PDA

View Full Version : Big Ten Haters Read Up

revefsreleets
11-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Doesn't make much sense for the conference to shoot themselves in the foot like this. Especially since they have been accused by SEC fans of purposefully trying to make the path to the BCS games easier.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=bigtenmayhavemadeaveryco&prov=tsn&type=lgns

I mentioned the horrible non-call on the Illinois fumble in the first few minutes. Again, I'm not blaming the OSU loss on the refs, but I AM questioning the refs, and am DEFINITELY calling out fans who ignorantly tried to claim that the Big Ten engages in the same practices that the SEC does, namely, doing whatever it takes to get the best conference teams into the big bowl games.

It would seem that the Big Ten not only plays fair, they go out of their own way to keep their OWN conference teams from those games!

GoFins11
11-14-2007, 11:15 PM
What were SEC fans accusing the Big Ten of exactly ? Maybe I missed it but I'm not sure what you are talking about..

revefsreleets
11-15-2007, 09:03 AM
There have been posters here who claim that the Big Ten is involved in some kind of chicanery in order to provide the path of least resistence to BCS bowls for it's marquee teams. Kind of like the way the SEC refs are conveniently just a little too one-sided in a couple recent LSU games.

GoFins11
11-15-2007, 12:48 PM
There have been posters here who claim that the Big Ten is involved in some kind of chicanery in order to provide the path of least resistence to BCS bowls for it's marquee teams. Kind of like the way the SEC refs are conveniently just a little too one-sided in a couple recent LSU games.

hmm.... haven't heard of that on either side. Must be out of the loop.

revefsreleets
11-16-2007, 08:54 AM
You aparently didn't see the LSU/Alabama game.

I can tell you that this fine southern gentleman and SEC fan was none too pleased at the officiating in that affair.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/revefsreleets/image002.jpg

Jeremy
11-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Quit crying.

GoFins11
11-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Bad calls are apart of the game.

Jeremy
11-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Bad calls are apart of the game.

Don't tell Ohio State fans that.

revefsreleets
11-17-2007, 04:15 PM
We already know. We overcame no less than 4 horrific calls to beat Michigan to win today. Good teams can do that.

revefsreleets
11-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Jesus. They are back at it again. BS penalty basically takes at least 3, maybe 7 off the board.

Attn: SEC Refs. LSU doesn't need help against Ole Miss. Let them play the game.

Jeremy
11-17-2007, 05:59 PM
We already know. We overcame no less than 4 horrific calls to beat Michigan to win today. Good teams can do that.

http://www.exclusivelymahjongg.com/FINGTOW2.jpg

revefsreleets
11-17-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm not crying. I'm celebrating!

My team, at worst, has to "settle" for the Rose Bowl.

GoFins11
11-17-2007, 07:20 PM

Overcame??? Did you see how Michigan was playing? I don't know how OSU didn't score more points.

silver & black
11-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Overcame??? Did you see how Michigan was playing? I don't know how OSU didn't score more points.

Actually, they could have. Tressel did the classy thing, and took a knee. A certain NFL coach could take a lesson from him... and you know who I mean. :wink02:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Jeremy, dude quit hating. All you are doing is trolling this thread.

revefsreleets
11-18-2007, 10:03 AM
The paper today summed it up best. "Tressel shut down the offense in the second half". I believe the Bucks threw the ball exactly twice in the 2nd half. He also reiterated his famous statement that the punt is the most important play in football.

The bad calls? I wouldn't bring them up if we had lost, but there was a 1) Blatant pass interference call against (I think) Hartline where he was coming back for the ball and the defender basically just knocked him down. He was about a yard from the pass and the refs said it was uncatchable, which leads to 2) A horrible interference call on OSU when the pass sailed about 15 yards over the WR's head, which was bad enough, but the receiver was also running an out and the pass was thrown down the field. Apparently UM receivers CAN catch passes thrown 15 yards over their heads and in the opposite direction they are running, but OSU players CAN'T catch passes one yard away that they are running towards. 3) The missed out of bounds was bad and blatant since the line judge was running down the field right behind the return guy. His JOB is to watch the runner and make sure he doesn't step out of bounds. Tressel caught that one, though. Finally, 4) Henne was being pressured again, he was sitting right behind the center (between the tackles) and he threw the ball away. It was classic intentional grounding, I mean textbook stuff, and why the rule is in place, yet nobody threw the flag. Tressel was really animated over that one, and he doesn't get animated.

Anyway, who cares? The better team won in spite of bad weather, bad officiating, bad conditions and over the top conservative play calling in the second half.

Jeremy
11-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Jeremy, dude quit hating. All you are doing is trolling this thread.

Hating? You Ohio State fans bring this on yourselves. You talk your team up as some kind of super program, and then you blame everyone else when you lose. You lose to Illinois, and it's the officials fault. It couldn't be that your quaterback is one of the worst in the Big Ten or that your head coach can't game plan for a team with speed.

Good luck in the Rose Bowl. God knows you're going to need it.

revefsreleets
11-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Hating? You Ohio State fans bring this on yourselves. You talk your team up as some kind of super program, and then you blame everyone else when you lose. You lose to Illinois, and it's the officials fault. It couldn't be that your quaterback is one of the worst in the Big Ten or that your head coach can't game plan for a team with speed.

Good luck in the Rose Bowl. God knows you're going to need it.

Can you read? After the Illinois game, I gave the Illini all the props in the World. They outplayed the Bucks. I also said the Bucks needed an upgrade at QB if they wanted to take the next step.

I later blamed the Big Ten for letting an officiating crew that had just come off suspension for sucking for being allowed to call such an important game. They blew calls, but it wouldn't have mattered.

You're just a really angry dude who seems to like to lash out at every one else. It doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I feel kind of sorry for people who just have to be negative about everything, so feel free to say whatever you want to me. A lot of it is unintentionally funny (comparing Army/Navy to OSU/UM? Classic!). But you are pissing off some other people here.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Quit crying.

The Trojans are coming to Tempe for their turkey dinner. Think they're going to carve up the Devils? :tap:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Jeremy, you hop into every OSU thread and bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. These threads aren't in the blast furnace. I go into them to discuss football, and end up reading multiple whiney bitchy posts from you. You add absolutley nothing to the conversation, which makes it trolling. I think the Ohio State fans here understand that you don't like Ohio State. Well then stay the hell out of the Ohio State threads if you are unable to add to the discussion.

revefsreleets
11-20-2007, 10:20 AM
He's added a couple humorous posts, like claiming that Army/Navy is a rivalry better than OSU/UM. Of course, then he pitched a bitch after that claim was quickly refuted. It's a mixed bag with Jeremy, but you can always be sure that he's not happy.