PDA

View Full Version : What are you most proud about?

Elvis
11-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Now we are off to a flyin' 7-2 start this season after a 2-6 start last year. Turnovers have been the difference no doubt in my mind.
I have a lot of players that I am proud of this year so far and thought I would like to ask what everyone else's thoughts were.
WR Santonio Holmes has really been a nice compliment to Hines this year and a darn good no.1 guy when Hines was hurt those games missed.
All of our Secondary has been a nice suprise so far also I believe and Tomlin has made a big difference for those guys I think.
I just wish that FS Anthony Smith could be in on more INT's. He is a vicious hitter but he needs to play the ball as well.
And of course I am very proud of the way Big Ben has came back strong and maybe even better than our super bowl run.
Lets hear what ya think and have fun..
:tt02:

Atlanta Dan
11-17-2007, 03:08 PM
I will wait until the end of the season, which is a work in progress, to figure out who failed and who triumphed, but at this point I am impressed by the obvious - Ben returning to form, the tight ends finally becoming part of the offense, and Tomlin coaching up a team that took 2006 off

FWIW the Steelers also were 7-2 going into Thanksgiving weekend 2 years ago, which was followed by: OT loss to the Ravens - Monday night blowout loss to the Colts - turnover fest loss to the Bengals.

At that point I figured the season was lost and we know what happened after that:thumbsup:

7-2 is a long way from when we will be able to say what it was about this season that was a success and what was a failure

The Duke
11-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Secondary definitely, some dissapointed me a lot this year but now they seem to have gotten their game together, especially Ike, he's one of the best in my mind

IwantBigBenskids
11-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I agree, definately the secondary has been impressive. Remember though the breakout game the James Harrison had against the ravens, and as well he had 2 forced fumbles last week. He has done a great job this season stepping up in the absence of Joey Porter, he is the stand out player in my mind, and of course big ben's turnaround year.

I think Willie Parker runs for 200 yards today!!!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Definitly the way Ben has bounced back, from last season, and is leading the team. Great to see him playing the way he is. Also I like the way James Harrison (along with the rest of the D) has been playing thus far.

iloveben7
11-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Ben Roethlisberger

83-Steelers-43
11-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Up to this point, our secondary and defense as a whole really.

revefsreleets
11-17-2007, 06:03 PM
We have the worst offensive line of any 7-2 team in history. I credit Willie and Ben for that.

tony hipchest
11-17-2007, 06:10 PM
what im most proud about is a fine young head coach who should be in the burgh for many years, and that when you hear about him you just hear "coach tomlin" or "a great young head coach", or "a rising star at coach".

his color hasnt been affixed to who he is, and we havent heard anything about the rooney rule in a long time. hes just another coach. and he should go down in history as a great coach as opposed to a "great black head coach".

and who cant be proud of all the young emerging talents stepping up and playing like big timers (ben, heath, willie, and santonio along with troy, ike and harrison on defense)

findlayref
11-17-2007, 06:23 PM
what im most proud about is a fine young head coach who should be in the burgh for many years, and that when you hear about him you just hear "coach tomlin" or "a great young head coach", or "a rising star at coach".

his color hasnt been affixed to who he is, and we havent heard anything about the rooney rule in a long time. hes just another coach. and he should go down in history as a great coach as opposed to a "great black head coach".

and who cant be proud of all the young emerging talents stepping up and playing like big timers (ben, heath, willie, and santonio along with troy, ike and harrison on defense)

Well put :cheers:

Dittos:wave:

ChronoCross
11-17-2007, 07:03 PM
1. Proud of the Roonies decision on coach. They did not let us down again so far.
2. Proud of the Team in hole how they have played and gotten better each game.
3. Proud to be part of the of the best nation in football - Steelers Nation.

steel striker
11-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Well like most everyone i'm have been real happy with the return of Big Ben he looks great out there and is making great plays. The defense is solid and, sure we let two games get away from us but, we have learned from that. Most of all i'm happy that we are 7-2 and in first place of our division. Oh I almost forgot it was real nice to crush the ratbirds a few monday's ago as well.

HometownGal
11-17-2007, 08:06 PM

Great post Mr. Hipcheese! :cheers: I second those sentiments.

I am proud to be a fan of a team owned by the classiest and most honest family in the history of the NFL - an organization dedicated to its players and fans, who have personified the true meaning of the term "winning tradition". :tt02::tt02::thumbsup::cheers:

Preacher
11-17-2007, 08:10 PM

Absolutely. Great post.

You should post here more often! :wink02:

NV STEELERS 723
11-17-2007, 09:18 PM

Yes Tony....I'm w/ you too.. But can you sometimes use the capital letters ???:sofunny::cheers:

delhess
11-17-2007, 09:31 PM

yes, well put tony. i must also agree w/ other poster who said that our secondary was a pleasant surprise. in reality i credit tomlin for that fact, because i think he deserves all the credit.

proud of willie, proud of heath, santonio, cedrick, proud of james harrison, and proud and excited beyond my highest expectations about ben right now. wow, he is proving again that he is the real deal. it's good to be a steelers fan!!!

Elvis
11-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Good answers everyone. The only thing that I can think of that everyone is missing on is:
FB Davis has done a good job and I had questioned Tomlin on replacing Kreider with him..
:helmet:

SteelDogFan
11-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Taking the organization as a whole the thing I am most proud of over this last year is the Rooney's. For not only implementing the Rooney Rule, but then to go out and back what the stated and believed and hire an African American coach. Not because he is African American in order to support what they believe, but because they new he was the best candidate for the job.

Michael Keller
11-18-2007, 10:10 AM
The Rooney STANDARD of combining INTEGRITY, GOOD CITIZENSHIP WITH EXCELLENCE OF PLAY ON THE FIELD. There are many teams in the NFL that have mediocre to plain poor ownership. The Rooney's have no equal.

Their selection of coaches is evidence of their wisdom.

They set the culture and let the coaches coach.

I saw Robert Kraft being interviewed after they got cought with the camera on the sideline. Kraft made Bill Clinton look like he had the political skills of a high school student body president by comparisojn. Jerry Jones, Al Davis Wayne Huzeinga Sp?
,just terrible. There are some good ones out there but none like the Rooneys.

The true Dynasty is the Rooney family.

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 11:18 AM
1. I'm proud of the entire team (Faneca, too) for rallying behind their new coach. Tomlin seems to have a way of pulling out the best in them. We could have had a rebuilding year, stumbling our way in a new system, new defense. Kudos to Coach Tomlin for keeping Dick Lebeau and realizing that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. And if is broke, he takes steps to right the problem. The Steelers are always a work in progress, a tweak here, a tweak there. He was given keys to a Cadillac, and is turning it into a Ferrari, one game at a time. I'm so excited for the future of this team.

2. I'm proud of Ben Roethlisberger for taking the next step as leader of his team and proving he worthy of the responsibilities and roles they let him have this year. Nice job, Ben. I look forward to watching you lead the black and gold for many years to come.

3. I'm proud of James Harrison. When Porter was let go, he took full advantage of the opportunity to prove he could be even better than Joey was in his prime. You are worthy to be called a Steeler, James Harrison.

4. I'm proud of Santonio Holmes. I believe he was a young man at a fork in the road when he was drafted by the Steelers. A big thanks to Hine Ward and any other Steelers player who steered him to the right direction. Someday soon, you will be the star of our receiving corp. You and Ben make a great team.

5. I'm proud of the decision to finally utilize a talented TE named Heath Miller. You are a play maker, Heath.

6. I'm proud to be lifer Steelers fan. I'll take the good with the bad..........as long as they wear the black and gold. Thank you to the Rooney family for continuing the legacy of that great man with a vision, The Chief.

No matter how this season winds up, I'm confident the Rooneys put the right man at the helm. I foresee many more years of our beloved Steelers being contenders for the ultimate prize. Enjoy the ride, my friends!

Stlrs4Life
11-18-2007, 11:40 AM
We have the worst offensive line of any 7-2 team in history. I credit Willie and Ben for that.

So true. I am proud of Ben, Hines, Holmes and our bend but don't break defense. Oh, and Tomlin.

Michael Keller
11-18-2007, 11:47 AM
1. I'm proud of the entire team (Faneca, too) for rallying behind their new coach. Tomlin seems to have a way of pulling out the best in them. We could have had a rebuilding year, stumbling our way in a new system, new defense. Kudos to Coach Tomlin for keeping Dick Lebeau and realizing that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. And if is broke, he takes steps to right the problem. The Steelers are always a work in progress, a tweak here, a tweak there. He was given keys to a Cadillac, and is turning it into a Ferrari, one game at a time. I'm so excited for the future of this team.

2. I'm proud of Ben Roethlisberger for taking the next step as leader of his team and proving he worthy of the responsibilities and roles they let him have this year. Nice job, Ben. I look forward to watching you lead the black and gold for many years to come.

3. I'm proud of James Harrison. When Porter was let go, he took full advantage of the opportunity to prove he could be even better than Joey was in his prime. You are worthy to be called a Steeler, James Harrison.

4. I'm proud of Santonio Holmes. I believe he was a young man at a fork in the road when he was drafted by the Steelers. A big thanks to Hine Ward and any other Steelers player who steered him to the right direction. Someday soon, you will be the star of our receiving corp. You and Ben make a great team.

5. I'm proud of the decision to finally utilize a talented TE named Heath Miller. You are a play maker, Heath.

6. I'm proud to be lifer Steelers fan. I'll take the good with the bad..........as long as they wear the black and gold. Thank you to the Rooney family for continuing the legacy of that great man with a vision, The Chief.

No matter how this season winds up, I'm confident the Rooneys put the right man at the helm. I foresee many more years of our beloved Steelers being contenders for the ultimate prize. Enjoy the ride, my friends!

Steelers4me:

This was a great post. Nicely presented , I can see that you are a great fan.

thank you

Steeldude
11-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Remember though the breakout game the James Harrison had against the ravens, and as well he had 2 forced fumbles last week. He has done a great job this season stepping up in the absence of Joey Porter, he is the stand out player in my mind

I think Willie Parker runs for 200 yards today!!!

harrison has always created plays. problem was the steelers thought porter was better...lmao. anyone could have been put in porter's place and played better or the same. with porter you really weren't replacing anything but a mouth. i am glad the steelers finally let a better player start. next on the list to be replaced is foote. the guy is always getting mowed down.

how long will they let simmons start?

i seriously doubt parker runs for over 200 yards today. just like the broncos' games the steelers will play down to their opponent.

Steeldude
11-18-2007, 07:36 PM
i seriously doubt parker runs for over 200 yards today. just like the broncos' games the steelers will play down to their opponent.

you see? the steelers are just too predictable. an elite team is not predictable.

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 07:37 PM
you see? the steelers are just too predictable. an elite team is not predictable.

Way to call it buddy. I'll bet you're just thrilled about the loss, eh? Just so you could be right? Pathetic.