PDA

View Full Version : Chance at #2 or even #1 seed?

Steel Pit
11-11-2007, 11:58 PM
We've heard all season that the Patriots and the Colts are in a class of their own. Heck the other teams shouldn't even waste their time playing because in the end it's going to be the aforementioned teams in the AFC Championship game. Their meeting last week was held only to resolve the homefield issue in the AFC Championship game.

Well......LOOKIE, LOOKIE, LOOKIE, now. If the playoffs were to start today, the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers would be in possession of the #2 seed due to them having a better conference record than the Colts. :flap::flap::flap:

duma
11-12-2007, 12:01 AM
I wonder if Ind would like to play in Pittsburgh.... ha.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-12-2007, 12:04 AM
I wonder if Ind would like to play in Pittsburgh.... ha.

That would be great seeing a the Colts play at a snowy Heinz Field in the AFC title game....I know I'm looking to far ahead but that would be great if that happened....But anyways I'm not worried if the Steelers had to go to Indy in the play-offs....We all know what happened the last time the Steelers visited Indy......:thumbsup:

Rotorhead
11-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Well after the Colts just lost we really need to beat Bellicheat and his Patsies, that would mean the #2 seed (if we win out that is) and there is a possibility that the Patsies could lose against the Giants for thier last game. I certainly hope the ST and OL get an clue and realize we could be in the drivers seat come playoff time if they get their $#!! together!:cheers:

Rotorhead
11-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Oops, I didnt see there was already a similar thread for this already.

Rotorhead
11-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Well if we beat the Pats and they stumble along the way we could be the #1 seed . . . Go <insert teams that play the Pats each week>!

Steel_Bus_24
11-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Wow surprise surprise, the media is making excuses for the Colts....things like "this will make them stronger in the end"..."Despite having an off night they were still good enough to make it a game".."So many injuries and they just came off another draining game but they still battled through them"

When its the Steelers its "Elite teams find ways to win despite injuries to key players"...."If they can't take the pressure of winning on the road how are they ever supposed to do it in the playoffs"

What a Crock

OneForTheToe
11-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Of all people, Bommer said on the CBS post game show that he thought the Steelers would catch the Colts for the second seed.

Rhee Rhee
11-12-2007, 01:28 AM
thats amazing to me i remember after we lost denver i was just thinking how screwed we were and how the browns mite just win the divison... look at dem stillers now.. probably will only have 2 losses when they meet da pats... lookin very forward to that game

Rhee Rhee
11-12-2007, 01:29 AM
hey still i have a feeling if we beat the patriots they mite give up that last one to NYG idk they've never really sat anyone before but this year is so different from the past that they need everyone... so they eessentially might have 2 losses just like us if we win oout

Galax Steeler
11-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Of all people, Bommer said on the CBS post game show that he thought the Steelers would catch the Colts for the second seed.

Some people are starting to give us a little credit now we don't get much.

SteelDogFan
11-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Listening to the Black and Gold pod cast Kucharski stated that if the Colts lose the Steelers could be in second place in the AFC. Who'd of thunk-it not me. Man that is way beyond my prediction for the season.
GO STEELERS!!!

Godfather
11-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I'd hate to count on the Giants for anything, especially in the second half of the season.

Plus, only way the Patricheats lose that game is if they're not playing for anything. After we beat them they're no longer playing for a perfect season, but with us at 14-2 and holding the tiebreaker they'll have to win that last game for home field advantage. So they'd have to lose another one before then.

LambertLunatic
11-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Actually, I'm hoping the pats get 1st seed. It would be much sweeter beating them in the AFCCG in their home, much like they done to us a couple times this decade.

revefsreleets
11-12-2007, 06:43 PM
The Pats will get the #1. The Colts will probably lose another division game. But the Chargers seem to be surging. I'd prefer to beat the Pats at home in the playoffs, but i keep coming back to that (unpopular) thought of how difficult it is to beat a good team twice in one year.

Preacher
11-12-2007, 06:47 PM
I don't know...

I would actually prefer to lose in the season... then go into Foxborough and beat them in their own house, ending their perfect season one game short, in front of their own fans... Then dance on their logo. after putting up 60 points in a shutout!!

Hey...anyone can dream!

iloveben7
11-12-2007, 07:03 PM
I think it's possible to maintain our #2 seed position and we could definately take the #1 spot when we beat the Patriots on December 9th and if they lose another game.

jjpro11
11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
i sure wouldnt mind seeing a big run like in 2004. that was a fun year, other than the afccg of course.

Stlrs4Life
11-12-2007, 09:22 PM
I thin k it is way too early to be talking playoff seeds. I still take the 1 game at a time mentality.

Preacher
11-13-2007, 03:22 AM
I thin k it is way too early to be talking playoff seeds. I still take the 1 game at a time mentality.

You know...

believe it or not, but the turkey is about to go into the oven... so it really IS time to start talking playoffs... amazing where the year has gone.

Steel Pit
11-13-2007, 06:11 AM
I'm only hoping for a bye week. I don't care if we're the 2 seed and have to travel to Foxboro for the AFC Championship game. We all know that since 1994, AFC Championship games played in Pittsburgh have been a disaster.

I also agree with anothers perspective. I won't mind if we lose the regular season meeting with the Patriots so long as it's a tough-hard fought battle with a 3 or 4 point margin of victory. In my opinion the Patriots game is the only remaining game that the Steelers MAY lose. We'll see, but in the meantime, I'M LOVING THIS $HIT! :jammin::cheers::banana::chicken::thumbsup::hug:

WisconsinSteelerMan
11-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Hey there...

Moderators, if this belongs merged with another thread, please feel free to move this...

I was just over at Sportsline.com and happened to look at the playoff picture. (I know...too far away to be looking at this) The Steelers show up as a #2 seed in the AFC, and I thought that was right, but then I saw this explanation:

AFC Tiebreakers

Pittsburgh is the No. 2 seed based on a better conference record over Indianapolis (5-1 to Colts' 4-2).

We haven't lost a division game yet, have we? We have beaten Cleveland twice, Ravens once and Bungles once, right? That would be 4-0, right?

Just wanted to get the facts straight. Would we still be a #2 seed vs Indy?

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Rhee Rhee
11-16-2007, 05:28 PM
no i think they mean conference as in AFC as a whole and not just divison like north west and stuffs...

Haiku_Dirtt
11-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Remarkable. Isn't it?

To do what we are doing with the O-line that we have really requires a soft schedule. DOH! And great defense.

If the Jags have a healthy QB then we only have two more potential losses in which case we would need one more Manning meltdown to get the bye. I don't see the Colts losing again. They get both the Jags and the Titans at home.

Infamix
11-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Wow surprise surprise, the media is making excuses for the Colts....things like "this will make them stronger in the end"..."Despite having an off night they were still good enough to make it a game".."So many injuries and they just came off another draining game but they still battled through them"

When its the Steelers its "Elite teams find ways to win despite injuries to key players"...."If they can't take the pressure of winning on the road how are they ever supposed to do it in the playoffs"

What a Crock

It's funny that they give credit to the Colts for coming back and almost beating the Chargers, when the Steelers did almost the same exact thing in Denver...

FastWillieParker39
11-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Would be HUGE if we can get that #2 seed. Don't worry about the what the Colts are doing, just keep winning baby!

Edman
11-16-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm only hoping for a bye week. I don't care if we're the 2 seed and have to travel to Foxboro for the AFC Championship game. We all know that since 1994, AFC Championship games played in Pittsburgh have been a disaster.

Under Cowher, who by the way, isn't here anymore.

I just want to Steelers to keep grinding and take care of business. Only 7 weeks of RS Football to go.

Crushzilla
11-16-2007, 10:09 PM
We haven't lost a division game yet, have we? We have beaten Cleveland twice, Ravens once and Bungles once, right? That would be 4-0, right?

Just wanted to get the facts straight. Would we still be a #2 seed vs Indy?

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Hey, Mike

What CBS has is correct. You are also correct. The issue is that you are getting conference and division mixed up.

Pittsburgh loss to Denver... 5-1 in the AFC (Loss to 'Zona only hurts as a loss in overall standings, not as a tiebreaker being an NFC team.

Indy loss to New England and San Diego, both AFC teams... 4-2

If the playoffs began today, we'd be the 2nd seed.

Preacher
11-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Hey, Mike

What CBS has is correct. You are also correct. The issue is that you are getting conference and division mixed up.

Pittsburgh loss to Denver... 5-1 in the AFC (Loss to 'Zona only hurts as a loss in overall standings, not as a tiebreaker being an NFC team.

Indy loss to New England and San Diego, both AFC teams... 4-2

If the playoffs began today, we'd be the 2nd seed.

Yep...

which is why we are rooting for the Bills this game!!!

Then we beat the pats... and we have 1st seed!!! :wink02:

Crushzilla
11-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Yep...

which is why we are rooting for the Bills this game!!!

That certainly is an upset that would make things very interesting...

If that doesn't pan out we can always count on Baltimore's high caliber offense to put them away :sofunny:

Preacher
11-17-2007, 12:33 AM
That certainly is an upset that would make things very interesting...

If that doesn't pan out we can always count on Baltimore's high caliber offense to put them away :sofunny:

Especially with that unbelievable QB Boller under center!!

steelpride12
11-17-2007, 09:41 AM
That would be great seeing a the Colts play at a snowy Heinz Field in the AFC title game....I know I'm looking to far ahead but that would be great if that happened....But anyways I'm not worried if the Steelers had to go to Indy in the play-offs....We all know what happened the last time the Steelers visited Indy......:thumbsup:

And we all know Troy made that INT and the score should have been on our side even more!:cheers: