PDA

View Full Version : C'mon - Time to Fess Up Here

HometownGal
11-12-2007, 05:34 PM
How many of you can admit freely that you gave up on the Steelers winning yesterday before or at the half?

XT can tell you - I knew in my heart they were going to come back and win and I was adamant about it. I'm the eternal optimist, but somehow I knew Tomlin wouldn't panic and calmly get his guys motivated and pumped for the second half and they sure didn't disappoint me! I've been so proud of this team thus far this season, but after yesterday's game, I'm even prouder of what they accomplished and how they went about coming from behind and taking the game away from the Brownies! :tt02::tt02:

I never give up on the Black 'N Gold! :thumbsup:

ShutDown24
11-12-2007, 05:38 PM
I am proud to say I cannot! My dad did and kept telling me we were going to lose and I kept denying it. I just knew we were going to win somehow!

Steelman16
11-12-2007, 05:39 PM
I can honestly say I had faith in the team, though not Big Ben in paticular. I'm a huge fan of halftime adjustments, and was confident that Tomlin would correct some things.

I was disappointed each time the Browns scored, but I knew in my heart the Steelers would win. Why? Because, (believe it or not) when I was on my way to church that morning the big van in front of us had a huge round Steelers logo on the back. (I should explain here, that I live in South Texas, so the very mention of Steelers football will get you mobbed. Who knows what'd it be like in Dallas) So I took it to be a good omen.

Ok, I sound like a mystic, but really, I'm a good ol' baptist. :)

Kittyfish
11-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, I'll admit I had my doubts. I seemed to think that my watching was jinxing them, so I expended my nervous energy to cleaning the house, paying the merest attention to what was going on. When the Steelers picked up in the second half, I figured it was helping, so I continued cleaning without paying much attention, even when we started to do better. I did pick up my head for the final field goal attempt and was sure I had ruined everything. Whew! So now I have a clean(er) house and was able to watch the game today on DVR with no worries. Knowing the outcome in advance does cut down on the heart attacks. I must admit I prefer the blowout games :-D

Preacher
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
At halftime, I had no problem thinking we would come back and win, seeing that we almost did it against Denver.

However, watching our special teams in teh second half, I thought we would give the game up.

revefsreleets
11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
I was definitely believing we would come back. It was almost a playoff-like atmosphere, and there was no way the Steelers were going to let the Browns take that game.

MACH1
11-12-2007, 05:48 PM
No give up here. Things were looking pretty bleak in the first half but they weren't really that far out of it with the whole second half to play.

tony hipchest
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
i was sweating it and knew things werent looking good, but the clock and our small deficit (2 td's) said there was plenty of time. i was more rooting for the crowd to get back into the game cause i know how much the team draws on their fans.

i will admit when the colts were down 23 to the chargers i had no doubt they could make it a game. i think the steelers are getting close to that level where you dont really sweat it no matter how many points they are down or how many int's the qb has thrown.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-12-2007, 05:52 PM
I thought we would come back and win the game, but I had my fears due to the poor special teams play.

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2007, 05:58 PM
As I posted here after the Lewis fumble midway through the 3rd quarter, I was planning to give up and get drunk if they would not have scored after that turnover.

After Maddox brought the Steelers back from 24-7 in the playoffs against Cleveland, I certainly did not think it was unrealistic for that terrible Browns defense to cough up the halftime lead on the road.

iloveben7
11-12-2007, 06:06 PM
I never have given up on the Steelers and I never will. I knew they would come back yesterday and I had a feeling Ben would have something to do with it.

To be honest, in the Baltimore game last season when the Steelers got shut-out, I still had faith in the team and never gave up on them. My dad wanted to turn the game off, but I wouldn't let him.

SteelersHoss
11-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I actually, said to my wife. " You know, they're still going to win" too bad they didn;t cover. Ouch, what a bad week.

stillers4me
11-12-2007, 06:19 PM
I plead the fifth.

And that's after I drank one............

:sofunny:

PalmerSteel
11-12-2007, 06:22 PM
obviously had doubts but still had great confidence because i knew the only difference for 12 more points was about 20 yards - 3 red zones 3 FG's compared to their TD's and short field. and plus it was the browns. i knew they would be jacked up in the 2nd half! this team has some unbelievable resilience, like cowher would put it! :banana:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=21227

steelpride12
11-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Honestly i knew we would come back and that Tomlin would give a uprising speech at half time to bring everyone's spirits up!

I was at the game and kept telling my buddy were gonna come back were gonna comeback and had that gut feeling that Ben would find a way deep down to lead this team to victory!

Davison_K
11-12-2007, 06:26 PM
I didn't get to watch any of the game... I did turn it on and listen to it in the second half on the radio though.

jdsdaguy
11-12-2007, 06:32 PM
well, i'll confess to this. i thought the steelers were playing tired after kickin the crap out of the ratbirds. i didn't see anything that would convince me that the browns offense could actually take it to our defense. all i seen was a couple of bad special team's plays on behalf of the Steelers and then the browns got lucky and scored but i knew that at half time the Steelers would come back out motivated and kick some butt and they did. I was kinda concerned we dug a deeper hole than we should have, but we proved elite teams such as the Steelers can overcome those kind of point deficites. there was times that i was concerned, but yesterday is why i'm a Steelers fan.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-12-2007, 06:33 PM
I didn't give up at all...I was screaming at the TV during the whole first half but I still knew the Steelers were going to win that game...That game reminded me of the Browns game in Cleveland last year were the Browns led 20-3 at one time in that game also and Cribbs had a huge game in that one as well.....

In Ben We Trust....lol

AFC
11-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Honestly? At half-time, I definitely thought we were going to lose--big time.

Obviously, I was wrong--big time. That'll teach me for doubting the love of my life!

Crushzilla
11-12-2007, 06:43 PM
They weren't really playing THAT bad, in the first half.

The only time I saw anything from the Cleveland Offense that concerned me was the first drive. There was a reason everyone knew we would win and if we would just cut the mistakes, we'd come back.

Our defense was playing great and it was only a matter of time before our offense took the 32nd ranked defense down...

PisnNapalm
11-12-2007, 06:45 PM
NO! I did not give up. It was the freakin Browns for crying out loud. I paced the office and watched the play by play online at the NFL website. I did not give up yesterday.

fansince'76
11-12-2007, 06:47 PM
How many of you can admit freely that you gave up on the Steelers winning yesterday before or at the half?

Give up at the half with only a 12-point deficit? No way:

Still a half to go.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=320081#post320081

GutterflowerSteel
11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
I just had a gut feeling that we'd pull it off, even when we were down by 15 - there was plenty of time on the clock - and when Ben made that SPECTACULAR 30 yd TD run - I knew we'd win. :tt02:

Edman
11-12-2007, 06:52 PM
I won't lie. I was a negative nancy. Look over my posts on yesterday's game.

But still, this game was looking like "one of those games" where the Steelers would lose to inferior competition. They were completely flat. Which is inexcusable. The Browns are a middle tier team that got fat on cupcakes.

The Steelers dominated the total yards stat by a ratio of 3 to 1. Besides Cribbs and that opening dink-and-dunk drive, the Browns did nothing special on their own without the Steelers screwing up.

Borski
11-12-2007, 06:54 PM

XT can tell you - I knew in my heart they were going to come back and win and I was adamant about it. I'm the eternal optimist, but somehow I knew Tomlin wouldn't panic and calmly get his guys motivated and pumped for the second half and they sure didn't disappoint me! I've been so proud of this team thus far this season, but after yesterday's game, I'm even prouder of what they accomplished and how they went about coming from behind and taking the game away from the Brownies! :tt02::tt02:

I never give up on the Black 'N Gold! :thumbsup:

Although I'll admit that I was worried (and honestly who wasnt?) I never gave up on them ! there the Steelers, you can never give up, fight till the end and when the end is here, fight some more! We made it through a tough game, not one I expected to be tough but we show resilance. GO B&G:helmet:

steelers dynasty
11-12-2007, 07:15 PM
I knew the whole time that the steelers would pull through. I had confidence in our defense and in Ben Roethlisberger. although i thought that Santonio Holmes would contribute a bit more to the game.

touchdownward
11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
I can honestly say I, at NO point, thought we would lose that game, even after Cribbs takin' it to the crib on us.

Edman, you definitely weren't the only negative one on the game thread yesterday, it was loaded with it. Way to man up dude! :cheers:

touchdownward
11-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I knew the whole time that the steelers would pull through. I had confidence in our defense and in Ben Roethlisberger. although i thought that Santonio Holmes would contribute a bit more to the game.
Holmes will be back full force next Sunday, he was nursing a hamstring this week.
:tt02:

chenzzo
11-12-2007, 07:44 PM
I can admit it. I was in a little joint down here in Florida called Ray's Steel City Saloon, surrounded by unhappy Steeler fans and I made the call to take the family home shortly after halftime. The 4 month old was hungry, the 3 year old was sleepy and I was just in a foul mood when the game started up again and that darned malfunctioning scoreboard still showed the impossible 21-9.

I get everybody rounded up and we start heading to the door as the boys are driving downfield for that first touchdown, and I can feel some Steeler momentum building, but by this time I've got coats and kids and diaper bags all over me and it's too late to turn back. Of course, moments later as I'm getting in the car across the street, I hear a roar go up from the restaurant and I know the boys have scored one.

I had to "watch" the rest of the game on ESPN's gamecast, while attempting to find a radio station broadcasting the game online. I did get to watch the last minute or so of the game after CBS cut away after the Jax game to the last minute of the Miami game, then finally to the Steeler game. Good thing college doesnt' play on Sunday or they probably would've cut to that instead.

I should've known better than to give up on the guys, but I did, and I admit it. Flog away.

Preacher
11-12-2007, 07:46 PM
I can admit it. I was in a little joint down here in Florida called Ray's Steel City Saloon, surrounded by unhappy Steeler fans and I made the call to take the family home shortly after halftime. The 4 month old was hungry, the 3 year old was sleepy and I was just in a foul mood when the game started up again and that darned malfunctioning scoreboard still showed the impossible 21-9.

I get everybody rounded and we start heading to the door as the boys are driving downfield for that first touchdown, and I can feel some Steeler momentum building, but by this time I've got coats and kids and diaper bags all over me and it's too late to turn back. Of course, moments later as I'm getting in the car across the street, I hear a roar go up from the restaurant and I know the boyus have scored one.

I had to "watch" the rest of the game on ESPN's gamecast, while attempting to find a radio station broadcasting the game online. I did get to watch the last minute or so of the game after CBS cut away after the Jax game to the last minute of the Miami game, then finally to the Steeler game. Good thing college doesnt' play on Saturday or they probably would've cut to that instead.

I should've known better than to give up on the guys, but I did, and I admit it. Flog away.

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

That is a great story!!

BlastFurnace
11-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I'll be completely honest....I thought it was time to think about the Jets. I thought we would score in the 2nd half, but I thought the Browns would score as well and we would not catch them.

I had it chalked up as a "L"

I know I can't be the only one.

jjpro11
11-12-2007, 08:15 PM
i had faith becuase we were still able to move down the field and score 3 times in the first half.. we have been very good in the red zone lately, so it was only a matter of time before we started punching it in for 6.

bozz723
11-12-2007, 08:17 PM
I didn't just know we were going to win. I knew for a fact we were going to win.

Stlrs4Life
11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
At halftime, I had no problem thinking we would come back and win, seeing that we almost did it against Denver.

However, watching our special teams in teh second half, I thought we would give the game up.

Same here. After the int, I started to have thoughts. But at half time, I believe we all knew the Steelers would rebound.

steel striker
11-12-2007, 09:04 PM
I know with Ben we always have a chance and, I thought we would make some adjustments on the defense. I was over my father inlaw's who has the nfl ticket and he said to me you never lose faith in your steeelers do you? I said no way I always think we have a chance with our play makers. I saw something in the Denver game about Ben he always believes he can bring us back. He did bring us back in Denver and if we would have got the ball again Ben would have drove us down for the winning score. I always will have faith in the steelers.

Rhee Rhee
11-12-2007, 11:16 PM
idk against the broncos i somehow knew it was over and cards too but browns idk this time was just different...

MJ5150
11-12-2007, 11:17 PM

Not me. The game was not on up here where I live, so I left the house to take care of other matters. I was getting updates on Fox Sports radio. I started getitng text messages from my Seahawk loving friends about how horrible we were playing.

The last text message I sent to one of them was "It's OK, We'll win. No Problem". Shortly after we won, he sent me a reply...."You were right". That is how I found out we won!!

-Mike

bratsinmybelly
11-13-2007, 12:34 AM
I won't lie. I was a negative nancy. Look over my posts on yesterday's game.

But still, this game was looking like "one of those games" where the Steelers would lose to inferior competition. They were completely flat. Which is inexcusable. The Browns are a middle tier team that got fat on cupcakes.

The Steelers dominated the total yards stat by a ratio of 3 to 1. Besides Cribbs and that opening dink-and-dunk drive, the Browns did nothing special on their own without the Steelers screwing up.

I too got the feeling that it was "one of those games". the kind that no matter what you do, something seems to go wrong at the absolute worst time. You can't watch and you can't look away. To come back from a decent deficit and lead for the first time only to watch the Doo-Doos run the kickoff back was almost all I could digest. I got the feeling against Denver too. The football gods just didn't seem to be with us this day. Ben really has improved to the point that you have to believe in his ability. Even when he throws a pick deep in Steeler territory that sets them up for a big lead. He is beginning to consistently show that he has the ability to overcome adversity. I really think that this is the most important trait you can posses as a QB. Adversity is omni-present. In life as well as football. The fact that this team was able to overcome hiccup after hiccup after hiccup to once again stick it to the Browns, shows me beyond the shadow of a doubt, that this '07 team has what it takes to compete at a very high level.
To the poster that asked way back in week four "peaking too early"? I say nope...........not yet.

bozz723
11-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Also, I want to reiterate..

When we were down 15 points the only thing I was worried about was if we were going to cover the spread or not. It was a 100% fact we were winning that. The Browns offense is terrible and their defense is terrible. We had that game even down 15.

Too bad they didn't cover the spread..

I was honestly thinking maybe the Steelers bet the Browns haha..jk

Galax Steeler
11-13-2007, 03:40 AM
I started having a few doughts when ben threw the int and special teams let us down but the way we came out playing in the second half I knew we had a good chance to win.

ohiosteelerfan20
11-13-2007, 04:16 AM
When we were down 15 I thought, man I wish Kordel was in there at QB. Then we could come back.:rofl:. No but seriously, I thought our chances were slim just because the Browns were playing so well in the first half. But then reality checked in. The D ajustments at the half were incredible. Dick Lebeau :jammin: rules. And Ben is an elite QB. He did what elite QBs do, brought his team back.:tt02:

X-Terminator
11-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Well, I'll admit that I gave up, and I am ready to eat my crow. They looked very flat and tired in the first half, and when they got down by 15, I didn't think they'd have a chance to come back. It looked so much like last season and the Cards game, that I figured the Steelers would keep screwing up and the Browns would hold on for the win. Plus, the Steelers have a history of playing down to the level of inferior competition, and pissing away games they should win. I'm definitely happy that I was wrong. :cheers:

I'm sure HTG is going to make sure to remind me of this all week :wink02::flap:

Lord Stiller
11-13-2007, 07:36 AM
Not me

I actually was confident we would win the whole game, no lie. It's the friggin Brownies c'mon

And I am usually not like that. I was pretty sure we would lose to Arizona well before halftime of that game

GeneralRobinson
11-13-2007, 08:22 AM
I didn't start to doubt until after Pittsburgh punted for the second time in the 3rd quarter. However, Silverback restored my faith with the quickness!

Jman
11-13-2007, 08:24 AM
I had my faith that we could absolutely come back. I was hoping Arians & Ben would open it up and they did.

Great game!

Mosca
11-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Absolutely not. I was 100% certain that they were going to shell the Browns in the second half. My only surprise is that we didn't score more. I was looking for a final of maybe 45-21. The kickoff return screwed that up, but you can't anticipate something like that.

My thought was that Ben would start connecting right after halftime, that the D would get a couple turnovers, and it would be bye bye Brownies.

Counselor
11-13-2007, 09:46 AM
I won't say I wasn't worried, but I really had faith in Tomlin's "halftime adjustments"---Actually making halftime adjustment is kinda new around here, so I don't blame anyone who gave up.

I really felt like would have won against the Broncos with a few more minutes on the clock. This felt like a similar game, and I truly believed the team learned something against Denver----and would put it to use. They did---and Ben was simply awesome.

TackleMeBen
11-13-2007, 10:15 AM
i will admit i was worried. i was sending texts to my sister saying man we suck today and i dont think we are going to win. good thing for us there is a second half. (waiting on my butt kicking from HTG, for not believing)..lol

filthyfan
11-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Was at the game Sunday...what I saw was a QB in Berger that is ready to put the game on his back and get the win when it is needed. That was huge. We've seen that leadership before....pre-accident etc. He is back and ready to lead again.
If i'm a member of that kick-off team I am NOT looking forward to this weeks practices.....wheres the Gatorade and the hot tub??!!

SteelDogFan
11-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Actually I had to listen to the game via net-radio and my statement at half time was "The Steelers are going to come back and win this game", and I truly thought they would.

I believe its because I could only hear the game and could not SEE how bad they were playing.

crcsnail
11-13-2007, 01:06 PM
i thought we would win somehow? but at halftime i changed into my lucky steelers t shirt i wore every game to the supebowl ,just in case ;)

steelersfanmx
11-13-2007, 02:27 PM
I felt a little worry but I never loose the faith... (you can ask my wife)
I was sure Lebau and Tomlin will make adjustments...
but as preacher said... after that punt return in the second half... I tough OMG!!...
But then I though... those are the BROWNS!!!!!
they always find ways to screw it up... LOL.

jjpro11
11-13-2007, 02:53 PM
i think the point of the game where i most felt we would lose was on the cribbs 100 yard td. 9 times out of 10 that kind of play wins the game and sucks the life out of the opposing team.