PDA

View Full Version : Is there a game this week?

Fire Haley
11-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Seems kind of......quiet.

Maybe nobody remembers losing to the Jets in the Meadowlands the last time.
Everyone must be feeling really puffed up. Kinda like before that Broncos game, eh?

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

HometownGal
11-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Seems kind of......quiet.

Maybe nobody remembers losing to the Jets in the Meadowlands the last time.
Everyone must be feeling really puffed up. Kinda like before that Broncos game, eh?

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

It's only Wednesday, Killer my sweet. :wink02:

Seriously, though (and I take NO game lightly) - what really is there to talk about regarding the Jets?

1. Leon Washington
2. Leon Washington
3. Leon Washington

I think that about covers it. :thumbsup:

Fire Haley
11-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Just trying to drum up a little excitement, muffin.

I know it's hard to hate a 1-8 team....but I'm working on it.

fansince'76
11-15-2007, 02:13 PM
I know it's hard to hate a 1-8 team....but I'm working on it.

They're coached by a former Belicheat assistant. OK, he gets a few brownie points for exposing that cheating fraud, but it ain't enough in my book.

Infamix
11-15-2007, 02:19 PM
They're coached by a former Belicheat assistant. OK, he gets a few brownie points for exposing that cheating fraud, but it ain't enough in my book.

:cheers::wink02:

But this game sets up a scenario similar to the denver game, without the high altitude. Losing team...Steelers coming off a win (then bye). I still think the boys are going to take it though...31-17

The Duke
11-15-2007, 02:22 PM
It's only Wednesday, Killer my sweet. :wink02:

Seriously, though (and I take NO game lightly) - what really is there to talk about regarding the Jets?

1. Leon Washington
2. Leon Washington
3. Leon Washington

I think that about covers it. :thumbsup:

I'm actually scared of Leon Washington, I read he's averaging like 33 yards per return, that would be like 66 yards per return against our steelers :dang:

If the Jets score any TDs I bet they're going to come from Leon. I hope I'm wrong and it is a shutout :tt02:

Fire Haley
11-15-2007, 03:10 PM
"The football gods are always kind to you," Tomlin said. "When you're struggling in an area, we get presented with the opportunity to defend against the best guy in the world at returning kicks right now. This game is about challenges and about responding, and I look forward to see what we're willing to do in that area this week."

Squibb kicks...that's the way to go.

GeneralRobinson
11-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Squibb kicks...that's the way to go.

Wrapping up and shedding blocks...that's the way to go (lol).

Rhee Rhee
11-15-2007, 03:43 PM
that denver game was a little scary... like i had this feelin we were gonna lose... but this game i can't see it happenin cause i mean come on Leon washington? can he play defense too?

Dino 6 Rings
11-15-2007, 04:07 PM
There is a game this week. 15,000 steelers fans will be in NJ to witness it as the sorry arse jets fan sell their tickets in bulk on the corners of route 3.

Fire Haley
11-15-2007, 04:13 PM
From reading the Jet's boards....more like 30-40,000 Steelers fans will be there.
They say the game is now selling out quick.......and you know who's buying them......

Woot!!!

Edman
11-15-2007, 05:15 PM
A 7-2 team coming to town against a 1-8 team. Smells like Trap game.

steelpride12
11-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Won't be excited till i wake up Sunday morning, but trust me im not confident because we loved to lose to bad teams and with there #1 KR man its not easy to sleep at night.

Go Steelers!

Stlrs4Life
11-15-2007, 06:22 PM
:cheers::wink02:

But this game sets up a scenario similar to the denver game, without the high altitude. Losing team...Steelers coming off a win (then bye). I still think the boys are going to take it though...31-17

The Ravens were coming off of a by7e also when they played us.

FAB802
11-15-2007, 07:06 PM
We shouldn't have any problems with the Jets. I don't see our team coming out flat again.

lilyoder6
11-15-2007, 07:20 PM
i think the only thing going for the Jets is the return game... we stop that we should be good

jjpro11
11-15-2007, 08:15 PM
its gonna be like a home game. no way we let up like we did in denver.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-15-2007, 10:41 PM
J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK!

That's what I've been saying to my buddy who is a Jets fan.

Galax Steeler
11-16-2007, 03:53 AM
Stop leon and we get a win.

BurghZ0n3
11-16-2007, 10:24 AM
J E T S ... Just Ending Their Stats....no need to worry!!! :helmet::banging::banging::banging::helmet:

steelermuzik
11-16-2007, 10:28 AM
I just read somewhere that Ike Taylor is replacing Allen Rossum on ST and that Keisel gave 'em all a motivational speech. Shore up ST's and I say we're gonna roll over the Jets. :cheer:

KYSteelersfan
11-16-2007, 10:36 AM
I didn't even know that NY Jets still had a team.

Seriously though, stop Leon Washington = crushing victory over the Jets

DACEB
11-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Let's just hope everyone comes out of this healthy, that is the only worry. Steelers win this one going away. FWP gets over 120yds, Davenport gets 60-80yds rushing. Big Ben has an easy game with the PA pass. Defense increases its sack total this Sunday.

Steelers win big 37-13

SteelDogFan
11-16-2007, 11:04 AM
This is the NFL and the movie title Any Given Sunday is a true statement. I believe the Pats will lose a game but will the team that beats them be better than them. Only if its the Steelers. But if they lose to someone else the Any Given Sunday metaphor is applied.

The Team had better take over the emotional high of a team that may look at it as a playoff game. Or at least # 30 vs #2, to put it in a college format. I think the Steelers will beat them by at least two touchdowns.

alittlejazzbird
11-16-2007, 11:45 AM
From reading the Jet's boards....more like 30-40,000 Steelers fans will be there.
They say the game is now selling out quick.......and you know who's buying them......

Woot!!!

I'll be there, in section 132 near the 40 yard line, surrounded by whichever Jets fans actually decide to show up (I'm using a Jets fan's season tickets). I'm hoping we're playing well enough that by the third quarter, we can make our way to wherever the most Steeler fans are congregated.

And I hope we ROCK Giants Stadium with Terrible Towels and Steel Pride!

BurghZ0n3
11-16-2007, 02:20 PM
I'll be there, in section 132 near the 40 yard line, surrounded by whichever Jets fans actually decide to show up (I'm using a Jets fan's season tickets). I'm hoping we're playing well enough that by the third quarter, we can make our way to wherever the most Steeler fans are congregated.

...and @ Times Square & in the subways too...:tt02::tt02::tt02::helmet:

Edman
11-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Stop Leon Washington on Special Teams= Steelers win.

Still, this game has that 'trap game' stench all over it.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-16-2007, 04:14 PM
To anyone who thinks this game is not the most important game of the season I would say to you...."WIGGLE STICKS!!!"

If you don't believe me then please follow the yellow brick road to http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/1838-appreciating-the-fans-at-jets-steelers

:party:

If I didn't know the poor Writers Guild went on strike then I'd think this came from Leno or Letterman. But I guess the Jets drew the shortest "stick" when the NFL chose Fan Appreciation Week.

I wish I could say this is original comedy.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-16-2007, 04:23 PM
NO. They are "Scheming Ways" to stop Willie.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/1848-jets-scheming-ways-to-slow-down-fast-willie-

:present: I guess there was a blackout in NYC the night we played the Ravens. Unless you are Ray Lewis I thought the point of the game was to win...not stop Parker. Fantasy football players should be loading up of Steeler TE's and WR's.

Can we make Max Starks eligible? God knows the only one stopping Max is Max.

jrottie
11-17-2007, 10:09 AM

My Terrible Towel & I will be in Sec 110 behind the Jet bench. Got my tickets from a season ticket holder for free! Living in Jersey I can tell you that stadium is going to be covered in black & gold. Jet season ticket holders are dumping their tickets like they're made of kryptonite. Consider this game the Steelers 9th home game.

elockcuff
11-17-2007, 10:19 AM
i will tell you one thing the steelers will stomp some dirt up you know what.

steelwolf21
11-17-2007, 10:40 AM
I had a very bad feeling about the Broncos game. I thought they were still a dangerous team, who matched up well against the steelers. For all the pundits are saying about the steelers being a superbowl team two years ago, they were still the AFC championship game from two years ago. But the jets? Can the Steelers manage to lose? They'd have to play one of the worst games ever witnessed to lose the jets, the way both teams are right now.

Elvis
11-17-2007, 01:00 PM
This should be a easy game for the Steelers. That being said...
The Steelers will or should go in and get Ben involved early to open up the running game. I know that doesnt sound like my usual gameplan, but it just seems like teams are really revolving around Willie's running the ball lately. Hines Ward and Co. should have a big game. I am so proud of Santonio Holmes, after the legal problems last year to start things off... I was worried that we had drafted trouble but he has turned things around I think and has become the Steelers big play threat.
Steelers Win
31-10
:tt02:

alittlejazzbird
11-17-2007, 05:38 PM
am so proud of Santonio Holmes, after the legal problems last year to start things off... I was worried that we had drafted trouble but he has turned things around I think and has become the Steelers big play threat.

I think we all owe a big debt of gratitude to Hines Ward, who singlehandedly took Santonio under his wing during all that trouble and assured the fans that there would be nothing to worry about. He's taught Santonio the Steeler way, and Santonio proved a very willing student. We're starting to hear about Santonio's downfield blocking abilities in addition to his emerging deep threat capabilities. How awesome is that????

Fire Haley
11-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I believe the boys learned their lesson in Denver. Ain't gonna happen again.

Blow-out win. Steelers 38 - Jets 13

I tried to warn all y'all.

It's OK, the Steelers bought into their own hype.