half? Answer: you cannot.

As others have said, they were handed a W and fumbled it. They have talent on offense but not against good defenses. If they make the playoffs then good for them but they will be ran off the field in the first round.

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Even though it was a short field they scored on their first three redzone possessions against the number one defense in the league.

Whatever makes you feel better man. :bouncy::flap::wink02:

HometownGal
11-11-2007, 04:16 PM
I think the Browns are an up and coming team with a potentially potent offense and one helluva return man in Cribbs. Their D is - simply put - horrendous. If they somehow manage to improve their D in the off-season via free agency and/or the draft, they could be a force to be reckoned with in the AFCN.

That being said, however, I see all 4 of their TD's today as gifts. One by the ref, 1 via the mistake by Ben and 2 ST's debacles. Their D simply couldn't hold the lead and our O came to life in the second half, as I knew they would. Until they address their defensive issues, the Browns aren't going anywhere, imho.

SteelDogFan
11-11-2007, 04:26 PM
This is the NFL if you are even speaking of a team making the playoffs means you think they have the talent to do so and you are backing my statement. Also I felt the way you all feel before the game and no matter how it was done the game went down to the wire.

The Steelers did not hand the ball to the browns and they did not fall down on special teams. They also did not pull the D off the field during the browns three red zone trips.
They scored three times in a row on the Steelers that just does not happen. We all know that.

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
This is the NFL if you are even speaking of a team making the playoffs means you think they have the talent to do so and you are backing my statement. Also I felt the way you all feel before the game and no matter how it was done the game went down to the wire.

The Steelers did not hand the ball to the browns and they did not fall down on special teams. They also did not pull the D off the field during the browns three red zone trips.
They scored three times in a row on the Steelers that just does not happen. We all know that.

Dude.....3 short fields. Any good D will give up points, I dont care who they are.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM

The sun shines on every dog's ass some days.

Welcome to the ignore list kid.

ExtonSteelFan
11-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Browns are not for real but neither are the Steelers - this is twice the Steelers have believed their own press clippings - ST play is horrible

Dude, give the browns credit man, they almost handed us a loss today! They have a great offensive line, very good receivers, and a pretty good QB. When these two teams took the field today, the browns played some decent D in the beginning. It wasn't until the 2nd half until the steelers were able to generate offense and stop theirs.

I'm also not sure what you mean about the players believing their own press clippings. Do you hang out in the Steelers locker room or something? I think people need to chalk this one up to some inspired play on the Browns part. Give a little credit where credit is due.

HometownGal
11-11-2007, 04:33 PM

Steel Dog - I do not dispute the Browns talent on offense, but when their D consistently gives up more points than that talented O can score, the end result is an "L" in the column.

Were you watching the same game I was? :dang:

Edman
11-11-2007, 04:45 PM
The Browns ALMOST beat us last year. Guess they were about the turn the corner then, too. ALMOST doesn't cut it in the NFL. The fact remains is that the Steelers swept the Clowns again for another season. If the Browns truly turned the corner, they wouldn't have crapped the bed in second half and finished off the Steelers. Just like in 2006, just like in the 2003 Playoff game. Cleveland continues to find ways to lose even they're being handed gifts. That's not a sign that they're turning the corner.

So I give a big FU to the Dawg Pound and the Cleveland Browns. They suck, their fans suck, and they're a bunch of feces-brown worshipping sore losers. I hate the Browns.

SteelDogFan
11-11-2007, 04:47 PM
THREE SHORT FIELDS!! This is the #1 defense in the league and they scored in the redzone TOUCHDOWNS, three straight times. No matter how you slice it thats amazing in itself.

I understand how we Steelers fans can be, but you have to give the Browns credit. If they would have won it would be an upset. If you win a upset it does not make a difference how you win and they almost did.

They scored TD's on their three possessions and held us to three field goals on ours. At least give them the credit for that.

I agree Hometown. I'm just trying to get some to see that they do have talent on the offense and special taems they are not giving them credit for that.

BlastFurnace
11-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Stop smoking crack.

The Browns did nothing on offense all game long. That "high flying" passing game of theirs was grounded today.

The stats back this all up.

The Browns were almost handed a gift today, nothing more and nothing less.

No...the Browns played well and very easily could have won the game.

The Steelers didn't play well the first half and the Browns capitalized...the same way we capitalized against Baltimore.

Give the Browns credit. They played a good game.

SuckItUp
11-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Let me just ask this one question...Why brag about beating a team that sucks? If we want to pat ourselves on the back about this win, it would certainly be alot sweeter if we had the balls to admit that our opponent played excellent today, and that we barely squeeked out a win when it mattered most.

If you can't respect your opponent, than what's the point in bragging about your defeating them? Dumbies...

SteelDogFan
11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
They weren't 5-3 and in second place in the division last year. They weren't the 7th rated pass offense last year and it wasn't for the divisional lead. The Steelers came out knowing they were going to get a game and the Browns still almost won.

Atlanta Dan
11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Dude, give the browns credit man, they almost handed us a loss today! They have a great offensive line, very good receivers, and a pretty good QB. When these two teams took the field today, the browns played some decent D in the beginning. It wasn't until the 2nd half until the steelers were able to generate offense and stop theirs.

I'm also not sure what you mean about the players believing their own press clippings. Do you hang out in the Steelers locker room or something? I think people need to chalk this one up to some inspired play on the Browns part. Give a little credit where credit is due.

Give me a break "dude" - they were 9&1/2 point favorites - when they focused on the game they pulled it out, but they were flat in the first half - they were not ready to play in the first half - as Phil Simms said (and he was in the locker room this week) a team can say it respects an opponent but when you smacked an opponent around before & are coming off a big Monday night victory it is not surprising (but not excusable) they were flat - it is not as if this has nor happened before (Denver)

SteelDogFan
11-11-2007, 05:10 PM
We just played a team that is two games above 500 and in second place in the division. They take us down to the wire and miss a field goal that could have sent the game into overtime and we as Steelers fans can't acknowledge that ARE a talented team on the rise.

I wont go on because arguing with Steelers fans is not in my forte. But I will say this, the untalented Browns came into Pittsburgh and almost snatched first place out of the Steelers hands.

By the way I bet the team would give them their props.

tony hipchest
11-11-2007, 05:17 PM
unfortunately, no team is "for real" except the patriots.

i doubt they will even be given an opponent for the superbowl. i think they will just split their 53 man roster into 2 teams and let them play it out for the title.

HometownGal
11-11-2007, 05:25 PM
We just played a team that is two games above 500 and in second place in the division. They take us down to the wire and miss a field goal that could have sent the game into overtime and we as Steelers fans can't acknowledge that ARE a talented team on the rise.

I wont go on because arguing with Steelers fans is not in my forte. But I will say this, the untalented Browns came into Pittsburgh and almost snatched first place out of the Steelers hands.

I don't think most Steelers fans wouldn't give the Browns their props for playing a tough game in the first half. They took advantage of the opportunities they were handed, as we did last week against the Rats. I for one will definitely raise my glass to the Browns for playing a darned good first half, but to be successful in today's NFL, a team has to play for 60 minutes, not 30 as the Browns appear to have done.

Tomlin is a motivator and whatever he said to the team at the half, it worked like a charm (ST's must have been taking their turn in the john at the time).

Bottom line? A team can't give up 439 yards and 31 points while only gaining 163 yards and expect to come out on top.

Superior teams rise up from adversity and that is what our Steelers did this afternoon. Today's game was a true testament to the character of this team. :tt02::thumbsup:

lotas
11-11-2007, 05:47 PM
hey while I dont fully agree with the poster I see where he's coming from...don't be so ignorant guys.

Don't discount their play with stats about their first downs. This is football. There is Offense, there is Defense, and there is Special Teams. You can score with all three, and you can win a game with any given.

They kicked our ass in special teams today and almost won because of it (just like the Pats have so many times on us).

The Browns today gave us a better run for our money than Cinci/Balt has this year IMO, and normally we have the mentality that the Browns is automatic W and Cinci/Balt are dreaded. I agree with the poster in the sense that perhaps the division may not be the typical case. I dont think it was his intention to imply the Browns are for real in the sense they are a true NFL competitor, just that they are not the typical automatic W.

And I don't discredit their Offense for not coming out the 2nd half. I credit Dick LaBeau for being able to adjust at the half and figure out how to shut them down the second half.

go steelers

MACH1
11-11-2007, 05:51 PM
unfortunately, no team is "for real" except the patriots.

i doubt they will even be given an opponent for the superbowl. i think they will just split their 53 man roster into 2 teams and let them play it out for the title.

Yeah I don't see why the nfl is playing out the season. They may as well crown them now, after all their who we thought they were......:chuckle:

The browns are improving a little but not enough to keep up with the big dogs.

steelpride12
11-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Can't really call them the real deal speaking they scored on special teams and had one short field and went up 21-6 at one point and lost the games for themselves.

They had nothing at all in the second half except special teams as the Steelers came back to victory thanks to Big Ben and some key plays!

steelersfanmx
11-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I most say this... I hate the Browns to death... yes they usually sucks,
but I give them credit for playing us today in a way we didn't espected.
at least in the 1st half.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 06:11 PM
No...the Browns played well and very easily could have won the game.

The Steelers didn't play well the first half and the Browns capitalized...the same way we capitalized against Baltimore.

Give the Browns credit. They played a good game.

LOL

Yeah right. The Steelers handed the Browns two touchdowns. Look at the stats for the game. The Browns still suck.

Rhee Rhee
11-11-2007, 06:17 PM
idk i'd say the browns did well in the first half... derek anderson to me is a good QB probably better than most starters but the entire browns team depends on whether if he's under center this time next season... if he is they're definitely playoff caliber if he's not and brady quinn is sit tight brown fans wait another 4-5 years b4 u start winnin

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 06:21 PM
idk i'd say the browns did well in the first half... derek anderson to me is a good QB probably better than most starters but the entire browns team depends on whether if he's under center this time next season... if he is they're definitely playoff caliber if he's not and brady quinn is sit tight brown fans wait another 4-5 years b4 u start winnin

Playoff caliber? Maybe in the NFC. But this is the AFC and the Browns aren't even close to where they need to be to be a playoff team yet.

TopDawg1977
11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
my questions on DA were answered today. against soft defenses he can light the board up. but he has problems hitting the short pass and that will not cut it against a great D like the steelers. i think the schedule favors us to make it to the playoffs, but if DA does not improve the short game, it will be 1 and done for us.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 06:28 PM
my questions on DA were answered today. against soft defenses he can light the board up. but he has problems hitting the short pass and that will not cut it against a great D like the steelers. i think the schedule favors us to make it to the playoffs, but if DA does not improve the short game, it will be 1 and done for us.

I think Cleveland will go either 3-4 or 4-3 over their last 7. The trip to Arizona could make or break the 'Stains for the playoffs.

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 06:38 PM

I dont think anyone is denying their talent but they havent made any strides to be a better team by winning against a good team yet. However, from what I have seen they are telented offensively when A) they play against an inferior defense or B) have a short field. This is the NFL and you dont get both.

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Playoff caliber? Maybe in the NFC. But this is the AFC and the Browns aren't even close to where they need to be to be a playoff team yet.

Sorry but.....I lol'd at your sig.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Sorry but.....I lol'd at your sig.

That what it's there for.

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Let me just ask this one question...Why brag about beating a team that sucks? If we want to pat ourselves on the back about this win, it would certainly be alot sweeter if we had the balls to admit that our opponent played excellent today, and that we barely squeeked out a win when it mattered most.

If you can't respect your opponent, than what's the point in bragging about your defeating them? Dumbies...

I dont believe anyone is saying they suck. They are in 2nd place and have a winning record that proves they dont. However, the perception of them being paper tigers is quite substantiated.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I dont believe anyone is saying they suck. They are in 2nd place and have a winning record that proves they dont. However, the perception of them being paper tigers is quite substantiated.

I'm saying they suck. They suck....they suck....they suck.

I have no respect for the Browns. I never have and I never will. I think the whole franchise is rotten from the head down. I won't sit here and engage in "civil discussion" with people I have no respect for.

I'm embarassed that the Steelers had to struggle to beat such a pathetic football team.

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 07:10 PM

I have no respect for the Browns. I never have and I never will. I think the whole franchise is rotten from the head down. I won't sit here and engage in "civil discussion" with people I have no respect for.

I'm embarassed that the Steelers had to struggle to beat such a pathetic football team.

I stand corrected. :toofunny:

steelwolf21
11-11-2007, 07:14 PM
??? It doesn't matter how they got it done, nor do stats matter, what matters is the result and THAT was too close for comfort. I thought we'd smoke the stains, for them to come to Heinz and have the game decided on a last second field goal attempt? Come on credit where credit's due, that's immpressive, especially when you consider the whipping we gave them in Cleveland. I agree with Steeldogfan, far from elite, but what does it say about us that they gave us so much trouble after they barely beat the pathetic Rams? I don't know if they're the legit challenger for next year, but for this year I'm giving them props, that was much much closer than it ever should have been.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Like I said, I will never give that sorry excuse for a football team credit for anything short of folding.

dannny77
11-11-2007, 10:19 PM

Please stop with the hatred - you're giving a bad name to this entire fanbase.

(1) Okay, so you think the Browns are a pathetic football team. Think what you want, but they aren't nearly as bad you make them out to be. However, calling them a "pathetic football team", when they were beating us up until the end of the game and missed sending it into overtime due to a short field goal at the last second only makes our Steelers look worse. If they Browns were as bad as you make them out to be, and the Steelers as good as you make them out to be, this would never have happened. Therefore, either the Browns aren't "pathetic", or our Steelers are. And...I'd have to go with the first choice.

(2) Okay, so you claim that the Browns even scored points because of the field position that the Steelers gave them, and that they are still pathetic and it doesn't mean anything. If the Steelers were as dominating a team as you claim they are to such a pathetic football team, they (a) shouldn't have been giving such a bad team that field position, (b) should have been stopping the Browns because they are so pathetic, or (c) been scoring so many touchdowns that giving them good field position didn't matter. It doesn't matter if the Browns scored against us because of good field position, the Steelers weren't able to score more a whole lot (until the end) on a "pathetic" and "sorry excuse" for a football team.

Are the Browns one of the best teams in the league? Of course not, but they are certainly better than you make them out to be. By calling them "pathetic" and a "sorry excuse" for a football team is, in all honesty, more embaressing to the Steelers than it is to the Browns.

Basically, if the Browns were as pathetic as you say they are, giving them good field position wouldn't have mattered, we should have been scoring more against such a team anyway, and we should have at least been able to stop them.

Also, what do you think of the Baltimore game from last weekend? Do you give credit for the Steelers dominating them, or what because of the field position the Baltimores gave us (or, rather turnovers).

jjpro11
11-11-2007, 10:48 PM

you cant blow teams out every week.. we had ours last week and a number of times prior to even that game. i dont think the browns are a good team either, but theres nothing you can do.

duma
11-11-2007, 11:05 PM
I saw a team take advantage of what was going their way. The Browns didn't put up numbers because they played on a short field - or in one TD case, no offense needed at all. Stats can be spun either way.

I think they are legitimate... as a wild card team that will lose the first round. They have improved, just not enough.

rbryan
11-11-2007, 11:25 PM
I'll give the Browns some credit. If for no other reason they had us beat today. I didn't look at the Baltimore game as a gift but with this same kind of reasoning you could make the argument that it was. 5 turnovers is a pretty nice gift.

160 yards of offense is a deceiving stat. If you add in the return yards they were even with us. Just because its not the defense on the field giving up those returns it doesn't mean they don't count. A kickoff return is no more of a gift than a long run or pass from the line of scrimmage.

steelergirl07
11-11-2007, 11:42 PM
I'll give credit where credit it due. The Browns are for real. They still have a long way to go. But they also came a long way since Week 1. They almost had us today. So good job Browns. But i'm still glad they lost. :D

MJ5150
11-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Oh come on with all this Browns love. They stink. They always have since I can remember, and they always will.

Football isn't about moral victories and being able to compete with good teams. Football is about smashing the guy across from you in the mouth and winning. Two things the Browns have yet to do.

We smoked them in week one, and kicked their butts this week. Our Steelers are getting on a roll, and I'm starting to get stoked!

-Mike

dannny77
11-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Oh come on with all this Browns love. They stink. They always have since I can remember, and they always will.

Oh, come on, this is not "Browns love". This is about giving a team respect when they deserve it. And they do. Do I like the Browns? Hell no - but I'll acknowledge when they played a good game. And they did. I honestly don't know how any of us Steeler fans can sit here with an ounce of respect for ourselves while calling the Browns "pathetic". They came extremely (like last second) close to beating us, or at least taking it into overtime. You cannot make an excuse for that. I don't care that we gave them good field position - if we were as dominant as we act, we wouldn't have given them such field position. And that's all part of football.

We smoked them in week one, and kicked their butts this week.

I'm sorry, but we did not kick their butts this week. They were beating us for the first half of the game. We weren't in it the first half, no matter what excuses we make. It was our fault, and they took advantage of that - like they should have. Are they better than us? No, and both of these games prove it. However, judging from today's game, they should at least be taken seriously and respected. They aren't pathetic, and I will be very, very excited (and nervous) about these games next year. Give respect where respect is due - you're just giving this wonderful fanbase a bad and arrogant name.

Hines0wnz
11-12-2007, 12:20 AM
I saw a team take advantage of what was going their way. The Browns didn't put up numbers because they played on a short field - or in one TD case, no offense needed at all. Stats can be spun either way.

I think they are legitimate... as a wild card team that will lose the first round. They have improved, just not enough.

I missed their long drives for TDs in Steeler territory? :eye:

ricksteelers55
11-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Browns are not for real at all.

1st of all we gave them easy field positions Good for them they scored each time 3 on 3 in the redzone,but the fact is that they blew 15 pts.

Browns could have won that game but never took their chances to seal the deal.

If you are for real you don't get your first 1st down of the half on your last drive of the half.

Again like someone said,We are lucky that we didnt play the Pats or a serious contender.We really have to fix that Special Team issue.

They are better but it's easy to be better than crap.

Now let's hope that McNair can hold the ball and beat the clowns next week to help us diggin the hole deeper

MJ5150
11-12-2007, 01:18 AM
1......This is about giving a team respect when they deserve it. And they do.

2.......but I'll acknowledge when they played a good game.

3.......I honestly don't know how any of us Steeler fans can sit here with an ounce of respect for ourselves while calling the Browns "pathetic".

4.......I'm sorry, but we did not kick their butts this week. They were beating us for the first half of the game. We weren't in it the first half, no matter what excuses we make. It was our fault, and they took advantage of that - like they should have.

5.......Are they better than us? No, and both of these games prove it.

6.......judging from today's game, they should at least be taken seriously and respected.

7......They aren't pathetic

8......Give respect where respect is due

9......you're just giving this wonderful fanbase a bad and arrogant name.

You make some good points Danny, and I'd like to respond. Before I do, remember now we like the same team. :tt02:

1......Respect them for what? Almost beating us? Are you serious? We've beat these guys for like five straight years. Maybe they'll beat us some day, and I'l re-visit this respect issue. For now, nope. We own the Browns. End of story.

2.....Agreed. But that is as far as I'm going with the warm fuzzy feelings for the Browns.

3......I have not used that word to describe them. Take that issue up with the person who made that comment, not me.

4......Sure we did. This game has total flashbacks for me to last years Raiders game. We let these guys hang around by not playing focused football and making fundamental mistakes. They had 160 yards of total offense, we had 400. Their offense scored zero points for the last 35 minutes of the game. They did not continue to keep us down as the game wore on. We came out in the second half and took over. I could go on, but this post is already going to be long enough. :smile:

5.......YAY! We agree! :tt02:

6......Let the teams they beat take them seriously. I can't take a team seriously that barely got more overall yards than our QB and RB alone.

7.....Nope, they aren't and I never said they were.

8......True. Try beating us once and we'll see what happens.

9......I'm not sure how. I haven't made fun of anyone or called any names. I made a valid point. I am prideful about my Steelers, and I really don't think we need to start giving all kinds of respect to a team that can't even beat us no matter how hard they try or who they put on the field.

Look, go out and pat a Browns fan on the shoulder tomorrow and let them know how much you respect them for almost beating us. If someone did that to me as a Steeler fan, I'd consider it an insult.

Fast forward to the Patriots game next month. If New England comes in undefeated and beats us by a TD, I don't want no respect from the Pats fans telling us we played a good game. I don't want to play "good" games, I WANT TO WIN!

Maybe Browns fans will sleep well tonight knowing their team didn't get their doors blown off again. Good for them. I don't ever want to be in a position where us Steeler fans are excited and happy about almost winning a game, or not getting blown out .

-Mike

Preacher
11-12-2007, 01:25 AM

Really?

Division Winners

Pats, Steelers, Colts, Chargers

Wildcard... Jacksonville, Tennessee, Buffalo, Cleveland...

I wouldn't be willing to put money on any of those four teams making or not making the wildcard. We may see them again.

bozz723
11-12-2007, 05:04 AM
??? It doesn't matter how they got it done, nor do stats matter, what matters is the result and THAT was too close for comfort. I thought we'd smoke the stains, for them to come to Heinz and have the game decided on a last second field goal attempt? Come on credit where credit's due, that's immpressive, especially when you consider the whipping we gave them in Cleveland. I agree with Steeldogfan, far from elite, but what does it say about us that they gave us so much trouble after they barely beat the pathetic Rams? I don't know if they're the legit challenger for next year, but for this year I'm giving them props, that was much much closer than it ever should have been.

Ok guys who are saying the Browns "gave us a game".

They in fact, did not give us a game. They didn't even come close.

Yes, I realize that special teams are part of the game but that second return was a miracle and you will only get that once every ten years, and the Browns still couldn't win, and they were getting miracles.

To the guy who keeps saying they scored 3 times against the #1 defense in the league in the red zone.

Guess what buddy they started one drive on our 4 yard line and one drive in the redzone already. Any team on earth would give up a TD if you start on the four yard line.

I will igve them credit for their first drive, it was absolutely legit, but it happens.

The Browns offense wasn't close, their defense wasn't close. The Steelers still moved the ball even though they were getting field goals in the first half. This game really could have been ugly if the Steelers scored on some of those. Yes, I know they didn't, but they still had the opportunity, and that is more the Browns can say. They were given a lead, and tried to hang on to it for dear life, and they couldn't. You know why? They are not a good team.

This game is up there with the Raiders and Texans losses of years past. That is how bad it was.

The Browns had 163 total yards and most of them were on the first drive, I don't understand how, just because the score was close, you can say they are "turning the corner."

Or "Deserve respect."
Or "They are for real"

They look worse off than ever. They will not make the playoffs this year, and probably not next year. What's gonna change there? They need an entirely new defense, a run game, and a big time QB. The honeymoon for Derek Anderson is over.

No defense.
No run game, questionable QB.
that is a bad recipe.

I'm looking for a dominant performance next week.

SteelDogFan
11-13-2007, 10:53 AM
I have a few words "Immaculate Reception, Miracle in the Medowlands, The Catch " I'll Stop there. The NFL is made up of miracle plays every single year.