PDA

View Full Version : Reed & Sepulveda - The Odd Couple

HometownGal
11-12-2007, 10:20 PM
I watched Allison Morris' report tonight on her afternoon with Jeff Reed and Dan Sepulveda - it was great! :thumbsup: Story is below and if anyone wants to watch the video, click on the link below, then click on the video on the right. (You may need to scroll down the page a bit). These two are complete opposites, but have become very good buds off the field and seem to have really clicked on the field, as well! :tt02:

Ladies - ENJOY! I sure did!

http://kdka.com/sports/Reed.Sepulveda.Steelers.2.565795.html

Reed, Sepulveda: The Steelers' Odd Couple

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― It was a move that shocked most Steelers fans last spring as the team traded up to draft their first punter in over 20 years.

The team selected Daniel Sepulveda from Baylor in the fourth round which ushered in a new focus on special teams.

The move also created a kicking and punting duo that's put up some solid numbers this season.

However, it is a pairing that could best be described as the "Odd Couple."

KDKA's Alison Morris reports Reed is like the elder Steelers' socialite and rookie Sepulveda is a religious, stay at home kind of guy.

"We had just gotten home from Church on Sunday morning--the second day of the draft," recalled Sepulveda. "I came home and Green Bay was on the clock and the phone rang and it was the Steelers and they said 'How'd you like to be a Steeler?' "

Sepulveda's reply: "That'd be awesome!"

It was hardly noon and Sepulveda had already been to church and drafted to the NFL.

Kicker Jeff Reed wasn't even awake yet!

But personality and lifestyle differences aside, the two have become fast friends since last spring.

"Dan and I when we hang out, we play, and it sounds like every kid, Play Station," said Reed. "We have competitions in hockey. I'm a big hockey fan."

Just don't expect to see Sepulveda joining Reed on the bar scene any time soon.

"He went out one time, said Reed.

"We went everywhere," said Sepulveda.

"We started at Hyde Park . We took him out to dinner," said Reed. "I think I pay for his stuff all the time except for on Saturdays. Then he has to bring in Chick Fil-A."

Even though he usually keeps to himself, Sepulveda's already garnered a lot of attention around Pittsburgh especially from the ladies and websites like the "Burgh Blog," where he's atop the "Smokin' Hot List."

It is attention that can sometimes be overwhelming.

"We were signing autographs one time and some lady pulls out her wallet, I guess her purse and shows me a picture of her daughter and I swear to you she was ready to take me home," recalled Sepulveda. "She was dead serious."

"I never got any of that," chimed in Reed. "I'm jealous of him already."

In spite of their differences, Reed and Sepulveda do have a lot in common after all.

stillers4me
11-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks HTG...........you always take care of me!! :lust:

Rhee Rhee
11-13-2007, 12:07 AM
OmG that woman can kick!... did anyone else notice jeff reed hitting on her? but anyway she should get with daniel sepulveda it'd be like pittsburgh's hottest couple lol

Borski
11-13-2007, 12:10 AM
OmG that woman can kick!... did anyone else notice jeff reed hitting on her? but anyway she should get with daniel sepulveda it'd be like pittsburgh's hottest couple lol

That kick was so fake, and she admited it being edited at the end of the interview:wink02:

HometownGal
11-13-2007, 09:13 AM

As all of us Steelers ladies move to gouge her eyes out. :wink02::toofunny:

alittlejazzbird
11-13-2007, 10:05 AM
OMG - did you SEE Daniel in that green UnderArmour shirt????????:drool: He seems not to have any idea how absolutely HOT he is, poor kid.

Skippy Reed is such a hoot; he's a great character to have on the team. I miss the troll hair, though.

HTG, thanks for taking such good care of us by posting that video. You definitely steamed up my morning nicely, LOL.

revefsreleets
11-13-2007, 10:23 AM
That is one ripped up punter! We have got to get that guy more involved in some fakes and stuff.

New England game, anyone?

HometownGal
11-13-2007, 11:50 AM
OMG - did you SEE Daniel in that green UnderArmour shirt????????:drool: He seems not to have any idea how absolutely HOT he is, poor kid.

Skippy Reed is such a hoot; he's a great character to have on the team. I miss the troll hair, though.

HTG, thanks for taking such good care of us by posting that video. You definitely steamed up my morning nicely, LOL.

Hey - anything (almost) for my fellow Steelers gals! :thumbsup:

Dan comes across as very shy to me - those are the guys you have to watch out for (if you know what I mean - LOL!)! :wink02::banana: Jeff, on the other hand, is a party animal through and through. He really needs to get another pro picture done - his hair doesn't look like he stuck his fingers in a light socket anymore, thank God. I bet he'd be a lot of fun to party with! :cheers:

HometownGal
11-13-2007, 11:52 AM
That is one ripped up punter! We have got to get that guy more involved in some fakes and stuff.

New England game, anyone?

Yep - he's definitely got some guns. I like the idea of "unleashing" him in Foxboro! :cheers:

From what I saw at TC this year, his legs and calves are pretty ripped too.

TackleMeBen
11-13-2007, 11:58 AM
As all of us Steelers ladies move to gouge her eyes out. :wink02::toofunny:

with HTG leading the charge..lol.. he is a cutie, but not as cute as the qb...lol :flap:

HometownGal
11-13-2007, 12:00 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/pittblogger/steelersbrown.jpg

NateC
11-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Wow...

Great finds THANK YOU HTG.

I love interviews with players... GIVE US MORE PLEASE!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

TackleMeBen
11-13-2007, 12:10 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/pittblogger/steelersbrown.jpg

that is too funny HTG.....:sofunny:

klick81
11-13-2007, 01:33 PM
LOL...you girls are too funny. Hilarious thread!

revefsreleets
11-13-2007, 01:39 PM
No offense to Josh Cribbs, and not that there's anything wrong with it, but he definitely looks a little light in the loafers in that picture.

alittlejazzbird
11-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey - anything (almost) for my fellow Steelers gals! :thumbsup:

Dan comes across as very shy to me - those are the guys you have to watch out for (if you know what I mean - LOL!)! :wink02::banana:

Definitely know what you mean....I married one of those shy guys. Thirteen years later, all I can say is....niiiiiiiiice.

TackleMeBen
11-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Definitely know what you mean....I married one of those shy guys. Thirteen years later, all I can say is....niiiiiiiiice.

i agree.. i married a shy man and now we are divorced..lol. go figure:thumbsup:

stillers4me
11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
No offense to Josh Cribbs, and not that there's anything wrong with it, but he definitely looks a little light in the loafers in that picture.

:sofunny:.......love the fingertips in the air~

HometownGal
11-13-2007, 05:26 PM

He'd be perfect for Dancing With The Stars. :sofunny: