PDA

View Full Version : Santa's told to say "Ha Ha Ha" so as not to offend the ho's

revefsreleets
11-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Yeah, it's in Australia, but I'm sure we're next. How did this PC crap get so powerful?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat

Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women
Wed Nov 14, 11:04 PM ET

Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.
Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.
One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.
"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.
"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.
"Leave Santa alone."
A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

fansince'76
11-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Doesn't surprise me - I saw a news video the other day where department stores in London are going to be hiring "skinny" Santas, because the traditional fat Santas set a "bad example" for children. Xmas is being slowly but surely destroyed - I'm glad I'm not a kid nowadays, I truly am.

Skinny Santa (http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news?ei=UTF-8&p=santa+diet&rs=0&c=av)

TroysBadDawg
11-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Next thing you know they will be doing away with the elfs, saying Santa plays like Michael Jackson. Oh never mind.

TackleMeBen
11-15-2007, 12:04 PM
I guess that also means that they can't eat these in Australia?

http://www.x-entertainment.com/adventcalendar/2003/december23/4.jpg

:sofunny::sofunny: guess santa cant be selling the hohohos at the grocery store this year..lol

Godfather
11-15-2007, 12:43 PM
I can see the part abuot it being scary (remember Ralphie and his little brother?)

But worrying about what it having a bad connotation in another country is stupid. Can you imagine if we banned every word/phrase that sounded bad in another language or in Australian/Canadian/English slang??

STEELtownHAVOX
11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
They keep changing the traditions., Just a couple years ago they changed the Christmas Tree to a "Holiday Tree". Keep Hoing Santa.

Preacher
11-15-2007, 04:25 PM
It is funny... everywhere people look, they will find something to be offended about.

revefsreleets
11-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Here's what's going to happen. A parent of a mentally retarded kid is going to be walking by Santa while he's "Ha-Ha-Ha'ing" and the parent is going to sue Santa, the city, the mall, and the maker of the Santa suit for mocking retarded kids.

And they'll probably win.

MasterOfPuppets
11-16-2007, 05:41 PM
hohonappyheadedho....:sofunny:

Hines0wnz
11-17-2007, 03:23 PM
This is what happens when the PC crowd rules.