PDA

View Full Version : No Fullback at all?

steelpride12
11-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Something i noticed at the game on Sunday was no Carey Davis being fullback, but no fullback at all.
Sure Parker gained over 100 yards, but for the most part i found it a silly move and prefer the fullback in(KREIDER)!
The o-line is not strong enough to make the holes like lets say that pats or colts o-line can.
Parker had a rough time running from the single set and was most of the time stopped for no gain or a very small gain.

Did anyone else pick up on that?

Lord Stiller
11-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Kreider didn't play last week

RoethlisBURGHer
11-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I noticed, but Kreider didn't play because he was hurt. Davis can't make a hole to save his life. If both were to go down, I would gladly play FB for the minimum.

tony hipchest
11-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Something i noticed at the game on Sunday was no Carey Davis being fullback, but no fullback at all.
Sure Parker gained over 100 yards, but for the most part i found it a silly move and prefer the fullback in(KREIDER)!
The o-line is not strong enough to make the holes like lets say that pats or colts o-line can.
Parker had a rough time running from the single set and was most of the time stopped for no gain or a very small gain.

Did anyone else pick up on that?they dont run every play with no full back.

when the steelers use 5 offensive lineman + big ben + hines, cedric, washington, heath, and willie they have alot of offensive firepower on the field. we are 5th in offense.

:hunch:

but yeah, we can use a FB too.

jjpro11
11-14-2007, 11:02 PM
i think they were in the process of switching back to kreider, but he got hurt.

Edman
11-15-2007, 04:52 AM
Kreider is hurt. Tomlin sees his importance, though. That's why you saw no Carey Davis at Fullback.

Galax Steeler
11-15-2007, 04:58 AM
I wish we would use a fullback a little more seems willie does better with a blocker in front of him.