PDA

View Full Version : heath miller vs. matt jones

tony hipchest
10-16-2005, 12:37 PM
anyone know what the steelers plans were on draft day if jones and miller were still on the board? i think steelers would be more attracted to millers blocking skills and being a true tight end. he was coming off hernia surgery though and jones has a ton of unknown upside. i think we got the right player for our scheme. but i sure wouldve enjoyed watching m. jones as an offensive weapon with his height and speed.

ironcitychef
10-17-2005, 02:14 AM
A sure Miller pick. He always had top 20 skills but got dinged, dropping him. Where as Jones is a pick ahead of projection and hope he matches upside.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2005, 02:21 AM
everybody on draft day had us either trading down or getting matt jones... but Im more than happy w/ Heath..he's gonna be special for us.

ironcitychef
10-17-2005, 02:37 AM
I think we would have been tempted, but that would have been a crowded WR space and lots of money at one position. We might have faked some more to see if we could drop 1-3 spots and still get Miller.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-17-2005, 12:18 PM
I think we would have still drafted Miller.The top-two reciever spots were basicly locked up by Ward and ARE.And what if Jones doesn't reach potential?Then it's a 1st-round bust,while Miller is going to be a premier TE in the NFL.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-17-2005, 03:04 PM
i really believe miller is going to be a prominent tight end in the nfl. But like i have said before, i hope the steelers use miller more than just blocking, and how they have used other TE>

once miller becomes a threat it will open our passing game up, as well as our running game..

SteelProven
10-17-2005, 06:11 PM
Well this week on the sideline should have shown Ben that if utilized properly he can be valuable asset. Hopefully this is a sign to come.