PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Rivalry in College Football

revefsreleets
11-13-2007, 09:36 AM
If you don't understand what it's all about, HBO wants to help you out. Watch tonight at 10:30 and see why Michigan vs. OSU is THE rivalry in College Football.

http://www.hbo.com/events/rivalry/

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-13-2007, 03:51 PM
I saw a commercial for this and plan on watching it tonight. Looks good.

atlsteelers
11-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Two okay teams from a below average conference...historically it is as good as any rivalry - but by no means is it the greatest...

ohiosteelerfan20
11-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Two okay teams from a below average conference...historically it is as good as any rivalry - but by no means is it the greatest...
Whats the greatest then?

revefsreleets
11-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Um, HBO has never done a college football documentary. They could have picked ANY college football rivalry, but they didn't. They picked OSU vs. Michigan as their first.

Maybe they'll do an SEC rivalry documentary someday. Maybe. Someday.

ohiosteelerfan20
11-15-2007, 06:30 AM
I was born is the south and grew up in SoCal. So I think I can be pretty objective about this. UCLA -USC and Ga.-Fla. are pretty heated, localy. But OSU- Mich and more heated nationaly.

revefsreleets
11-15-2007, 09:05 AM
The best way to learn about the intensity of this rivalry and why it's so great is to watch the documentary.

TackleMeBen
11-15-2007, 11:01 AM
alabama - auburn use to be a good rivalry..but i would have to say the greatest one is Michigan - Ohio State. want to talk about two teams that literally cant stand each other and the same about the fans...

Jeremy
11-17-2007, 03:07 PM
:blah:

One group of arrogant jerks versus another group of arrogant jerks.

revefsreleets
11-17-2007, 04:12 PM

Have a great day, there, Happy!

Hines0wnz
11-17-2007, 04:18 PM

Whats the greatest then?

Yes, who is better?

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/jerkit5.gif

Jeremy
11-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Yes, who is better?

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/jerkit5.gif

Army vs Navy

End of discussion.

silver & black
11-17-2007, 07:32 PM

Thanks. right back at ya Skippy.

silver & black
11-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Army vs Navy

End of discussion.

Oh... never mind. :jawdrop:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-17-2007, 09:36 PM
You haters wanna know why Ohio State and Michigan play each other the last game of the regular season every year? Because it almost always decides the Big 10 Champion.

Woody Hayes HATED Michigan. He couldn't even say the name of the school, he always refered to them as That School Up North (TSUN).

John Cooper didn't understand this rivalry. That is why he went 2-10-1 in his 13 years as head coach at Ohio State. Jim Tressel knows the rivalry. He knows this game is special. That is why he is now 6-1 agaisnt TSUN.

revefsreleets
11-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Army vs Navy

End of discussion.

Yes, end of discussion.......for you. You've disqualified yourself from further comment. (Shaking head) Army vs. Navy. Sheesh.

The game hasn't been relevant since Roger Staubach was the QB at Navy. To give you an idea how long ago that was, JFK was the sitting President. The game doesn't even sell out. Sure the game has a nice history, and who is going to say anything bad about the service academies and the kids that play for them? It's a nice rivalry, but it ain't OSU vs. Michigan.

Jeremy
11-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes, end of discussion.......for you. You've disqualified yourself from further comment. (Shaking head) Army vs. Navy. Sheesh.

The game hasn't been relevant since Roger Staubach was the QB at Navy. To give you an idea how long ago that was, JFK was the sitting President. The game doesn't even sell out. Sure the game has a nice history, and who is going to say anything bad about the service academies and the kids that play for them? It's a nice rivalry, but it ain't OSU vs. Michigan.

It's still relevant for all the men and women who lay their lives on the line to protect you.

And you're right, it's not Ohio State and Michigan. It means a hell of a lot more than that. But I'm done with you. I don't understand how anyone who roots for a class organization like the Steelers can be an Ohio State fan.

Welcome to the ignore list.

Jeremy
11-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Oh... never mind. :jawdrop:

At least you're able to recognize when you're wrong, unlike your two buddies in this thread.

revefsreleets
11-18-2007, 08:36 PM
It's still relevant for all the men and women who lay their lives on the line to protect you.

And you're right, it's not Ohio State and Michigan. It means a hell of a lot more than that. But I'm done with you. I don't understand how anyone who roots for a class organization like the Steelers can be an Ohio State fan.

You HAVE to be kidding, right? You're playing the "military card"? It's one thing to not know nearly as much as you think you do, it's another thing entirely to hide your lack of knowledge behind obvious screens. The fact that the military academies games aren't relevant is that the young men who are talented football players don't want to sacrifice their time playing for Army, Air Force, etc anymore, and the young kids who do play for the service academies deserve all the props in the world.

But that doesn't make the game more than it is.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-20-2007, 10:12 AM

Nobody ever said that it wasn't relevent to the men and women in the armed forces.

However, it is in no way relevent to the grand scheme of major college football.