PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com standings..

bozz723
11-12-2007, 06:00 AM
I just had to say something about this because I knew for a fact once I looked at the updated standings, we would be third behind the colts, even though our conference record is btter than theirs.

It is just stupid they still want to hype the stupid colts V pats, even if they aren't justly in second place.

I know it is not a big deal at all, I know, but still.

I just chuckled when I sa the colts second and the Steelers third, I was like yep..

bozz723
11-12-2007, 06:11 AM
Oh and NFL.com as well..

Apparently our better conference record doesn't matter when it comes to moving ahead of the Colts.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-12-2007, 06:21 AM
I just had to say something about this because I knew for a fact once I looked at the updated standings, we would be third behind the colts, even though our conference record is btter than theirs.

It is just stupid they still want to hype the stupid colts V pats, even if they aren't justly in second place.

I know it is not a big deal at all, I know, but still.

I just chuckled when I sa the colts second and the Steelers third, I was like yep..

The CBS NFL Crew gave us our props yesterday with both Boomer and Marino saying that we were the 2nd best team in the league.

bozz723
11-12-2007, 06:34 AM
The CBS NFL Crew gave us our props yesterday with both Boomer and Marino saying that we were the 2nd best team in the league.

Yea I know.

I was just talking about the way the standings should be laid out.

We statistically, at this point, if the playoffs started tomorrow, would have a first round bye over the colts.

I know it is a bit ridiculous to say this, but hey we are justfully in second!

Borski
11-12-2007, 07:53 AM
its the new itebrealing procedure:

1. The division champion with the best record.

2. The team is either the Patriots or the Colts

3. The division champion with the second-best record.

4. The division champion with the third-best record.

5. The division champion with the fourth-best record.

6. The Wild Card club with the best record.

7. The Wild Card club with the second-best record.

Godfather
11-12-2007, 10:28 AM
its the new itebrealing procedure:

1. The division champion with the best record.

2. The team is either the Patriots or the Colts

3. The division champion with the second-best record.

4. The division champion with the third-best record.

5. The division champion with the fourth-best record.

6. The Wild Card club with the best record.

7. The Wild Card club with the second-best record.

Kind of like the B(C)S?

Dino 6 Rings
11-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Rankings don't mean squat to me.

At the end, One team will be number 1, and that's all that matters.

Go Steelers!!!!!

Rhee Rhee
11-12-2007, 12:06 PM
psh exactly like the BCS... Hawaii getting no credit... Steelers also getting almost nothing compared to manning and brady

onthebus36
11-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Power Rankings are fun to read but really don't mean much. I say let the Steelers fly under the radar. What matters are wins and losses and making it to the playoffs. Once you get there, records go out the window and it's a one game season.

BozMan
11-12-2007, 12:18 PM
I think bozz723 is referring to the official NFL standings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standings?season=2007&breakdown=2&split=0&seasonType=2) published on ESPN.com, not the Power Rankings.

LVSteelersfan
11-12-2007, 01:54 PM
I hardly think that being number 3 is flying under the radar. lol The Steelers have a few things they need to shore up a bit to be considered in the top spot, but they are getting better as time progresses. Special teams was the nightmare last year and it looks like it is again. Although Rossum isn't dropping any like last year, he isn't doing anything with some balls he should be running with. But the kickoff coverage is PATHETIC. Field possession off of kickoffs is back to the damn 35-40 yard line again. The Pats and Colts eat teams alive that give them that kind of field position. IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW!!!!!!

bozz723
11-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Yes. I was talking about the official NFL rankings.

I was watching Mike & Mike htis morning and they had it right ;)

Pats
Steelers
Colts

So as of right now, we have a bye..

haha

Preacher
11-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Yes. I was talking about the official NFL rankings.

I was watching Mike & Mike htis morning and they had it right ;)

Pats
Steelers
Colts

So as of right now, we have a bye..

haha

Yep... however, in all reality... the colts have already played the Pats..and we have to play them. We MAY win teh game... but another loss by the Colts would be just what we need.

I.C. Lights
11-12-2007, 09:04 PM
ESPN.com has become a mindless void where half-baked ideas and occasional hatespeech orbit endlessly around poorly researched "articles."

That is why I prefer to get my opinions and sports news here, from folks like you. :sign04:

Dynasty
11-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Thank you, but the thing is, for all we hate it, a lot of us get our sports news from ESPN!

stillers4me
11-12-2007, 09:18 PM
They may be waiting until Monday nights games ore over before they update those things. Not that tonights game mean a hill of beans.

Steel Pit
11-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Well if the Steelers accomplish what we all expect them to do then they'll be whipping the Colts in a playoff game at Heinz Field and beating the "unbeatable Patriots" for a 2nd time in January.

We'll see what ESPN has to say when all is said and done. At this point I've learned to ignore morons such as "King Whiner-Skip Bayless" and Woody Paige. These 2 clowns have their noses stuck so far up the Patriots a$$.

Borski
11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Well if the Steelers accomplish what we all expect them to do then they'll be whipping the Colts in a playoff game at Heinz Field and beating the "unbeatable Patriots" for a 2nd time in January.

We'll see what ESPN has to say when all is said and done. At this point I've learned to ignore morons such as "King Whiner-Skip Bayless" and Woody Paige. These 2 clowns have their noses stuck so far up the Patriots a$$.

Was there a time where you listened to Skip?:jawdrop: :wink02:

As far as Woody, he may be on the Pats bandwagon, but who isnt? at least the guy is entertaining on Around the Horn.