PDA

View Full Version : AFC North Crumbling

SteelDogFan
11-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Just two years ago everyone was talking about how the AFC North was on the rise and how the Bengals were now going to be one of the elite teams in the NFL. I thought this was good for the Steelers because the higher calibar teams you play the better you get.

Now look at the division its one of the weakest in the whole league. I don't even know if next year the Browns will stay in the hunt for the title even though I think Romeo will keep them playing good ball. The Bengals may be better next year they just have to make sure the dont have any external player issues. The Ravens may be heading for re-building years.

I dont know but I think its good to have good teams in the division it makes the Steelers a better team. Some may say no let all of the other teams be 1-15 and the Steelers win the division hands down thats just not my philosophy.

steel striker
11-18-2007, 09:04 AM
It is kind of funny how this year is going in our division because, alot of people picked us third. They said with a new coach and not sure how Ben is going to play with a new offense coordinator. People also thought after last year the ratbirds were 13-3 and, the bungles were on the rise. Instead were are at the top and Ben is having a great year. Plus the defense is playing well and, Willie is having a good year as well.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-18-2007, 09:09 AM
At least it's not as bad as the AFC East.

Atlanta Dan
11-18-2007, 09:15 AM
One of the weakest compared to what?

Even with the collapse of the Bengals & Ravens the AFC North probably will have 2 of the 6 AFC playoff teams (Steelers & Browns) and still is stronger than the AFC West and the AFC East (the private hunting preserve of the Pats).

And as for the NFL AAA league (aka the NFC) the AFC North certainly beats the NFC South and NFC West.

steelpride12
11-18-2007, 10:32 AM
It is kind of funny how this year is going in our division because, alot of people picked us third. They said with a new coach and not sure how Ben is going to play with a new offense coordinator. People also thought after last year the ratbirds were 13-3 and, the bungles were on the rise. Instead were are at the top and Ben is having a great year. Plus the defense is playing well and, Willie is having a good year as well.

haha i agree. I remember before the season all the analysts picked us third in the division calling the Ravens first, and Bungles seconds.
Thats a reason i don't care for or listen to analysts because its only their opinion which i could care less about.
The only thing or opinion i care about is my own and my fellow steeler fans!:tt02:

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Now look at the division its one of the weakest in the whole league.

Which division has an 0-9 and 1-8 team in it? Not the AFCN.

Stlrs4Life
11-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Parity in the NFL is exactly what they want, it makes them more $$$$$.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-18-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't think the AFCN is all that weak overall. Truthfully it could be the second best AFC division next to the South.

SteelDogFan
11-18-2007, 11:43 AM
This was not to be a comparison with other divisions. But to say the AFC North is not even close to what most thought it would be after the 2005 and 2006 season.

Edman
11-18-2007, 11:59 AM
The AFC North has 3 three teams that are still in the playoff hunt. Ravens, Browns, and Steelers.

The AFC Least has the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins. Though the Bills are on a roll right now, they'll unfortunately be demolished by the Pats today. Once again, only one team enters the playoffs out of the AFC East, the Cheatriots.

The North is definately not on the same line as the AFC South when it comes to competition, but it's far from crumbling. I do expect the Ravens to hit a down spell though.

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 12:23 PM
This was not to be a comparison with other divisions.

Now look at the division its one of the weakest in the whole league.

You may not have meant it to sound that way, but it did.