PDA

View Full Version : i wouldnt be suprised if we lost to miami...

tony hipchest
11-19-2007, 09:30 PM
...OR if we beat the (likely to be) undefeated patriots.

i think us, as fans, are riding the rollercoaster tomlin has tried so hard to prevent the team from riding. the media are definitely on it.

i would rather ride a freight train. but that simply isnt the case at this point. i sure hope the steelers dont think they got the division wrapped up. we still gotta face the bungles and ravens in what will be their superbowl for the year (playing spoiler against the steelers.

plus we got the patrios and jaguars (definitely no sure win)

plus we got the rams on the road (who almost all steelerfans have penciled in as losers). personally i think a healthy rams offens will be twice as tough as any of the offenses we have lost to this season.

6 games remaining, and each 1 is a potential loss. = 6 potential losses.

6-0, 3-3, 0-6 are all possibilities, as is any other variation. miami is now the most important game of the year. dont theink we cant lose it. at this point they have as much pride and history to play for as we do. joey knows to kick us when were down.

Preacher
11-19-2007, 09:36 PM
I would like for us to lose 3 more, then win the last three... and then head into the playoffs in the 6th seed....

Hmmm... has anyone done that before?

tony hipchest
11-19-2007, 09:44 PM
i would rather have enough rope by beating the teams we should beat, and leaving no doubt. since that isnt the case i will be respectful of the fact that any team can pull off a miracle just like the 05 steelers did.

if the steelers think they have already secured a playoff berth, there is another trap game or 2 like the jets, just laying in wait.

that is the reality of the matter and it is time the steelers kick it into high gear and start playing scared as opposed to secure.

stillers4me
11-19-2007, 10:14 PM
I would like for us to lose 3 more, then win the last three... and then head into the playoffs in the 6th seed....

Hmmm... has anyone done that before?

I don't know, Preach...........sounds pretty impossible to me. :wink02:

Borski
11-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't know, Preach...........sounds pretty impossible to me. :wink02:

its not impossible, teams do it every year....i dont know if any of them got far in the playoffs though....:hunch:

iloveben7
11-20-2007, 12:04 AM
^Well someone has to enter as a 6th seed every year, but no one has entered as a
6th seed, won all 4 games on the road, including the Superbowl, except us

Tankus_Maximus
11-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Nah...I wanna win every game, every Sunday.....I hate losing....really...really...really hate losing.

hellbread
11-20-2007, 01:25 AM
any given sunday. they show up they win if they dont they lose. pretty much how it goes with any team.

Steelman16
11-20-2007, 01:51 AM
I know this will sound absurd, but as I looked at our schedyle, I saw a pattern: Lemme explain....

Ok, so we beat the Browns, Bills and Niners.

W
W
W

Then, we lose to the Cards

L

Then we beat the Seahags.

W

Then we lose to the Broncos

L

Then we go on another 3 game winning streak, beating the the Bungles, Ratbirds and Browns.

W
W
W

Then we lose to New York.

L

Sooooooo, all that to say that I see a weird pattern. 3 game win streak. Lose one. Win one, lose one. Another 3 game streak, lose one.............see where I'm headed?

OK, so according to the "plan", the rest of our schedule is as follows:

W - Dolphins
L - Bungles (ouch, yes I know)
W - Patricheats
W - Jacksonville
W - Rams
L - Ratbirds

Ok, ya'll prolly think I'm weird. But hey, losses like the Jets game will do weird things to you. :toofunny:

hellbread
11-20-2007, 02:00 AM
and that bungle loss would have to be at home...that is weird.

fansince'76
11-20-2007, 02:13 AM
and that bungle loss would have to be at home...that is weird.

Not out of the question, though - since 2005, the home team has lost every game in the Steelers/Bengals series.

hellbread
11-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Not out of the question, though - since 2005, the home team has lost every game in the Steelers/Bengals series.

no game is really out of the question... i think any loss at our home turf is odd. :tt02:

Galax Steeler
11-20-2007, 04:36 AM
I think it is time we start playing some football and go into the playoffs with a full head of steam.

steelpride12
11-20-2007, 07:02 AM
I would be very surprised if we lost to Miami because were not like that to lose 2 in a row to horrible team and anything worse than a perfect effort by us against the pats will be a surprise too.

Im on the kiddie land coaster with Tomlin i trust in him and everything he does expect one silly thing(KREIDER), but overall i think him and Arians are great guys who im happy we have around for while!

revefsreleets
11-20-2007, 10:43 AM
If we lose to Miami, it will be bad, bad, bad. They are one of the worst teams in NFL history. I don't even want to joke about it.

Borski
11-20-2007, 08:13 PM
OK, so according to the "plan", the rest of our schedule is as follows:

W - Dolphins
L - Bungles (ouch, yes I know)
W - Patricheats
W - Jacksonville
W - Rams
L - Ratbirds

Ok, ya'll prolly think I'm weird. But hey, losses like the Jets game will do weird things to you. :toofunny:

I deffently dont want to lose, but a loss to the bungals would theoretically get us really pumped up for revenge and take it out on the next team...the Pats

...not that we cant beat both

Edman
11-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Why not? This team has proven it can lose to anyone. Even the worst teams in the league.

SteelCityMan786
11-20-2007, 10:29 PM
If we lose to Miami, it will be bad, bad, bad. They are one of the worst teams in NFL history. I don't even want to joke about it.

If that happens, I'm taking an extra 4 days off school. :sofunny:

Steel Warrior
11-20-2007, 10:57 PM
We won't lose to the fish, I make no promises for the rest of the schedule.
:smoker:

hellbread
11-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Why not? This team has proven it can lose to anyone. Even the worst teams in the league.

which team are u talking about? the jets? they may have a crap record but the record doesnt reflect the talent. the cards? they will be a playoff contender if not this year then next year... or the broncos? which made on of the top defenses in the league look like a high school squad last nite. we havent lost to any bad teams.

tony hipchest
11-21-2007, 01:05 AM
which team are u talking about? the jets? they may have a crap record but the record doesnt reflect the talent. the cards? they will be a playoff contender if not this year then next year... or the broncos? which made on of the top defenses in the league look like a high school squad last nite. we havent lost to any bad teams.actually the jets record perfectly reflects their YOUNG talent. they are a 2-8 team.

the cards? arent much without a. boldin and we still lost to them. a playoff contender? the nfc west has a recent history of sending 8-8 teams to the playoffs. thats not saying much.

and denver? how does what they did last night negate the fact that our great steelers defense allowed matt leinart, jay cutler, and kelly freaking clements drive down the field in the most crucial of moments?

thats ****ing disgusting. :banging::banging: :banging: pardon my french but the steelers should be bending them boys over.

what do they collectively have? 16 career NFL starts between them?

:dang: unbelievable :dang:

Rhee Rhee
11-21-2007, 01:29 AM
what would help is if we trounced the dolphins.. not just trounced demoralized... wait even thats not good enough.. humiliate them so bad we become the bad boys.. im tinkin 56-3? basically blow 'em out and afterwardss get enough steam and enough confidence in our players to carry that energy onto the patriots who will be underestimating us

Borski
11-21-2007, 12:06 PM
what would help is if we trounced the dolphins.. not just trounced demoralized... wait even thats not good enough.. humiliate them so bad we become the bad boys.. im tinkin 56-3? basically blow 'em out and afterwardss get enough steam and enough confidence in our players to carry that energy onto the patriots who will be underestimating us

change the 3 into a zero and we're set:tt02:

Lefturn
11-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Damn, way to get behind your team