PDA

View Full Version : question about MNF game vs Dolphins

fugawzi
11-19-2007, 08:38 PM
am I gonna get beat up or have beer thrown on me for wearing my Dolphins jersey and cap to the game Monday?

jjpro11
11-19-2007, 08:53 PM
if you wear a shirt with your avatar on it.. nobody will care what you are there for.

fugawzi
11-19-2007, 09:01 PM
yea she's hott

nojobny
11-19-2007, 11:29 PM
No. Steelers fans are class act so no worries. You will hear a comment or two but no biggie.

Now... if you got there and shoot off your mouth and talk crap about the Steelers....:bat:

stlrtruck
11-20-2007, 10:05 AM
It's doubtful that any Steelers fan will pour beer on you (but let it be known that yes even Heinz Field houses it's fair share of drunken idiots).

However, you are more than welcome to join my best friend as the only two phish fans in the stadium!

alittlejazzbird
11-20-2007, 10:23 AM
am I gonna get beat up or have beer thrown on me for wearing my Dolphins jersey and cap to the game Monday?

Truthfully, I think most fans in attendance are going to be way too nervous at first to pay any attention to you.

Seriously, though, aside from the unavoidable drunken morons found at every stadium, you'll generally find Steelers fans to be very friendly and tolerant of other team's fans. They'll probably bust your chops for the Dolphin attire, but it's good-natured teasing.

revefsreleets
11-20-2007, 10:45 AM

Not at Heinz. But your safety would not be guaranteed in Cleveland Stadium. Bunch of hooligans there.

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2007, 11:55 AM

I have never seen a fan of the opposition have beer thrown on him at Heinz Field. Plus, it's not as if you are a divisional team. You might get heckled a bit (occurs in every stadium), but that's all I would be willing to bet.

SteelerFanInCA
11-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Don't we usually just waste the beer on bungles & ratbird fans?

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Don't we usually just waste the beer on bungles & ratbird fans?

Us Steeler fans waste beer? Your crazy. :wink02:

SteelerFanInCA
11-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Us Steeler fans waste beer? Your crazy. :wink02:

My bad. :dang: I stand corrected.

LVSteelersfan
11-20-2007, 01:20 PM
That is alcohol abuse. No beer throwing please. I am sure that would happen in Oakland or Cleveland or Philly (really high class places) but not in Pittsburgh.

Steel Warrior
11-20-2007, 01:34 PM
When I go to other teams stadiums, and I've been to quite a few, I've found it's best if you go everywhere with a buddy, especially the mens room. One drunken bozo is less likely to start something with two guys. I've had more problems at Buffalo than anywhere.
:smoker:

alittlejazzbird
11-20-2007, 01:48 PM
When I go to other teams stadiums, and I've been to quite a few, I've found it's best if you go everywhere with a buddy, especially the mens room. One drunken bozo is less likely to start something with two guys. I've had more problems at Buffalo than anywhere.
:smoker:

I'll tell ya, my first trip to Giants Stadium this past Sunday will be my last. I too have been to a lot of other teams' stadiums, but I've never encountered the unfriendly rudeness and open hostility that I found among Jets fans. Apparently they even turn on their own kind -- see my related "Home is Hostile Territory" post in the "NFL" threads.

Heinz Field and Lambeau are the two friendliest, by far, that I've ever been to. Really nice people, with the inevitable few drunken idiots.

Dino 6 Rings
11-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Pittsburgh isn't Philly or NY, you'll be fine. Wear your Dolphins Jersey. the Burgh has a soft spot for Marino as well, so if you wear his Jersey you'll probably make friends.

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Pittsburgh isn't Philly or NY, you'll be fine. Wear your Dolphins Jersey. the Burgh has a soft spot for Marino as well, so if you wear his Jersey you'll probably make friends.

Good point with Marino. Even a Jason Taylor (also from the Burgh) would do.

The_WARDen
11-20-2007, 03:20 PM

You will get beer thrown on your shirt only if you look like your avator! :bouncy:

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2007, 03:25 PM
You will get beer thrown on your shirt only if you look like your avator! :bouncy:

Now if that's the case, where are you sitting fugawzi? :tt02::wink02:

Stlrs4Life
11-20-2007, 06:09 PM

Exactly, outside of the old "Your team sucks" you'll be fine.

fugawzi
11-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Good point with Marino. Even a Jason Taylor (also from the Burgh) would do.

I was actually thinkin of blowin' the dust off my old Ricky Williams jersey since he might play...haha

Now if that's the case, where are you sitting fugawzi? :tt02::wink02:

lowers behind the Stillers' bench, and I look more like the joey porter avatar than the hott 'phins chick avatar

cubanstogie
11-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I am a Steeler fan in bay area, I went to the last two game we played in oakland. Last year being ugly game, and about 8 years ago when we killed the Raiders. Anyway never wear my Steelers apparel due to the most classless fans you will ever find. (never been to the dog pound though)8 years ago after getting a pretty good buzz I was rooting and cheering making it pretty obvious I was rooting for Steelers. My buddies and I were showered with food and other crap. No beer though, I guess even stupid Raider fans know not to waste an 8 dollar beer. Nice to hear Heinz is a safe place even for visiting fans.

steelcity58
11-22-2007, 09:14 PM

I'm from another state, and have attended two games with my dad who wears his
non Steeler/other team fan jacket all the time....whilst me with my Terrible Towel
and a 58 (LAMBERT) jersey, STEELERS hoody or t-shirt on beside him.

You'll get some friendly razzing from the tailgating crowd, but Pittsburgh and especially
native Steeler fans are some of the most decent and just good people I have met.

Yeah, Steeler fans live and die by their team, but don't worry about it.

Pittsburgh has far more class than say...Philly.:tt02:

jjpro11
11-22-2007, 10:31 PM
i didnt see anyone dump anything on seahawks fans when i went.. and i was way up in the bleachers. there was definitely some taunting when they left early in the 4th quarter. but no cussing or throwing of anything. if you dont trash talk or act like an idiot you should be fine.

TopDawg1977
11-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Not at Heinz. But your safety would not be guaranteed in Cleveland Stadium. Bunch of hooligans there.

nah...you'll only get beat up at our stadium for donning steelers gear :flap:

Stu Pidasso
11-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Here's a story for ya: I'm a die hard Steeler fan. My wife is a die hard Browns fan. We got to the Steelers-browns game every year. Only once in the 7 times we've gone that somebody has given my wife a hard time, and that was the last time the Browns beat the Steelers.

Of course, I'm 6'1 324 lbs., so that might play a factor... :)

My advice? Keep it to friendly bantering, have a good time, and you'll be fine.

nojobny
11-23-2007, 04:35 PM
I'll tell ya, my first trip to Giants Stadium this past Sunday will be my last. I too have been to a lot of other teams' stadiums, but I've never encountered the unfriendly rudeness and open hostility that I found among Jets fans. Apparently they even turn on their own kind -- see my related "Home is Hostile Territory" post in the "NFL" threads.

Heinz Field and Lambeau are the two friendliest, by far, that I've ever been to. Really nice people, with the inevitable few drunken idiots.

ITA... Jets fans suck and the Patriot fans are worse. I went to a Jets/Patriot game a couple of years ago and they were horrible.