PDA

View Full Version : Ben Still Good

steelpride12
11-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Something i noticed from last year was that when we lost a silly game it was usually Ben's fault of lead to Ben is some way.
This year i think proves Ben is back to normal speaking that when we lose games his stats are pretty good or average just look what he did against Denver with 3TD's and 1 pick and Jets with 1 TD and 1 Pick now for losing a game thats pretty average stats.
But wow his stats with a win are crazy with about 200Yds passing 2.5TD and .5INT now thats great stuff.
Ben is a leader for us and does his job and plays his heart out every week for us!
:tt02:

ShutDown24
11-19-2007, 02:54 PM
People where saying after the game "Ben is overrated now, he''s not as good as people think, etc..." On the contrery; it looked like to me Ben was the only offensive weapon that was actually working yesterday. There were many times when he would avoid the rush to throw downfield and have Ward or Washington drop the ball. Sure, they were tough catches but that is the job of a reciever... The QB gives you a chance to make the catch and you help him out. Ben hasn't had a real bad game all year... Some average, but he definatley hasn't lost us a game.

The Duke
11-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Definitely, too bad the o line will get him killed out there pretty soon. but no one can say now that Ben lost us the games

jjpro11
11-19-2007, 02:58 PM
ben had at least one interception and lost a fumble in each one of our losses. i blame our oline for the recent 2 fumbles, but i think it was his fault in the arizona game. so when we have lost this year, it has pretty much been a team effort. but he is playing about as well as anyone could behind that oline.. so its tough to criticize him too much.

iloveben7
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Ben has definately won us a few games this year, but he certainly hasn't lost us any games this year. I thought Ben was the only good player on the field yesterday and Holmes also made some great catches. How do you expect Ben to scramble when there's guys coming from all angles while his o-line is just standing there and most of the time the recievers didn't get open. I still believe Ben is underrated. I told you last week that everyone would jump on Ben's bandwagon, as they did, and now since the Steelers lost, they all jumped off the bandwagon and want a new QB.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Ben is God.....Just think what the Steelers record would be without him this year? I say 5-5 or even 4-6 at best....yes the defense would still be good without Ben...I love Batch as a backup but he couldn't make some of th plays Ben has made this year.....

fansince'76
11-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Just think what the Steelers record would be without him this year? I say 5-5 or even 4-6 at best....

I think that's being generous. With Maddox (post-'02) or Kordell? 2-8, if we're lucky.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2007, 06:50 PM
I think that's being generous. With Maddox (post-'02) or Kordell? 2-8, if we're lucky.

You might be right....But I was just factoring the weak schedule this year.......I think with Batch starting the Steelers would have beaten the Browns in the first game,Bills,49ers and Bengals....

fansince'76
11-19-2007, 06:52 PM
You might be right....But I was just factoring the weak schedule this year.......I think with Batch starting the Steelers would have beaten the Browns in the first game,Bills,49ers and Bengals....

Ah, OK - in the case of Batch, yeah, 4-6 or 5-5 would be more like it.

Steelfan4ever
11-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Just got off the CBS Sportsline.com site where some clown was bashing the Steelers, Ben and women in Pittsburgh. This guy refered to Ben as "AWFULBERGER and that yesterdays loss was basically his fault.

He apparently is a Colts fan and in his opinion as a Colts fan believes that the Colts are and have always been a superior team to the Steelers. Didn't quote any factual material but instead bashed Ben and everyone he could think of in Pittsburgh.

Never the less Ben is still a GREAT QB and has gotten this team to where they are in the season. The columnists on ESPN and every other site need something to play up so the readers get on and respond an post. The more posts a columnist gets, the better for him because his article gets the hits.

Ben will probably take alot of heat this week but it is the O line that needs to take a hard look at their performance. I just hope Ben does not get hurt until they do. I am not understanding these lackluster road games.

I believe that Tomlin will get the guys up for a knockout blow to the Dolphins and they will want to prove that they are still a great team.

KEEP THE FAITH STEELERS FANS!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Ah, OK - in the case of Batch, yeah, 4-6 or 5-5 would be more like it.

I'm not packing in this season either....Thats how much confidence I have in Big Ben I really think Big Ben is one of those players that can change the tides of a game....He took his lumps yesterday but hey I'm sure he is going to rebound....The due is a warrior and he is the perfect QB for this team......I really just want Arians to go no-huddle with Ben in the shotgun and just it fly.....With the Oline struggles this could throw defenses off balance.....

fansince'76
11-19-2007, 06:56 PM
He apparently is a Colts fan and in his opinion as a Colts fan believes that the Colts are and have always been a superior team to the Steelers. Didn't quote any factual material but instead bashed Ben and everyone he could think of in Pittsburgh.

Three words: 2005 Divisional game.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Just got off the CBS Sportsline.com site where some clown was bashing the Steelers, Ben and women in Pittsburgh. This guy refered to Ben as "AWFULBERGER and that yesterdays loss was basically his fault.

Never the less Ben is still a GREAT QB and has gotten this team to where they are in the season. The columnists on ESPN and every other site need something to play up so the readers get on and respond an post. The more posts a columnist gets, the better for him because his article gets the hits.

Ben will probably take alot of heat this week but it is the O line that needs to take a hard look at their performance. I just hope Ben does not get hurt until they do. I am not understanding these lackluster road games.

I believe that Tomlin will get the guys up for a knockout blow to the Dolphins and they will want to prove that they are still a great team.

KEEP THE FAITH STEELERS FANS!!!

Yea Peyton had another stellar game yesterday...lol so that Colts fan can suck a big one.......Ben threw for more yards and had more TD passes then Peyton yesterday....lol

Steelfan4ever
11-19-2007, 07:15 PM
This clown although intitled to his opinion, really got my goat with his "genius" posting on the CBS site.

Better yet how about all the fat Pittsburgh bitches who all wear xxxl jerseys of Ward and Awfulberger....You see them every Sunday no matter what part of the country you are in....

The Steeler organization over the Colts...pleaaasssee.....Not even close...Pats and Colts are noted top models by every intelligent sports person out there...You won 4 titles in the 70's and 1 since....Cowher was the biggest underachiever and choke before he finally won one...Shut up and tell your wife to take off her xxxxl jersey and to shave for god's sake.

A guy I would like to meet at a STEELERS game!!!!

I calmly posted a response to his "expert" observations and "intelligent" physico-babel.

I LOVE PEOPLE OF FACT!!

Steelfan4ever
11-19-2007, 07:17 PM
I bet his mom is proud of him

fansince'76
11-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Cowher was the biggest underachiever and choke before he finally won one...

Wow - that dude has a short memory. Whose QB was known as the biggest choker in the NFL before last February?

Steelfan4ever
11-19-2007, 07:20 PM
No, No fansince 76!!!

Thats not my posting. I was a quote from a bonehead that posted on the CBS site!! I should have put it in quotations.

I WOULD NEVER BASH MY STEELERS!!!!

Steelfan4ever
11-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh ok sorry.

I reread your posting......SORRY

fansince'76
11-19-2007, 07:21 PM
No, No fansince 76!!!

Thats not my posting. I was a quote from a bonehead that posted on the CBS site!! I should have put it in quotations.

I WOULD NEVER BASH MY STEELERS!!!!

Oh, I know - that's why I said THAT dude instead of THIS dude. :smile:

EDIT: There, I fixed it. :cheers:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Wow - that dude has a short memory. Whose QB was known as the biggest choker in the NFL before last February?

Not only that but Peyton had his usual play-off lack luster performances.....The Colts running game and defense is the reason that team won the Super Bowl.....Ben's play in the play-offs was much better then Peyton in their teams run tot he Super Bowl......:tt02::tt02::tt02:

This is why I hate Peyton Manning...Colts fans just think he is Christ in football cleats...lol I have to hear 24/7 living in Indiana.....My boss at work never was a Colts fan until they won it all last year...Now I have to hear Peyton this and Peyton that at work...I just want to yuck in his face...lol

Steelfan4ever
11-19-2007, 07:23 PM
This was my response to the knuclkehead:

WOW!! coltsrbest2

Ya know I usually don't respond to lack of intelligence and ignorance to other people but when I see nonsense like this utter babel, I can't help myself. I have no beef with the Colts and truely believe they are among the elete in the NFL but before you go and bash a great team like Pittsburgh, you should A, know the facts, B, know something about the team and the quality of players and C, worry about your own team and their performance when the playoffs come.

The Steelers problems lie within the performance of the O line and not Ben. The O line is under performing and their weakness in that area has been exposed.

The comments concerning personal insults and the ones made about the things you do not know anything about typically show ones ignorance. When that happens on a public forum like this, the only thing you accomplish is people will ignore you because you attack and do not speak from fact.

Crushzilla
11-19-2007, 07:25 PM

I've had an Awfulberger. They are terrible. Trust me. Ben is neither as terrible or as high in calories.

I'm going to take faith in Ben taking his 5-1 playoff record to the bank come January.

Steelfan4ever
11-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Ben's play has remained steady for 95% of the season if not more. Again, the weaknesses of the O line have been exposed by other teams that have played copycat. I believe the STEELERS will find a solution to the problem but I think Ben will need better protection (ie better guys on the line next year).

Ben is the BIGGEST constant on the O line.