PDA

View Full Version : The Jets didn?t beat the Steelers. Bruce Arians did.

ShutDown24
11-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Run? Run? Pass, repeat, repeat?

We have no offensive coordinator

Side notes: Ike is a pro bowler; the refs might as well have not even been at the game.

stillers4ever
11-18-2007, 07:25 PM
i apologize in advance for my language but what the **** happened. this is exactly why statistics dont mean shit. it seems like every team we play has a ****in chip on their shoulder agaisnt us. willie parker had the shittiest game i have ever seen. i just put a hole through my wall because this is the most ridiculous shit i have ever seen PERIOD!!!

Sharkissle29
11-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Agreed.

ShutDown24
11-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Run...Run...Pass... If only I could get paid that kind of money to play call that...

Edman
11-18-2007, 07:36 PM
This is a spectacular team loss.

The Steelers were out-physicaled on both sides of the ball by the Jets. They didn't deserve to win this game period. The whole goddamn team sucked. The whole team, from Tomlin on down, gets an F minus. Today was nothing short of a bed-shitting by the Steelers. Elite teams don't lose to 1-8 teams.

Welp, another week of avoiding the newspaper and ESPN.

This team will get to the playoffs, but they won't go far. Not with this pathetic O-Line. That's too weeks in a row that they allowed 5+ sacks to awful defenses.

ShutDown24
11-18-2007, 07:38 PM
This is a spectacular team loss.

The Steelers were out-physicaled on both sides of the ball by the Jets. They didn't deserve to win this game period. The whole goddamn team sucked. The whole team, from Tomlin on down, gets an F minus. Today was nothing short of a bed-shitting by the Steelers. Elite teams don't lose to 1-8 teams.

Welp, another week of avoiding the newspaper and ESPN.

This team will get to the playoffs, but they won't go far. Not with this pathetic O-Line. That's too weeks in a row that they allowed 5+ sacks to awful defenses.

Of course the O-line is going to allow sacks if they have to go for multiple third and longs on every possesion??? And why do they have to do that? They run on EVERY first down and most second downs.

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Run...Run...Pass... If only I could get paid that kind of money to play call that...oh but wait.....isn't this the game plan that WOULD have beatin the broncos ?

RunWillieRun
11-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Is everyone ready for Ben to be thanking his O-line for the great performance today like he always does?

ShutDown24
11-18-2007, 07:42 PM
oh but wait.....isn't this the game plan that WOULD have beatin the broncos ?

Exactley.

tony hipchest
11-18-2007, 07:43 PM
i apologize in advance for my language but what the **** happened. this is exactly why statistics dont mean shit. it seems like every team we play has a ****in chip on their shoulder agaisnt us. willie parker had the shittiest game i have ever seen. i just put a hole through my wall because this is the most ridiculous shit i have ever seen PERIOD!!!as long as you dont put a slug into your significant others head, i guess we are ok.

ShutDown24
11-18-2007, 07:45 PM
as long as you dont put a slug into your significant others head, i guess we are ok.

How bout we put a slug in... Woops, nevermind...

therocksteeler
11-18-2007, 07:47 PM
I am simply speechless as for the reason of this loss.....I have only advice to our Offensive Cordinator....Hey!!!!!...... its called a freaking "slant" play, short yardage means more yardage and it beats the rush!

Geeeeeesh.........I heard even the Patriots stopped filming our game after the first half......ok I feel better sorry....Hope we turn this loss into a memory tool for the future.

HometownGal
11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
i apologize in advance for my language but what the **** happened. this is exactly why statistics dont mean shit. it seems like every team we play has a ****in chip on their shoulder agaisnt us. willie parker had the shittiest game i have ever seen. i just put a hole through my wall because this is the most ridiculous shit i have ever seen PERIOD!!!

WOW. :jawdrop: Over a football game? WOW.

I can't pin the blame for this loss on one particular player, coach or unit. They all equally contributed to this debacle. Sad as it is to say - up until the Leon Washington punt return (sorry Danny - that was one of your few bad punts thus far) ST's played the best out of all of the Steelers' units and that isn't saying all that much. This one was definitely a TEAM loss from the coaches on down.

ShutDown24
11-18-2007, 07:49 PM
I am simply speechless as for the reason of this loss.....I have only advice to our Offensive Cordinator....Hey!!!!!...... its called a freaking "slant" play, short yardage means more yardage and it beats the rush!

Geeeeeesh.........I heard even the Patriots stopped filming our game after the first half......ok I feel better sorry....Hope we turn this loss into a memory tool for the future.

lol, they just need to remember three words in succession and they don't need to study any film...

Steel_Bus_24
11-18-2007, 07:50 PM
What a clusterF*** of a game!!!!

Across the board we played like garbage! Our O-line got shoved around by one of the weakest Ds in the league, and looked like a bunch wimps. Thats right I said it wimps, weak and pathetic wimps!!!

Our TE's were fanning on numerous blocks in the run game and pass game

Willie can't keep his footing for his life even on grassy turf, though as I mentioned the line didn't help out

Our D gave up a 100 yd rusher, and let a mediocre Clemons make enough plays to win....which should never freaking happen because we have a the #1 D!!! Our tackling was completely abysmal

And of course, I knew STs couldn't hide its true colors all game, and showed its ugly face in OT!! Nice punt there Sep, punting right down the middle! WTF

And finally the most concerning thing was the lack of emotion, where was your freaking heart Steelers???!! Barely any fire out there at all. And I blame this on Tomlin, I thought he would have had this team focused and playing consistent football by now, especially after last week. Anyone catch what Sims said on the broadcast, about Tomlin thinking he doesn't need to tell the team about trap games??I think you better now buddy

Sorry that was harsh but its all the truth....we keep demonstrating how immature we are with these mindbogglingly games. We all know this team is capable of great things when they're focused. I love the Steelers and believe they can get it fixed, we still have a hell of a lot of talent. I really just think its a matter of Tomlin stepping up and throwing their crap play into their face and making them realize that they are human and that they better come to play for the entire 60 mins

Steeldude
11-18-2007, 07:52 PM
what? nobody liked the steelers setting up the punt with a draw on 3rd and long in OT? LMAO! they did it earlier to set up a FG. why not go for a 1st down and keep the chains moving? sadly this playcall will never end. the steelers for as long as i can remember love to run the draw on 3rd long no matter where they are on the field or what the score happens to be.

i thought cowher ball was done. the steelers played not to lose and it killed them again.

ShutDown24
Wilie can't keep his footing if he's not on the field... Why didn't they just come out and say Davenport was the starter...

beer72
WTF !!:rocket: I thought we were over giving away games last two steelers drives were so predicktable back to the same ol s**t

therocksteeler
11-18-2007, 07:56 PM
OMG...just watched Eric Mangini being interviewed on ESPN. This guy looks like for fun he blows bubbles in front yard cause he likes to stare at the pretty colors! Still hard to stomach this loss....grrrrrrr

Steeldude
11-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Is everyone ready for Ben to be thanking his O-line for the great performance today like he always does?

what BR needs to do is stop being a wuss and tell the truth. anyone else remember dan marino screaming at his O-line when they screwed up? i sure did. why put up with such pathetic play and keep silent about it. he is supposed to be the leader. a leader does not say everything it ok when it isn't. was lambert content with subpar efforts and plays? hell no.

the jets have one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL. fortunately for them they played the worst pass protection unit in the NFL.

Michael Keller
11-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I "m upset we are all up set. THE FACTS ARE VERY CLEAR TO ME.

#1-We have extremely poor special teams play. It is pitiful the way we chose to kick off today. It is an admission of the Steeler's major wekness. We lose on a bad punt and bad punt coverage

#2-Our offensive line is well blow average . Phil Simms does know what he nis talking about.

ShutDown24
11-18-2007, 07:58 PM
What Ben needs to do is take the mic out of his helmet and call his own plays.

Stlrs4Life
11-18-2007, 08:00 PM
We are not an elite team. We are just an average football team right now.

Our OL has been in decline for a long time now, and our running game has been non existant in the past 3 games. Imagine how much better Ben would be with a better OL. He would basically be Tom Brady.

Atlanta Dan
11-18-2007, 08:02 PM
what BR needs to do is stop being a wuss and tell the truth. anyone else remember dan marino screaming at his O-line when they screwed up? i sure did. why put up with such pathetic play and keep silent about it. he is supposed to be the leader. a leader does not say everything it ok when it isn't. was lambert content with subpar efforts and plays? hell no.

the jets have one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL. fortunately for them they played the worst pass protection unit in the NFL.

IMO he starts screaming after Faneca leaves - Faneca is supposed to be the leader that slaps the OL into shape - guess again

Steel Warrior
11-18-2007, 08:02 PM
The two posessions after our go ahead FG were simply mindboggling! First series, run, run, sack; second series, run, run, sack. We were only ahead by 3, keep the pedal to the metal and try to score more friggin points! We couldn't run and many of the sacks were coverage sacks. How many players did the jets have on the field?
:smoker:

bw87a
11-18-2007, 08:03 PM
i think i'm just sick over the fact that we were 3rd and 14 in OT and decided to run the ball

jjpro11
11-18-2007, 08:05 PM
i fthis were 2004 or 2005, we simply run the clock out after taking the lead and getting the ball back.. our oline cant get a push for the life of them and our running backs cannot break tackles. davenport had a couple nice 3rd down conversions, but anything before that is horrible.

revefsreleets
11-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Arians can call any gameplan he wants. We don't have the OL needed to execute it. We may have the worst offensive line in the NFL. And Faneca whiffed several times today as well.

My biggest worry is that if the Jets actually had quality personnel on both sides of the ball, they might have beaten us by 3 TD's.

Stlrs4Life
11-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Arians can call any gameplan he wants. We don't have the OL needed to execute it. We may have the worst offensive line in the NFL. And Faneca whiffed several times today as well.

My biggest worry is that if the Jets actually had quality personnel on both sides of the ball, they might have beaten us by 3 TD's.

Exactly! Well said revefsreleets!:cheers: