PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys finally stop talking about how good we are

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 07:24 PM
We are mediocre

SteelCityMan786
11-18-2007, 07:25 PM
No, we are not a bunch of pesimists. We're a group of optimists.

Sharkissle29
11-18-2007, 07:27 PM
hate to say it but you're right. good football teams dont lose to the jets, cardinals, and broncos. im sry but im not even mad anymore, i've accepted the fact theres no way we wil beat the patriots....let the bashing begin, i can careless...thats my opinion

The Duke
11-18-2007, 07:28 PM
not mediocre, but not elite either. but seriously dude, believe in your team, especially if they're still in the 1ts quarter

Steelers
11-18-2007, 07:29 PM
We S-U-C-K.

chuck
11-18-2007, 07:30 PM
I thought Bill Cowher retiered. What the heck kind of play calling was that? I thought Tomlin was going to bring us out of the conservative era, but I guess I was wrong.

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 07:30 PM
No, we have a bunch of spoiled, crybaby fans. Nothing more, nothing less.

meelanova
11-18-2007, 07:31 PM
not mediocre, but not elite either. but seriously dude, believe in your team, especially if they're still in the 1ts quarter

Agreed, aren't we still atop the AFC North by a few games?

ShutDown24
11-18-2007, 07:31 PM
No, we are not mediocre. We are the third or second best team in the league. If we had a play caller on offense, we could be the best team in the league. Anyone who thinks this team is mediocre is under some severe shock and needs to wait a while before posting again.

jjpro11
11-18-2007, 07:43 PM
we have no ****ing discipline and have serious issues getting motivated for away games we think are "in the bag".

silver & black
11-18-2007, 08:30 PM
We S-U-C-K.

Hmmm. :jawdrop:

I can think of a team that would kill to suck like the Steelers.

NV STEELERS 723
11-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Yea we really suck...we should just lose the rest of our games and get a good draft pick to replace Alan Faneca:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging ::banging:

Steeldude
11-18-2007, 08:35 PM
i won't say the steelers are bad, but they certainly aren't elite. on a scale from 1 to 10, 5 being average, i give the steelers a 7. that's only because the rest of the NFL is so bad.

you can't be an elite team with such a poor O-line every week.

the problem doesn't seem to be one that is correctable this year. that is what's so troubling.

MACH1
11-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Hmmm. :jawdrop:

I can think of a team that would kill to suck like the Steelers.

The Bungals? :sofunny:

silver & black
11-18-2007, 08:41 PM
The Bungals? :sofunny:

um... well, probably.:sofunny:

Steelfan4ever
11-18-2007, 08:44 PM
The three games we've lost are definately frustrating and I like most, was sitting in front of the TV and cursing at the Steelers today. We are not a bad team but agreed we are not elete and ready to be compared to the Patriots.

I was a little confused by some of the play calling today as well and compared to some of their recent games, were VERY flat today. Kind of like the games against the Broncos and Cardinals. Too bad we can't play all our games at home.

Question for all:

Do you think Davenport might do better running the ball if given a chance at it consistantly? That being said, I do agree that the bigger problem is the O line.

Steel_Bus_24
11-18-2007, 08:45 PM
I really think its Tomlin not shoving their crap play into their faces and making them realize that they aren't gods and that they have to play hard for an entire game.

Ive got the sense all year that Tomlin hasn't been calling guys out because he was worried about what they think of him..i.e..losing respect. Well the time for that BS is over, He needs to get in their face an challenge them. Because we are on the verge of a complete collapse if this continues....our hardest part of our schedule is still ahead of us

X-Terminator
11-18-2007, 08:49 PM
I really think its Tomlin not shoving their crap play into their faces and making them realize that they aren't gods and that they have to play hard for an entire game.

Ive got the since all year that Tomlin hasn't been calling guys out because he was worried about what they think of him..i.e..losing respect. Well the time for that BS is over, He needs to get in their face an challenge them. Because we are on the verge of a complete collapse if this continues....our hardest part of our schedule is still ahead of us

The hardest part of our schedule is ahead of us? WTF??? The only legit good teams left down the stretch that we play are the Pats and Jaguars. We still have the Dolphins, Bungles, Lambs and Rats left on the schedule. Those are 4 wins if we play to our potential. Playing to our potential being the key words...

OneForTheToe
11-18-2007, 08:53 PM
There are about 25 other teams that wish they were as mediocre as us. We have still played better over the last three weeks than the Colts. The Chargers still suck so I'd say we are still elite in the AFC with the exception of one team.

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 08:54 PM

No? How many times have we dropped two in a row this year?

GBMelBlount
11-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Let's just hope OL is an aberration. IMO, when we fire on all cylinders we can play with anyone.

Stlrs4Life
11-18-2007, 08:57 PM
hate to say it but you're right. good football teams dont lose to the jets, cardinals, and broncos. im sry but im not even mad anymore, i've accepted the fact theres no way we wil beat the patriots....let the bashing begin, i can careless...thats my opinion

Two losses that we can probably write down are to the Pats, and Jags. So, in my book, we go 4-2 the rest of the way.

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Let's just hope OL is an aberration.

I was holding out hope for that to be the case after that suckfest the OL displayed against the Browns, but after allowing 7 sacks to a team that came into the game with 9 for the entire season so far, I can no longer sugarcoat it. The OL sucks. Out loud. It will be the biggest reason we may win a home WC game and get unceremoniously bounced from the playoffs in the divisional round. But I'll take that kind of finish over the train wreck that was 2006 any day of the week.

Steelfan4ever
11-18-2007, 09:01 PM
and win the division as well

BozMan
11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Cleveland has a soft schedule the rest of the way (Houston, @Arizona, @Jets, Buffalo, @Cinci, SF). It would not be that big of a shock if they won out. 11-5 might not be good enough for the Steelers to win the division.

Steel Warrior
11-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Cleveland has a soft schedule the rest of the way (Houston, @Arizona, @Jets, Buffalo, @Cinci, SF). It would not be that big of a shock if they won out. 11-5 might not be good enough for the Steelers to win the division.

How's that a soft schedule seeing how the Jets and Cards beat us? Oops, I see your point, the stains won't lose those games.
:smoker:

Michael Keller
11-18-2007, 09:16 PM
How could any body who knows anyrhing at all blame the offensive coordinator. The game is played by PLAYERS EXECUTING. Neither Parker or Davenport had any hole to run through. The O line was over matched and Ben was sacked 7 times and had to run for his life.

If you going to blame any coaches blame the Special Teams Coaches and I will join you. We are fall way short where special team are a weapon that produces points.

We are scared to death and it shows when we kick off to the opponents 20 yard line. PITIFUL and COWARDICE. This is Tomlin's first real challange. It will be intersting to see how he handles this . Personaly I would advocate "overreacting" FIRE THE SPECIAL TEAMS COACHES.

Get a high school coach to volunteer on Sundays.

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 09:29 PM
How's that a soft schedule seeing how the Jets and Cards beat us? Oops, I see your point, the stains won't lose those games.

Did you see how they won their game against the Ratbirds today? Pure, dumb luck. The Browns will not win out.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Did you see how they won their game against the Ratbirds today? Pure, dumb luck. The Browns will not win out.

Sometimes its better to be lucky then good...lol I'm just saying we have two really tough games against the Pats and Jags back to back.....Its very easily to think we could lose both of those games.....Plus with the way this team has played on the road this year....Those back to back road games at St. Louis and Baltimore are looking like bigger tests for this team....

The rest of the Browns schedule is a joke......I really don't see them losing two more games.......

ChronoCross
11-18-2007, 09:41 PM
So far we have played down to are competition on the road.. how sweet...

Build a O Line a SuperBowl will come.

Do not fix the O line, we will have more of this games.. Its so easy to stop the run with are O line the way it is.

Not to mention we did not play to win the game. Why sometimes on 3rd and long we did not pass and we played hand it off. When weeks before we would complete a 3rd and long to Heath, are ward, are holmes. are washington. Oh yea great way to try and play field position in overtime. Should of put the ball in Bens hands anyways. Sometimes he gets away from the defense and could of possible made the play.

It also did not help with 100 yards in penalties.

We have 3 more home games and 3 more away games. We need to keep ahead of the browns in order to make the playoffs. I just hate going on the road in the playoffs since it seems to me tomlin does not prepair this team well for on the road games.

Stuff needs to be fixed. And one thing that will not be fixed before the playoffs is the O line..

Since the playoffs is all good teams, maybe we do play to the level we need to play and win. But we can only hope for that..

BozMan
11-18-2007, 09:44 PM

I hope they don't, but they seem to be having a lot of pure, dumb luck this year. One would think that their luck would eventually run out. Even still, I won't be resting easy until I see a "z" next to Pittsburgh in the NFL standings.

HometownGal
11-18-2007, 09:48 PM
We S-U-C-K.

O M F G. You need to change your moniker to FWF. Spoiled Steelers brat.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-18-2007, 09:50 PM
No, we are not mediocre. We are the third or second best team in the league. If we had a play caller on offense, we could be the best team in the league. Anyone who thinks this team is mediocre is under some severe shock and needs to wait a while before posting again.

We have a really good team with a crappy offensive line.

Not much different than a beautiful boat with a hole in the keel. Sooner or later you are going to sink.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-18-2007, 09:52 PM

Couldn't agree more. But then what do you expect from Paris Hilton.

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 09:52 PM
I can't believe I'm actually reading some of this crap.

HometownGal
11-18-2007, 09:54 PM
I can't believe I'm actually reading some of this crap.

Isn't it positively embarrassing that some of these people call themselves Steelers fans?

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Isn't it positively embarrassing that some of these people call themselves Steelers fans?

There was this one guy at Martino's today that I was ready punch. For gawds sake.......if your going to bad mouth your own team, stay at home so the rest of us can "enjoy" the game!

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I hope they don't, but they seem to be having a lot of pure, dumb luck this year. One would think that their luck would eventually run out. Even still, I won't be resting easy until I see a "z" next to Pittsburgh in the NFL standings.

OK - their winning three straight earlier this season was the talk of the century, and now I'm supposed to believe they'll rip off their last 7 in a row? They've improved, but not THAT much, sorry.

chenzzo
11-18-2007, 10:42 PM
You know what guys? I consider myself a steeler fan and have been all my life, but sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade. The Steelers team that played today, sucked. They came out and did a whole lot of nothing on every side of the ball. I rooted for them to win, I counted on them to pull it out, so I don't want to hear anyone question my fanhood. If I wasn't a real fan, I wouldn't care that it looked like THEY didn't care.

I'm not questioning coaching either, I'm talking about the guys actually out there on the field NOT making plays. We (I guess I should say THEY, but I feel like a part of the tean, which is why I hate an embarrassing loss like this) , let an 1-8 team totally dominate us. We let them run all over us, I mean how many high profile RB's have come up against us only to get held under 100 yards? This guy is averaging right around 70 per game and our USUALLY awesome run defense, couldn't stop him? I'm almost hoarse from screaming "Tackle that guy already" over and over. What causes that? Are the Jet's a better team than the Steelers? I don't believe it for a second, and that is what makes me so mad.

And what is with Ben's protection? How can the Jets be averaging 1 sack per game and then get freakin' 7 against us? Explain how this happens, when everything shows that they are a sub-par team.

I have always believed that with the skill level of the the competing teams being relatively equal, that the team with more drive and more desire to win is going to walk off with the win, so when I see a game like this, where I KNOW the skill levels are NOT equal and I KNOW that my team is superior, it just gets me so mad, when they don't show the desire to win.

I don't believe my Steelers are a bad team, but in a couple of games this year, they've done everything they could to make me and anyone else that's watching the game believe otherwise.

So, clean slate time, put the past behind and Let's Go STEELERS

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Agreed, aren't we still atop the AFC North by a few games?

My high school would be leading this division by two games

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 10:50 PM

ur smoking so much bud if you think we are the second best team in the league...

Patriots
Cowboys
Packers
Colts

at least are better and I think there are maybe 1-2 others that are better...

We need to fire our OC this off season, we have lost any true identity on offense and seem to rely soley on broken plays to move the ball

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 10:50 PM

Yeah, sure it would. :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
11-18-2007, 10:53 PM
i think i will talk about whatever the hell i damn well please, thank you. :smile:

HometownGal
11-18-2007, 10:54 PM
ur smoking so much bud if you think we are the second best team in the league...

Patriots
Cowboys
Packers
Colts

We need to fire our OC this off season, we have lost any true identity on offense and seem to rely soley on broken plays to move the ball

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: Stop it silver - you're killing me. :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Me thinks you'd better put down what you're smokin'.

Preacher
11-18-2007, 10:59 PM

:tap:

Maybe we understand the posts just a little bit better now!

tony hipchest
11-18-2007, 11:00 PM
My high school....

oh. that says all i needed to know. on to the next thread.

:yeehaw:

Preacher
And dang it..

Got too bored too soon... ended up coming back.

X-Terminator

Patriots
Cowboys
Packers
Colts

Well it sure didn't take long before that good old "let's fire everyone" sentiment came to the forefront.

If you really think Arians should be fired because of our ineptitude on the OL, then you really need to start paying attention to the game. The best game plan in the world isn't going to mean jack shit if the horses up front don't get the job done.

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 11:02 PM
And dang it..

Got too bored too soon... ended up coming back.

It's OK, Preacher - only 8 days until the next game. :banging:

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 11:04 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: Stop it silver - you're killing me. :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Me thinks you'd better put down what you're smokin'.

Truth hurts huh... You look at the games... The games in which we move the ball most the plays involve Ben breaking a tackle moving outside the pocket and our WR's getting open because ben extends the plays....

Its just the truth

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 11:05 PM
It's after 11:00......bedtime!

silver2000svt
oh. that says all i needed to know. on to the next thread.

:yeehaw:

I'm 33 idiot... I meant the high school I graduated from...

Preacher
It's OK, Preacher - only 8 days until the next game. :banging:

LOL...

thats ok.

Football isn't my life.

I am a fan. I enjoy the game. I love the team. I buy whatever I can that sports the Steelers Logo.

But... and this is the AMAZING thing.

Tomorrow, I have things I have to do. I actually like my life. I have a job I enjoy. I have a family I love.

So while I will miss watching the Steelers next Sunday, I really don't have a worry.

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Truth hurts huh... You look at the games... The games in which we move the ball most the plays involve Ben breaking a tackle moving outside the pocket and our WR's getting open because ben extends the plays....

Its just the truth

Yes, because his protection breaks down - how is that Arians' fault?

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 11:07 PM
LOL...

thats ok.

Football isn't my life.

Well, mine neither - but its gonna be a real pleasure to be around here from a moderator standpoint until then, believe me.

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Yes, because his protection breaks down - how is that Arians' fault?

Ariens fault lies in the game planning itself... We allowed the two worst run defense teams to dictate how we attacked them...

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm 33 idiot... I meant the high school I graduated from...

Cool it with the insults.

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Ariens fault lies in the game planning itself... We allowed the two worst run defense teams to dictate how we attacked them...

Sure, by not blocking worth a damn. Again, how is that Arians' fault?

X-Terminator
11-18-2007, 11:09 PM

And again, it didn't work because our OL played like crap. So once again, how is that Arians' fault?

Steel Warrior
11-18-2007, 11:10 PM
If your WRs don't get open, the QB is gonna get killed. Or, is Ben afraid to thread the needle? We need more simple dump out and slant plays.

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Cool it with the insults.

So the insults my way are alright... Thats peachy... You don't have to put the word idiot in a reply to call someone an idiot, so don't be a hypocrit about that please... I will refrain from direct insults though, thats my bad...

Preacher
11-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Well, mine neither - but its gonna be a real pleasure to be around here from a moderator standpoint until then, believe me.

Yep.

I can beleive that.

Sadly, I am bored... and trying to stay awake until about 11... so i had to come back on.. or fall asleep and screw up my sleeping schedule.

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 11:12 PM
And again, it didn't work because our OL played like crap. So once again, how is that Arians' fault?

I guess Arians is a god my bad...

The play calling is terrible... Case and point the 3rd and 13 in OT... If you punt there you probably lose, you need to attempt to get a first down, not that crap that we pulled

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 11:13 PM
So the insults my way are alright... Thats peachy... You don't have to put the word idiot in a reply to call someone an idiot, so don't be a hypocrit about that please... I will refrain from direct insults though, thats my bad...

There's a HUGE difference between disagreeing with someone and insulting them.

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 11:13 PM
We had a bad game........it happens. (except to the Patriots.......... they are the best football team that ever walked on the planet earth :hunch:)

That's why they call it an upset........when an underdog beats a good team. That's what we are .......a good team that played poorly today.

Movin' on. The Fins are comin' to our House. Welcome home, Joey.

SteelFist
11-18-2007, 11:14 PM

The play calling is terrible... Case and point the 3rd and 13 in OT... If you punt there you probably lose, you need to attempt to get a first down, not that crap that we pulled

What did we pull??

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 11:15 PM
There's a HUGE difference between disagreeing with someone and insulting them.

It was implied I was an idiot and still in high school... no difference at all... But ur point is taken, and I will refrain from direct insults

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 11:16 PM
What did we pull??

Did you not watch the last offensive play we had in OT????????????????

chenzzo
11-18-2007, 11:17 PM

Steelfist missed the game today.

X-Terminator
11-18-2007, 11:17 PM

Nice leap of faith there.

I do take issue with some of his play calls, most notably that particular call (though I understand to a point why he did it - J.P. Losman threw an interception tonight in the same situation that led to the Pats' first score). But I had no issues with the overall game plan.

SteelFist
11-18-2007, 11:18 PM

No. I didn't get to see the game at all. No sarcasm either. I want to know want to know what happened.

Steelfan4ever
11-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Sorry but I have to agree that today's O line debacle is not the fault of Arians. We paraised him for his play calling in the prior games this year but we are ready to crucify him tonight over this game.

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Sorry but I have to agree that today's O line debacle is not the fault of Arians. We paraised him for his play calling in the prior games this year but we are ready to crucify him tonight over this game.

I have not been impressed with his play calling all year... I think he shows his inexperience a lot... Its the calls on crucial downs that just mistify me and giving up on the run so easily...

tony hipchest
11-18-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm 33 idiot... I meant the high school I graduated from...lol

im sure HS football has changed alot in 2 years :rolleyes:

BozMan
11-18-2007, 11:22 PM

Arians probably called a draw handoff on that play because he was afraid of the o-line giving up yet another sack. And if we get sacked there, Sepulveda is punting out of his own endzone. All of which goes to show how bad the OL is.

Steelfan4ever
11-18-2007, 11:23 PM
I will agree with what you say about giving up on the run to soon.

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 11:23 PM
lol

Zing!

Preacher
11-18-2007, 11:24 PM
I have not been impressed with his play calling all year... I think he shows his inexperience a lot... Its the calls on crucial downs that just mistify me and giving up on the run so easily...

I don't understand.

Our offensive line doesn't have the ability to open up any holes in for the RB. So the way to fix it... is by running our RB at a non-existant hole in the line?

That is a recipe for more losses.

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 11:25 PM
lol

Case in point moderator...

If you'd like battle on educational credetials, I am sure I can hold my own with most...

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Zing!

wow, that was such a good comeback, ur right, i'm so embarrassed... Wow... All I hear from some ignorant people is

:blah::blah::blah:

Steelfan4ever
11-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Maybe thats because he knows the o line can't open up holes for the run and he has seen the pass is about the only thing that works right now. Its scary that its a copycat league and all of our future opponets will see todays film and what the Jets did. Teams with better skill players just might execute their scheme even better.

Time for the STEELERS to get on their game like in the Super Bowl year!!

chenzzo
11-18-2007, 11:27 PM
I don't understand.

Our offensive line doesn't have the ability to open up any holes in for the RB. So the way to fix it... is by running our RB at a non-existant hole in the line?

That is a recipe for more losses.

Right on Preach, the only thing more aggravating than seeing them give up on the run game is seeing them keep running FWP right into a solid wall of defenders...over and over and over, etc. I watch other teams play and wonder how it is that their backs can actually run up the middle of the field and make positive yardage, it's like magic.

X-Terminator
11-18-2007, 11:32 PM

Hold it!

He gave up on the run too easily? Then how come we ran the ball 33 times against 25 passes today? I'll give you the play calling argument, because AT TIMES it has been questionable, but there's no way he can be blamed for not running the ball, especially tonight. It's HIS fault the OL can't run block worth a damn?

tony hipchest
11-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Case in point moderator...

If you'd like battle on educational credetials, I am sure I can hold my own with most...watch who you call idiot, as you quote your high school football team, when you are instructing others what to think and say...

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 11:39 PM
watch who you call idiot, as you quote your high school football team, when you are instructing others what to think and say...

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/smilies/ohnoes.gif

HometownGal
11-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Right on Preach, the only thing more aggravating than seeing them give up on the run game is seeing them keep running FWP right into a solid wall of defenders...over and over and over, etc. I watch other teams play and wonder how it is that their backs can actually run up the middle of the field and make positive yardage, it's like magic.

FWP has never been a north/south back - he's more effective on the end-arounds. We're supposed to be using Pooper to bust through the middle and he did so effectively several times today.

HometownGal
11-18-2007, 11:44 PM
wow, that was such a good comeback, ur right, i'm so embarrassed... Wow... All I hear from some ignorant people is

:blah::blah::blah:

Hey hey hey - knock it off with the insults, k? You should have received the little gift I sent you already.

chenzzo
11-18-2007, 11:45 PM
FWP has never been a north/south back - he's more effective on the end-arounds. We're supposed to be using Pooper to bust through the middle and he did so effectively several times today.

I agree, but it seems that they run him up the middle a lot more than they do around the ends.

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Hey hey hey - knock it off with the insults, k? You should have received the little gift I sent you already.

reply sent, and that quote was early and contained no direct insult to anyone

Preacher
11-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Hold it!

He gave up on the run too easily? Then how come we ran the ball 33 times against 25 passes today? I'll give you the play calling argument, because AT TIMES it has been questionable, but there's no way he can be blamed for not running the ball, especially tonight. It's HIS fault the OL can't run block worth a damn?

Dang it.

That logic thing is a killer!!!

LVSteelersfan
11-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Arians' playcalling in the last two games is atrocious. QUIT RUNNING WILLIE UP THE MIDDLE ON FIRST DOWN EVERY TIME. There is no hole. Run him to the OUTSIDE. And draw plays on fourth and long. COME ON. I am not saying the team played well but the play calls SUCKED. Losing to a 1-8 team is an EMBARASSMENT. But, I am a glutton for punishment, still love the team, and think they will get better as time goes along.

tony hipchest
11-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Arians' playcalling in the last two games is atrocious. QUIT RUNNING WILLIE UP THE MIDDLE ON FIRST DOWN EVERY TIME. There is no hole. Run him to the OUTSIDE. And draw plays on fourth and long. COME ON. I am not saying the team played well but the play calls SUCKED. Losing to a 1-8 team is an EMBARASSMENT. But, I am a glutton for punishment, still love the team, and think they will get better as time goes along.but after the denver game, everybody ripped arians for not running willie. i guess hes damned if he do, damned if he dont.

Preacher
11-19-2007, 12:16 AM
but after the denver game, everybody ripped arians for not running willie. i guess hes damned if he do, damned if he dont.

So what we should do is run willie... without running willie!! :sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
11-19-2007, 12:17 AM
but after the denver game, everybody ripped arians for not running willie. i guess hes damned if he do, damned if he dont.amazing ain't it ?

The Duke
11-19-2007, 12:21 AM
So what we should do is run willie... without running willie!! :sofunny:

just imagine how many fumbles he's gonna get :toofunny:

24seven
11-19-2007, 12:22 AM
They just gave up period.. They didn't look like they wanted to win no matter what.. And the conservative play calling reminded me of Holmgren in SB XL.. This was a pathetic performance all around and they deserved to lose.. We took so many opportunities and just threw em out the window.. Maybe they didn't seem like much but ITS WORTH A SHOT!!!! Downing it to end the half and to go into overtime.. then draw plays to Davis who rarely EVER gets the ball.. just to punt or kick a field goal.. They lost there will to win imo.. I couldn't hardly bare to watch after they gave it up in the first o/t series.. You just had a feel that this was gonna be it and sure enough he runs right by everyone.. Like 3 or 4 guys got an arm out but didn't even hardly make a move for the tackle.. We got a long ways to go if we even wann look like somebody against the Pats.. Were gonna look like Buffalo did tonight if we go out playin like that.. And our D.. omg.. Brady would have another record breaking night .. Lets just say I didn't wear my Steelers jacket to the supermarket today.. PICK IT UP STEELERS!! you ain't won shit yet!!!

Steeldude
11-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Let's just hope OL is an aberration. IMO, when we fire on all cylinders we can play with anyone.

uh mel, you do realize that the O-line has played poorly all year?

BozMan
11-19-2007, 12:26 AM
The one instance where Arians play calling was bad IMO was the following:

Steelers had the ball and a 3-point lead with about 4 minutes left in regulation. Their first two plays in the series were runs, and this time, they actually got some positive yardage. Willie got 2 yards on first down and then 6 yards on second down. They had what should have been a very manageable 3rd and 2.

What does Arians call? A pass. What happens.... SACK. WTF????

We absolutely needed a first down there. This is the spot for a safe, conservative, high -percentage play call. No time to get cute. Ben can QB sneak on that 3rd and 2 for a first down a high percentage of the time. With the way Najeh and (finally) Willie were moving the ball, I thought for sure their running game could manage a measely 2 yards with either WP, ND, or Ben.

tony hipchest
11-19-2007, 12:29 AM
The one instance where Arians play calling was bad IMO was the following:

Steelers had the ball and a 3-point lead with about 4 minutes left in regulation. Their first two plays in the series were runs, and this time, they actually got some positive yardage. Willie got 2 yards on first down and then 6 yards on second down. They had what should have been a very manageable 3rd and 2.

We absolutely needed a first down there. This is the spot for a safe, conservative, high -percentage play call. No time to get cute. Ben can QB sneak on that 3rd and 2 for a first down a high percentage of the time. With the way Najeh and (finally) Willie were moving the ball, I thought for sure their running game could manage a measely 2 yards with either WP, ND, or Ben.

but no team would ever expect us going "run, run, pass" :dang:

(the sarcasm means i agree)

Steeldude
11-19-2007, 12:45 AM
i am still trying to figure out why you run a draw on 3rd and long in OT. why would you be setting up a punt in OT?

24seven
11-19-2007, 01:12 AM
[QUOTE=BozMan;325400]The one instance where Arians play calling was bad IMO was the following:

We absolutely needed a first down there.

I told my wife the same thing when it happened.. WTF!! pass for 2 freaking yards!!! ARE you insane!!! All around dumb play calling.. nothin more to say there..

Steel Pit
11-19-2007, 03:28 AM
We lost, I'm pissed, I cussed my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers all day but at days end, I still love them.

In reference to the offensive play calling, I'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular but I've said it before and I'll say it again, I despise the Steelers running attack from the "singleback formation". This formation just doesn't work for us. The Steelers have always relied on a lead-blocking fullback, i.e..John L. Wiiliams, Tim Lester, Jon Witman and Dan Krieder, in order to successfully run the ball.

I simply blame the singleback formation and the types of runs that they are attempting from the formation. For example, in the 3rd quarter the Steelers drive the ball to the redzone. On 1st and 10 they attempt a freaking sweep from the F-ing singleback formation. The result, STUFFED! That play killed our momentum during what appeared to be an absolute-touchdown scoring drive 2nd down, SACKED! 3rd down, zilch! F*#@ that F-ing formation.

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2007, 04:00 PM
but after the denver game, everybody ripped arians for not running willie. i guess hes damned if he do, damned if he dont.

IMO Arians still is gun shy from the Denver game. He spent the next week defending his play calling but immediately went away from the pass wacky first half in Denver.

Do I think that is because he cares what the media & fans think - no, I think it is because Tomlin got on him about it.

Arians is a first year OC who wants to be a second year OC - the problem is I do not think he has a grip on what this team can and cannot do (aside from having an athetic QB who can esacpe the pass rush) which shows up in his erratic play calling.

Arains calls a game like a kid with a learner's permit trying to learn to operate a manual transmission.

fansince'76
11-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Insults???

More spoiled brats who didn't suffer through the 80's because they weren't yet a twinkle in their Daddy's eye.

Doesn't sound much different then idiot or ignorant in the insult category .

Since when is it appropriate for a Mod to call out an infraction or warning sent privately in the public forum?

Dude, what is your problem? She wasn't addressing you - is it possible her remarks may be just a little too accurate a reflection of your stance on things? I strongly advise you to cut the crap.

tony hipchest
11-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Arains calls a game like a kid with a learner's permit trying to learn to operate a manual transmission.i know the coaching gameplans are supposed to soley be focussed on the opponent of the week, but i wonder if the coaching staff is getting a little too preoccupied with getting stuff on film, or disguising or giving a perception of trends for future opponents to have to study.

maybe the gameplanes are i little too structured and regimented with the future in mind rather than using each week as its own seperate entity. i dont know if that makes sense, but i think balance should be achieved naturally where all things even (balance) out in the end as opposed to trying to fabricate or force balance on a call by call basis.

HometownGal
11-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Since when is it appropriate for a Mod to call out an infraction or warning sent privately in the public forum?

I didn't call it out, NC. You just did.

I'm done trading barbs with you. Like I said in another thread - you just keep on keepin' on and I will do the same.

X-Terminator
11-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Insults???

Doesn't sound much different then idiot or ignorant in the insult category

If you take those as insults, then obviously it hits a little too close to home. I've said repeatedly on this forum that Steelers fans are fickle, spoiled, don't have one ounce of patience and think it's their right by God to win the Super Bowl every year, based on direct observation and actually living in Pittsburgh my entire life. I haven't wavered and won't waver on that. It's just a fact, jack, and one that gets proven over and over and over again after every loss, or even wins in some cases. Besides, did you happen to read the post that was referenced? One member on this board said "We S-U-C-K." Not "We sucked tonight," as was mentioned in another thread. No..."We S-U-C-K." And you don't see why someone might take issue with that given that the last time I checked, we're still in first place by 2 games over Cleveland? For the 5,000th and final time, the problem I, HTG and many others have is with fans who think the sky is falling and the season is over after every loss. We DO NOT have a problem with people who simply criticize the team but keeps things in their proper perspective.