PDA

View Full Version : We have serious discipline and motivation issues

jjpro11
11-19-2007, 12:59 AM
im beginning to think every time we go on the road against a crappy team the players are treating it like nothing more than a vacation. they come out completely flat, and when they finally do wake up... its too late. by playing so bad early in the game, the other team gains more and more confidence the longer they are in it. we have gotten up for our divisional opponents and home games, although last week was a weird one..

the only reason to think that we have a shot at the patriots is that we will go in as major underdogs. of course if we win december 9th, we'd end up rematching them in the playoffs, get overconfident again and lose. if they beat us good december 9th then we just arent capable of beating them in the first place. the inconsistency is just sickening.

Steel_Bus_24
11-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Yep I agree, since last year we've consistently demonstrated that we are......inconsistent!!

and its freaking frustrating. Its like they hate having respect in the NFL or something. I pray to god that this was the last straw, and from now on we will get consistent quality football no matter who we play. I'll be very interested to see Tomlin's press conference this week.

Galax Steeler
11-19-2007, 04:08 AM
Agreed. These players(just as many posters here) need to keep their heads out of the papers and ESPN adn NFLN and study game film. Everytime we go thru a week of "#1 defense" "Can beat the Pats" Blah blah, we go on the road to a crappy team and lose. I like Tomlin, but I am waiting him to fix this . He said last week that is good to learn something and win, I guess they really didn't learn anything becasue they took the Jets lightly too. I recon we'll give Miami a chance to get off the snide too. The players better get their collective heads removed fromt heir asses or we will give this division to the Browns.

And please don't give me this " Don't go overboard it's just one lose, Blah blah"

The running game hasn't looked good in 4 weeks the Oline couldn't pass block for a peewee team. We likely will make the playoffs, but this team needs soem work and an attitude adjustment.

Agreed if this isn't fixed soon then we will give the division to the browns on a silverplater.

Mosca
11-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Thing is, we ARE as GOOD as people say, AND as BAD as others say... BOTH.

We are inconsistent. We CAN beat the Pats... if the team that romped the Ravens shows up. OR, we'll lose 56-7, if the team that lost to the Jets shows up.

I can hear in his choice of words in the post-game quotes, Tomlin is pissed. I know he doesn't like to ride the emotional roller coaster, but he's pissed. His team decided to take a week off... thing is, there was a game on Sunday, the day they had scheduled for the beach.

TackleMeBen
11-19-2007, 08:39 AM
the team took some penalties that were stupid like rossum spinning the ball??? come on.. he knows better. i hope tomlin decides to make these guys work this week and not let them off.... looks like they need more work.

dlsf8607
11-19-2007, 08:46 AM
I'm actually not as embarrassed as I was last year when we lost to the Raiders. People are acting like the entire season is over, and we're 7-3. It's not like we haven't gone on the road and actually taken care of a mediocre team so far this year (Bungles) so we know we can do it. I just hope Tomlin chews them out this week, and has them ready for next time we play a crappy team on the road.

PisnNapalm
11-19-2007, 08:59 AM
2 late game defensive penalties killed us yesterday. The holding penalty on the play where the ball was fumbled out of the endzone. We would have had the ball at our own 20 instead of thier first and goal at our 1.

The roughing the passer penalty gave them a first down instead of forcing them to punt.

wadester47
11-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I know to many mistakes, but hey what can you do we are still undefeated in the division.

Dino 6 Rings
11-19-2007, 02:46 PM
7-3. If at the begining of the year, any of us were told, we'd be 7-3, I'm sure most of us would be very happy with that. We wouldn't have suspected the loses to be who they were to, but still, 7-3 with 6 games to go. Not a bad place to be. Win 4 of 6 and we are in the playoffs, without question. So, get the tape, watch how poorly you performed against one of the worst teams in the NFL, then fix it, and do better.

eafratitpm3
11-19-2007, 06:24 PM
I don' think the problem is that everyone is mad that we are 7-3 it's the Jekyll and Hyde way we are doing it. From week to week you never know which team is going to show up. I think I've seen one or two games this year where they came out of the tunnel with Intensity and played 60 full minutes, we look like we're just going through the motions thinking oh we're the Steelers we'll come back and yesterday hopefully showed them they need to get back that intensity.

revefsreleets
11-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Here's the biggest thing to remember. The Steelers will bring their A+++ game into Foxboro in a few weeks. They obviously didn't yesterday, and I'm not sure who to blame anymore, so why even bother?

But we will get a true test of how good our players can play with a fire lit under their asses when they play the Pats. Motivation won't be an issue.

Dynasty
11-19-2007, 10:34 PM
you guys do realize this is all part of the plan... we're going for a super bowl repeat right?

lets see:

stated 7-2.... check
lost in OT... check
lose MNF...
lose game...
win out, beat nfc team in superbowl

stillers4me
11-20-2007, 05:28 AM
7-3. If at the begining of the year, any of us were told, we'd be 7-3, I'm sure most of us would be very happy with that. We wouldn't have suspected the loses to be who they were to, but still, 7-3 with 6 games to go. Not a bad place to be. Win 4 of 6 and we are in the playoffs, without question. So, get the tape, watch how poorly you performed against one of the worst teams in the NFL, then fix it, and do better.

Steelers fans have high expectations and we have quickly forgotten that 8-8 team. We know they are better than they played this Sunday. Not perfect..........bet definitely good enough to beat the Jets.