PDA

View Full Version : The Undisputed #1 Defense in the NFL

jjpro11
11-12-2007, 05:41 PM
we now own the #1 spot in all 4 major defensive categories. yards per game, points per game, rushing yards per game, and passing yards per game. pretty cool.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

The Duke
11-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Everything looks so black and gold. I love it! the real test for the D will come against the pats, so we'll see what happens

Preacher
11-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Wow... that is impressive.

PisnNapalm
11-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Niiiiiice.http://www.pisnnapalm.com/smilies_files/thumbsup.gif

Steelman16
11-12-2007, 06:04 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-12-2007, 06:07 PM
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Preacher
11-12-2007, 06:09 PM
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Oh how I wish that were true...

We would have another 5 rings....

BUt I know what you mean... Defense puts you in the position to win championships!

stillers4me
11-12-2007, 06:20 PM
we now own the #1 spot in all 4 major defensive categories. yards per game, points per game, rushing yards per game, and passing yards per game. pretty cool.

Life is good.
Again.

steelpride12
11-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Thats the defense we all knew and loved from the 70's and im sure all the vet. are proud of this team for keeping the steel curtain alive and strong!

Steelerstrength
11-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Thats the defense we all knew and loved from the 70's and im sure all the vet. are proud of this team for keeping the steel curtain alive and strong!

It's all about the D! Our adjustments, and consequential "shut down" of our opponents O, have been incredible!

Wasn't it a Shit-stain fan who thought he had some credibility while talking smack about our D?!

#1 :helmet::cheers:

AFC
11-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Beautiful! :tt02:

steelers dynasty
11-12-2007, 07:09 PM
thats awesome, i just hope we keep it up against the pats.

fansince'76
11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
"The Undisputed #1 Defense in the NFL"

Has a nice ring to it, I must admit.

GBMelBlount
11-12-2007, 09:06 PM
"The Undisputed #1 Defense in the NFL"

Has a nice ring to it, I must admit.

Yep, Offense Ain't bad either. :cheers:

The Duke
11-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Yep, Offense Ain't bad either. :cheers:

if only the special teams could help a little bit :dang:

tony hipchest
11-12-2007, 09:32 PM
and to add some offensive numbers to the mix-

#2 in passing td's
#2 in passer rating
#1 in time of possession
#2 in rushing
#2 rusher
#1 td pass catching te
#1 te unit in the league producing td's
#1 in 3rd down % made
#2 in fumbles lost

Preacher
11-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Really is a shame that we don't have a decent running back or Quarterback. Imagine what we could do if we did!

Borski
11-12-2007, 09:36 PM
and to add some offensive numbers to the mix-

#2 in passing td's
#2 in passer rating
#1 in time of possession
#2 in rushing
#2 rusher
#1 td pass catching te
#1 te unit in the league producing td's
#1 in 3rd down % made
#2 in fumbles lost

Wow, now that combined with our #1 D is extremely impressive.
too bad our Special Teams is probably so bad its unranked:banging:

MasterOfPuppets
11-12-2007, 09:37 PM
wouldn't we be # 3 in pass td's ?

brady 33
romo 23
ben 22

GBMelBlount
11-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Really is a shame that we don't have a decent running back or Quarterback. Imagine what we could do if we did!

LOL. :thumbsup:

fansince'76
11-12-2007, 09:41 PM
if only the special teams could help a little bit :dang:

That's Willie's fault! :toofunny:

tony hipchest
11-12-2007, 09:47 PM
wouldn't we be # 3 in pass td's ?

brady 33
romo 23
ben 22only if you use that crazy cowboy lovin math :dang:

Preacher
11-12-2007, 09:50 PM
only if you use that crazy cowboy lovin math :dang:

See.. that's willie's fault he didn't complete that pass yesterday. ALL HIS FAULT

jjpro11
11-12-2007, 10:22 PM
still tied for 6th in sacks despite using 2 completely different defensive schemes throughout the year. also..

least amount of tackles in the league.
2nd most forced fumbles.
tied 2nd most fumbles recovered.
tied for least total touchdowns allowed.
tied for least total rushing touchdowns allowed.
least amount of plays faced from scrimmage.
lest time of possession faced.
least amount of yards per play allowed.
3rd least penalized team on defense.
lowest pass percentage allowed.
tied for least average passing yards per play.
only team not to have given up a 40+ yard pass play all year.
least amount of rushing attempts faced.

you could spend all day on that nfl.com stats page lol.

The Duke
11-12-2007, 10:33 PM
That's Willie's fault! :toofunny:

that little bastard :toofunny:

btw, I haven't seen providence steel in some time, what could he be up to....

Rhee Rhee
11-12-2007, 11:23 PM
dude we play really anemic offenses the rest of the way (besides new england) we could set records!!

Galax Steeler
11-13-2007, 03:43 AM
Congratilations D continue the good work.:cheers:

klick81
11-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Wow, that looks beautiful. But the real test is EVERY Sunday!!!

steelersfanmx
11-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Thats amazing, I knew Steelers were Number 1 defense,
but I dind't know that statistics, really impresive...:tt02:

Props to Dick Lebau and Tomlin

Can we call now this D Steel Curtain?
or it deserves its own name? Like Blitzburgh in the 90's...
I know we are in the middle of the season and there's more games to play
but looking at the schedulle... those are possibles wins, except for the Pats game
wich as we know will be the test of fire for this team...

What do you think guys?

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2007, 04:28 PM
I call this defense.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Defense.

It doesn't need a catchy name. Just say that out loud. "The Pittsburgh Steelers Defense" That alone says it all to Anyone who knows a damnn thing about Football.

Watch, I'm turning to a guy in my office right now, "Hey dude...The Pittsburgh Steelers Defense."....yep...just as I thought...he just pissed himself...

Its that Powerful.

tony hipchest
11-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Watch, I'm turning to a guy in my office right now, "Hey dude...The Pittsburgh Steelers Defense."....yep...just as I thought...he just pissed himself...

Its that Powerful.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

steelersfanmx
11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
I call this defense.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Defense.

It doesn't need a catchy name. Just say that out loud. "The Pittsburgh Steelers Defense" That alone says it all to Anyone who knows a damnn thing about Football.

Its that Powerful.

Amen to that!:thumbsup:

Steelman16
11-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Though a snazzy new nickname would be cool indeed, I must agree. Its simply the Pittsburgh Steelers Defense. We let our play and stats speak for themselves.

:cheers:

NateC
11-13-2007, 08:52 PM
I agree....

It means nothing to me seeing as i go game by game... But them being 1 in catagories is something they can hang there Hat on and say look... What we are dooing is working... Lets keep getting better now..

verks36
11-13-2007, 09:57 PM
That is tight and you know what they say defense win champion ships

http://www.rivercityshirts.com/catalog/erdwc_thumb.jpg

Preacher
11-14-2007, 03:20 AM
that little bastard :toofunny:

btw, I haven't seen providence steel in some time, what could he be up to....

Well you know...

If you just say his name 5 times while looking at a picture of Jerome Bettis.....

Tankus_Maximus
11-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Impressive stats D, great job!

Hate to be the "negative nancy" here, but when was the last time our D got a sack? It's been some time, if I'm not wrong..but we're really not getting enough pressure to the opposing QB at times.

tony hipchest
11-14-2007, 08:39 AM

Hate to be the "negative nancy" here, but when was the last time our D got a sack? It's been some time, if I'm not wrong..but we're really not getting enough pressure to the opposing QB at times.
james harrison had 3 1/2 of steve mcnair :wink02:

X-Terminator
11-14-2007, 08:44 AM

Why does it matter if they're not getting sacks, as long as they're getting the job done? That's all I care about - taking care of business by any means necessary.

Tankus_Maximus
11-14-2007, 09:17 AM
james harrison had 3 1/2 of steve mcnair :wink02:

Yeah, but it was Steve McNair....so that only counts as 1 1/2! lol

Ok, with the MNF game outta the equation....anything else?

Tankus_Maximus
11-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Why does it matter if they're not getting sacks, as long as they're getting the job done? That's all I care about - taking care of business by any means necessary.

Because a great pocket passer (see Brady, Manning) will be able to pick apart our porous secondary.

Remember, the key to victory in the Indy game a couple years back, was the constant pressure/pounding our D put on Timmy...err Manning.

With all that said, I've really been impressed with Keisel....great play so far.

jjpro11
11-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Because a great pocket passer (see Brady, Manning) will be able to pick apart our porous secondary.

Remember, the key to victory in the Indy game a couple years back, was the constant pressure/pounding our D put on Timmy...err Manning.

With all that said, I've really been impressed with Keisel....great play so far.

im sure we would gameplan differently for them if lebeau thinks pressure is more important than coverage vs those 2. we havent really been sending in big blitzes lately either. it seems like when we want to get pressure, we usually do.. when we want to cover, we usually do.

Dino 6 Rings
11-14-2007, 10:05 AM
We will get sacks against the Jets. I'm confident of that.

Plus maybe we'll see a defensive touchdown this weekend. Even without Chad P in the game...it'll be tough for that young qb to play against our aggressive defense.

Tankus_Maximus
11-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Seems like all the blitzes lately have been coming up the middle with the linebackers stunting. The corner blitz has been really effective in the past, but it seems the opposing team is picking it up with the RB staying in pass protection lately. Either way, we need more pressure on the pocket, if we're going to go deep in the post-season.

TackleMeBen
11-15-2007, 11:09 AM

Plus maybe we'll see a defensive touchdown this weekend. Even without Chad P in the game...it'll be tough for that young qb to play against our aggressive defense.

hopefully we will get enough to knock kellen out and get pennington in the game... i just love noodle arm pennington :wink02:

jack4patriots
11-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Patsfans.com has a thread that shows how the Patriots defense is the Undisputed #1 defense in the NFL.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=67391

DACEB
11-15-2007, 12:15 PM

I'm with you Dino. I stated before we'll see alot more of our base 3-4 in this game and that is where we do our real damage.

fansince'76
11-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Patsfans.com has a thread that shows how the Patriots defense is the Undisputed #1 defense in the NFL.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=67391

I'll take NFL.com's word for it over DelusionalKoolAidSippingHomers.com's, thank you very much:

Stu Pidasso
11-15-2007, 01:20 PM
They had to go back SEVENTY TWO games to get those stats?

LOL

:sofunny:

:coffee:

HometownGal
11-15-2007, 01:39 PM

:yawn::coffee::yawn:

http://ganjataz.com/general-bollocks/images/by-GT/captions/phone-someone-with-20p.jpg

jjpro11
11-15-2007, 08:36 PM

thats almost as bad as this little gem
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_1830_They're_running_up_the_stats!.html

seriously.. how many different way can you guys come up with to scew the stats in favor of the patriots? you have an aging defense and we will exploit it. deal with it.

Preacher
11-16-2007, 12:19 AM

Sometimes... all you can do is laugh! :toofunny:

jack4patriots
11-16-2007, 03:25 AM
I'll take NFL.com's word for it over DelusionalKoolAidSippingHomers.com's, thank you very much:

Anytime kid!

jack4patriots
11-16-2007, 03:26 AM
:yawn::coffee::yawn:

Take your 20P and call your daddy!

We'll see in a few weeks!! :coffee:

YYYYaaaaaBBBaaabbbbyyy!

Galax Steeler
11-16-2007, 04:09 AM
How do the steelers forums always end up with the trash of the patriots(fans I should say) why can't they go and talk about cheating on there own sites.I guess every body loves the steelers including patriots fans.

Steeldude
11-16-2007, 09:48 AM
is it because they are that good on defense or are the teams they play that bad?

HometownGal
11-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Take your 20P and call your daddy!

We'll see in a few weeks!! :coffee:

YYYYaaaaaBBBaaabbbbyyy!

I'd rather take my 20P and . . . . .nevermind.

Dino 6 Rings
11-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Funny how many ex-steelers end up on the Patriots defense and how few ex-patriots end up on the Steelers defense.

The Jets will get to see what a real defense is like this Sunday...and when The Pittsburgh Steelers Defense destroys Mangini's team, we will still reign supreme in the league as the #1 Defense on the Planet Earth.

All the others model themselves around Pittsburgh, not the other way around. They will soon recognize the true power of this fully operational Defensive Unit.

IwantBigBenskids
11-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Steelers defense ranks #1 thanks to James Harrison and and Polamalu. First in Total Yards allowed, Rushing yards allowed, and Passing Yards allowed. Easy game this week. Im pumped for it.

IwantBigBenskids
11-17-2007, 11:39 AM
I look at so many good players on different teams around the league and i just laugh to myself and tell everyone "the only reason they are good because they were on the steelers."

A titans fan, a friend of mine goes one day "Oh my god, Chris hope hits so hard."
I go "You know why right...."
He goes "Yeah I'm not even going to disagree with you, i know he hits hard because he was on the steelers."
I just smiled.

Another one is Plaxico, he is the #1 reciever for the giants and doing amazing.

But unfortanetly i wish i could say the same thing about joey porter, even though he looked good last week.

jjpro11
11-17-2007, 03:23 PM
I look at so many good players on different teams around the league and i just laugh to myself and tell everyone "the only reason they are good because they were on the steelers."

A titans fan, a friend of mine goes one day "Oh my god, Chris hope hits so hard."
I go "You know why right...."
He goes "Yeah I'm not even going to disagree with you, i know he hits hard because he was on the steelers."
I just smiled.

Another one is Plaxico, he is the #1 reciever for the giants and doing amazing.

But unfortanetly i wish i could say the same thing about joey porter, even though he looked good last week.

hope and plax left in during their prime.. porter left on the downside of his career like every other linebacker we have had to let go. hope and burress have both been replaced with great players.