PDA

View Full Version : Positives from the Jets' game.

OneForTheToe
11-18-2007, 10:20 PM
No rose colored glasses, just seeing if their were any positives that posters saw during the game.

Here is a few:

1) Even though the O'line sucked overall, I thought Mahan played well. He was able to move his guy on short yardage. That would be a good sign in the future

2) Heath continues to be almost unstoppable.

3) The Steelers coverage in the secondary is vastly improved over last year even in this loss.

4) We remain pretty good on 3rd and longon offense.

Others?

Steel_Bus_24
11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
I don't think I saw too many injuries

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
It's over.

tony hipchest
11-18-2007, 10:32 PM
as long as there were no injuries i see about the same amount of positives as a forfeit...

Steelfan4ever
Ben didn't get hurt from the lack of protection.

traci8
The defensive streak ended today!

Steel Warrior
11-18-2007, 10:33 PM
I thought the kick snappers did a pretty good job.

:smoker:

Steelfan4ever
11-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Jeff Reed remains a solid kicker.

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Ben didn't get hurt from the lack of protection.

Was just about to post the exact same thing myself.

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Harrison is still a beast.

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 10:36 PM
We're playing a team with even a worse record next week.

Hines0wnz
11-18-2007, 10:37 PM
No more teams coming off their bye week.....until the playoffs.

Steelfan4ever
11-18-2007, 10:38 PM
I didn't bet any money on the game

WWIIOwheelz
11-18-2007, 10:43 PM
I didn't eat before the game

Steel_Bus_24
11-18-2007, 10:47 PM
We're playing a team with even a worse record next week.

Thats a scary thought, but at least its at home on MNF

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 10:48 PM
At least we're not the Bungles.

Steelfan4ever
11-18-2007, 10:56 PM
hell, at least were are not 0-10 and lets hope that team is not 1-10 after next week

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 10:57 PM
hell, at least were are not 0-10 and lets hope that team is not 1-10 after next week

:jawdrop:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Sorry I can't really find anything positive about losing to a 1-8 football team...lol Ok here is something positive....Pretending this game never happened or even the first 9 games....Its time to wipe the slate clean like Cowher did back in 2005 and start the season 0-0.....Then the Steelers went on their magical run........

Steelfan4ever
11-18-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm all for Black@Gold Forever 32's idea.

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Honestly.....I expected Tomlin's Steelers to have a few bumps in the road the first year or two. Just fix them........now. The entire world is counting on us to beat the Patsies. We are the only hope to defeat the evil empire.....................................

Nobody (but us) expected us to win our first playoff game in 2005. It ain't over til it's over. Ain't no fat lady in sight as far as I can tell. Just Tomzilla.

I BELIEVE!

chenzzo
11-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Yep, I said the same thing over in another thread. We need to just start fresh

ShutDown24
11-18-2007, 11:19 PM
1. Ike played like a beast; DeShea too for that matter...

2. Obviously no injuries.

3. The loss doesn't really mean all that much in the long run... Sure, the Colts jump ahead for the bye but who cares? 2005 is what I say to that.

4. This, like the Broncos and Cardinals game, should only further the Steelers respect for crappy teams like the Jets.

I am not worried at all... The team is just as good as they were before the loss just more motivated. The Steelers are obviously an elite team when they come to play and in the playoffs we can be sure they'll show up to play.

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Santonio has a ankle injury...........those things could keep him out for several weeks or more. Not good. He's a huge playmaker.

ShutDown24
11-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Forgot about Santonio... Since the 'commentators' didn't really elaborate on his injury... With Ward dropping a few recently (Maybe tough catches but drops) Holmes is probably our most dependable reciever right now... Plus he can burn anyone.

stillers4me
11-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Hopefully it's not serious. I don't like thinking about facing the Pats without him.

Or maybe it won't matter at all.............. they are simply the greatest football team ever................. :coffee:

ShutDown24
11-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Ellis Hobbs likes to jump around a lot back there... Santonio could have a field day on him if it was man... Even cover 2 - man under

silver2000svt
11-18-2007, 11:46 PM
There are never any positives when you lose to the second worst team in the league

fansince'76
11-18-2007, 11:55 PM
There are never any positives when you lose to the second worst team in the league

Or get a comeback win from two scores down against a team that's above .500, apparently.

tony hipchest
11-19-2007, 12:07 AM
i dont give a shit about the patriots or dec. 9, and if the steelers players are thinking the same way, then thats a positive.

dolphins.

if thats not the focus, ricky williams will look like the 2nd coming of jim brown. add that to their scrub TE scoring a td and 3rd wr looking like marvin harrison, and we may not even need to worry about the patriots.

Steeldude
11-19-2007, 12:36 AM
1) Even though the O'line sucked overall, I thought Mahan played well. He was able to move his guy on short yardage. That would be a good sign in the future

mahan was responsible for one of the 4th quarter sacks. he has been playing rather poorly for most of the season.

Edman
11-19-2007, 02:11 AM
Positives from the Jets' game...

Nothing. The whole team was smelling, rotten trash. I have never been so goddamned furious at the Steelers before in my life. A disappointing and outright disgusting abortion against a 1-8 team.

jjpro11
11-19-2007, 02:21 AM
the oline was just so damn bad that it overshadows any possible positives from this game.

Rhee Rhee
11-19-2007, 02:30 AM
well santonio put up nice numbers

Galax Steeler
11-19-2007, 05:17 AM
We kept the ball away from washington and made them play from about there 30 or 35 yard line.

Steel Pit
11-19-2007, 05:59 AM
Forgot about Santonio... Since the 'commentators' didn't really elaborate on his injury... With Ward dropping a few recently (Maybe tough catches but drops) Holmes is probably our most dependable reciever right now... Plus he can burn anyone.

I agree. Over the past 3 games I'm tired of seeing WR's dropping passes and then smiling about it or clapping their hands as if to say, "It's alright, we'll get the next one." Sorry boys but I don't see the humor in dropping a pass and more often than not, the Steelers don't even get the opportunity to "get the next one". A series with a dropped pass typically ends with a punt.

SteelersMongol
11-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Positives from the Jets' game...

Nothing. The whole team was smelling, rotten trash. I have never been so goddamned furious at the Steelers before in my life. A disappointing and outright disgusting abortion against a 1-8 team.

:jawdrop: Wow. Do you mind if I ask you about how you've felt about the game against the Raiders from the last season? :coffee: Nothing positive at all?

SteelerFan091472
11-19-2007, 11:58 AM
We kept the ball away from washington and made them play from about there 30 or 35 yard line.

They did until OT when Washington returned the punt to about the Steelers 25 yard line and set up the game-winning field goal.

steelermuzik
11-19-2007, 12:21 PM
"They did until OT when Washington returned the punt to about the Steelers 25 yard line and set up the game-winning field goal."

True, but if not for bottling him up the rest of the game (which, I believe, was the best positive of the game), there probably wouldn't have been an overtime.

It seems as if, once again, Tomlin worked on fixing a glaring problem. The ST was considerably better than the previous few weeks (except for the last punt, of course). I'm not implying that the Steelers focused too much on that this week, but maybe the players thought that was all they had to worry about this week? I'm sorta baffled as to why they came out so flat. It sure looked like they were peaking prior to yesterday.

Oh, well. Here's to hoping that their performance was due to 3 straight division battles wearing on them, that they relish their extra day of preparation, that Tomlin whoops 'em into shape and the Steelers finish the rest of the season strong! :cheer:

verks36
11-19-2007, 12:22 PM
there were more steelers fans than jets fans at the game

Counselor
11-19-2007, 12:52 PM
i dont give a shit about the patriots or dec. 9, and if the steelers players are thinking the same way, then thats a positive.

dolphins.

if thats not the focus, ricky williams will look like the 2nd coming of jim brown. add that to their scrub TE scoring a td and 3rd wr looking like marvin harrison, and we may not even need to worry about the patriots.

Right on. Amazing how when the fans overlook a team so do the players. . . must be collective consciousness.

wadester47
11-19-2007, 02:17 PM
we always will have the next game v. the dolphins

revefsreleets
11-19-2007, 05:22 PM
The defense is still very good, and is capable of being dominant. The special teams did show improvement. The sad thing is that they look leaps and bounds better then last week, but they still aren't even average.

The best news is that the game is over.

NJarhead
11-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Troy (a.k.a "Captain Almost") Almost made a ton of plays in the Jet game.

I love the guy, but maybe D. LeBeau should consider a more conventional deployment of him in the future as he hasn't done squat this year.

Borski
11-19-2007, 06:41 PM

It wasn't the worst team in the league.

any way...At least we can go back under the radar, if we have these kind of games its better to get them out of our system before the playoffs start, then we can go for another improbable Super Bowl run beating the Pats and Colts on the road :cheers:

alittlejazzbird
11-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Weekly power rankings are all out now, and the Steelers seem to be at #5 pretty much everywhere. I'm kind of pleasantly surprised; I expected a freefall out of the top 10 after Sunday.

I know lots of us couldn't care less about those power rankings, though, and that's actually not why I'm posting this. From Coldhardfootballfacts.com, a interesting little bit in their power ranking, and something I did not consider:

Cold, Hard Football Facts: Don?t blame the Steelers? defense: the new Steel Curtain allowed 4.4 yards per play vs. the Jets, held them to 3-for-15 on third and fourth downs, and forced three short field goals in the red zone.

What to make of this?

83-Steelers-43
11-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Positives from the Jets' game.

I have only one............

Our QB is still alive.

revefsreleets
11-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Weekly power rankings are all out now, and the Steelers seem to be at #5 pretty much everywhere. I'm kind of pleasantly surprised; I expected a freefall out of the top 10 after Sunday.

I know lots of us couldn't care less about those power rankings, though, and that's actually not why I'm posting this. From Coldhardfootballfacts.com, a interesting little bit in their power ranking, and something I did not consider:

What to make of this?

Great points. The Steelers did kind of fall apart on D at the end though. I'm kind of surprised to see praise from CHF. That board is a Pats schill.

zoneblitz43
11-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Ben didn't get injured despite the o-line's terrible job.

I'm sorry, but with the o-line playing this bad there won't be a Super Bowl for us this year. Not with a line that plays with absolutely no pride or effort.

SteelDogFan
11-24-2007, 10:52 AM
This was the ugliest loss the Steelers have had in years. Even being shut out was not as bad as this loss. The only positive I see is now maybe someone on the defensive side of the ball will take up where Porter left off and put some fire in the defense when the team is on the road.

During that game there were times when the team just seemed uninspired. They seemed to be sluggish. To quote John Madden on the Sunday night game a few weeks back. "They were not playing fast". They did not look like the flying around, attacking Steelers we are used to.

I believe we will beat the heck out of Miami 30-7 or even 35-3. But want I want to see is the next away game and if somebody on the defense fires up the team when the other teams offense is driving down the field for a winning score!