PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger proves worthy of 'Terrific Three'

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-12-2007, 06:11 AM
Monday, November 12, 2007
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

In the humble opinion of Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel, the time has come for pro football observers to expand the list of the Big Two NFL quarterbacks and make it the Terrific Three.

"All I ever hear about is how good Tom Brady is and how good Peyton Manning is," The Diesel said yesterday. "Well, we've got a guy here in Pittsburgh who knows how to play the game. He just keeps making plays and winning games for us. He's a big-time player who deserves big-time respect."

Here, here.

I second that motion.

There were at least 190 reasons why the Steelers should have lost to the Cleveland Browns -- 190 being the total yardage on what should have been two deadly kickoff returns by the Browns' Joshua Cribbs -- but Ben Roethlisberger would have none of it. He willed this 31-28 win that left the Steelers firmly in charge of the AFC North Division.

Brady couldn't have done it better.

Manning couldn't, either.

"I talk about 'em, too," Big Ben said when asked about the league-wide chatter about Brady and Manning.

OK, let's rephrase the question:

Would you like to be mentioned in the same breath?

"Maybe some day, if I think I'm on that level," Big Ben said. "But that's OK. Let those guys be talked about. I'd rather talk about the Steelers."

Is it any wonder the man is so respected in his locker room?

"I'd like to give all the credit to my offensive linemen," Roethlisberger said. "The receivers got open and made plays for me. The running backs ran hard ..."

If Roethlisberger hadn't been interrupted by the next question, he surely would have mentioned coach Mike Tomlin, offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, quarterbacks coach Ken Anderson, the training staff, the equipment staff, Dan Rooney, Art Rooney II and the entire secretarial pool.

That humility is admirable, but it doesn't change the fact Roethlisberger took control of this game in the second half and won it.

You know, sort of like he did in the win against the Baltimore Ravens last Monday night when he threw five touchdown passes and had a perfect 158.3 passer rating.

That Roethlisberger did it again with his arm came as no surprise. His three touchdown passes gave him 23 for the season, 10 fewer than the great Brady who is on a record pace but nine more than Manning had going into the Indianapolis Colts' game at San Diego last night. Forget Brady and Manning; Terry Bradshaw couldn't throw a better pass than the 2-yard dart Roethlisberger threw to tight end Heath Miller for the winning touchdown. Miller had linebacker Leon Williams draped on him but somehow ended up with the ball.

Four times, the Steelers converted third-and-long plays thanks to Roethlisberger passes. On the winning drive, he found wide receiver Santonio Holmes for 18 yards on third-and-6 and, more impressively, Miller for 20 yards on third-and-18. He finished with a 99.9 passer rating that would have been much higher if not for a second-quarter interception that resulted from his miscommunication with Holmes. His 110.2 passer rating for the season is second only to Brady's sick 131.8.

You bet it has become the Terrific Three.

But a passer rating doesn't fully reflect a quarterback's impact because it doesn't measure his scrambling ability. Big Ben, fully aware the Browns were playing a lot of two-deep zone that left the running lanes open, killed 'em with his runs. Would you believe a 9-yard scramble on third-and-8 on a second-quarter field-goal drive? How about a phenomenal 30-yard touchdown run on a third-and-10 play to give the Steelers a 24-21 lead in the fourth quarter? As if that weren't enough, how about a 10-yard burst on third-and-9 on the winning drive?

It's that touchdown run that will have the fellas howling when they review the tape today.

"It seemed like he was so slow like, you know, sand in an hour glass," wide receiver Hines Ward said. "I could see from the grin on his face that he was determined to get to the end zone, but it took him long enough."

The play started when Roethlisberger stepped up in the pocket and heard guard Alan Faneca scream, "Go! Go! Go!" It continued when he fooled safety Brodney Pool by not sliding down and rumbling past him. And it ended with him diving into the end zone and then into the big ol' arms of jubilant Steelers guard Kendall Simmons before the rest of their teammates piled on.

"Those plays are where he becomes special," Miller said.

"Those plays," Keisel said, "just destroy a defense."

Keisel knows from experience.

He also knows quarterbacks.

"Our guy," he said, "is right there with anybody in the league."

I'll second that, too.

Kittyfish
11-12-2007, 08:42 AM
I've enjoyed reading all of these articles that have been brought over, but I especially like this one! Thank you, lamberts-lost-tooth, for bringing them over for us all to read. I for one appreciate it very much.

Jman
11-12-2007, 08:48 AM
I've enjoyed reading all of these articles that have been brought over, but I especially like this one!

:iagree:

Very much appreciated!

Nice article!

Godfather
11-12-2007, 10:27 AM
"Maybe some day, if I think I'm on that level," Big Ben said. "But that's OK. Let those guys be talked about. I'd rather talk about the Steelers."

Hey Ben,

Check your number of rings. Then check Peyton's.

tony hipchest
11-12-2007, 04:31 PM
great read. i was most impressed with this from bens post game quotes-

great maturity and leadership. he is the 5th most sacked qb in the nfl.

he is 27 for 40 and a 118 rating when throwing while under contact from a defender. (the rest of the league averages 50 something)....

he bails them out, left and right, yet he constantly praises them and gives them all the credit as if they are the best.

it definitely doesnt seem like any of his teammates dont like him now.

ben will break the bank, and i think will have earned every penny. i wont call him a bradshaw, favre, or elway, but if we wanna go in that direction, he is probably as close as were gonna get for a while.

otherwise we can always look for a kordell/vick type or settle for a grossman or pennington.

i dont see how ben goes into '08 without a contract extension in place.

HometownGal
11-12-2007, 04:43 PM
"All I ever hear about is how good Tom Brady is and how good Peyton Manning is," The Diesel said yesterday. "Well, we've got a guy here in Pittsburgh who knows how to play the game. He just keeps making plays and winning games for us. He's a big-time player who deserves big-time respect."

Couldn't have said it better myself Diesel. :thumbsup: Great read, LLT - thanks! :cheers:

Steelman16
11-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Fantastic read! Thanks for sharing. Big Ben is a very special person. I'm glad he wears Black and Gold. :tt02:

iloveben7
11-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Great article!! Ben is such an amazing person on and off the field and I couldn't imagine a better place for Ben than Pittsburgh

Preacher
11-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Great article!! Ben is such an amazing person on and off the field and I couldn't imagine a better place for Ben than Pittsburgh

I think the big issue beyond all of this... is that Pittsburgh (the city) is starting to rub off on Ben. Hard, blue-collar work ethic. Reaching deep to do what needs to be done.

He is becoming an embodiment of the city and the fans... and that is maturity.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Yesterday proves it. Ben was able to bring his team back to win, Manning couldn't.

iloveben7
11-12-2007, 06:07 PM
I think the big issue beyond all of this... is that Pittsburgh (the city) is starting to rub off on Ben. Hard, blue-collar work ethic. Reaching deep to do what needs to be done.

He is becoming an embodiment of the city and the fans... and that is maturity.

exactly

PalmerSteel
11-12-2007, 06:26 PM
great article. i would be curious to know the stats/ratings of the careers of brady, manning and others after their first 31/2 years in the NFL to shut up the still naysayers that say he is just "managing" a good team.

revefsreleets
11-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Ben wants $75 million from the Steelers next year.

I think he's worth it. It's cheaper than Brady and Peyton, and a much better investment then Mike Vick. He proved to me that he is a competitor yesterday by gutting out some yards that i thought he stopped caring about, ala Neil O'Donnell.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-12-2007, 06:47 PM
great read. i was most impressed with this from bens post game quotes-

great maturity and leadership. he is the 5th most sacked qb in the nfl.

he is 27 for 40 and a 118 rating when throwing while under contact from a defender. (the rest of the league averages 50 something)....

he bails them out, left and right, yet he constantly praises them and gives them all the credit as if they are the best.

it definitely doesnt seem like any of his teammates dont like him now.

ben will break the bank, and i think will have earned every penny. i wont call him a bradshaw, favre, or elway, but if we wanna go in that direction, he is probably as close as were gonna get for a while.

otherwise we can always look for a kordell/vick type or settle for a grossman or pennington.

i dont see how ben goes into '08 without a contract extension in place.

I don't think Ben's arm strength is nowhere as strong as those three you mention.....I don't think Ben has a weak arm by no means but those three all had/have cannons and are among the strongest arms in NFL history....But Ben does remind me of those three in ways....

Both Bradshaw and Favre had the confidence that they could make any throw which resulted in sometimes in INTs for those guys....Ben has that same confidence and gun slinging mentality......which leads him to throw some INTs....I rather have a QB with guts then not to have the balls to make a play....

Now with Brett Favre he loves the game and is really like a kid out there at times....I see that in Ben also.....

As for John Elway......He had that flare for comebacks.....I think Ben in his limited time has shown that same flare at times........

jack4patriots
11-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Big Ben has quite a ways to go before he's included in conversations with Manning & Brady. if anyone thinks otherwise, they're kidding themselves.

fansince'76
11-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Big Ben has quite a ways to go before he's included in conversations with Manning & Brady. if anyone thinks otherwise, they're kidding themselves.

Looks like from the article, he's already being included in those discussions, doesn't it? :coffee:

jack4patriots
11-12-2007, 11:48 PM
great article. i would be curious to know the stats/ratings of the careers of brady, manning and others after their first 31/2 years in the NFL to shut up the still naysayers that say he is just "managing" a good team.

You really don't want to see a statistical comparison...trust me.

fansince'76
11-12-2007, 11:49 PM

Taking the night off from licking Brady's balls, are we? :yawn:

jack4patriots
11-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Taking the night off from licking Brady's balls, are we? :yawn:

Hell no!! He's just running a little late! ;)

Last time I came here was prior to the 2004 playoff game. I really enjoyed talking with Steelers fans. You guys treated a troll like me pretty good. So I'm not gonna start much crap here...hell, I'd feel guilty if I did.

But it is shaping up to be quite the game up heee-ah in New England come December!

fansince'76
11-13-2007, 12:04 AM
So I'm not gonna start much crap here...hell, I'd feel guilty if I did.

Yeah, cheating will do that. Unless your a heartless troglodyte like Beliprick. :coffee:

Steel Pit
11-13-2007, 05:48 AM

OHHHHH MY! We here in Steelers Nation are just so-very envious of you Patriots fans. Your team has what, 3 Lombardi Trophies? WOW, I'll bet that you're all feeling pretty darn proud of yourselves, aren't you? I mean after all, the Steelers have long surpassed the proud feeling of possessing 3 Lombardi trophies, we exceeded that feeling in 1980, some 27 years ago, and have since won a 5th. Now those are statistical comparisons that "You really don't want to see", TRUST ME!

We'll all welcome you back if the Patriots EVER win 5 Lombardi trophies but don't expect us to be envious of you unless your team is in possession of a 6th.

Now run along and see if you can accomplish the aforementioned tasks but in the meantime, the Steelers may just win a 6th and even a 7th Lombardi trophy thus thwarting any accomplishments that you may return with. :wave:

tony hipchest
11-13-2007, 09:32 AM
You really don't want to see a statistical comparison...trust me.dude, trust me. you need to get over yourself and your favorite qb. what are you trying to hide? a little statistical comparrison sounds fun.

lets start with toms great 1st year in the league where he was picking boogers and wiping them on the underside of the bench. oh wait, he did have 3 passes and 1 completion for 3 yards.

Brady through 4 years-

955 completions
61.8 comp%
10233 yards
69 tds
38 ints
216 yards rushing/2td's/36 fumbles/13 fumbles lost/104 sacks

ben through 3 1/2 years-

804 completions
63.1 comp%
10,539 yards
74 tds
50 int
446 yards rushing/7td's/14 fumbles/7 fumbles lost/122 sacks

wow, thats gotta make brady fans wanna cry. through 3 1/2 years ben has more yards, td's, and better completion percentage than brady did through 4. of course we will have to add bens stats from the remaining 7 games to get a TRUE statistical comparrison. :computer:

fansince'76
11-13-2007, 09:36 AM
dude, trust me. you need to get over yourself and your favorite qb. what are you trying to hide? a little statistical comparrison sounds fun.

lets start with toms great 1st year in the league where he was picking boogers and wiping them on the underside of the bench. oh wait, he did have 3 passes and 1 completion for 3 yards.

Brady through 4 years-

955 completions
61.8 comp%
10233 yards
69 tds
38 ints

ben through 3 1/2 years-

804 completions
63.1 comp%
10,539 yards
74 tds
50 int

wow, thats gotta make brady fans wanna cry. through 3 1/2 years ben has more yards, td's, and better completion percentage than brady did through 4. of course we will have to add bens stats from the remaining 7 games to get a TRUE statistical comparrison. :computer:

But, but, but, what about the 3 SBs Mr. Metro won? Oh, wait, that was Vinatieri. We saw what happened last year when they actually needed a TD to win in the AFCCG, didn't we? :coffee:

http://a6.vox.com/6a00cdf3a098c8cb8f00d10a79ba2e8bfa-120si

Jman
11-13-2007, 09:43 AM
But, but, but, what about the 3 SBs Mr. Metro won? Oh, wait, that was Vinatieri. We saw what happened last year when they actually needed a TD to win in the AFCCG, didn't we? :coffee:

:toofunny::toofunny:

Gotta love it.

Tony- Thanks for the stats post. Good info!

klick81
11-13-2007, 10:11 AM

LOL....soo true.

Anyway, slightly off-topic question here. Keisel...i've always said it so it rhymes with Diesel, but I hear a lot of other people (including commentators) saying it more like "Kaisel". What's the correct pronunciation?

PalmerSteel
11-13-2007, 12:07 PM
dude, trust me. you need to get over yourself and your favorite qb. what are you trying to hide? a little statistical comparrison sounds fun.

Brady through 4 years-

955 completions
61.8 comp%
10233 yards
69 tds
38 ints

ben through 3 1/2 years-

804 completions
63.1 comp%
10,539 yards
74 tds
50 int

thank you tony! i thought they were pretty close even after last years horrible year! nuff said!

jack4patriots
11-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Brady through 4 years-

955 completions
61.8 comp%
10233 yards
69 tds
38 ints

ben through 3 1/2 years-

804 completions
63.1 comp%
10,539 yards
74 tds
50 int

Let's use the relevant comparison here and show Brady's first 3.5 years starting when he actually played! Are you for real? You actually think you can count his rookie year in this comparison? If you do, then you don't know football son.

Your comparison is like Brady giving Ben a one year head-start! Your methodology would be like comparing a guy who sat on the bench his first 3 years to a guy who started in his rookie year...basically, it's an idiotic comparison....NO, it actually can't even be considered a comparison!

I'm going to post the true comparison which is Brady's first 31/2 years starting with the first super bowl year which was basically half a year. Then we'll see.

fansince'76
11-14-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm going to post the true comparison which is Brady's first 31/2 years starting with the first super bowl year which was basically half a year. Then we'll see.

We'll all be waiting with baited breath. :coffee:

X-Terminator
11-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Let's use the relevant comparison here and show Brady's first 3.5 years starting when he actually played! Are you for real? You actually think you can count his rookie year in this comparison? If you do, then you don't know football son.

Your comparison is like Brady giving Ben a one year head-start! Your methodology would be like comparing a guy who sat on the bench his first 3 years to a guy who started in his rookie year...basically, it's an idiotic comparison....NO, it actually can't even be considered a comparison!

Are you daft? The comparison is between both players in their first 4 and 3 1/2 years , respectively, AS THE STARTING QB FOR THEIR TEAMS. It does not matter when either guy became the starter.

Either you're really blind, suffer from comprehension issues, or you're just another ignorant Pats homer. I vote for all of the above.

jack4patriots
11-14-2007, 10:42 AM
thank you tony! i thought they were pretty close even after last years horrible year! nuff said!

Nah...actually, not nuff said boys. Let's see if Bens stats match these at the end of this year.

Tom Brady through his first 4 years or 63 games
****3 Super Bowls****
1,243 Completions
61.6% Comp%
13,919 yards
97 TD's
52 Int's
244 yards rushing/18 fumbles lost

ben through 3 1/2 years-

804 completions
63.1 comp%
10,539 yards
74 tds
50 int

fansince'76
11-14-2007, 10:45 AM
****3 Super Bowls****

Got the asterisks right, at least. :coffee:

jack4patriots
11-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Are you daft? The comparison is between both players in their first 4 and 3 1/2 years , respectively, AS THE STARTING QB FOR THEIR TEAMS. It does not matter when either guy became the starter.

Either you're really blind, suffer from comprehension issues, or you're just another ignorant Pats homer. I vote for all of the above.

Ben has a lonnngggg way to go to match Brady's first 4 years playing.

fansince'76
11-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Ben has a lonnngggg way to go to match Brady's first 4 years playing.

:blah: :blah: :blah: Slurp, gurgle.

jack4patriots
11-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Got the asterisks right, at least. :coffee:

Those are STARS brother!! Notice how there's 4 of them?

jack4patriots
11-14-2007, 10:51 AM
:blah: :blah: :blah: Slurp, gurgle.

Nice come-back! :rolleyes:

fansince'76
11-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Nice come-back! :rolleyes:

Ditto. :yawn:

jack4patriots
11-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Ditto. :yawn:

Why don't you try commenting on the statistics I posted and Big Bens chances of matching them.

fansince'76
11-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Why don't you try commenting on the statistics I posted and Big Bens chances of matching them.

Why don't you take a hike? :coffee:

But before you go, here's a poll that's right up your alley: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21239

jack4patriots
11-14-2007, 10:58 AM
OHHHHH MY! We here in Steelers Nation are just so-very envious of you Patriots fans. Your team has what, 3 Lombardi Trophies? WOW, I'll bet that you're all feeling pretty darn proud of yourselves, aren't you? I mean after all, the Steelers have long surpassed the proud feeling of possessing 3 Lombardi trophies, we exceeded that feeling in 1980, some 27 years ago, and have since won a 5th. Now those are statistical comparisons that "You really don't want to see", TRUST ME!

We'll all welcome you back if the Patriots EVER win 5 Lombardi trophies but don't expect us to be envious of you unless your team is in possession of a 6th.

Now run along and see if you can accomplish the aforementioned tasks but in the meantime, the Steelers may just win a 6th and even a 7th Lombardi trophy thus thwarting any accomplishments that you may return with. :wave:

It won't be long before we have 5...trust me! :wave:

jack4patriots
11-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Why don't you take a hike? :coffee:

OK...just your way of saying I'm right and that Ben will not come close to matching Brady's first 4 years.

THANK YOU! :wave:

fansince'76
11-14-2007, 11:03 AM
OK...just your way of saying I'm right and that Ben will not come close to matching Brady's first 4 years.

THANK YOU! :wave:

Spin it however you want to, jagoff4thepatriots. :jerkit:

jack4patriots
11-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Spin it however you want to, jagoff4thepatriots. :

Your intellect is more impressive with every post you make. See ya in December!

fansince'76
11-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Your intellect is more impressive with every post you make. See ya in December!

I have yet to see a shred of intellect from you yet. Just the usual RW&B Kool-Aid drinking I've come to expect from you pathetic 2001 bandwagon riders. Thanks for upholding the standard! :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
11-14-2007, 11:15 AM

"son"?

im gonna cyberspank you like youre daddy shoulda done years ago. i knew the stats and comparisson would leave you in tears and writhing around on the ground like a worm searching for excuses and answers.

how convinient for patfans to throw out their cheating past, referees help, and now they wanna throw out the FACT that tom bradys 1st year in the league he was nothing more than a 6th round, 3rd string qb, who couldnt get off the bench.

1st off anything you say is moot because youre a delusional patfan. you cant erase bradys 1st years stat line off the recordbooks just because he didnt do shit his 1st year in the league. ben shattered records. yet you wanna compare tom bradys 1st 64 starts to bens less than 50? youre freaking crazy and delusional. ben hasnt even played 4 years in the league. he has missed about 9 games. its a wash and youre acting like too much of a moron to see that. i even did you a favor by not projecting this years stats (statistically bens best year) and including them.

anyone with a few brain cells who knows football and statistics better than you, can easilly see that in bens 3 1/2 years he has played in 50 games. in toms 1st four years he has played in 47.

your your damn research before you go running off at the mouth. :buttkick:

Steelman16
11-14-2007, 11:23 AM
"son"?

im gonna cyberspank you like youre daddy shoulda done years ago. i knew the stats and comparisson would leave you in tears and writhing around on the ground like a worm searching for excuses and answers.

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: That is just too funny!

tony hipchest
11-14-2007, 11:52 AM
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: That is just too funny!this tool is way too predictable. 1st he wants to compare bradys numbers in his 1st 60+ starts to bens numbers in less than 50. he knows brady needs a 10 game handicap, to maintain any sort of relevance in this conversation.

now hes gonna come back and cry because i threw up bens 50 games he has played in to this date compared to bradys 47 in his 1st 4 years.

i have planned for this. never mind ben missed the better part of 2 halves of football vs. the ravens in 04, was grounded for about a half vs the titans and texans in 05, and barely played into the 2nd half vs kc and atl last year.

to even it out, i would even let the baby have tom bradys stats from his 1st 3 playoff games (which were absolutely horrible).

and how do you make a bradyfan cry even more?

do a statistical comparisson of bradys 1st 6 playoff games compared to all of bens [6] playoff games.

brady- 6-0

1364 yds/ 6 td/ 3int

40 yds rush/ 1 td

ben- 5-1

1210 yds/10 td/ 8 int

112 yds rush/ 2 td

:toofunny: brady only threw for 3 td's in his 1st 5 playoff games. WHAT A HERO!
(ben threw all 10 in his 1st 5 playoff games).

brady fans have serious terry bradshaw and steeler dynasty envy, to the point where they willingly make themselves look rediculous and desperate for some affirmation, attention, and respect.

well, they got my attention...

...thats about it.

jack4patriots
11-14-2007, 11:52 AM
"son"?

how convinient for patfans to throw out their cheating past, referees help, and now they wanna throw out the FACT that tom bradys 1st year in the league he was nothing more than a 6th round, 3rd string qb, who couldnt get off the bench.

1st off anything you say is moot because youre a delusional patfan. you cant erase bradys 1st years stat line off the recordbooks just because he didnt do shit his 1st year in the league. ben shattered records. yet you wanna compare tom bradys 1st 64 starts to bens less than 50? youre freaking crazy and delusional. ben hasnt even played 4 years in the league. he has missed about 9 games. its a wash and youre acting like too much of a moron to see that. i even did you a favor by not projecting this years stats (statistically bens best year) and including them.

anyone with a few brain cells who knows football and statistics better than you, can easilly see that in bens 3 1/2 years he has played in 50 games. in toms 1st four years he has played in 47.

your your damn research before you go running off at the mouth. :buttkick:

No NFL expert would EVER compare Brady and Rothlisburger with your methodology. They would either compare them by first 50 games each or on a per start average basis...ok son?

So let's compare each of their first 47 starts, ok?

tony hipchest
11-14-2007, 12:00 PM
No NFL expert would EVER compare Brady and Rothlisburger with your methodology. They would either compare them by first 50 games each or on a per start average basis...ok son?

So let's compare each of their first 47 starts, ok? :dang:i already did that dumbass.

:point: thats what you cried about remember?

jack4patriots
11-14-2007, 12:14 PM
:dang:i already did that dumbass.

:point: thats what you cried about remember?

you did not compare their first 47 starts. You compared Brady's first 4 years that included his rookie season where he did not play to Ben's first 31/2 years. So explain that to me.

Here is what you posted:

Brady through 4 years-

955 completions
61.8 comp%
10233 yards
69 tds
38 ints

ben through 3 1/2 years-

804 completions
63.1 comp%
10,539 yards
74 tds
50 int

CantStop85
11-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Nah...actually, not nuff said boys. Let's see if Bens stats match these at the end of this year.

Tom Brady through his first 4 years or 63 games
****3 Super Bowls****
1,243 Completions
61.6% Comp%
13,919 yards
97 TD's
52 Int's
244 yards rushing/18 fumbles lost

ben through 3 1/2 years-

804 completions
63.1 comp%
10,539 yards
74 tds
50 int
And Carson Palmer is going to beat both of them by the end of his 4th year (minus the super bowls :wink02:)...your point?

I would say that Brady has the edge over Roethlisberger after their respective first 4 years in the league. You can't argue with 3 Super Bowl rings. Brady also has the edge in most of the statistical categories (besides completion percentage).

I would have to say that Ben was drafted into a better situation than Brady was...Brady has essentially shaped that entire franchise. I could see the Steelers winning a good amount of games without Ben (say if Batch replaced him) as they've consistently proved in the past. But, let's face it, without Brady the Pats are nothing.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Ben is doing a great job this year......

tony hipchest
11-14-2007, 12:37 PM
you did not compare their first 47 starts. You compared Brady's first 4 years that included his rookie season where he did not play to Ben's first 31/2 years. So explain that to me.

Here is what you posted:

LMAO! *sigh*

GAMES PLAYED

Brady

2000 = 1
2001 = 15
2002 = 16
2003 = 16
________
total ... 48

Ben

2004 = 14
2005 = 12
2006 = 15
2007 = 09
_________
total ... 50

see what i did there? are you so dense that you cant do the simple math and see ben has barely even played in 50 games, let alone start all of them? he is only a 3 and a half year player, not a grizzled vet like favre or manning.

3 1/2 years!

but if it makes you feel any better i will chop off bens 1st 2 appearances against baltimore and then miami (in a freaking hurricaine that wasnt too condusive for passing) and the facts are still the facts. ben will have more td's, yards, and a higher completion percentage.

or if that still makes you cry, i will give you toms 1st 2 games in his 5th year. different numbers, but same results. ben still wins and the point remains the same.

youve clearly been outmatched on this little point you tried to suggest (you didnt even try to prove it or back it up). all you said is "we dont even want to know".

looks like we know a hell of alot more than you thought.

but since you wanna compare bradys 8 years in the league to bens 3+ heres 1 for ya-

brady has lost twice as many playoff games than ben. ben lost his 1st one as a rookie, to a team who went on to win their 3rd sb in 4 years. brady lost (choked away) his last 2 (after winning 3 sb's) to a team who hadnt won a playoff game since the 90's and against a qb you were sure was the greatest playoff choker who would never win the big one.

:toofunny:

oh yeah, and bradshaw>brady

fansince'76
11-14-2007, 12:53 PM
brady has lost twice as many playoff games than ben. ben lost his 1st one as a rookie, to a team who went on to win their 3rd sb in 4 years. brady lost (choked away) his last 2 (after winning 3 sb's) to a team who hadnt won a playoff game since the 90's and against a qb you were sure was the greatest playoff choker who would never win the big one.

Funny how they haven't won jack sh*t since Vinatieri left, isn't it? :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
11-14-2007, 01:02 PM
And Carson Palmer is going to beat both of them by the end of his 4th year (minus the super bowls :wink02:)...your point?

I would say that Brady has the edge over Roethlisberger after their respective first 4 years in the league. You can't argue with 3 Super Bowl rings. Brady also has the edge in most of the statistical categories (besides completion percentage).

I would have to say that Ben was drafted into a better situation than Brady was...Brady has essentially shaped that entire franchise. I could see the Steelers winning a good amount of games without Ben (say if Batch replaced him) as they've consistently proved in the past. But, let's face it, without Brady the Pats are nothing.

:dang: follow along closely here. ben has only been in the league for 3 1/2seasons.:banging: so what respective 1st 4 years are you talking about?

its easy to argue against 3 superbowl rings considering brady only had 2 by the time his 4th year was complete. bens 4th year is not complete and you have no idea if brady even finishes this season or if ben goes on to win his 2nd superbowl in 3 years.

we dont know what the pats are without brady. all we really know is with carson the bengals are nothing.

its so funny how the other teams fans are so scared of ben becomming a top qb in the league, they have to pull out career stats of their qb (and bend and fudge them), to compare them to bens 1st 3 1/2 years in the league. and in 4-5 years when brady is calling it a flame out career, ben will be entering his prime.

BTW bens college stats blow carsons and bradys out of the water too. choke on that, suckers! :flap:

fansince'76
11-14-2007, 01:05 PM
I would have to say that Ben was drafted into a better situation....

Really? 6-10 finish the year before Ben arrived and a (AFC record) 15-1 finish his first year. Yep, it was all the personnel around Ben that accounted for that 9-game swing. Try again. :coffee:

CantStop85
11-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Really? 6-10 finish the year before Ben arrived and a (AFC record) 15-1 finish his first year. Yep, it was all the personnel around Ben that accounted for that 9-game swing. Try again. :coffee:

C'mon now...you know better than I do that the Steelers 2003 season was more of an anomaly than anything. The three seasons before that, the Steelers were 9-7, 10-5-1, and 13-3 respectively. The three seasons before Brady became the starter, New England was 9-7, 8-8, 5-11.

I'm not saying that the Steelers have carried Ben, but I am saying that Brady has had to carry his team moreso than Ben at this point in his career.

jjpro11
11-14-2007, 02:52 PM
C'mon now...you know better than I do that the Steelers 2003 season was more of an anomaly than anything. The three seasons before that, the Steelers were 9-7, 10-5-1, and 13-3 respectively. The three seasons before Brady became the starter, New England was 9-7, 8-8, 5-11.

I'm not saying that the Steelers have carried Ben, but I am saying that Brady has had to carry his team moreso than Ben at this point in his career.

well we barely squeaked by a bad raiders team in week 1 and got blown out by a mediocre ravens team in week 2 with maddox starting in 2004.. it was starting to look like 2003 all over again.. the team definitely changed when ben took over the starting job from week 3 on.

PalmerSteel
11-14-2007, 04:29 PM
C'mon now...you know better than I do that the Steelers 2003 season was more of an anomaly than anything.

so whats the bungles excuses for this year? i am sure its not palmer's fault at all is it. :flap:

and to you jack&*%, its not so much the fact that even you think brady's numbers are a little better in the first 3 1/2 years or impacted his team better blah blah blah, its the fact that you boast "my lover brady is god and dont make me show you his stats from his first 3 1/2 years or it will make you cry" crap. give me a break. they are comparable. if you wanna play this didnt play much crap, can we just take ben's stats from last year out then? he obviously wasnt right after bouncing his head off a windshield and the injuries after that. half the QB's probably wouldnt of even played half of last year. :helmet:

moedap
11-14-2007, 05:59 PM

What u fail to mention is the Patriots defensive personnel got considerably better the year Brady took over. The got Vrabel and Seymour in 2001 to go along with 2 great veterans in McGinest and Bruschi. Add Harrison in 2003. Just like us the Patriots got by on their defense. Brady didnt carry the patriots those upgrade in win stats IMO are more attributed to their defense.

steel striker
11-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Well jack running up the score and cheating is not hardly what i would be proud of. Does the name Barry Bonds mean anything to you? I would not cut Ben and steelers short beacuse, we are going to bust your bubble then what excuse will you have? Pumped in crowd noise come on! Even when you guys win you bitch about something. Well I guess after dec 9 you will have a loss to complain about as well. :tt02::tt02:

moedap
11-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Well jack running up the score and cheating is not hardly what i would be proud of. Does the name Barry Bonds mean anything to you? I would not cut Ben and steelers short beacuse, we are going to bust your bubble then what excuse will you have? Pumped in crowd noise come on! Even when you guys win you bitch about something. Well I guess after dec 9 you will have a loss to complain about as well. :tt02::tt02:

i dont agree with this argument. You dont think pitchers were using? You dont think other teams were stealing signals. They may not have taped it but maybe they had guys taking notes.

bratsinmybelly
11-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Sadly, I must say, that in my opinion, Super Bowl rings are the ultimate number by which players (and fans for that matter) are measured. we can throw out all the statistical comparisons that we want but ultimately, Super Bowls are the only thing that counts. I truly believe in my heart of hearts that when Big Ben retires he will have plenty to brag about. He has given us hope that he can go down in history as one of the greats. But the truth remains, until he out-paces Brady in the critical Statistical area (Super Bowls) we're fighting a losing battle.
This is the point of his career that Ben needs to elevate his game to an elite status that is not measured in yards...but is measured in rings. Otherwise, he's Marino re-visited. He will get plenty of opportunities including this year. We can stake our claim as legit contenders or fall to the status of also rans in the age of the Pats. We do not want to become the Oilers of our time. Who cares about the pats in the reg. season? Let them beat us........maybe it will help. The Playoffs are all that truly matters and I for one want to BELIEVE that we have a legitimate shot. Let's take a year like this one and ELEVATE to a level that gets us a ring. Let's build on that to the point that WE are the media darlings. Let's KNOW that going in and STILL get it done.

This is what the Steelers of old have done. Does this bunch have what it takes? We will certainly find out. I for one think "six" has a damn nice ring to it.

jack4patriots
11-15-2007, 03:13 AM
so whats the bungles excuses for this year? i am sure its not palmer's fault at all is it. :flap:

and to you jack&*%, its not so much the fact that even you think brady's numbers are a little better in the first 3 1/2 years or impacted his team better blah blah blah, its the fact that you boast "my lover brady is god and dont make me show you his stats from his first 3 1/2 years or it will make you cry" crap. give me a break. they are comparable. if you wanna play this didnt play much crap, can we just take ben's stats from last year out then? he obviously wasnt right after bouncing his head off a windshield and the injuries after that. half the QB's probably wouldnt of even played half of last year. :helmet:

See if Ben matches this by the end of his sixth year...and I'm only posted the meaningful records...and wait until this season is over and see how much this improves. Oh, and we'll sign Moss & Welker to another year or two as well. His career stats are gonna go off-the-charts when he retires!

Brady enters 2007 with a record of 82-26 (.759) in regular-season and playoff games. It is the best record of any NFL quarterback in the Super Bowl Era (since 1966) with at least 40 starts.

Brady enters 2007 with a 12-2 (.857) playoff record, the second best in NFL history behind Bart Starr (9-1, .900).

Brady is the only quarterback in NFL history to start and win three Super Bowls before his 28th birthday, having quarterbacked the Patriots to victories in Super Bowl XXXVI when he was 24 years old, Super Bowl XXXVIII (26) and Super Bowl XXXIX (27).

Brady is the fourth quarterback in NFL history to lead his team to three or more Super Bowl wins, joining Terry Bradshaw (4), Joe Montana (4) and Troy Aikman (3).
Brady owns two Pete Rozelle Awards as Super Bowl MVP (XXXVI and XXXVIII). He is just the fourth player in Super Bowl history to earn multiple MVP awards, joining Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw and Bart Starr, all three of whom are enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Brady enters 2007 with a 26-5 record in games where the final margin was less than a touchdown, including a 6-1 playoff record and a 3-0 Super Bowl record in such games.

Brady enters the 2007 season having started 108 consecutive regular-season and playoff games for the Patriots, good for the third-longest streak among active NFL quarterbacks (trailing only Brett Favre and Peyton Manning).

Brady enters 2007 as the NFL's all-time leader in overtime wins without a defeat, recording a perfect 7-0 mark in overtime in his career. Terry Bradshaw is the only other quarterback to be undefeated in at least five overtime games, posting a 5-0 record.

Brady enters 2007 as the winningest quarterback in Patriots history in terms of total victories (82) and winning percentage (.759).

Brady enters 2007 as the Patriots' all-time leader in career completion percentage (61.9 percent) and passer rating (88.4). He ranks second in completions (1,896), third in yards (21,564) and third in touchdowns (147).

Brady has orchestrated 24 game-winning drives to break a tie or take the lead in the fourth quarter or overtime. Six of his game-winning efforts have come in the postseason, where he has played in 14 games.

Brady has led a game-winning drive to break a tie or take the lead in the fourth quarter of each of the Patriots' three Super Bowl victories, becoming the only quarterback in NFL history to lead three such gamewinning drives in the Super Bowl.

Brady enters the 2007 season with a career record of 40-8 (.833) in games played on Thanksgiving or later in the NFL season, including a 12-2 playoff mark.

Brady enters the 2007 season with a career record of 21-2 as a starter (.913) in games played in temperatures below 40 degrees.

Brady enters the 2007 season with a career record of 23-2 as a starter (.920) in games played on artificial surfaces.

Brady recorded six passer ratings over 100.0 in 2006. He has recorded 39 ratings over 100.0 in his career, and the Patriots are 38-1 in those games.
Brady tied an NFL record in 2005 by distributing his 26 touchdown passes to 12 different players. The only other NFL player to accomplish the feat was Brad Johnson in 2003.

Brady set a career high in 2004 with a 92.6 passer rating, the second highest rating in Patriots history among players with at least 150 attempts (Tony Eason, 93.4 in 1984).

In 2004, Brady averaged 7.79 yards per pass attempt ? more than a full yard higher than his career mark of 6.62 yards per attempt heading into the 2004 season.
Brady tied his career high and ranked second in the AFC with 28 touchdown passes in 2004.

Brady owns the Super Bowl record for pass completions in a game, connecting on 32 passes in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Brady won his first 10 playoff games, setting an NFL record for the most consecutive playoff wins.

Brady was voted an offensive captain by his teammates in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.

Brady completed a streak of throwing for at least one touchdown in 15 straight games, including playoffs (12/14/03 - 11/22/04), recording the longest such streak in Patriots history.

Brady led the NFL with 28 touchdown passes in 2002 and became the first Patriot to lead the league in touchdown passes since Steve Grogan shared the lead with Cleveland's Brian Sipe (28) in 1979.

Brady set a franchise single-game record by completing 84.6 percent of his passes (22-26) at Buffalo (11/03/02, min. 20 attempts).

Brady threw at least two touchdown passes in each of the first five games of the 2002 season, the first Patriot to accomplish that feat and the first Patriot to throw for at least two touchdowns in five straight games in a single season since Butch Songin (10/23/60-11/18/60).

Brady (24 years, 184 days old) was voted MVP of Super Bowl XXXVI and was the third-youngest player to earn the honor (Marcus Allen, 23 years and 301 days at Super Bowl XVIII and Lynn Swann, 23 years, 316 days at Super Bowl X).

Brady was voted to the 2001 Pro Bowl and became just the second Patriots quarterback to receive the honor (Drew Bledsoe, 1994, 1996 and 1997). He also became just the fifth quarterback since 1970 to be voted to the Pro Bowl in his first year as a starter, joining Dan Marino (1983), Brett Favre (1992), Kurt Warner (1999) and Daunte Culpepper (2000).

Brady threw for 53 yards on the Patriots' game-winning drive in Super Bowl XXXVI, completing five of his eight passes. Two of his pass attempts were spiked to kill the game clock. With just 1:21 remaining, he moved the Patriots into field goal position without the benefit of timeouts.

Brady completed over 70 percent of his passes in four consecutive games during the 2001 season and joined an exclusive club of quarterbacks who accomplished the feat. He joined Joe Montana (8 games, 1989), Troy Aikman (4, 1995), Steve Young (4, 1993) and Sammy Baugh (4, 1945).

Brady completed the first 162 passes of his career without an interception. It was the longest streak to start a career in NFL history and ranks third for most attempts without an interception in Patriots franchise history.

Galax Steeler
11-15-2007, 04:02 AM
See if Ben matches this by the end of his sixth year...and I'm only posted the meaningful records...and wait until this season is over and see how much this improves. Oh, and we'll sign Moss & Welker to another year or two as well. His career stats are gonna go off-the-charts when he retires!

Brady enters 2007 with a record of 82-26 (.759) in regular-season and playoff games. It is the best record of any NFL quarterback in the Super Bowl Era (since 1966) with at least 40 starts.

Brady enters 2007 with a 12-2 (.857) playoff record, the second best in NFL history behind Bart Starr (9-1, .900).

Brady is the only quarterback in NFL history to start and win three Super Bowls before his 28th birthday, having quarterbacked the Patriots to victories in Super Bowl XXXVI when he was 24 years old, Super Bowl XXXVIII (26) and Super Bowl XXXIX (27).

Brady is the fourth quarterback in NFL history to lead his team to three or more Super Bowl wins, joining Terry Bradshaw (4), Joe Montana (4) and Troy Aikman (3).
Brady owns two Pete Rozelle Awards as Super Bowl MVP (XXXVI and XXXVIII). He is just the fourth player in Super Bowl history to earn multiple MVP awards, joining Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw and Bart Starr, all three of whom are enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Brady enters 2007 with a 26-5 record in games where the final margin was less than a touchdown, including a 6-1 playoff record and a 3-0 Super Bowl record in such games.

Brady enters the 2007 season having started 108 consecutive regular-season and playoff games for the Patriots, good for the third-longest streak among active NFL quarterbacks (trailing only Brett Favre and Peyton Manning).

Brady enters 2007 as the NFL's all-time leader in overtime wins without a defeat, recording a perfect 7-0 mark in overtime in his career. Terry Bradshaw is the only other quarterback to be undefeated in at least five overtime games, posting a 5-0 record.

Brady enters 2007 as the winningest quarterback in Patriots history in terms of total victories (82) and winning percentage (.759).

Brady enters 2007 as the Patriots' all-time leader in career completion percentage (61.9 percent) and passer rating (88.4). He ranks second in completions (1,896), third in yards (21,564) and third in touchdowns (147).

Brady has orchestrated 24 game-winning drives to break a tie or take the lead in the fourth quarter or overtime. Six of his game-winning efforts have come in the postseason, where he has played in 14 games.

Brady has led a game-winning drive to break a tie or take the lead in the fourth quarter of each of the Patriots' three Super Bowl victories, becoming the only quarterback in NFL history to lead three such gamewinning drives in the Super Bowl.

Brady enters the 2007 season with a career record of 40-8 (.833) in games played on Thanksgiving or later in the NFL season, including a 12-2 playoff mark.

Brady enters the 2007 season with a career record of 21-2 as a starter (.913) in games played in temperatures below 40 degrees.

Brady enters the 2007 season with a career record of 23-2 as a starter (.920) in games played on artificial surfaces.

Brady recorded six passer ratings over 100.0 in 2006. He has recorded 39 ratings over 100.0 in his career, and the Patriots are 38-1 in those games.
Brady tied an NFL record in 2005 by distributing his 26 touchdown passes to 12 different players. The only other NFL player to accomplish the feat was Brad Johnson in 2003.

Brady set a career high in 2004 with a 92.6 passer rating, the second highest rating in Patriots history among players with at least 150 attempts (Tony Eason, 93.4 in 1984).

In 2004, Brady averaged 7.79 yards per pass attempt ? more than a full yard higher than his career mark of 6.62 yards per attempt heading into the 2004 season.
Brady tied his career high and ranked second in the AFC with 28 touchdown passes in 2004.

Brady owns the Super Bowl record for pass completions in a game, connecting on 32 passes in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Brady won his first 10 playoff games, setting an NFL record for the most consecutive playoff wins.

Brady was voted an offensive captain by his teammates in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.

Brady completed a streak of throwing for at least one touchdown in 15 straight games, including playoffs (12/14/03 - 11/22/04), recording the longest such streak in Patriots history.

Brady led the NFL with 28 touchdown passes in 2002 and became the first Patriot to lead the league in touchdown passes since Steve Grogan shared the lead with Cleveland's Brian Sipe (28) in 1979.

Brady set a franchise single-game record by completing 84.6 percent of his passes (22-26) at Buffalo (11/03/02, min. 20 attempts).

Brady threw at least two touchdown passes in each of the first five games of the 2002 season, the first Patriot to accomplish that feat and the first Patriot to throw for at least two touchdowns in five straight games in a single season since Butch Songin (10/23/60-11/18/60).

Brady (24 years, 184 days old) was voted MVP of Super Bowl XXXVI and was the third-youngest player to earn the honor (Marcus Allen, 23 years and 301 days at Super Bowl XVIII and Lynn Swann, 23 years, 316 days at Super Bowl X).

Brady was voted to the 2001 Pro Bowl and became just the second Patriots quarterback to receive the honor (Drew Bledsoe, 1994, 1996 and 1997). He also became just the fifth quarterback since 1970 to be voted to the Pro Bowl in his first year as a starter, joining Dan Marino (1983), Brett Favre (1992), Kurt Warner (1999) and Daunte Culpepper (2000).

Brady threw for 53 yards on the Patriots' game-winning drive in Super Bowl XXXVI, completing five of his eight passes. Two of his pass attempts were spiked to kill the game clock. With just 1:21 remaining, he moved the Patriots into field goal position without the benefit of timeouts.

Brady completed over 70 percent of his passes in four consecutive games during the 2001 season and joined an exclusive club of quarterbacks who accomplished the feat. He joined Joe Montana (8 games, 1989), Troy Aikman (4, 1995), Steve Young (4, 1993) and Sammy Baugh (4, 1945).

Brady completed the first 162 passes of his career without an interception. It was the longest streak to start a career in NFL history and ranks third for most attempts without an interception in Patriots franchise history.

:blah::coffee::blah:

fansince'76
11-15-2007, 06:30 AM

Wow - you typed all that one-handed? :jerkit: :coffee:

jack4patriots
11-15-2007, 10:45 AM
:blah::coffee::blah:

Typical answer when you have nothing to debate.

jack4patriots
11-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Wow - you typed all that one-handed? :jerkit: :coffee:

Typical answer when you have nothing to debate :rolleyes:

fansince'76
11-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Typical answer when you have nothing to debate :rolleyes:

No, more like a typical answer for a troll I don't feel like wasting the keystrokes on. :yawn:

tony hipchest
11-15-2007, 11:02 AM
:point:Brady was voted an offensive captain by his teammates in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.

look! its the only brady record that isnt tainted or a direct result of cheating! (although i suspect there was a miscount in the votes)

who the eff cares? can somebody remove all the trash that this dude left behind?

this is how clueless patfans are (and i'll sum it up in 1 sentence)-

Coming to a steelers board to brag about tom brady and all his records is like Enron executives bragging to Warren Buffett about how much money they made.

:coffee:

jack4patriots
11-15-2007, 11:37 AM
:point:

look! its the only brady record that isnt tainted or a direct result of cheating! (although i suspect there was a miscount in the votes)

who the eff cares? can somebody remove all the trash that this dude left behind?

this is how clueless patfans are (and i'll sum it up in 1 sentence)-

Coming to a steelers board to brag about tom brady and all his records is like Enron executives bragging to Warren Buffett about how much money they made.

:coffee:

Cheating??? What TF are you talking about? That was just a rule violation which is over & done with just like when Denver & the 49er's were penalized for tampering. A MOOT point now! :coffee:

fansince'76
11-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Cheating??? What TF are you talking about? That was just a rule violation which is over & done with just like when Denver & the 49er's were penalized for tampering. A MOOT point now! :coffee:

Sorry, I agree with a legend like Don Shula's take on it much more than a bandwagon riding tool on the matter:

Shula Says Patriots Accomplishments Tainted (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Shula-quot-Spygate-diminishes-New-England-s-ac?urn=nfl,52671)

The only people who don't see the Pats organization for the tainted fraud it is are the RW&B Kool-Aid drinkers like you. Deal with it. :coffee:

PalmerSteel
11-15-2007, 07:32 PM

wow, belicheck even has his fans hypnotized now to sound just like him!

"its the past" "we are over it" "only thing i will talk about is our next game" "no comment" "whats done is done" "we have moved on"

all these comments over and over and over and over..........

Rhee Rhee
11-15-2007, 11:06 PM
once our o-line works out the kinks and we get some more consisten performances... they'll all be talking about numero uno... Big BEN!!!!!

Preacher
11-15-2007, 11:11 PM

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

You are actually starting to sound like BIll Clinton now...

"I did not have sex with that woman"

"It depends on what the definition of 'is' is."

Yeah... Breaking the rules for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage, is called CHEATING.

jack4patriots
11-16-2007, 03:37 AM
Sorry, I agree with a legend like Don Shula's take on it much more than a bandwagon riding tool on the matter:

Shula Says Patriots Accomplishments Tainted (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Shula-quot-Spygate-diminishes-New-England-s-ac?urn=nfl,52671)

The only people who don't see the Pats organization for the tainted fraud it is are the RW&B Kool-Aid drinkers like you. Deal with it. :coffee:

Listen kid, I'm no more a bandwagon fan than you are. As a matter of fact, I've been a Patriots fan longer than you've been a Steelers fan. Personally, I could care less since only a chump would think he's a better fan than someone else.

BTW, ESPN aired a poll last week that showed the entire country doesn't consider the video tape incident a big deal. The only state that felt it is a big deal was Indiana. Whatever hatred & pompous disdain you feel deep down in the pit of you belly....TOUGH SH**!!!!!

Cuz either way the Patriots are gonna keep winning...and winning! And there's not a damn thing some Steelers fan from the 70's can do about it.

Whattaya gotta say about that kid?

Why don't we make a gentelman's bet Fansince'76? If the Steeler beat the Patriots in December, I'll make a post that says, "I was wrong, the Pittsburgh Steelers are the Patriots daddy and showed the country they are the better team"

And if the Patriots win, you'll post the same to me...Deal?

I made this same bet with a chump on Indystar and he cowardly welched on me. You're more of a man than that, aren't you? If we lose, I'll have no problem posting that comment, I give you my word!

jack4patriots
11-16-2007, 03:42 AM
:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

You are actually starting to sound like BIll Clinton now...

"I did not have sex with that woman"

"It depends on what the definition of 'is' is."

Yeah... Breaking the rules for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage, is called CHEATING.

Then so was the tampering charges levied upon the Dolphins, 49er's and Bronco's. Funny how I've never heard fans up in arms over those violations.

Care to explain that for me?

GeneralRobinson
11-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Arians says Roethlisberger has been flawless
By Mike Prisuta TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, November 16, 2007

Ben Roethlisberger has earned praise for what he has been doing with his arm and his legs of late, but it's the Steelers' quarterback's decision-making that has impressed offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.

"He was excellent," Arians said of Roethlisberger in Sunday's 31-28 victory over Cleveland. "He has been for a month or so.

"I think he might have had one bad read in that whole ball game. I remember looking at it (Thursday) morning. It surprised me that he even had one."

Roethlisberger completed 23-of-34 attempts against Cleveland for 278 yards and two touchdowns, and ran for 40 yards and another score against the Browns.

He was also sacked four times and threw an interception

"He's playing at a really high level right now," Arians said. "You couldn't ask any more of his performance. And when you throw in the improvisation running and passing, he's playing lights out."

Roethlisberger finished with a passer rating of 99.9, down from the perfect rating of 158.3 he achieved on Nov. 5 against Baltimore and his first sub-100 rating in five games.

But in Arians' estimation, Roethlisberger's decision-making in terms of where he went with the football -- how quickly he got rid of it and whether or not to force the ball into coverage -- was near-flawless.

"I feel like I made more mistakes than that, more errors than that, but it's going well," Roethlisberger said. "We understand what's going on and we're all feeding off each other."

Roethlisberger has 22 touchdown passes through nine games, four more than the career-high 18 he threw in 2006.

And the offense this week achieved season-high rankings of 18th in passing and fifth in total offense.

Roethlisberger's overall passer rating of 110.2 trails only New England's Tom Brady (131.8).

"It's to the point with Bruce that you feel comfortable with him because you know you live to play another day, as in the fact you know you're going to throw again," Roethlisberger said.

"In the past, we've always joked about it as quarterbacks that if you throw a pick you're so afraid to make that mistake because you feel like you're never going to throw the ball again. And on the flip side, you want to take every home-run chance you get. You don't want to take the check-down because you're afraid you might not get to throw again.

"With Bruce you feel comfortable enough to throw to the running back knowing that it's not going to be your last throw of the day."

Roethlisberger is on pace to throw 429 passes this season, down from the 469 he attempted in 15 games in 2006.

It's what he's been doing with his chances rather than the number of them that matters to Arians.

"He's worked it all the way back to the fourth and fifth receivers and then taken off and run," Arians said. "He's felt pressure and gotten out early, made completions.

"It comes from all the way back to March. He's studying. He's on top of it. And his experience, too, having as much say as he has in picking out what he wants, what he likes, I think that all shows up on Sunday."

It showed up against the Browns, as Roethlisberger rallied the Steelers from 21-6 and 28-24 deficits.

"This past week, some people have said it may have been my best game ever," Roethlisberger said. "Statistically, probably not, but I felt like we were going to win that game. After we scored the touchdown (for a 24-21 lead) they come right back and return the kickoff (for a touchdown), and you know what? There was never a panic.

"I don't know how the rest of the guys felt, but I really felt like, 'OK, now we're going to go down and score again.' "

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_538211.html

fansince'76
11-16-2007, 07:35 AM
Listen kid, I'm no more a bandwagon fan than you are. As a matter of fact, I've been a Patriots fan longer than you've been a Steelers fan.

Yeah, I'll bet. :coffee:

X-Terminator
11-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Then so was the tampering charges levied upon the Dolphins, 49er's and Bronco's. Funny how I've never heard fans up in arms over those violations.

Yeah, there's just one small difference, that you and the rest of the "Patriot Nation" always seem to overlook: All of those teams had more class in the tips of their fingers than the Pats do right now. That is why no one was up in arms over those violations.

Nobody like cheaters, especially arrogant, condescending, jackhole cheaters like Belichick and Co. who show a blatant disregard for the rules and the integrity of the game. And I just love how you fans just follow their lead like lemmings over a cliff, without EVER criticizing what they did. Instead, you deny, excuse and deflect. The image of your team has been possibly irreparably damaged, and you and the rest of your fans don't give a shit, because you're winning. It's just sad.

HometownGal
11-16-2007, 08:21 AM

"I know you are, but what am I?" How the hell old are you? :yawn::yawn::yawn:

You sure love to LiveInThePast. :horror: Belicheat and the Pats' organization have proven themselves to be nothing more than a bunch of classless frauds.

fansince'76
11-16-2007, 08:42 AM

You sure love to LiveInThePast. :horror: Belicheat and the Pats' organization have proven themselves to be nothing more than a bunch of classless frauds.

Call him a bandwagon rider - that really makes the little twoll mad. :crying01: :toofunny:

Edman
11-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Ben is not on Brady's level. Definately not. Ben doesn't run up the score for a team who cheats.

jack4patriots
11-16-2007, 09:35 AM

My point is that since no one made a big deal out of the 49er's, Dolphins or Bronco's violations, it would be hypocritical to try to make a big deal out of the Patriots. Especially since video taping signals is not nearly as bad as tampering.

HometownGal
11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
My point is that since no one made a big deal out of the 49er's, Dolphins or Bronco's violations, it would be hypocritical to try to make a big deal out of the Patriots. Especially since video taping signals is not nearly as bad as tampering.

Obviously the NFL thought that videotaping signals is a pretty serious offense based on the fines that were levied and pulling a #1 draft pick from the Pats (which I still don't feel was harsh enough). Seriously, jack - how can you support a franchise and a coach who is so classless? Most NFL owners would have shown Belicheat the door, including the Steelers.

fansince'76
11-16-2007, 10:04 AM

http://kristinasepulveda.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/troll.jpg
The Pats are the best! Brady's the best! Everybody does it! Belichick is not a crook! I am not a bandwagoner! I've been a fan since the '60s! Blah! Blah! Blah!

jack4patriots
11-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Obviously the NFL thought that videotaping signals is a pretty serious offense based on the fines that were levied and pulling a #1 draft pick from the Pats (which I still don't feel was harsh enough). Seriously, jack - how can you support a franchise and a coach who is so classless? Most NFL owners would have shown Belicheat the door, including the Steelers.

Ok HTGal,

First of all, those teams I mentioned DID lose first round draft choices and were heavily fined as well. I'm going to post a short history of teams caught violating rules for your reference to show you how common this has been.

Let us suppose BB was let go. How long do you think it would be before several teams clammored to hire him? Remember, most fans only judge him by what they see on television without really knowing him.

If he were truly a "classless" man, he would not have praised Don Shula in spite of Shula's remarks about the Patriots. Belichick does a lot of things for the community and for those who have had a tough deal in life. It doesn't get much publicity and I believe that's the way he prefers to have it.

I know you won't like to hear this, but Bill Belichick is more loved by Patriots fans than ever since the spygate incident. We know many teams have been guilty of "cheating" in various ways but we got caught so everyone's piling on the Patriots.

Here is a short list of some other violations I could find.

Dolphins:
Tampering in order to hire Mr. Shula
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Shula

Jets:
Tampering to hire Parcells (I believe the commissioner stepped in and required the jets to provide compensation before tampering was declared)
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=980CE4D9123DF932A35751C0A9619582 60&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=print

Steelers:
Member of the medical staff purchasing $160,000 in HGH.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07060/765933-66.stm

49ers:
Salary Cap violations
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE6DC103EF933A1575BC0A9669C8B 63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=print

Broncos:
Salary cap violations.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

Dallas:
Taped opposing teams signals.
http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2500-NFL-Philadelphia_Eagles-New_England_Patriots-Did_The_Rams_Panthers_and_Eagles_Steal_Patriot_Sig nals_to_keep_their_Super_Bowl_Losses_within_three_ Points_-290907

Packers:
Paul Horning suspended for gambling.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11244760/

Lions
Alex Karras suspended for gambling.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11244760/

X-Terminator
11-16-2007, 10:10 AM

Deny, excuse, deflect.

Thanks for proving my point.

jack4patriots
11-16-2007, 10:12 AM
The Pats are the best! Brady's the best! Everybody does it! Belichick is not a crook! I am not a bandwagoner! I've been a fan since the '60s! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Hooooo Doggie fansince'76!!! You are gettn' all riled up aintcha?

Well.......GOOD!!

fansince'76
11-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Hooooo Doggie fansince'76!!! You are gettn' all riled up aintcha?

Well.......GOOD!!

Listen kid, I'm no more a bandwagon fan than you are. As a matter of fact, I've been a Patriots fan longer than you've been a Steelers fan. Personally, I could care less since only a chump would think he's a better fan than someone else.

Yeah pal, it's ME who's getting riled up. :yawn:

jack4patriots
11-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Deny, excuse, deflect.

Thanks for proving my point.

Listen X-Terminator, what would a fan like you expect of Patriots fans & our team. Do you think I should come in here feeling bad and humble? Do you think I should talk my team down? Did you expect an apology from Belichick and the Patriots to the league?

The answers to the above are;

We're damn proud of our Patriots and our players and our coach

Of course no Patriots fan should act humble because of spygate, it would be stupid and ignorant to expect us to be.

We support our team & our coach more than ever.

Why would any fan outside of New England expect an apology? You're not freakn' owed one and you never were.

So if you're expecting an apology and "humbled" fans....

YOU AINT GETTN' NEITHER!!

Yeah Baby!!!!

jack4patriots
11-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Call him a bandwagon rider - that really makes the little twoll mad. :crying01: :toofunny:

What is your answer to the wager I proposed?

X-Terminator
11-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Listen X-Terminator, what would a fan like you expect of Patriots fans & our team. Do you think I should come in here feeling bad and humble? Do you think I should talk my team down? Did you expect an apology from Belichick and the Patriots to the league?

Of course no Patriots fan should act humble because of spygate, it would be stupid and ignorant to expect us to be.

Why would any fan outside of New England expect an apology? You're not freakn' owed one and you never were.

Yeah Baby!!!!

An apology? No.

Show a little class and honesty about the situation? Sure, why not. You can support your team and franchise, and still be critical of the things they do wrong.

But I forgot that class, honesty and integrity is beneath your typical Pats fan, because to you, the end justifies the means, illegal or unethical or not.

Anyway, this will be my last post in this thread on this subject. It's been hijacked enough already.

Dino 6 Rings
11-16-2007, 10:42 AM
I have an answer for you Jackhole for Patriots

My team has 5 rings, your has 3, historically, we have more wins, more playoff wins, more hall of famers, more fans at road games, more fans at home games, the most viewed monday night games in the history of the league.

You have 3 close super bowl wins, one blow out loss and one, Parcells didn't use Martin enough, special teams loss. Your team is ok, but it is not even nearly in the same Class as the Steelers. The Pats aren't in the same class as the Cowboys, 49ers or the Packers. They are good, but they are going to get dismantled and completely obliterated when they face the Steelers. Brady is going to have his teeth smashed down his throat and Randy Moss is going to have his fingers broken trying to catch frozen passes. After that, your slow, tired old defense will be exposed and the Steelers will prove to you, and to the world, that althought the Pats are good...the Steelers are AWESOME!

So don't be humble, talk up your team, just be prepared to have your heart ripped from your chest and shown to you as its still beating.

tony hipchest
11-16-2007, 10:47 AM

Yeah Baby!!!!theres self esteem out there for everybody. maybe 1 day you will discover it. :coffee:

"We support our team & our coach more than ever." :toofunny: thats because youre winning (typical bandwaggon response)

oh, and we support our team and coach more than you, win or lose, any day of the week. :flap: explains why soft underbellied redsox fans are so jealous of steeler nation. remember, just because you try to fit a magnum condom in your wallet, doesnt mean you know how to deliver the goods.

patfans are small fry.

HometownGal
11-16-2007, 11:50 AM

What I think is that if you were so proud of your team and your coach, you'd be whoopin' it up and slobbin' each others knobs on a Pats board instead of coming here to bore us with your drivel.

As far as owing anyone an apology - YES - the Pats do owe every NFL team an apology who they stole signals from. Unfortunately, we'll never know if their actions made a difference in those games or not and who knows how long they were doing this?

jack4patriots
11-16-2007, 01:22 PM
theres self esteem out there for everybody. maybe 1 day you will discover it. :coffee:

"We support our team & our coach more than ever." :toofunny: thats because youre winning (typical bandwaggon response)

oh, and we support our team and coach more than you, win or lose, any day of the week. :flap: explains why soft underbellied redsox fans are so jealous of steeler nation. remember, just because you try to fit a magnum condom in your wallet, doesnt mean you know how to deliver the goods.

patfans are small fry.

My friend, only an idiot would say "oh, and we support our team and coach more than you, win or lose, any day of the week."

How would know that?

Just remember, the Red Sox were the FIRST professional sports team to coin the term "NATION"...that's a fact. So the Steelers fans copied them now call themselves Steeler Nation? what a joke! look up your history bud.

Steeler fans throw around the "Bandwagon" term like you invented what it means to be a loyal fan. Well, I'm sure I've been a Patriots fans longer than you've been a steelers fans (1968), but that doesn't mean squat really.

No one can tell anyone they are a "better fan than someone else" To do so would be stupid, childish and insecure.

YOU STEELER FANS NEED TO STOP TELLING EVERYONE "WE'RE THE BEST FANS"....AND GROW UP.

jack4patriots
11-16-2007, 01:28 PM
I have an answer for you Jackhole for Patriots

My team has 5 rings, your has 3, historically, we have more wins, more playoff wins, more hall of famers, more fans at road games, more fans at home games, the most viewed monday night games in the history of the league.

You have 3 close super bowl wins, one blow out loss and one, Parcells didn't use Martin enough, special teams loss. Your team is ok, but it is not even nearly in the same Class as the Steelers. The Pats aren't in the same class as the Cowboys, 49ers or the Packers. They are good, but they are going to get dismantled and completely obliterated when they face the Steelers. Brady is going to have his teeth smashed down his throat and Randy Moss is going to have his fingers broken trying to catch frozen passes. After that, your slow, tired old defense will be exposed and the Steelers will prove to you, and to the world, that althought the Pats are good...the Steelers are AWESOME!

So don't be humble, talk up your team, just be prepared to have your heart ripped from your chest and shown to you as its still beating.

OK Mr confident, if the Steelers win, I'll come on this board and tell everyone the Steelers are the Patriots daddy and are clearly the better team. If the Patriots win, you must post, "The Patriots own the Steelers and are clearly the best team in the NFL"

I challenged "fansince'76" to the same bet, but I don't think he replied.

So, you got the sack to accept my offer?

fansince'76
11-16-2007, 01:30 PM
YOU STEELER FANS NEED TO....GROW UP.

Great advice coming from a troll. If you're supposedly such a long-time fan (which I have no doubt of :rolleyes:), why are you trolling here? That's an activity for a 12-year-old, you know that? Don't like what we say about the Pats here? Then LEAVE.

jack4patriots
11-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I'll bet. :coffee:

So what about my challenge big man? You gonna accept it or back down like a coward? here it is again:

Why don't we make a gentelman's bet Fansince'76? If the Steeler beat the Patriots in December, I'll make a post that says, "I was wrong, the Pittsburgh Steelers are the Patriots daddy and showed the country they are the better team"

And if the Patriots win, you'll post "I was wron, the Patriots are our daddy and showed why the are the better team"...Deal?

ARE YOU ACCEPTING MY WAGER FANSINCE'76??

HometownGal
11-16-2007, 01:36 PM
My friend, only an idiot would say "oh, and we support our team and coach more than you, win or lose, any day of the week."

Well - the way I see it, only a bandwagon fan (oops - did I just say that?) would continue to support a franchise and a coach who blatantly, willfully and wantonly cheated to gain an advantage over other teams to win. Obviously, winning is more important to you and that poor excuse of a fan base than the lack of integrity, class and morals of Belicheat and Kraft. It is pitiful.

YOU STEELER FANS NEED TO STOP TELLING EVERYONE "WE'RE THE BEST FANS"....AND GROW UP

And you Cheatsies fans need to take your itty bitty Kool Aid stand elsewhere. No one is interested in buying it here.

http://iparentingmediaawards.com/winners/images/94-5-208_med.jpg

fansince'76
11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
So what about my challenge big man? You gonna accept it or back down like a coward? here it is again:

And if the Patriots win, you'll post "I was wron, the Patriots are our daddy and showed why the are the better team"...Deal?

ARE YOU ACCEPTING MY WAGER FANSINCE'76??

I don't bet with trolls. Further, I don't bet on Steelers games.

aries4972
11-16-2007, 01:40 PM
It won't be long before we have 5...trust me! :wave:
.... with those aging dinosaurs on that Pats D....... dont write checks those seniors can't cash

Dodt
11-16-2007, 04:13 PM
give it 2-3 years ben will be the nfl poster boy.

tony hipchest
11-16-2007, 11:49 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_538391.html

Big Ben's legend grows

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin calls Ben Roethlisberger a "sick competitor."
Roethlisberger's late-game heroics support the notion.

Elias Sports Bureau uses a statistic called "game-winning drives," and Roethlisberger has more of them (12) than any quarterback in the NFL since the beginning of the 2004 season, his rookie year.

A game-winning drive, as defined by Elias, occurs in the fourth quarter or overtime and either brings a team from behind or breaks a tie. It can be a misleading stat, because, ideally, a team won't be in that situation late in a game.

This is why you don't see Peyton Manning or Tom Brady at the top of the list. Carson Palmer, according to Elias, is second with 11 such drives since the beginning of the 2004 season. Brett Favre is third with 10.
In some games -- such as the playoff victory over the Jets three years ago -- Roethlisberger helped to put his team in the uncomfortable position of needing late fireworks to win.

But that only enhanced the drama, right?

The bottom line is winning, and only Brady among active quarterbacks has a better career winning percentage than Roethlisberger's mark of .735.

With all that in mind, let's a take a timeout, 50 games into Big Ben's career, and rank his top five late-game performances:

see link for 5 bests. great read.

for those who dont know, elias sports bureau is highly regarded. yet you never hear about the stats in bold.

however you always hear about bens win loss record when throwing over 30 passes in a game. this is an insignificant stat that you ONLY hear to measure ben and no other qb's. it is a fabricated stat invented by jealous patfans (and perpetuated by our sheeplike division rivalfans) on homer sites such as CHFF, yet people (mostly ignorant fans) eat it up.

i hope steelerfans dont get sucked in and buy it...

its pretty hilarious how the national media is making a big deal about last weeks game because ben finally led a come from behind win.

pssst. dont be suprised, but willie parker and our TE (who will never catch a pass) is pretty good too.

we miss porter.

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Well - the way I see it, only a bandwagon fan (oops - did I just say that?) would continue to support a franchise and a coach who blatantly, willfully and wantonly cheated to gain an advantage over other teams to win. Obviously, winning is more important to you and that poor excuse of a fan base than the lack of integrity, class and morals of Belicheat and Kraft. It is pitiful.

And you Cheatsies fans need to take your itty bitty Kool Aid stand elsewhere. No one is interested in buying it here.

Our feeling is "If you don't wanna buy our Kool Aid, we're gonna have to just MAKE you drink it!"

hehehe!

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't bet with trolls. Further, I don't bet on Steelers games.

That's a cowardly answer. It's not a monetary bet, it's a PRIDE bet. Whatsamatta? Your pride just too big to handle it?

"I don't bet with trolls..." blah, blah, blah....

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

fansince'76
11-17-2007, 11:12 AM
That's a cowardly answer. It's not a monetary bet, it's a PRIDE bet. Whatsamatta? Your pride just too big to handle it?

"I don't bet with trolls..." blah, blah, blah....

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:15 AM
.... with those aging dinosaurs on that Pats D....... dont write checks those seniors can't cash

We have a bunch of high draft picks coming next spring. The Patriots have a history of quality draft choices.

Don't forget, we have the 49ers 1st round pick too. Right now, that's looking like the 4th or 5th pick overall which is much, much higher than the 1st round pick we had taken away....

yuk, yuk, yuk....

HometownGal
11-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Our feeling is "If you don't wanna buy our Kool Aid, we're gonna have to just MAKE you drink it!"

hehehe!

I'd rather drink a glass of paint thinner. HEE!

If any Steelers HC ever resorted to what Belicheat did and the Rooneys didn't boot him out the door, I would never support them again and I'm putting this on the record.

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:22 AM
I'd rather drink a glass of paint thinner. HEE!

If any Steelers HC ever resorted to what Belicheat did and the Rooneys didn't boot him out the door, I would never support them again and I'm putting this on the record.

So are you telling everyone how great YOUR morals and principles are? Well, I must say, we're all very impressed!

Personally, I don't root for the coach or the owners or their perceived principles or lack there of.

I DO root for the players on the field. After all, they are the TEAM!

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:26 AM
give it 2-3 years ben will be the nfl poster boy.

I agree that Ben is the 1 of the next generation of great QB's...along with Romo & Palmer. Probably more like 3-4 years.

HometownGal
11-17-2007, 11:30 AM
So are you telling everyone how great YOUR morals and principles are? Well, I must say, we're all very impressed!

Personally, I don't root for the coach or the owners or their perceived principles or lack there of.

I DO root for the players on the field. After all, they are the TEAM!

From what you've shown thus far around here, you have no morals, as is evidenced once again by your second sentence above. TEAM character starts up at the top, but obviously you wouldn't know that being a fan of an organization who advocates cheating and running the scores up on opponents. Wow, just wow. :jawdrop:

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:31 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_538391.html

Big Ben's legend grows

see link for 5 bests. great read.

for those who dont know, elias sports bureau is highly regarded. yet you never hear about the stats in bold.

however you always hear about bens win loss record when throwing over 30 passes in a game. this is an insignificant stat that you ONLY hear to measure ben and no other qb's. it is a fabricated stat invented by jealous patfans (and perpetuated by our sheeplike division rivalfans) on homer sites such as CHFF, yet people (mostly ignorant fans) eat it up.

i hope steelerfans dont get sucked in and buy it...

its pretty hilarious how the national media is making a big deal about last weeks game because ben finally led a come from behind win.

pssst. dont be suprised, but willie parker and our TE (who will never catch a pass) is pretty good too.

we miss porter.

The truly relevant factor in # of game winning drives is # of game WD's divided by the # of opportunities. So if Ben was successful in 90% of his opportunities vs. Brady/Manning's 84%, then he would be leading the league. However, if his success ratio is lower, then he is not truly leading the league.

Keep in mind the Steelers have been behind in the 4th quarter more often than the Patriots & Colts since 2004.

fansince'76
11-17-2007, 11:33 AM
From what you've shown thus far around here, you have no morals, as is evidenced once again by your second sentence above. TEAM character starts up at the top, but obviously you wouldn't know that being a fan of an organization who advocates cheating and running the scores up on opponents. Wow, just wow. :jawdrop:

You're wasting your breath - trying to talk about morals with a Pats bandwagon rider is like trying to teach a pig how to ballet dance.

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:37 AM

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "RUNNING UP THE SCORE"

If you look at the Colts scores in 2004, they won by higher margins than the Patriots. So why weren't you UP IN ARMS THEN BRO?

Here are some of the Colts scores from that year:

vs Minnesota Vikings W 31-28
vs Houston Texans W 49-14
at Chicago Bears W 41-10
at Detroit Lions W 41-9
vs Tennessee Titans W 51-24
at Houston Texans W 23-14
vs Baltimore Ravens W 20-10
vs San Diego Chargers W 34-31
at Denver Broncos L 14-33 (wk 17)
vs Denver Broncos W 49-24

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:38 AM
You're wasting your breath - trying to talk about morals with a Pats bandwagon rider is like trying to teach a pig how to ballet dance.

The COWARD speaks!

fansince'76
11-17-2007, 11:39 AM
The COWARD speaks!

IwantBigBenskids
11-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Im just going to say one sentence

James Harrison will break brady's arm.

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:42 AM

You're gonna have to learn to open wider than that. I suggest you practice before your team come to the the Razor!

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:44 AM
I'd like to invite y'all to come visit us on Patsfans.com for some healthy debate. It'd be good for you guys to get out of your little house over here.

If you do, my screen name over there is PatriotsReign

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Im just going to say one sentence

James Harrison will break brady's arm.

oh really?? Hmmm...

BBBWWWaaaaahhaaaahhhhaaaaa!!!!

BTW....who the hell is James Harrison?

The Steeler and your fans have been all talk every year we play. So many times you guys have told me how TOUGH your defense is and then our defense has shut you down cold.

I still have a couple of terrible towels soaked with the tears of Kordell Stewart and Jerome Bettis

IwantBigBenskids
11-17-2007, 11:50 AM
ummmm jack4patriots, if you dont know who james harrison is then go look at the ravens game buddy and get a clue, Your precious little Tom Brady with his precious little hair. He hasn't seen a blitz scheme as intense or even near as intense as the steelers yet, Come back to reality, Patriots are not gods, they have amazing wide recievers, they havent seen any good hitting yet.

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:52 AM
ummmm jack4patriots, if you dont know who james harrison is then go look at the ravens game buddy and get a clue, Your precious little Tom Brady with his precious little hair. He hasn't seen a blitz scheme as intense or even near as intense as the steelers yet, Come back to reality, Patriots are not gods, they have amazing wide recievers, they havent seen any good hitting yet.

Oh ok...THE IRON CURTIN...REDUX??

IwantBigBenskids
11-17-2007, 11:53 AM
you are pathetic

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 11:56 AM
you are pathetic

Actually, I'm very well liked by 99% of the people I've met...

Although, probably about 1% of the people I've met are idiots! :rolleyes:

fansince'76
11-17-2007, 12:00 PM
you are pathetic

Actually, I'm very well liked by 99% of the people I've met...

Although, probably about 1% of the people I've met are idiots! :rolleyes:

Must suck when a newbie that just joined within the last hour has you pegged, huh? :coffee:

IwantBigBenskids
11-17-2007, 12:01 PM
If you honestly don't know who James Harrison is you seriously shouldnt be posting here honestly.

tony hipchest
11-17-2007, 12:02 PM
I'd like to invite y'all to come visit us on Patsfans.com for some healthy debate. It'd be good for you guys to get out of your little house over here.

If you do, my screen name over there is PatriotsReignim sure its quite the cyber- circle jerk over there. but see, we are the masters and the dogs come running to our house when we whistle, not vice versa. (hence you are here).

we'll feed the strays, pat em on the head, maybe give them a scoobie snack, and then kick em in the ribs when its time to run along.

:wave:

jack4patriots
11-17-2007, 12:31 PM
If you honestly don't know who James Harrison is you seriously shouldnt be posting here honestly.

Shut up kid! You have no idea what I do or don't know and chances are, I've forgotten far more than you'll ever know!

Got your homework done yet?

fansince'76
11-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Shut up kid! You have no idea what I do or don't know and chances are, I've forgotten far more than you'll ever know!

Got your homework done yet?

Fun's over, troll. :wave:

tony hipchest
11-17-2007, 12:52 PM
The truly relevant factor in # of game winning drives is # of game WD's divided by the # of opportunities. So if Ben was successful in 90% of his opportunities vs. Brady/Manning's 84%, then he would be leading the league. However, if his success ratio is lower, then he is not truly leading the league.

Keep in mind the Steelers have been behind in the 4th quarter more often than the Patriots & Colts since 2004.it must suck to be constantly wrong AND banned. i suggest you look up elias sports bureau before you spew invented patriot stats on your next stop (probably a jets board begging them to beat the steelers).

:tt02:

HometownGal
11-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Fun's over, troll. :wave:

Awwww geez, Gary - you didn't even let me give Jack-off a proper farewell. :wink02::flap:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-17-2007, 03:58 PM
I just can't believe he thinks the Steelers have been behind so much since 2004....lol

tony hipchest
11-18-2007, 01:58 PM
ben has thrown a td in 14 consecutive games, which is the longest active streak in the nfl.

yes, more than peyton, tom, or carson.