PDA

View Full Version : Next Up: NY Jets

moedap
11-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I hope the Steelers come to this game resolved to get it over with quick and early!

jjpro11
11-11-2007, 05:32 PM
i still have to catch my breath from today.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-11-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm going to have calm down also before I start talking about the Jets. :sweating:

klick81
11-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah man! I gotta enjoy this W before I move on...

Black@Gold Forever32
11-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Really I see there is noway the Jets can beat the Steelers....Kellen Clemens is a young QB and I think the Steelers defense will tee off on him.......But he is the best option right now for them...Old Noodle Arm Pennington is done.....Plus Thomas Jones won't do jack......

I like the Steelers big time....in the tune of 34-7

Borski
11-11-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm not gonna get c0cky about the Jets game, cause every time I think we'll win big we either lose or almost lose and every time I am worried about a game we seem to win big. so I am worried about it :wink02:

SteelDogFan
11-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah I agree, I had to listen to the game on the net and look at NFL.com playbyplay screen and my head is still throbbing.

I post about the Jets when this game is on NFL Replay.

tony hipchest
11-11-2007, 06:19 PM
too bad litp is no longer around to tell us how great and powerful his 2nd favorite (mangina led) team is. :busted:

steelpride12
11-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Yes no ****yness please there are many trap games and if we don't come out on defense fighting they could beat us all game!

Steelers
11-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Wait, Pennington isn't starting?

Rhee Rhee
11-11-2007, 07:26 PM
idk they can't seem to run the ball at all and their long ball is non-existent so i think we win this one 24-0 (last time i made a prediction like this it was the broncos game...)

Borski
11-11-2007, 07:48 PM
idk they can't seem to run the ball at all and their long ball is non-existent so i think we win this one 24-0 (last time i made a prediction like this it was the broncos game...)

Thats exactly why I am going to try and force myself not to be to confident against lesser talented teams

moedap
11-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I know some of you hate talking about the next game immediately after a game. I apologize to those peeved. Like a lot of other fanatics I am superstitious so my post is more to alleviate my need to remain consistent.

alittlejazzbird
11-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Kellen Clemens came in at the end of the Jets' last game and definitely showed some stuff, even though they ultimately lost. He made a strong case for taking Chad's job next year. I don't know that they're going to be playing very well as a unit after having had a bye week, but I can tell you that I would much rather have played them two weeks ago when they were in total chaos.

I don't think there's any way the Jets win, but I do think they might make it interesting, or nerve-wracking, depending on how you look at it. I hope I'm wrong, but then again, I thought we would win handily today (and it took nearly 45 post-game minutes for my heart to stop pounding).

fansince'76
11-11-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm too drained from the game today to talk about the Jets now - maybe tomorrow.

FastWillieParker39
11-11-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm too drained from the game today to talk about the Jets now - maybe tomorrow.

Same here. I just wanna enjoy today's win, then start talking about the Jets.

AvoidLLoyd95
11-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Those big young quarterbacks(Clemons) usually do pretty good against the Steelers, for some reason. I won't concede anything anymore, just hope they play a complete game and dispatch the teams they need to, the Jets being one of them.

BlastFurnace
11-11-2007, 10:06 PM
The Jet we need to be most concerned with is Leon Washington.

verks36
11-11-2007, 10:19 PM
I will be at the game
che che

stlrtruck
11-11-2007, 11:44 PM
The Steelers are set up for failure this week and Tomlin has to make sure that they don't fall into the trap.

We can not afford our STs to give up easy yardage. Our defense has to stop giving up the 1 yard past the marker 3rd down plays, and our offense has to score TDs not FGs!!

GeneralRobinson
11-12-2007, 09:03 AM

Couldn't agree more.

Lord Stiller
11-12-2007, 09:07 AM
I will be at the game
che che

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling there will be A LOT of Steelers fans in attendance

:tt02:

BurghZ0n3
11-12-2007, 09:25 AM
we could BARELY make it yesterday....but then, Ben proved himself that he is worth it to be on the saddle! I like to see this matchup again in the PO....

verks36
11-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling there will be A LOT of Steelers fans in attendance

:tt02:

ya i do 2
there will definitley be alot there
both games I went 2 in newyork against the giants and against the jets in the snow there were alot of steeler fans

and now because the jets suck and the steelers are just the steelers there will be even more steelers fans and jets fans cant talk smack because there team sucks:cheers::flap:

Jman
11-12-2007, 09:56 AM

I'll give a big Amen to that. Joshua Cribbs wiped the floor with STs over the weekend and with Leon already have 3 returning TDs, I'm a bit worried.

rbryan
11-12-2007, 10:11 AM
I think Tomlin saw enough yesterday to not let the team overlook the Jets. I wouldn't be surprised if someone on the ST unit loses his job this week. This is a huge trap game, last thing this team needs right now is to get giddy over a good comeback against a team we should have beaten by 21 points.

steel striker
11-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm still concerned about the special teams but, hopefully we will do a better job than yesterday. You know what they say on any given sunday. Still I think we will win the game and, that is all that matters. You know the Jets will be fired to play us so, I look for a hard hitting contest. After what I have been seeing the last few years in the NFL you never know what is going to happen. I hope we win big and everyone stays healthy.

BurghZ0n3
11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Reed was trying to tackle as well...I respect that, better than Josh Miller back then :dang: but ya, I hope they re-arrange the ST Squad quickly :tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
11-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Ok, so I have a friend that's a Jets fan and at the begining of the season he was talking smack about this game. He still is.

So, let me set this record straight.

The Jets suck eggs. They are horrible. They are going to get their arses handed to them this weekend. Trap game? Heck no, historically speaking, we destroy the Jets, and nothing will be different this week. They have no run d, they have no running game, they have crap everywhere on their team from top to bottom. And Jets fans are no better. When they aren't busy smoking weed on the walkways during change of possession time outs, they are busy selling their tickets on the streets of Route 3. There will be about 15,000 Steelers fans at this game and from kick off to final whistle they will be waiving their towells and enjoying a good old fashion Beat Down.

Steelers 41, Jets 13 (assuming we don't get our KO coverage fixed and they return one for a TD after we kick 8 times to them.)

BlastFurnace
11-12-2007, 11:47 AM
I think Tomlin saw enough yesterday to not let the team overlook the Jets. I wouldn't be surprised if someone on the ST unit loses his job this week. This is a huge trap game, last thing this team needs right now is to get giddy over a good comeback against a team we should have beaten by 21 points.

The person that everyone seems to be mentioning on the radio is Frazier. Apparently, he made a pretty weak attempt at the tackle.

Lord Stiller
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
The person that everyone seems to be mentioning on the radio is Frazier. Apparently, he made a pretty weak attempt at the tackle.

That is true

But there were also about 3 other guys who missed before him but Frazier definitely should have made that tackle

Dino 6 Rings
11-12-2007, 12:20 PM
11 guys missed tackles on that Kick off...they are ALL to blame...well maybe not Reed unless you count his lack of kicking it out of the back of the endzone.

rbryan
11-12-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't know. Sometimes you have to just chock it up to a bit of bad luck. Especially on the last one. It truly is a game of inches, give some credit to Cribbs, if we had someone make that move along the sideline we would all be talking about how great it was, not that the other teams coverage sucked. Its hard for me to point a finger at anyone in particular. Browns have ALWAYS killed us on returns. I think Cribbs is just T Metcalf reincarnated. lol

Rhee Rhee
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
we'll beet the jets as long as our ST comes to play because Leon Washington to me is the second best returner in the NFL besides devin hester.... (no not josh cribbs we just make him look better then he actually is)

DACEB
11-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Mark my words, we will win the next two games easily. Neither the Jets or the Dolphins have enough playmakers on offense. We should be able to play our base 3-4 defense for the majority of both games. When we are in our 3-4 we are hard to beat, that is when we create alot of pressure.

It has become clear to me that when we have to drop back into coverage and only rush four is when we have problems. We have to create a better rush with just the D-line, but that is another thread.

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Mark my words, we will win the next two games easily. Neither the Jets or the Dolphins have enough playmakers on offense. We should be able to play our base 3-4 defense for the majority of both games. When we are in our 3-4 we are hard to beat, that is when we create alot of pressure.

It has become clear to me that when we have to drop back into coverage and only rush four is when we have problems. We have to create a better rush with just the D-line, but that is another thread.

I guess it is a question of which LB rushes with the 3 down linemen - o-coordinators appear to have figured out how to handle DBs blitzes in general and Troy rushing in particular.

That opening Cleveland drive is what Brady or Manning will do all game long with the current schemes. The Jets or Dolphins are quite a different matter.:smile:

Steel_Bus_24
11-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Man no game is a given if last year wasn't proof enough, the Steelers keep demonstrating that they can be beaten by anyone. And if they bring the same level of play to NY then we very well could drop one to them.

However if the team plays like they are capable of playing then we can beat anyone no matter the conditions, so if the good Steelers show up, then we should win comfortably

Also going back to that Browns game..did anyone else notice Simmons yawning in the tunnel before the game started on CBS???? Once I saw that I got that feeling that we were going to play flat

TackleMeBen
11-12-2007, 02:24 PM
my sister is a huge jet fan so you know we wont be talking this week. in fact she is refusing to take any of my text messages or calls..lol...

rbryan
11-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Sometimes all the "want to" in the world can't change the way the ball bounces when old mo starts rolling down the hill at you. It would be a huge mistake to think the Jets are going to be an easy win. If and when you lose a game like that its not always someones fault. People feel the need to find a scapecoat, usually there isn't one.

LVSteelersfan
11-12-2007, 03:03 PM
For some strange reason the Jets seem to give the Steelers a run for their money when we play them. We barely squeaked out a win against them in the playoffs a couple years back because of lackadaisical play and SPECIAL TEAMS. The Steelers need to be ready to play EVERY WEEK. Starting in the FIRST QUARTER.

Lord Stiller
11-12-2007, 03:04 PM
11 guys missed tackles on that Kick off...they are ALL to blame...well maybe not Reed unless you count his lack of kicking it out of the back of the endzone.

Huh?????

it was a squib kick, its not supposed to go out of the endzone

BurghZ0n3
11-12-2007, 03:07 PM
my sister is a huge jet fan so you know we wont be talking this week. in fact she is refusing to take any of my text messages or calls..lol...

say,...maybe the one who'll lose next week, must take off the jersey & use it as a floor mat??? I doubt we will lose though :tt02::banging::tt02::banging::tt02::banging:

TackleMeBen
11-12-2007, 05:05 PM
say,...maybe the one who'll lose next week, must take off the jersey & use it as a floor mat??? I doubt we will lose though :tt02::banging::tt02::banging::tt02::banging:

she keeps telling me that she is going to send my son a pennington jersey... i mean its bad enough he has a ray lewis jersey....lol..

HometownGal
11-12-2007, 06:22 PM
After the loss in Arizona, I take no team with a losing record lightly any longer. I'm sure Tomlin will prepare the team as if they were playing a contender. I don't want to see the Steelers getting caught with their knickers down again. :dang:

revefsreleets
11-12-2007, 06:51 PM
We've lost to two horrible teams on the road. The fact that the Jets are even worse than the Bronco's and Cardinals makes me worry more, not less.

If I was Tomlin, I'd be putting starters in on ST's. Why not? It is 1/3rd of the game, and can cause losses just as much as failure in the other 2/3rds.

moedap
11-13-2007, 09:56 AM
There is no time zone change when they travel to N.Y. so we should beat the Jets handily.

Borski
11-13-2007, 10:19 AM

You cant ask for a more perfect kick by Reed, it stopped at the 1 yard line, not his fault ST couldn't tackle the guy

Lord Stiller
11-13-2007, 11:14 AM
You cant ask for a more perfect kick by Reed, it stopped at the 1 yard line, not his fault ST couldn't tackle the guy

No kidding

When you think about, that was the best squib kick EVER. It bounced all around and stopped almost on the goal line. Cribbs HAD to pick it up and SHOULD have been tackled inside the 5-yard line

GeneralRobinson
11-13-2007, 12:54 PM
How dare they schedule this for the Pittsburgh game?! Jets have no respect for us. They must thing we're some kind if easy homecoming opponent! Coach Tomlin, you'd better use this for bulletin board material this week. 'Cause if it worked for Brian Billick...yeah, um, never mind.:sofunny:

Jets to honor RB Martin
(New York - WABC, November 13, 2007)

The New York Jets will take time to honor Curtis Martin.

The team will hold an event to honor Martin when they host the Pittsburgh Steelers this coming Sunday.

The Jets' chairman and CEO says while many fans knew of Martin's exploits on the field, few knew about his efforts to help people off the field.

Martin retired over the summer as the Jets' career leading rusher. He also was the fourth leading rusher in the history of the NFL.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=sports&id=5759145

Counselor
11-13-2007, 01:01 PM
How dare they schedule this for the Pittsburgh game?! Jets have no respect for us. They must thing we're some kind if easy homecoming opponent! Coach Tomlin, you'd better use this for bulletin board material this week. 'Cause if it worked for Brian Billick...yeah, um, never mind.:sofunny:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=sports&id=5759145

Too funny. But in all seriousness, thats perfect to honor him when they are playing the Steelers.

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2007, 02:30 PM
My comment about the Reed kick not going out of the back of the endzone was meant with sarcasm. He didn't do anything wrong on his kick...other than not have the ability to put it out of the back of the endzone. That is all I was saying.

If you kicker is capable of kicking it 80 yards and out of the endzone, you can have goofy and roger rabbit on the kick coverage team, it won't be returned.

I blame the 10 guys who missed tackles on that play.

alittlejazzbird
11-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Too funny. But in all seriousness, thats perfect to honor him when they are playing the Steelers.

Absolutely - a great Pittsburgh connection and a total class-act guy.

Still trying to get someone here in Joisey to sell me their Jets tickets for Sunday (for something under the cost of, say, a mortgage payment)...gotta hand it to these J-E-T-S fans, even though their team is woeful, they're still planning to go. Or wait -- what am I saying? -- could this be the old don't-sell-your-tickets-to-any-Steelers-fans ploy that all our out of town opponents try each year? Ah well, I'll probably end up hanging around the parking lot (which is now miles from the Meadowlands thanks to construction) seeing what I can get my hands on, ten minutes before gametime!

lapzter
11-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm with the "lets not get overconfident" bunch, our only two losses are to two very average at best teams. But I think as long as we don't turn the ball over to much or play more crappy special teams we should be fine.

X-Terminator
11-13-2007, 03:37 PM
This game has T-R-A-P written all over it. It's the kind of game that the Steelers traditionally do not play well in - a game where they're expected to dominate their opponent. After 2 emotional wins at home against division rivals, don't be surprised if the Steelers come out flat for the 2nd consecutive week. Plus, there's something about Giants Stadium that seems to bring out the worst in the Steelers - their last 2 games there have not been Mona Lisas, to say the least. That said, we can play below our standards, and still beat the Jets by at least 14. They are that bad.

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
There is no way the Steelers are going to over look this game. Not after a good showing by the Browns. In this league, every team has a legit chance to win on sunday, that is well known. Having a couple humble pie games with the Broncs and Cards helps to keep the focus on the team in front of us.

Now, that sad, the Jets suck. And I don't mean I hate the Jets like I do the Cowboys, suck, I mean they are an awful team. All around. They have a good kick off returner, and that's because he spends all day returning kicks. They have the 29th offense and the 30th defense. They are horrible across the board. They can't run and can't stop the run. They are on their 2nd QB already this season and although he is capable of throwing a 20 yard out, unlike Chad, he also has never played against Dick L's Defense. He's in for a long day.

Plus the turf in the meadowlands is fake, that helps Willie get his wheels going. Our defense will be flying all over the field and other than avoiding Revis (Pitt Grad Stud) in our passing game, we should put up some great numbers.

Plus, NJ/NY fans are as fair weather as they come. There will be, I predict, at least 15,000 towell waving steelers fans at this game. No way we have a let up. If we do, then I'll personally be finding Tomlin and giving him a piece of my mind. Even if it is a small piece. I'll hand it to him in a little baggy and say look at this coach.

This game SHOULDNT be close!!!

Borski
11-13-2007, 05:37 PM
...No way we have a let up. If we do, then I'll personally be finding Tomlin and giving him a piece of my mind. Even if it is a small piece. I'll hand it to him in a little baggy and say look at this coach.

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

GeneralRobinson
11-13-2007, 07:23 PM
No way we have a let up. If we do, then I'll personally be finding Tomlin and giving him a piece of my mind. Even if it is a small piece. I'll hand it to him in a little baggy and say look at this coach.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/sports.aol.com/fanhouse/media/2007/11/mike-tomlin-intense.jpg

You got something to say to me Dino 5 Rings?

BOXCAR JOEY
11-13-2007, 09:07 PM
tis the weekend I, uh the steelers have their revenge against the crappy jets from a couple seasons ago from a snowy hell of a game here in jersey. and thank god too. its going to be a hum dinger. i think the jets shuld bring back pennington hahahaha

stillers4me
11-13-2007, 09:10 PM
If you kicker is capable of kicking it 80 yards and out of the endzone, you can have goofy and roger rabbit on the kick coverage team, it won't be returned.

Are they available? We're looking for a couple of good ST guys. :sofunny:

fansince'76
11-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Are they available? We're looking for a couple of good ST guys. :sofunny:

Looks like Belicheat already claimed Goofy off the waiver wire:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/a-c/ccf5s04.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

NateC
11-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Heres to Eating Kellen Clemens Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!