PDA

View Full Version : No Sniveling Please

ohiosteelerfan20
11-18-2007, 06:33 PM
How about no more post about how we gave the game away or Bruce Arians does'nt know what he is doing.:blah: That is sooo tired. We just got beat.

ShutDown24
11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
We would be undefeated if we had an offensive coordinator. It is so blatant that there is no use trying to get that conversation stopped. We are setting franchise scoring records because of the players; not the play callers.

Edman
11-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Holding a 3 point lead. Ball in your own territory off of a Defensive turnover;

Arians: "No let's not play to win, let's play not to lose with the MOST conservative playcalling imaginable. Even though our O-Line is playing like shit."

Steeldude
11-18-2007, 06:42 PM
this game wasn't a surprise to me. this has been happening all season. wins tend to blind rah-rah fans from the truth.

the steelers will probably make it to the post-season, but it will be a quick exit. i am afraid next year it's going to be worse. you think the O-line is bad now wait until next season with "no faneca".

the one thing that is really puzzling is how bad the special teams unit is every week. this is something tomlin stressed would be a strength before the season started. i have not see a speacial teams unit that bad in my entire life of watching the NFL. the return team is just as bad as the coverage team.

ohiosteelerfan20
11-18-2007, 06:45 PM
:shake01:Looks like the tackling coach should be fired. Everytime we lose, its always the same thing. Fire Arians.

PisnNapalm
11-18-2007, 06:55 PM
How about a round of applause for our "not so special teams". Cripes... another long return that killed us.

HometownGal
11-18-2007, 07:02 PM
We would be undefeated if we had an offensive coordinator. It is so blatant that there is no use trying to get that conversation stopped. We are setting franchise scoring records because of the players; not the play callers.

I'm sick of hearing you people bit ch and moan about the OC - for God's sake, we freakin LOST - get over it. The Jets came prepared as a team - we didn't. Our OL, especially on the right side, has to be the worst in the league. Ben is running around out there trying to make plays and getting blindsided by defenders. Carey Davis sucks as a FB, imho - bring back Dan Kreider!!! Our D looked played as poor a game as I've seen them play as a unit all season. Other than the last punt return, our ST's were the best unit out there today. :jawdrop: This was a TEAM loss.

Thank God for Jeff Reed. Other than Jeff, the only guys I can say played with any degree of consistency were Deshea and Silverback.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Come on Hometown....You have to agree Bruce Arians and his play calling leaves you scratching your head at times? Now I'm not saying fire the guy....Its his first season as our OC so he deserves more time then 10 games...lol But for real I want to know what really goes through his head at times?......

MACH1
11-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Come on Hometown....You have to agree Bruce Arians and his play calling leaves you scratching your head at times? Now I'm not saying fire the guy....Its his first season as our OC so he deserves more time then 10 games...lol But for real I want to know what really goes through his head at times?......

That makes two of us.

Dynasty
11-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Three of us actually.

revefsreleets
11-18-2007, 07:13 PM
If the Steelers had an offensive line as good as the Browns, we would have won by 2 TD's today.

Blaming Arians is flat out wrong. His gameplan looked to be about the same as the gameplan against the Ravens. The difference is that the OL executed against the Ravens.

NV STEELERS 723
11-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Typical STEELERS faithful being critical... we lost ...lets learn from it, and win the rest of our games... We are very capable.

jjpro11
11-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Typical STEELERS faithful being critical... we lost ...lets learn from it, and win the rest of our games... We are very capable.

we were supposed to learn from the cardinals game.. and the broncos game.. yet we still think we are that much better than whoever we are playing and get a rude awakening each time.

Stlrs4Life
11-18-2007, 07:22 PM
If the Steelers had an offensive line as good as the Browns, we would have won by 2 TD's today.

Blaming Arians is flat out wrong. His gameplan looked to be about the same as the gameplan against the Ravens. The difference is that the OL executed against the Ravens.

Exactly, totally agree.

SteelersGirlTN7
11-18-2007, 07:23 PM
I will bleed black and gold till i die... i know we're gonna win some and lose some.. We've won so much more than lost, so losing is extra hard. I can live with the fact that the Jets beat us. I'm not going to blame it on excuses or bad calls, even though there were some questionable issues.

But anyway, what made me the most mad, was at the end, with :03 on the clock, we kneel on it. WTH?? If it gets intercepted, barring a runback, there's not enough time for another play; and if it gets run back we deserve to lose. What was the harm in Ben throwing a long pass to the end zone, so maybe Heath or Hines, or anyone for that matter, to have the miraculous game saving catch??? If it's incomplete, send it to OT; but don't freakin' KNEEL on it!!

Steeldude
11-18-2007, 07:26 PM

nvsteelers, obviously the steelers didn't learn from the cardinals and broncos' games. actually they were doing this time of junk in victories too and getting away with it.

ohiosteelerfan20
11-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Its a shame, if the defense just makes one play on that drive that started from the 14 with a little over 2 min. left, all this negative posting would not be happening. We would be talking how we gutted one out today.

SteelCityMan786
11-18-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm sick of hearing you people bit ch and moan about the OC - for God's sake, we freakin LOST - get over it. The Jets came prepared as a team - we didn't. Our OL, especially on the right side, has to be the worst in the league. Ben is running around out there trying to make plays and getting blindsided by defenders. Carey Davis sucks as a FB, imho - bring back Dan Kreider!!! Our D looked played as poor a game as I've seen them play as a unit all season. Other than the last punt return, our ST's were the best unit out there today. :jawdrop: This was a TEAM loss.

Thank God for Jeff Reed. Other than Jeff, the only guys I can say played with any degree of consistency were Deshea and Silverback.

THANK YOU HOMETOWN, it's about time I saw that someone is as sick of this as I am. The Jets were ready to play, we weren't. If Ben has time to make the plays he's capable of, If we have to time run the ball, we'll win games. If the Defense makes keep tackles, doesn't give big runs, etc. They win games. Teams lose games, not individuals.

Yeah, if not for him, we wouldn't have had overtime.

zoneblitz43
11-18-2007, 07:58 PM
I don't understand why anyone wants to blame Arians. He has done a good job as OC so far, and have you ever heard that you can't teach talent? Well it just so happens our o-line apparently has no talent. That's not the OC's fault. We are 7-3, much better than being 2-6 like we were the first half of last year. I think B.A. is doing an ok job, he has given Ben the freedom to control the offense and win games, making him the leader of the offense that he should be. Ben is ranked 2nd behind Tom Brady for TD's and passer rating. Other than today Willie has had a pretty good season. The o-line has to possibly be the worst in the league, I'm glad Faneca is leaving because he is past his prime and for the love of God cut Wille Colon, he is awful. Davis sucks at FB, bring back Kreider. The problems on this team is some of the "talent" that is being used.

SteelDogFan
11-18-2007, 08:11 PM
The year the Steelers won the SB we lost three games straight on Nov 20, 28 and Dec 4th The main thing I saw with the game was the Oline in the NFL you only go as far as your Oline takes you. The NFL is a copycat league and from this week on defensive coordinators will use the same scheme that the Jets used, which I believe is the same one the Broncos used.

The bottom line is if you give a team two weeks to plan for a game at the end of the half when your losing there has to be adjustments made. i did see some. The main thing was using a full back in the back field. We drove straight down the field.

The problem is that instead of still pounding them we went back to a single back set and tried to pass it in for the TD. This is the same thing that happened in the Denver game. I know Ben is playing good but when a team is almost last in the NFL against the run you must run the football on them.

The Steelers are so comfortable with the offense that even when they are not moving the ball they didn't make adjustments. This whole game surprised me. The second half blew me away I was very frustrated and screaming at my TV. FULLBACK, FULLBACK, FULLBACK.

HometownGal
11-18-2007, 08:44 PM

Once in a while yes. Ben changed some of the plays at the line today, so I don't believe Arians is totally at fault here, though he should shoulder some of the blame, but I stand by my opinion that the entire team was way off kilter from the coaching staff on down, other than the 3 players I mentioned above.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Once in a while yes. Ben changed some of the plays at the line today, so I don't believe Arians is totally at fault here, though he should shoulder some of the blame, but I stand by my opinion that the entire team was way off kilter from the coaching staff on down, other than the 3 players I mentioned above.

I agree the whole team deserves blame....All I'm saying I think Arians at times his play-calling has killed this team....After the Jets scored that first TD...We should have come out firing the pigskin to score a TD to regain some momentum.....But yet again Bruce was at his run, run, pass kick.....To many times today Ben was set up with 3rd and long....When your Oline is struggling to protect the QB its not good to set up 3rd and long....The defense can just tee off on the QB and the Jets did that today...

But like I said...........I don't want to see Bruce fired at all...He is growing as an OC just like Tomlin is growing as a HC.....There are going to be bumps in the road.....Those bumps so far have been Arizona,Denver and New York.....:thumbsup:

Lambertfanatic
11-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I agree steeldogfan...keep running the ball with davenport he was gaining yards...they should have kept Capizzi from IUP on the practice squad...don't they see that the OL needs fixed