PDA

View Full Version : Do We Root For The Ravens Today?

Atlanta Dan
11-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Since the Ravens still need to play Indy , New England, and the Chargers, do we root for Billick + Ray-Ray against the Browns today to help the division title chase? I cannot see the Ravens possibly catching the Steelers..

That is what i am doing, but aside from my visceral hatred of the Ravens, it is hard to root for these guys - so far we had a Ravens DL punching Joe Thomas in the face after a fumble, a Ravens fumble on a punt, and Boller just threw a long INT that was reminiscent of 2006 Ben.:dang:

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm watching it on Sopcast - the Ravens have the same turnover disease we had last year. A lost fumble on a muffed punt and a lost fumble and INT by Boller already, but the Browns haven't fully capitalized. 10-0 Browns, 12:30 to go in the 2nd. That's what the Ratbirds get for resting on their laurels after going 13-3 last year:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=68#S=68&F=1897&T=532882

Kelly Gregg, Mike Anderson, Trevor Pryce, Ray Lewis, Jonathan Ogden, Samari Rolle, Chris McCalister, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed and Mike Flynn are all skipping voluntary practices this year.

"I am comfortable with the guys who we have here," Billick said. "Those who aren't, I am very comfortable knowing what they'll be able to do once they get here."

I don't know what to say really. I know it's just mini-camp, but you would think that after only two playoff seasons since 2001 and going one-and-out at home both times they would adopt an attitude to try to get better and over the hump. On top of that, Mcgahee predicted they would be playing in the Super Bowl on Total Access.

But hey, they won the North last year, so I guess they do have a reason to be confident.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=248734#post248734

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Sorry fellas, I hate the Ratbirds so bad I just cannot cheer them on. Go Brownies! Oh my god, did I just say that out loud?? :jawdrop: :dang:

If we would have blown it last week leaving us in a tie with the Browns at 6-3, would you feel the same way?

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Sorry fellas, I hate the Ratbirds so bad I just cannot cheer them on. Go Brownies! Oh my god, did I just say that out loud?? :jawdrop: :dang:yup , after the way they ran thier mouths after our game, i hope they lose the rest of thier games. theres nothing like reality biting ya on the ass, tthat humbles a person. you suck ray ray !!!

tony hipchest
11-18-2007, 02:03 PM
definitely pulling for the ravens, but moreso for the chargers and cheifs.

ohiosteelerfan20
11-18-2007, 02:04 PM
A tie would be good. But its 10-0 now and I am not sure the Ravens can score 10 points if the played til midnight.:sofunny:

The Duke
11-18-2007, 02:06 PM
I want the brownies to taste some victories, they kinda deserve them after so much years of sucking. Go Brownies!!

ohiosteelerfan20
11-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Ray Ray picks it off and runs like he's hiding the murder weapon

Edman
11-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Derek Anderson and the Browns are showing some mortality.

What a turnover-fest.

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 02:16 PM
I want the brownies to taste some victories, they kinda deserve them after so much years of sucking. Go Brownies!!

I'd have no problem with it if we had a lock on the division already. Since we don't, and the Browns have a weaker remaining schedule, I have to root against them today.

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 02:28 PM
HEY..... that's not a fair question!!!! That's like my wife asking me if a certain pair of pants makes her look fat! There's just no good way to answer a question like that! :dang:

What sopcast channel are you watching the game on?

Yeah, I know - I still feel dirty from rooting for the Cowboys against the Cheatriots. :yuck: :chuckle:

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/36835

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2007, 02:29 PM
HEY..... that's not a fair question!!!! That's like my wife asking me if a certain pair of pants makes her look fat! There's just no good way to answer a question like that! :dang:

What sopcast channel are you watching the game on?:jawdrop:....did you just call woodsongirl fat ? i'm telling...:chuckle:

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 02:34 PM
In other news, the Chiefs and Colts are tied 3-3 at the half. Go KC!

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Knock it off MOP..... or next time you're staying home from the tavernknuckle!!lol....i can't talk if i'm drinkin a beer...if only someone were to buy my beer.....:scratchchin:......:wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2007, 02:40 PM
In other news, the Chiefs and Colts are tied 3-3 at the half. Go KC!manning has got me 0 points thus far in my FF league....freakin bum !!! :banging:

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2007, 02:48 PM
That's blackmail!!! Okay..... I'll buy! :cheers:
blackmail is such an ugly word....i prefer to think of it as preserving your health...
you >:chair: < woodsongirl........:checkit:

Edman
11-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Clowns score on a short field. Sound familiar? 20-14 Cleveland.

stlrtruck
11-18-2007, 03:27 PM
I'd cheer for the ratbirds if we didn't sweep the stains already but since we have - to hell with the ratbirds!

ohiosteelerfan20
11-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Time for the Ravens to quit. Start pointing fingers, shifting blame.

Atlanta Dan
11-18-2007, 03:32 PM
100 yard Browns INT return - Billick should put in the Ohio State QB they drafted

Edman
11-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Ratbirds shit the bed again.

Whoa-Oh. Watch out for the Rats in Baltimore says Ray Lewis.:sofunny:

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Ratbirds shit the bed again.

Whoa-Oh. Watch out for the Rats in Baltimore says Ray Lewis.:sofunny:

"Blah blah blah, what'chew sayin', we won both those games! They just scored more points, is all! But we beat 'em! I can't wait to get those guys in Baltimore! Next year; that's when! We beat them! They didn't get to us, not at all! We still the dominant team in the AFC... in the AFC Central... We the team to beat! Blahblahblahblahblah! Humminahumminahummina!"

:toofunny:

revefsreleets
11-18-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm sorry, although the Browns are our long-term rival, I at least have respect for them.

The Rats are just the scum of the NFL. It offended me when I saw Steelers fans cheering for the Ravens today at the sports bar, and I was vocal about it.

CB1977
11-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks to some of you for cheering on my Brownies!! Damn...those Kardiac Kids are back again! I am sooooooooooooo glad we beat the hated Ravens.

Hey Modell....want some crow with your wine????

SteelerFan091472
11-18-2007, 09:52 PM
I didn't want the Browns to win because there schedule is the easiest on paper, but I tried to root for the Ravens and just couldn't garner any enthusiam for the Ravens. I just dislike that pathetic excuse for a franchise too much.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Time for the Ravens to quit. Start pointing fingers, shifting blame.

:crying01: Anyone catch the Billick post-game?

I'm debating whether Bob Stoops or Brian Billick is the bigger megalomaniac. I guess the reason they lost is that the officials should have turned a blind eye to the right call. Helps to deaden today's pain.