PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Offence

Ricco Suavez
11-19-2007, 09:30 PM
The opinion widely held on this board is that our O-Line is suspect at best. What I want to know is what we can do to improve our chances of being a productive unit on offence. Some suggestions are designed rollouts for BB, full backfields to allow FWP some lead blocking to perhaps boost our meager yards per attempts, full backfields to give BB some added protection. Mixing up our playcalling so BB is not forced into so many 3rd and long situations(he has been very good at this though). I know our coaches are smarter football people than everyone on this board but this is for our discussion as fans. Love my Steelers and want the best for them.

Borski
11-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Suggestions for Offence

We dont need our players to commit any offences, thats the bungals job :wink02:

fugawzi
11-19-2007, 09:39 PM
We dont need our players to commit any offences, thats the bungals job :wink02:

that's funny

hellbread
11-20-2007, 12:16 AM
we have a 07 pro bowler in big ben. we have the 2nd leading rusher in the nfl. we have some of the best COMPLETE receiving corp in the league...nope i think the only thing to improve is the oline. better oline = bigger holes for the running game so we wont have so many 3rd and long... also i think if ben had more time to throw the ball it would open up the play book immensly.

Galax Steeler
11-20-2007, 03:39 AM
suggestions for the offense is to block like hell and open up holes for willie not the deffense.

revefsreleets
11-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Seriously, we could run more screens. Since the screen pass is designed to let the defenders rush past the offensive line unabated, it is the one assignment I'm SURE all 5 of these guys could perform well.

Of course, we run into trouble asking them to block at the second level, but Rome wasn't built in a day, either.

Rotorhead
11-20-2007, 10:03 AM
I think our best option at this stage is use a lead blocker. Def's are going to use the Jets playbook and start spying Ben, so that means an extra defender in the box on running plays. A full backfield is just another blocker on pass protection and an extra blocker to help open up holes. Put Najeh back there and we have 2 legitimate handoff options on ever running play! We have both short yardage and HR capability that other teams have to think about. We won't be able to run the multiple TE's that Arians is so happy about, but Heath doesnt really need it IMO. If Ben has time back there, we will have a good passing game (Heath on short crossing routes, Ward as a possesion receiver, Holmes as a deep threat)