PDA

View Full Version : Jets Seeking Happy returns-NYJets.com

SteelDogFan
11-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Jets Seeking Happy Returns vs. Steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers are one of the best teams in the NFL, but their coverage units have been less than average. And when the Steelers face the Jets on Sunday at the Meadowlands, they?ll encounter one of the best kickoff return units in football.

?Our confidence is definitely high. Anytime we don?t have a successful return, it?s kind of disappointing,? said David Bowens, a main wedge ingredient. ?As an athlete and a special teams guy, you have to carry that approach. You have to demand success every play, especially when you?re doing well.?

Leon Washington leads the NFL in both kickoff return average (33.5) and kickoff return touchdowns (3). The Steelers are yielding 26.0 yards a kickoff return and that ranks 27th in the league. On paper, it would seem to be a perfect match for the Green & White.

?We?ve seen them on film and they still make plays and they have some key guys who make plays for them,? said Stacy Tutt. ?That really doesn?t mean much. We just have to take care of our job, take care of our blocking responsibilities and let Leon run for the ball.?

OH BOY!! tHATS WONDERFUL, but I believe Tomlin will have the Speacial Teams ready to play.

DACEB
11-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Let's go B&G keep your lanes and TACKLE!!!

HometownGal
11-17-2007, 08:15 AM
I have no doubt that Tomlin worked these guys to the bone this week in practice. Our STs are the glaring weakness on this team and they have to get it together and fast. Tomorrow's matchup with the Jets is a start - they've got to keep getting better every week, as not only is field position so vital - affording our O the time to catch their breath between drives by not allowing a score is just as vital to this team's success.

C'mon ST's - get 'r done! :tt02:

GeneralRobinson
11-17-2007, 08:28 AM
I have no doubt that Tomlin worked these guys to the bone this week in practice.

I agree, and I respect the ability of Coach Tomlin and his staff to make adjustments and prepare his club during the week. However, with all the time devoted to special teams this offseason, I would have expected a little better performance, so time spent working on ST is not necessarily going to mean improvement. Whether it's mental errors or lack of ability, I don't know. My gut tells me that it's more about will than skill.

steelpride12
11-17-2007, 08:30 AM
I have no doubt that Tomlin worked these guys to the bone this week in practice. Our STs are the glaring weakness on this team and they have to get it together and fast. Tomorrow's matchup with the Jets is a start - they've got to keep getting better every week, as not only is field position so vital - affording our O the time to catch their breath between drives by not allowing a score is just as vital to this team's success.

C'mon ST's - get 'r done! :tt02:

I agree, The man Tomlin is he will work everything out with his ST, make some changes possilby or just wake them up. The game tom. will prove give our ST a chance to prove itself and show thats not a major weakness of ours because good field position can lose us a game.