PDA

View Full Version : O-Line Just KILLIN Us

Ricco Suavez
11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Very little rushing, no pass blocking, Ben sacked more today than the JETS had all year. I believe this team can go far in the playoffs,BUT, we are going to have to do a better job of Pass protection. Play calling affects these situations also, We cannot run 1st 2 downs and put Ben in obvious passing downs. If the Jets were as bad on defense as we were lead to believe then this was a very poor showing indeed. Defensively we were solid except for some breakdowns in coverage and some poor tackling at the line. Lets hope this wakes everybody up for the next game and then the next and quit looking ahead to you-know-who.

83-Steelers-43
11-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Run, run, pass. That's all I gotta say. Hello Bruce Arians.

OneForTheToe
11-18-2007, 07:22 PM
I really can't blame the play calling. If you can't execute because of your O'line you are dead in the water.

jjpro11
11-18-2007, 07:23 PM
its the oline.. either that or ben cant pick up a blitz pre snap.

Stlrs4Life
11-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Very little rushing, no pass blocking, Ben sacked more today than the JETS had all year. I believe this team can go far in the playoffs,BUT, we are going to have to do a better job of Pass protection. Play calling affects these situations also, We cannot run 1st 2 downs and put Ben in obvious passing downs. If the Jets were as bad on defense as we were lead to believe then this was a very poor showing indeed. Defensively we were solid except for some breakdowns in coverage and some poor tackling at the line. Lets hope this wakes everybody up for the next game and then the next and quit looking ahead to you-know-who.

Same old in each of our losses. We had the best chance in this one though.

zoneblitz43
11-18-2007, 07:29 PM
I agree the o-line is terrible. I figured they just needed time to jell but this game proves it, there are major changes that need to be made. There were 7 sacks against the Steelers. There is no excuse for this. They should consider starting Simmons at center and Kemoeatu should start at RG. Mahan looked good in training camp and preseason, what the hell happened? Colon is terrible, he is even worse than Starks. I hope he gets cut soon. Colon is easily the worst player on this o-line. Maybe try him out at guard and see how he does, he sucks at RT. Simmons is OK, but not great, and Faneca will be gone. He was terrible tonight and is showing his age. Marvel Smith is pretty good, Marvel and Simmons have been alright this season, although they are not elite. So we will need to draft at least 2 quality linemen one to replace Faneca, and a RT that can actually protect Ben. Ben has been sacked 30 times this year. There has not been one game where we haven't allowed a sack. I can go as far to say we probably have the worst o-line in the league.

BozMan
11-18-2007, 07:33 PM
O-line is by far the weakest link on this team. Even weaker than the special teams. We will not go very far in the playoffs with this kind of o-line play.

Is Joey Porter licking his chops for next week's game or what? Considering the Jets were averaging ~1 sack/game this year and got 7 against us, Porter ought to be able to finally get some sacks.

jjpro11
11-18-2007, 07:37 PM
O-line is by far the weakest link on this team. Even weaker than the special teams. We will not go very far in the playoffs with this kind of o-line play.

Is Joey Porter licking his chops for next week's game or what? Considering the Jets were averaging ~1 sack/game this year and got 7 against us, Porter ought to be able to finally get some sacks.

joey will have his game of the season and be the talk of the game. we always let bad defenses and over the hill players have their breakout games against us.

therocksteeler
11-18-2007, 07:40 PM
I also agree the O line was terrible today. BUT...please take into consideration the type of plays called in. I noticed there were no short yardage quick passes in the game today as in weeks pass. I was clueless as to why none were used today to beat the rush the Jets put on us today. These short yardage plays, slants, etc are what beats the rush. At any rate complaining does not eliminate to hard turth....The Jets served us our ass on a silver platter today. I pray we can only use this game as fuel and a hard learned memory to build on in the future,

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2007, 08:08 PM
our running backs have been hit behind the line a total of 33 times for minus 81 yds.
ben has been sacked 30 times for minus 221 yds
thats a total of 63 negative yardage plays for minus 302 yds.
thats equivelent to an entire freakin game of plays and yardage !!!
what burns my ass , is last year the line was bad,and the only thing the F.O. did was pick up a mediocre FA , and draft a late rd lineman and cut him.

BozMan
11-18-2007, 08:12 PM
what burns my ass , is last year the line was bad,and the only thing the F.O. did was pick up a mediocre FA , and draft a late rd lineman and cut him.

Considering that Timmons and Woodley haven't gotten much playing time this year, in hindsight, it would have been nice to use one of those early draft picks on OL.

revefsreleets
11-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Bear in mind that Ben is a VERY elusive QB and Parker is extremely shifty and fast. The fact that we are doing as well as we are statistically is due in large part to the great ability of these two players. If we had a more statuesque QB or a slower RB, these stats would be far, far worse.

Ben is also very aware of his surroundings and the defense he's running against. He's a gunslinger and makes a lot of his own luck.

My point is that if there were lesser players in key positions on our team, the glaring weaknesses would be even more glaring.

OneForTheToe
11-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Considering that Timmons and Woodley haven't gotten much playing time this year, in hindsight, it would have been nice to use one of those early draft picks on OL.

The Steelers don't draft for immediate impact. If we had drafted an o'linemen, they wouldn't be starting anyways. I agree though we need to do some work on the offensive line in the off season.

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2007, 08:21 PM
oh there's no doubt rev. i'd say there's been at least 30 times that the D's have had there hands on Ben ,only to have him escape and get positive yardage.

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2007, 08:26 PM
The Steelers don't draft for immediate impact. If we had drafted an o'linemen, they wouldn't be starting anyways. I agree though we need to do some work on the offensive line in the off season.
are you freakin kidding me ? there were 7 olinemen drafted last year in the first 2 rds,that the steelers passed by and ALL are starters. any of them WOULD start on the steelers line. 2 tackles,3 guards,2 centers.

ChronoCross
11-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Can you say Run For Your Life Ben every game. They just caught him this game..

Haiku_Dirtt
11-18-2007, 08:46 PM
There is nothing less surprising than what was witnessed in this game. Willie Colon got beat like Keith Moon's drum kit - hard and loud and effortlessly.

But let's forget about Max. The conversation about Starks - and his god awlful footwork - goes back to the Super Bowl year. But what was less apparent last year and becoming painfully obvious this season is that Marvel Smith was overrated.

I've been a broken record warning of a dire situation that is now the genie out of the bottle for the umpteenth time.

And those who want to blame the front office I can't disagree more. There were really no viable options and FA was out of the question with BR's contract coming due and the Faneca Saga yet to unfold.

DEFCON TWO folks. This loss and more losses this season will do alot more for us than one post-season appearence.

revefsreleets
11-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Marvel Smith is our best offensive lineman this year.

You can make of it what you will, but it's the truth.

klick81
11-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Bear in mind that Ben is a VERY elusive QB and Parker is extremely shifty and fast. The fact that we are doing as well as we are statistically is due in large part to the great ability of these two players. If we had a more statuesque QB or a slower RB, these stats would be far, far worse.

Ben is also very aware of his surroundings and the defense he's running against. He's a gunslinger and makes a lot of his own luck.

My point is that if there were lesser players in key positions on our team, the glaring weaknesses would be even more glaring.

I would say we'd be 3-7 if it were not for what you just posted.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Marvel Smith is our best offensive lineman this year.

You can make of it what you will, but it's the truth.

Other than Faneca I agree. But when your "best" guy needs help from Davenport to hold off one rusher...

As the saying goes "Katy bar the door" or in football terms..."RUN BEN RUN!!!!"

Lambertfanatic
11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Marvel Smith has sucked for the past few years. What the hell are they thinking...Davenport was had a good run game going and what do they do...quit running him. The reason why Willie hasn't been running well is because the ENTIRE O line SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! It's like they don't even want to be there. I had a bad feeling about this game...and I was right. They need to get ready for the next game and kick their ass...I want to see them DESTROY the Patsies. I'm really beginning to beleive what my father-in-law said...THE NFL is FIXED...Just look at the Saints, Chargers, Bengals, Lions, Baltimore, Browns and so on.

OneForTheToe
11-18-2007, 09:09 PM
are you freakin kidding me ? there were 7 olinemen drafted last year in the first 2 rds,that the steelers passed by and ALL are starters. any of them WOULD start on the steelers line. 2 tackles,3 guards,2 centers.

I never said they couldn't start. The question wasn't if they could start ... it was if they would start? How often does a rookie start for the Steelers? It does happen, but it is rare. You really think we can fix the O'line in one draft?

And if we would have drafted O'linemen people would be bitching in a few years because we have no replacement for Haggens and Farrior.

I agree we have problems that need addressed on the O'line, but we also needed youth at Lb'er. Next week ,if the secondary has a bad game, you can count the number of db's we passed on in the draft that would have helped us this year.

Steelfan4ever
11-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Agreed with almost everyone. They stop running Davenport when he is apparently able to gain a little more than Willie. Willie continued to attempt to run up the middle when there was nothing being opened up by a more than lackluster O line. Its also amazing that Ben has not been injured yet this year with the lack of protection he has had to face. Guess the O line does not realize that if Ben goes down so will the rest of the Steelers season.

At this point 11-5 sounds like the most reasonable end to the season. I can also hear the words of coach Mora from a few years ago when talking about his teams chance of going to the playoffs.

The O line will need to be addressed much sooner than later as most of us agree.

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2007, 09:32 PM
And those who want to blame the front office I can't disagree more. There were really no viable options and FA was out of the question with BR's contract coming due and the Faneca Saga yet to unfold.

. how in the hell is it NOT ,the F.O.'s fault ?

Tankus_Maximus
11-18-2007, 09:36 PM
We had a chance to win the game, when we got the ball back up by 3 with 4 minutes left, and our pitiful O-line couldn't open a hole for FWP to kill the clock!

This O-Line is terrible! It couldn't open a hole in a can of tuna with a can opener!!

This is a great team, but considering the inconsistent play of the O-line, I'd hate to say it, but I don't see them going very far in the post-season.

Just pitiful.

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I never said they couldn't start. The question wasn't if they could start ... it was if they would start? How often does a rookie start for the Steelers? It does happen, but it is rare. You really think we can fix the O'line in one draft?

And if we would have drafted O'linemen people would be bitching in a few years because we have no replacement for Haggens and Farrior.

I agree we have problems that need addressed on the O'line, but we also needed youth at Lb'er. Next week ,if the secondary has a bad game, you can count the number of db's we passed on in the draft that would have helped us this year.
have you ever heard the phrase " games are won and lost in the trenches " ? the Rooneys have been around football long enough to know just how true this really is. this decline in the oline didn't just start this year. they knew hartings was planning on retiring after 05. they knew faneca would be looking for a huge payday. they knew max starks was a big pile of suck ! so what have they done? draft a couple of late rd scrubs, and sign a second rate FA on the cheap ! the steelers have remained competetive during free agency by planning for the future. it's quite obvious now that somebody has seriously dropped the ball. starting with chucky okolbi. now there finding out that you can't count on 5th - 7th rd linemen to carry the torch. no i don't think the line can be fixed in 1 draft, but you sure as hell have to start somewhere BEFORE the 5th round !!!

Glace
11-18-2007, 10:13 PM
I've admittedly been critical of Arians....but when i see games like against Baltimore...I know this offense works. I know this offense can be extremely potent because we have a premiere QB and some great talent at wideout and tight end. I don't think he should take all the blame for his playcalling. If it works, he's a genious, if it doesn't he's a fraud.

The O-Line is not making it work. They are the keystone to the entire offense. They need to open the running lanes. They need to protect Ben and buy him time to pick apart a defense. They're just not doing it. 7 sacks to a team that had what...9 coming into this week? It's sad, really. The o-line just basically stood up out of their stance today and gave the game away.

Is it talent? Sure some of them are getting older...but I believe we have plenty of talent.

Is it motivation? We all know Faneca remains pissed about his contract...but the rest of them?

Is it coaching? (line coach, not tomlin).....Well, here's my one point. We lost arguably one of the best offensive line coaches in the game today in Russ Grimm. I was worried of a little fall-out but never this bad. The line should at least be getting better as the season goes on....yet in my eyes, they're actually getting worse.

As far as Parker vs. Davenport.....Davenport was having success as a bigger back that's still able to get low and power through arm tackles. He shouldn't have been taken out, no matter who the "starter" is.

Parker...yeah, he isn't getting big holes to run through but man, I can't help but think something is up. Don't even start ragging me about how many yards he has this season. I don't care. The jets didn't care. Parker was useless today. Like Tomlin himself said in regards to Kreider....football is situational. This situation calls for a bigger back to get in there and plow into the line and move it forward. Davenport has proven his worth. Keep the guy in there if he's rolling down the field, and Parker is rolling on the ground.

BozMan
11-18-2007, 10:18 PM
What can be done this season about the o-line? Only thing I can think of personnel wise is rotating Chris Kemoeatu in more often to see if that helps.

Other than that, on passing plays, the receivers are going to have to get open quicker and Ben will have to get rid of the ball quicker. On running plays, WP or ND will have to just hit the hole quicker and make guys miss.

OneForTheToe
11-18-2007, 10:39 PM
have you ever heard the phrase " games are won and lost in the trenches " ? the Rooneys have been around football long enough to know just how true this really is. this decline in the oline didn't just start this year. they knew hartings was planning on retiring after 05. they knew faneca would be looking for a huge payday. they knew max starks was a big pile of suck ! so what have they done? draft a couple of late rd scrubs, and sign a second rate FA on the cheap ! the steelers have remained competetive during free agency by planning for the future. it's quite obvious now that somebody has seriously dropped the ball. starting with chucky okolbi. now there finding out that you can't count on 5th - 7th rd linemen to carry the torch. no i don't think the line can be fixed in 1 draft, but you sure as hell have to start somewhere BEFORE the 5th round !!!

You seem to be pretty sure what the Rooney's know. If they really know how bad the line is why did they give Kendall a contract extention? Why did they sign Mahan?

Look ... I said before they need to address the Oline in the future. But this year we are stuck with what we got. Oh and in case you hadn't heard we are still in first place.

grahamburgher
11-18-2007, 11:47 PM
You have to play the hand you're dealt. This is true at any level of football. You're going to have strengths in some areas and weaknesses in others, and you have to adjust to deal with it. If you have a strong O-line, you go with a (traditional Steeler) power, straight-up running game and a drop-back passing game where routes take a little more time to develop. If you have a shit O-line, you go with some misdirection in the running game, bypass plays (screens/draws), and a quick-hitting passing game (short drops, slants & dumps). Seems to me that our OC is either delusional enough to think that we have a strong O-line, or too stubborn to deviate from the traditional Steeler offensive gameplan.
My 2 cents, anyway.

jjpro11
11-19-2007, 12:44 AM
if we had the oline of the patriots, we'd probably be undefeated too. i know we sure as hell wouldnt have lost this game. the oline has been keeping us down all season. its what is keeping us from being a top level football team. it is so freakin inconsistent.. its just sickening to watch.

TackleMeBen
11-19-2007, 08:51 AM
if we had the oline of the patriots, we'd probably be undefeated too. i know we sure as hell wouldnt have lost this game. the oline has been keeping us down all season. its what is keeping us from being a top level football team. it is so freakin inconsistent.. its just sickening to watch.

that is an understatement. this oline was horrible. my 5 yr old could block and tackle better than they did yesterday. tomlin has to get this fixed. maybe the oline was watching the wrong film we dont want to be like the 49ers oline and get their qb killed.. we need to keep ben healthy or we wont be in the playoffs. and i will have to pull for the pats... no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink02:

Rotorhead
11-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Seems to me that we can stop with all this 3 TE's sets and move to more of a traditional Power-I set so we can get an extra blocker in the run game. Our backs are capable of catching out of the backfield. But if our Oline cant block, the running game obviously needs help and that is the fastest way to fix that. Put Najeh in front of FWP and you have 2 options to give the ball too.

Edman
11-19-2007, 09:42 AM
There is nothing to be done about this joke of an O-Line this season. The Steelers should just do what they can despite it. It would be a travesty if the Steelers don't address O-Line next offseason. Let Faneca and Starks go, and get some big bodies in there.

The playcalling didn't help either. Predictable Run-run-pass all game. No creativity whatsoever. That doesn't work, especially if your O-Line is getting hammered by a bad Defense.

revefsreleets
11-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Why not give Kemo and Tres Essex a shot on the right side. Seriously, could they do any worse?

IDSteeler
11-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Anybody think that Ben might have a little too much on his hands. Pre snap, he has to read the defense, make sure all players are in the proper positions, make necessary adjustments and call the blocking assignments. I know he's the man and a "football junky" but maybe he needs a little help bearing the load.

~1st round pick next season must be an O-Lineman. Maybe we could step out of our lane and pick up a decent free agent too.

PalmerSteel
11-19-2007, 10:56 AM
they had 2 weeks to prepare for us, just like the @ denver game. they did the same thing, showed a completely different D and attacked our O line. the browns copied the broncos, luckily our D held them off barely. the recipe to beat us is out there now. our season is up to the oline to step it up, JUST LIKE IT DID IN 05. its eery to look back at 05 and see we were almost at this exact same spot in the regualr season, except we have a better record this year.
1. we got blew out by indy
2. that was the last game we gave up a 100 yard rusher, james.
3. not many gave us a chance to make playoffs, let alone win it all.
4. our oline looked absolutely atrocious. ben took a beating

Counselor
11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Anybody think that Ben might have a little too much on his hands. Pre snap, he has to read the defense, make sure all players are in the proper positions, make necessary adjustments and call the blocking assignments. I know he's the man and a "football junky" but maybe he needs a little help bearing the load.

No. He's been playing the best of his career with the added responsibility---don't change it now.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Why not give Kemo and Tres Essex a shot on the right side. Seriously, could they do any worse?

Actually I think they can do worse. I had really high hopes for Kemo. Even Alex Smith thought we stole this guy out of Utah in the draft.

It's not like they haven't had their chances these last two season.

eafratitpm3
11-19-2007, 02:36 PM
I agree about the O'Line but they didn't miss 10-20 tackles, maybe blocks but not tackles.

jjpro11
11-19-2007, 02:47 PM
i dont buy the 2005 comparisons.. sorry.. but i just cant. we lost a number of those games because ben was hurt. also, the line was dominant the year before and marvel smith had an injury in the middle of the season. this team is inconsistent and the line is just bad.

zoneblitz43
11-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Here is what the 2007 o-line should look like-LT Smith, LG Faneca, C Simmons, RG Kemoeatu, RT Starks.

Here is what the 2008 o-line should look like-LT Smith, LG 1st round draft pick, C Simmons, RG Kemoeatu, RT 2nd round draft pick.

Kemoeatu has always impressed me, and I heard Simmons can play center, I don't know how well he would play but he is a better lineman than Mahan. I'm sure he could do a better job.

Tankus_Maximus
11-19-2007, 11:30 PM
I've been screamin for Kemoeatu to start over Simmons since they drafted him!!!

And Willie Colon looks like a big steaming pile of crap too!!!

zoneblitz43
11-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Simmons has actually played a lot better this year than he did last year. I think he has played well the last few games unlike the rest of the o-line. Kemo's play last year really impressed me and I know there was talk of Simmons moving to center, if he can play well at center keep him there. Mahan has not looked good since the preseason. I'd still keep Starks and Mahan as backups, send Colon packing at the end of the season, and draft a couple new players.

Glace
11-20-2007, 08:25 AM
And how many people were screaming for Colon to start this year? Remember that?

Tankus_Maximus
11-20-2007, 09:43 AM
And how many people were screaming for Colon to start this year? Remember that?

Not me!!!

WV-SteelerFan
11-20-2007, 09:47 AM
...they had 2 weeks to prepare for us...

...I know this offense works. I know this offense can be extremely potent because we have a premiere QB and some great talent at wideout and tight end. I don't think he (Arians) should take all the blame for his playcalling. If it works, he's a genius, if it doesn't he's a fraud.

I even remember the announcers saying that the Jets played a different defense/game than they had all season. I'm not trying to make excuses, but it seems to me that the "fans" (and before y'all start bitching, I mean SOME fans, not ALL) are going from one extreme to the other. Either the Steelers are really bad (and will lose to the Dolphins) or really good (will "hammer" the Patriots). I'm not saying they suck or they're unbeatable, let's just find some middle ground...:dang:

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Here is what the 2007 o-line should look like-LT Smith, LG Faneca, C Simmons, RG Kemoeatu, RT Starks.

Here is what the 2008 o-line should look like-LT Smith, LG 1st round draft pick, C Simmons, RG Kemoeatu, RT 2nd round draft pick.

No 1st round pick should be a tackle, not a guard. Colon or Kemo can play left guard

Tackle is most important and Smith is getting old anyways so we can groom his replacement at right tackle with a first rd pick

charlie martel
11-20-2007, 12:08 PM

Kemoeatu has always impressed me, and I heard Simmons can play center, I don't know how well he would play but he is a better lineman than Mahan. I'm sure he could do a better job.

The problem is that there are no prospects at G worthy of a 1st round selection. Perhaps move Colon to guard to compete with Kemoeatu to start, Simmons to Center, and either draft a tackle or have Starks and Essex compete to start at RT.

MACH1
11-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Does this look familiar?

http://i4.tinypic.com/86649vn.jpg

LVSteelersfan
11-20-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm really beginning to beleive what my father-in-law said...THE NFL is FIXED...Just look at the Saints, Chargers, Bengals, Lions, Baltimore, Browns and so on.

If you are correct that it is fixed, then I can see the Packers sending Favre home with a Super Bowl win this year as his swan song to the NFL just like they did with Bettis. I want to believe it is not fixed, but watching the way the referees control the games, it is always obvious which team they are pushing toward a win. That game was officiated so the Jets would win the game. At least that is the way it looked to me. :banging::dang:

OneForTheToe
11-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Here is what we should do with the O'line for next year:

LT - Smith, if the Steelers are going to sign any FA's this would be a good place to start. Then Smith could move to RT where I think his career could be extended.

LG - Fa .. oops, sorry my mistake. Guards are the two O'line positions where I think a rookie can start. Very hard to start at center or tackle as a rookie, imo. So a rookie would be a possibility at guard, but maybe Kemo, if he gets his head around the mental part of the game that is apparently holding him back.

C - Give Simmons a chance - unless Mahan plays better by the end of the season. Also, fingers crossed for Stapelton

RG - I might try Colon there if Kendall is at center

RT - If they get a FA for a LT (yea, I know I doubt it too) then maybe Smith. Otherwise, the Steelers are probably stuck with giving Colon another year. We defiantly need to draft tackles next year.

For this year we are probably stuck with what we got. Hard for me to think that Simmons would do a better job this year at center. Likewise, other than "the grass is always greener" ... argument, I don't see the point of putting Starks back in the starting line-up. Unfortunately, Starks will be who we think he is.

The Duke
11-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Here is what we should do with the O'line for next year:

LT - Smith, if the Steelers are going to sign any FA's this would be a good place to start. Then Smith could move to RT where I think his career could be extended.

LG - Fa .. oops, sorry my mistake. Guards are the two O'line positions where I think a rookie can start. Very hard to start at center or tackle as a rookie, imo. So a rookie would be a possibility at guard, but maybe Kemo, if he gets his head around the mental part of the game that is apparently holding him back.

C - Give Simmons a chance - unless Mahan plays better by the end of the season. Also, fingers crossed for Stapelton

RG - I might try Colon there if Kendall is at center

RT - If they get a FA for a LT (yea, I know I doubt it too) then maybe Smith. Otherwise, the Steelers are probably stuck with giving Colon another year. We defiantly need to draft tackles next year.

For this year we are probably stuck with what we got. Hard for me to think that Simmons would do a better job this year at center. Likewise, other than "the grass is always greener" ... argument, I don't see the point of putting Starks back in the starting line-up. Unfortunately, Starks will be who we think he is.

I like it, except I think Mahan should be given a chance at guard.

What I know is that the o line might me very different next year

OneForTheToe
11-20-2007, 06:20 PM
I like it, except I think Mahan should be given a chance at guard.

What I know is that the o line might me very different next year

Yes, I should have said that he should be given that chance. The funny thing is that, even with the loss of Faneca next year, the two guard positions next year might be the easiest to fill. I could see any combination of, Mahan, Kemo, Colon, Simmons or a rookie starting at the guard postions.

Rhee Rhee
11-21-2007, 12:38 AM
this is where something called the NFL draft comes in handy... too bad we been draftin guys like marvin phillip and like weird dudes that get cut in training camp... we NEED to adress O-line this year it's amazing how bad we are... we are known as a smash mouth football team but now we look like the colts when we played them in the playoffs..... weak shi7s

zoneblitz43
11-21-2007, 07:45 PM
What I meant to say is draft a player that can play tackle or guard in the first round, I think both Michael Oher and Ryan Clady can play both positions. I'd like to see how Simmons does at center, other than a couple bad games he has played well so far this season and Kemo has the talent to start at RG. Starks, Colon, and Mahan all play poorly but I would keep one around just for depth. Faneca has not been impressive this year and I'm glad they chose to resign Simmons instead. It really doesn't bother me that he is leaving, he can go play poorly on another team.

therocksteeler
11-21-2007, 09:30 PM
We will get back on track. I feel it in my bones. Guys we all know that have been fans a long time that hard times bring pride to our team. Our O-line is not dead only caught napping in the Jets loss. We'll be back and better than ever.....watch n see!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::t t02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt0 2::tt02: