PDA

View Full Version : "tommy maddox expected to start"

tony hipchest
10-14-2005, 05:15 PM
scrolled across the bottom of the screen on sportscenter.

if cowher starts ben and he does poorly (which theoretically could even happen without his injury) there would be hell to pay. if maddox does poorly, they can just chalk it up to not having their starter in the game. the risk/reward seems to favor maddox starting.

SteelR1
10-14-2005, 05:42 PM
I agree with starting Maddox, If he just seems like he cant get the job done then maybe think about more drastic measures..

You have to give Ben the chance to get that knee healed all the way so we can use him for the long haul into the playoffs!!

SteelCurtain
10-14-2005, 06:52 PM
yeah, i definately think maddox should start...let ben heal

Prosdo
10-14-2005, 07:47 PM
yeah, i definately think maddox should start...let ben heal

I agree. No need to rush the guy back. We have capable backups.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2005, 01:01 AM
No need to rush Ben I agree..but Im not so sure starting tommy is that much better than starting charlie. If you ask me, its about 6-1 half dozen the other..neither one has seen signifcant playing time recently.

Suitanim
10-15-2005, 07:41 AM
We are actually lucky to have 3 QB's on the roster with significant starting time at QB...in fact, I think Batch might actually have even more starts that Tommie.

Either way, I think we'll be just fine.

Ambridge
10-15-2005, 08:58 AM
I agree with everyone else that Ben needs to sit this one out and heal-up.
The only thing that concerns me about Maddox is that he's not a mobile QB even when he's 100% and with having a calf injury he could be a sitting duck on passing downs.

Blitzburgh55
10-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Maddox is ten times better than bacth