PDA

View Full Version : NFL Total Access: Steelers are Contenders

alittlejazzbird
11-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Check out this video on NFL.com - unanimous opinion, backed up by sound stats and arguments, that the Steelers are legitimate contenders who have the weapons to defeat New England:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80424345

(if for any reason that link doesn't work, go to the video index from the NFL.com homepage. The video is near the beginning of the index or can be found under Steelers team videos.)

jjpro11
11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
you would just sound downright silly and stubborn to say we cant at this point. #1 defense, #5 offense and the #2 most efficient quarterback in the league.

Steelman16
11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Worked for me. Good video.

"I see it that way too, they're gonna control the clock. Tom Brady is gonna be over by the gatorade."

I'm liking that qoute. :wink02:

steelwolf21
11-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Worked for me. Good video.

"I see it that way too, they're gonna control the clock. Tom Brady is gonna be over by the gatorade."

I'm liking that qoute. :wink02:

I know right? That Pats defense is getting up there in years, if FWP and the o line can finally get a really consistent running game going and keep Brady/Moss/Welker sidelined there's no reason why we can't. Being a superstious pessimist though, I'm going to keep saying Pats till Dec 10!

dez
11-14-2007, 03:52 AM
Am I the only one thinking that the Patriots are being touted as some neigh invincible being?

I feel like the Steelers/Pats game is being hyped like a video game or kids movie.

Wise Old Teacher: "There is no way you can defeat the evil Brady, he is too powerful!"

Unlikely Hero: "I have to try. . if not for my sake, for the sake of the world."

Wise Old Teacher: "Fool! You will perish! You have no chance!"

*Unlikely Hero shows potential, the evil Brady makes his move towards checkmate*

Wide Old Teacher: "Go forth, young one. You are the only one who has a chance to stop this evil. If anyone can do it, it is you."

I swear. . . . If I hear this game being hyped anymore, I just might vomit.

memphissteelergirl
11-14-2007, 08:50 AM
LOL....actually, dez...that's pretty good! :sofunny:

Sounds like a MNF opening montage...too bad the game's on a Sunday tho'! :wink02:

KYSteelersfan
11-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Here's the way I see it. As the way Tomlin should be telling his players.

Sunday Nov. 18 - Jets - Crush them, get the W

Monday Nov. 26 - Dolphins - Crush them in our house, get the W

Sunday Dec. 2 - Bengals - Crush them in our house, get the W

Sunday Dec. 9 - Patriots - Keep the O off the field, when they get on the field, Crush them in their house, get the W

Dino 6 Rings
11-14-2007, 09:46 AM
The Bills of the 90s were pretty unbeatable too...oh and so where the Colts every single year before last season...and the St Louis Rams and their fastest show on turf were pretty unstoppable. Randy Moss and Cunnigham in Minnesota were supposed to win a superbowl. The Colts were supposed to win Superbowl 3. There was no way the Packers were going to lose to Denver in the superbowl.

Until you win the final game, hoist the trophy, and get your rings sized. You are beatable. Especially if the Steelers are anywhere on your schedule.

TackleMeBen
11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Am I the only one thinking that the Patriots are being touted as some neigh invincible being?

I feel like the Steelers/Pats game is being hyped like a video game or kids movie.

Wise Old Teacher: "There is no way you can defeat the evil Brady, he is too powerful!"

Unlikely Hero: "I have to try. . if not for my sake, for the sake of the world."

Wise Old Teacher: "Fool! You will perish! You have no chance!"

*Unlikely Hero shows potential, the evil Brady makes his move towards checkmate*

Wide Old Teacher: "Go forth, young one. You are the only one who has a chance to stop this evil. If anyone can do it, it is you."

I swear. . . . If I hear this game being hyped anymore, I just might vomit.

all you need now is the imperial march music from star wars...lol.:wink02:

BlastFurnace
11-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Basically...I hope the team is focused on the Jets and the Jets alone right now. For some reason, this team needs a kick in the pants to get going again after experiencing success.

I would like to see the focused team that played the 2nd half of the Cleveland game for an entire game....not the unfocused bunch that stumbled through the 1st half of the same game.

DACEB
11-14-2007, 12:16 PM
if FWP and the o line can finally get a really consistent running game going and keep Brady/Moss/Welker sidelined there's no reason why we can't.

That is exactly right but is only half of the plan. The Colts exposed the Pats and SHOULD have won that game. To beat the Pats we will have to run the ball and control the clock. The O-line must step up and as stated be much more consistent, no negative plays.

The other half of the equation is the D-line. To beat the Pats you must be able to bring pressure with just four guys. The D had no sacks against Clev, this worries me. The Pats will spread us out, taking us out of the 3-4, eliminating our strengths. It is essential that whoever the four down linemen are, they bring it!!

The Pats game, not unlike any other but more so will be won or lost in the trenches.
Lets go O-line, lets go D-line, time to get very serious and start dominating.

dez
11-17-2007, 05:15 AM
LOL....actually, dez...that's pretty good! :sofunny:

Sounds like a MNF opening montage...too bad the game's on a Sunday tho'! :wink02:

Yeah, i'm awesome. I know.

:smile:

delhess
11-17-2007, 05:43 AM
how much have you seen ben talking to the media about how "good he feels" ?

i think that his head has been in the right place. he is going out there and playing. period. he is not concerned w/ anyone else's opinion. that is the old ben that we love!

that attitude is what it's gonna take to beat the pats. let them say what they want.

on the flip side, i don't think beating that pats as a cure all. do you think we can beat them twice??? it's the second game that will matter.