PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Sign Philip and Mason

83-Steelers-43
11-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Steelers sign center Philip, cornerback Mason
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Center Marvin Philip and cornerback Grant Mason have been signed from the Steelers? practice squad to replace veterans Ryan Clark (spleen) and Jerame Tuman (back), who were placed on injured reserve, a move that makes them ineligible to play the rest of the season.

Philip was the Steelers? sixth-round pick in the 2006 draft. He earned a roster spot as a rookie, but did not see any playing time. He has spent all of this season on the practice squad.

Mason signed with the Steelers in January as a free agent after signing with the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted rookie in 2006 out of Michigan. He also spent this season on the Steelers? practice squad.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_537925.html

onthebus36
11-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Interesting they didn't bring up another TE to replace Tuman. Isn't Dekker still on the practice squad?

I think having a backup Center is a good move and I hope Mason can help out on ST.

OneForTheToe
11-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Interesting they didn't bring up another TE to replace Tuman. Isn't Dekker still on the practice squad?

I think having a backup Center is a good move and I hope Mason can help out on ST.

Tomlin seems happy with Starks as the third TE. I'm not sure why, but I'm not the coach. In any case, it does save us a spot on the active roster on game days, since Starks can now fail at two positions at once. :dang: :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Tomlin seems happy with Starks as the third TE. I'm not sure why, but I'm not the coach. In any case, it does save us a spot on the active roster on game days, since Starks can now fail at two positions at once. :dang: :wink02:

As a RT..Starks is a GREAT TE

Elvis
11-14-2007, 07:33 PM
:thumbsup:
I agree Mr. Lambert...
When I see him in there he is doing a fine job and I also think that it is nice to have a backup Center on our roster.
:tt02:

revefsreleets
11-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Starks is a good run blocker. But one good run blocker can't make up for the other 3-5 games who are just average.