PDA

View Full Version : Predict the rest of the season

FastWillieParker39
11-12-2007, 09:41 PM
I know a lot take each year "one game at a time" but if you had to predict the rest of the season, how would it go?

For me.....

@Jets - W - They are just a bad football team. SHOULD be an easy win but ya never know.

Dolphins - W - They are worse than the Jets, we win this game easy

Bengals - W -Could be a trap game. I've seen the Steelers lose these type of games. However, the Bengals don't scare me so we win

@ Patriots - L - Going to be close, but the Patriots are just too strong

Jags - W - Gonna be a great game where we barely win. The Jags are a pretty good team and they'll be fighting for a playoff spot

@ Rams - W - Look at the Jets

@ Ravens - L - I have a funny feeling about this game for some reason.

Got the Steelers going 12-4 as AFC North Champs!

How do you think it will go down the rest of the year?

Preacher
11-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Predictions are really kind of a shot in th edark.

But I would agree with your number.... but we win against the Ravens and lose against the Rams.

Why? Cause the Rams will be right on their stride by then, nad the game won't be that important to us.

Borski
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
@Jets - W

Dolphins - W

Bengals - W

@ Patriots - W - Going to be close, but the Steelers pull it out in the upset of the year

Jags - W - Gonna be a tough game the play us hard, but its in the middle of December and they are a Florida team.

@ Rams - W

@ Ravens - L - we rest our starters and still almost win (maybe even do)

Steelers 13-3 as AFC North Champs!

MasterOfPuppets
11-12-2007, 09:53 PM
@Jets - W

Dolphins - W

Bengals - W

@ Patriots - L - Going to be close, but the Steelers pull it out in the upset of the year

Jags - W - Gonna be a tough game the play us hard, but its in the middle of December and they are a Florida team.

@ Rams - W

Steelers 13-3 as AFC North Champs!you do realize that 2 + 2 =4 :wink02:

Borski
11-12-2007, 09:56 PM
you do realize that 2 + 2 =4 :wink02:

Its fixed now, I forgot to change it after I pasted it:dang: btw - I suck at math anyway:cheers:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-12-2007, 10:00 PM
@ Jets- Win, they are horrible. No offense and their defense isn't good either. If somehow we lose this game, I might jump off of a bridge.

v. Dolphins- Win, they are the worst team in the NFL. They won't win a game this season. No offense, no defense.

v. Bengals- Win, back to high first round draft picks for them. Our defense will once again shut down their offense and they have no defense, unless playing the offensivly challenged Ravens.

@ Patriots- Win, seriously, I see us winning this game. They aren't as good as they are made out to be. They have killed a lot of mediocre/crap teams and have intimidated a lot of teams. There is no intimidating the Steelers. The Colts almost beat them, and the Browns kept it competitive for most of that game. Our defense is better than the Colts and Browns, I see out defense stopping them. I just hope our ST doesn't give up anything to Welker.

v. Jaguars- Win, it'll be a good game. But I don't see that offense doing much against our defense.

@ Rams- Win, horrible defense, and a bad offense without Jackson. He can't stay healthy this year...and he won't stay healthy through this game. Our defense will make stops and our offense can shoot it out if need be.

@ Ravens Tossup, I don't see us playing our starters much if at all. If we do play the starters and get a 14 point lead, we got the win. If we sit our starters, I believe Batch & Co. can win the game, but I think the Ravens d-line and linebackers will be licking their chops at taking on a second string offense. I think our backup defense can stop the passing game of the Ravens, and probally the run game too (hell, the Cinci defense did it and none of them would start over the Steelers guys).

Steelers go 14-2, winning the North and possibly getting a #2 seed.

fansince'76
11-12-2007, 10:06 PM
I know a lot take each year "one game at a time" but if you had to predict the rest of the season, how would it go?

For me.....

@Jets - W - They are just a bad football team. SHOULD be an easy win but ya never know.

Dolphins - W - They are worse than the Jets, we win this game easy

Bengals - W -Could be a trap game. I've seen the Steelers lose these type of games. However, the Bengals don't scare me so we win

@ Patriots - L - Going to be close, but the Patriots are just too strong

Jags - W - Gonna be a great game where we barely win. The Jags are a pretty good team and they'll be fighting for a playoff spot

@ Rams - W - Look at the Jets

@ Ravens - L - I have a funny feeling about this game for some reason.

Got the Steelers going 12-4 as AFC North Champs!

How do you think it will go down the rest of the year?

This would be my guess as well, FWP39. If Willie and/or Ben go down, all bets are off, though.

stillers4me
11-12-2007, 10:09 PM
This would be my guess as well, FWP39. If Willie and/or Ben go down, all bets are off, though.

:jawdrop: Don't go there!

The Ravens game about gave me a heart attack..............

Steel_Bus_24
11-12-2007, 10:10 PM
as long as we win the North an sustain little injuries I'll be fairly happy

iloveben7
11-12-2007, 10:15 PM
I say the Steelers will go 14-2, which means going undefeated the rest of the season. The easy games are the Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, and Rams. The Jaguars will play a tough physical game, but we will pull out with the win. I see us winning against the Patriots because they haven't played amazing teams except for the Colts, Cowboys and Browns who kept the game close. We are more physical than the Patriots and our defense is a lot better than the opponents they played-look at the stats. I think we will win the Ravens game even if we rest Ben, Willie and others.

14-2 as AFC North Champions with a 2nd seed

Rhee Rhee
11-12-2007, 11:12 PM
13-3 y not... we lose to the pats i think but idk that game is seriously gonna be good if ben plays the way he did in the 2nd half of the browns game

fansince'76
11-12-2007, 11:24 PM
:jawdrop: Don't go there!

The Ravens game about gave me a heart attack..............

I'm not trying to be pessimistic - I'm being realistic. When is the last time Ben played the full 16-game slate? On top of that, he's been running for his life week in and week out, thanks to the OL's sieve-like pass blocking. I don't put it past a cheap-shotting punk like Wilfork to use one of Ben's knees to (cough) "break his fall." I am praying it doesn't happen, though.

Atlanta Dan
11-13-2007, 07:35 AM
12 - 4

I see a Pats loss and a loss to the Rams (they are getting healthy) or Ravens.

If nothing is at stake I cannot imagine Ben or Willie P. will play in the Ravens game to end the regular season if the Steelers are not playing for a playoff bye.

But something may be at stake in the last week - IMO the Browns are going 11-5.

Lord Stiller
11-13-2007, 07:37 AM
I'd guess 12-4

Unfortunately, I don't see the Colts losing more than once the rest of the way with their weak remaining schedule

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-13-2007, 07:58 AM
We go 12-4 with losses to the Jags and Pats

HometownGal
11-13-2007, 08:08 AM
I still want to stick with my original 11-5 prediction, but I'll go one up and go to 12-4. I am always concerned with these teams who have losing records and have an ax to grind. I do think the Steelers are quite capable of beating the Cheatsies in December and if they do, I think a 13-3 season is very possible.

Jman
11-13-2007, 08:22 AM
I still want to stick with my original 11-5 prediction, but I'll go one up and go to 12-4. I am always concerned with these teams who have losing records and have an ax to grind. I do think the Steelers are quite capable of beating the Cheatsies in December and if they do, I think a 13-3 season is very possible.

As it's been talked about from the beginning (of the season), 11-5 or better would make me very happy.

There are some impressive things I've seen this year - Come from behind wins, more open offense, etc. As HTG pointed out in another thread, I don't think the Steelers O has quite peaked yet, so I would say somewhere in the area of 12-4 or 13-3 could be highly realistic (granted the Steelers continue to edge towards their peak).

For the record though...My official prediction is 13-3.

Providence Steel
11-13-2007, 08:29 AM
I'd love to see us win out the remaining games and think it's possible. 2004 we had a 15 gamer and 2005 didn't we have an 8 game streak to get to the playoffs and win the big one? I think this team knows it can play and win even under the adversity of a terrible kick coverage team (although regular starters offering to play is a good thing) and a porous O-line. By the time the Pats play us, they will probably be playing for nothing but a lossless-season and that wont be enough, in my opinion, to beat us. NE already have their division wrapped up and I dont see any possibility of them loosing to anyone else on their schedule but us. The other teams on the rest of the schedule are wins IF we play smart football. Most of this team has pulled together before to go on a win streak once or twice in the past and I think they really need it right now as well.

We SHOULD finish the season 14-2 because we have the talent to do so and the soft remaining schedule (outside the Pats) but 12-4 seems awfully good considering that most of us were predicting 9-7 at the end of last year.

alittlejazzbird
11-13-2007, 10:13 AM
@ Jets- should be a win, unless Kellen Clemens really is all that. He showed some potential in a losing effort in the game before their bye, but I tend to think the team has too many problems to overcome this season.

v. Dolphins- Win. At the beginning of the season, I thought this would be a huge game. I was really looking forward to Joey's return; now, it's just gonna be kind of sad for him.

v. Bengals- Win. That is one dysfunctional team.

@ Patriots- I have absolutely no idea. If the Steelers play up to 100% of their capability, they can beat the Patriots. But we could be killed on special teams. Our corners have to have career games, and James Harrison needs to play out of his mind and get in Brady's face all day. I'm gonna call it a loss, and will happily line up Monday morning to admit I was wrong if we win!

v. Jaguars- Loss. It'll probably be low-scoring, and for some reason the Jags have historically had our number. The teams will kick the living snot out of each other, the Steelers will be physically and emotionally drained from the Pats game regardless of that outcome, and I can't put this one down as a W. Again, I'll happily admit I was wrong if we win.

@ Rams- Win. Boy, that's a sad team. Wonder how the NFL Network feels now about locking this game up.

@ Ravens - Loss. I just don't think it will matter enough to the Steelers to play many starters as they gear up for the playoffs. Of course, we may well be able to beat them with our 2nd stringers! Look for starters only if somehow we haven't locked up the division by then.

I've predicted 11-5 all along, and I'm sticking to it. I'll be thrilled beyond belief if we're 13-3 or 14-2, but I don't see it.

SteelDogFan
11-13-2007, 10:29 AM
@Jets - ( W )

Dolphins - ( W )

Bengals - ( W ? ) After the jets and the Dolphins the Steelers better be ready to play.

@ Patriots - ( W ) - This is just the kind of game that the Steelers surprise us and win.

Jags - ( L ) The Jags D always sets up good against the Steelers. After the Pats game and a win or a close loss this game smells of trouble.

@ Rams - ( W )

@ Ravens -( W ) The Steelers will still be Angry knowing that the Ravens pounded Ben into the turf last year when they new he was ailing and had the game in hand. This might be another shut out.

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2007, 01:41 PM
17 - 2 and a 6th Ring.

That is what I truly believe until I witness otherwise.

Steelman16
11-13-2007, 01:59 PM
My predictions:

@ Jets - W - (24-10) The Jets are simply not playing well right now.

v. Dolphins - W - (21-0) This team is playing worse than the Jets, I could see us bench our starters after the first half.

v. Bengals - W - (24-13) I think this'll be a closer game than most think, especially if Chris Henry hits a hot streak, but I really don't see us losing this game.

@ Patriots - W - (31-28) I'm gonna call a win here. The Pats have only played 2 good teams in Dallas and Indy, whooping Dallas as I expected, but barely beating Indy. Our Defense is the best in the league, and I don't see that changing any time soon. It'll be a close game like the Indy-Pats game, and Ben will show his comeback heroics to win it.

v. Jaguars - L - (10-13) I think the Jags will give us trouble. They have a fairly stout D, and play very physical. The backup QB in place of Garrard (Gray?) is playing decent football, and the rushing attack is still amazing. I forsee us losing, though not by much. Low scoring beat-em-up game.

@ Rams - L - (14-17) The Rams will be playing for respect, and what better way to get confidence than to beat the Steelers? Regardless of their pitiful record, they have enourmous talant (aside from the O-line) that I expect to be completely gelled by this time.

@ Ravens - W - (21-6) Though I don't think many of our starters will play, there's no way we lose to the Ravens, if not just for payback of last year. The Ravens at this point won't be playing for anything but "Beat up the Steelers", so look for it to be a bruise of a game.

(Edit, I'll even add predicted scores...see how close I get)

83-Steelers-43
11-13-2007, 03:49 PM
at New York: W

vs Miami: W

at Cincinnati: W

at New England: L (I know, I know....I'm one of those infamous and well-known Pittsburgh Steeler bandwagon/fairweather fans. I didn't pick us to go 7-0. :wink02:)

vs Jacksonville: W

vs St. Louis: W

at Baltimore: L (Only because we should be resting our starters at this point. It all depends.)

Mosca
11-13-2007, 03:57 PM
at New York: W

vs Miami: W

at Cincinnati: W

at New England: W

vs Jacksonville: L; they have our number, always have

vs St. Louis: W

at Baltimore: W

13-3 and #2 seed.

steelpride12
11-13-2007, 05:00 PM
@Jets - W

Dolphins - W

Bengals - W

@ Patriots - W - Going to be close, but the Steelers pull it out in the upset of the year

@ Rams - W

Steelers 13-3 as AFC North Champs!

Now thats right on with my prediction!