PDA

View Full Version : Sean Mahan

Lord Stiller
11-19-2007, 11:17 PM
worst free agent signing by the Steelers EVER!!!

touchdownward
11-19-2007, 11:20 PM
What about Duce Staley, he wore a sweatsuit as much as he did pads on gameday.:smile:

HometownGal
11-19-2007, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't go that far, but his play the last couple of games has been shoddy at best. I watched this guy in TC and was absolutely amazed at how well he held the defenders back - Big Snack couldn't even get by him and was very frustrated that he couldn't. I had high hopes for him and I'm not giving up on him yet, but he's no Hartings that's for sure.

The Duke
11-19-2007, 11:33 PM
What about Duce Staley, he wore a sweatsuit as much as he did pads on gameday.:smile:

Yes, duce is definitely the worst

I wouldn't go that far, but his play the last couple of games has been shoddy at best. I watched this guy in TC and was absolutely amazed at how well he held the defenders back - Big Snack couldn't even get by him and was very frustrated that he couldn't. I had high hopes for him and I'm not giving up on him yet, but he's no Hartings that's for sure.

I remember your comments on Sean at TC and that's what got me excited about him. so far he hasn't done much and constantly struggles with the shotgun snap.

I'll give him some more time to adapt, but our QB's life is at stake if he doesn't improve, as well as the rest of the line

hellbread
11-20-2007, 12:31 AM
i dont think mahan has played as bad as people think...well as pass coverage goes. from the games that i have watched 70% of the sacks/rushes arent from the middle they are from the LT/LG position. but it would be nice to see him make a nice hole once in a while. that would be my only complaint about mahan.

OneForTheToe
11-20-2007, 01:12 AM
i dont think mahan has played as bad as people think...well as pass coverage goes. from the games that i have watched 70% of the sacks/rushes arent from the middle they are from the LT/LG position. but it would be nice to see him make a nice hole once in a while. that would be my only complaint about mahan.

I agree with that. I actually thought his run blocking yesterday was better than the rest of the line. That is not exactly high praise, but I was watching him on a few of the runs up the middle and I tought he did ok. Someone posted earier that he was responsible for one of the sacks, so that speaks to his pass blocking.

Steeldude
11-20-2007, 01:52 AM
perhaps they should move him to guard(a better position for him) next year. someone is going to have to take faneca's place.

Steelman16
11-20-2007, 01:54 AM
I personally have not been overly impressed with Mahan, but I haven't been overly disapointed either. So I guess that equals just so-so play.

jjpro11
11-20-2007, 02:11 AM
isnt this his first year at center? its gotta take some time to adjust from playing guard to center.

Galax Steeler
11-20-2007, 04:42 AM
isnt this his first year at center? its gotta take some time to adjust from playing guard to center.

He better adjust quick or we are going to get killed.

jjpro11
11-20-2007, 04:47 AM
He better adjust quick or we are going to get killed.

i hear ya.

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 11:20 AM

Atleast Duce played really good his first 8 games

Mahan should be benched if not cut

Jman
11-20-2007, 11:34 AM
I actually think he has done an ok job. As HTG said, he's no Jeff Hartings, but he has done a good job of securing the middle of the line.

I'd take him over Okobi any day of the week.

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Mahan is like a turnstile in the middle

If you think he is doing okay then you must not pay attention

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2007, 12:05 PM

Only if he gets benched in the next month and then cut.

That is what happened with FA CB Donnell Woolford - brought in from the Bears to replace Woodson at CB in 1997, benched with Carnell Lake moving back to CB by the end of the season, and then cut (back in the day when the Rooneys had no $$ to toss on FA mistakes)

IMO Woolford is the reigning champ for worst FA signing.

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Only if he gets benched in the next month and then cut.

That is precisely what should happen

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-20-2007, 12:12 PM

Mahan gave up 2 1/2 sacks on Sunday.

I wonder if Simmons and Mahan should switch positions?

alittlejazzbird
11-20-2007, 12:13 PM

Sorry, I respectfully have to disagree with this. Up until the Jets game, you haven't heard Mahan's name mentioned once. For a center, that's a great thing. It means he's doing his job. Mahan has impossibly large shoes to fill in his position on this team, but so far he's doing OK - maybe not great, but he's not horrible either. He is far from the only reason that the offensive line is having trouble. Ben is most often getting sacked from the perimeter, not straight up the middle.

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Mahan gave up 2 1/2 sacks on Sunday.

I wonder if Simmons and Mahan should switch positions?

They should both play the same position....on the bench

Kemo should definitely be starting. Might as well give the rookie Stapleton a shot also.

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Sorry, I respectfully have to disagree with this. Up until the Jets game, you haven't heard Mahan's name mentioned once.

That's because people like you have no idea what they are talking about.

Mahan has played like garbage all year long. It is way too obvious

HometownGal
11-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Mahan is a natural G and has had to adjust to the C position with the Steelers. I'm not going to ride him out of Pittsburgh after his first 10 games with the team for God's sake. Maybe he is the heir apparent to Faneca and then we'll be able to see him in his natural position. You people need to learn the art of patience. It's not like the guy totally stinks up the OL - for the most part, he's done his job imho, but he doesn't look like the brute I saw in TC. That's basically all I was saying in my first post.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Mahan is a natural G and has had to adjust to the C position with the Steelers. I'm not going to ride him out of Pittsburgh after his first 10 games with the team for God's sake. Maybe he is the heir apparent to Faneca and then we'll be able to see him in his natural position. You people need to learn the art of patience. It's not like the guy totally stinks up the OL - for the most part, he's done his job imho, but he doesn't look like the brute I saw in TC. That's basically all I was saying in my first post.

I agree with you HTG..I think the best five O-linemen are starting every sunday...but I still wonder if Simmons might not be a better fit at Center..and Mahan would be a better guard.

alittlejazzbird
11-20-2007, 12:25 PM

OK, you've posted six times in this thread, each one saying basically the same thing. Clearly you feel very emotionally about your subject. If I have no idea what I'm talking about, then instead of blanket one-line statements saying he's crap and should be cut, why not produce some stats and factual information that back up your position?

Informed opinions are eagerly welcomed by all in this forum, even when we disagree. But I don't appreciate being told that I don't know what I'm talking about, when every single time I post, I back it up with information and ideas that support my position. You absolutely don't have to agree with me, but please show me the courtesy of telling me why.

fansince'76
11-20-2007, 12:28 PM

OK, disagreeing with someone is one thing, but telling someone they don't know what they're talking about is another. What exactly makes you such an expert? Please cool it.

HometownGal
11-20-2007, 12:42 PM
OK, you've posted six times in this thread, each one saying basically the same thing. Clearly you feel very emotionally about your subject. If I have no idea what I'm talking about, then instead of blanket one-line statements saying he's crap and should be cut, why not produce some stats and factual information that back up your position?

Informed opinions are eagerly welcomed by all in this forum, even when we disagree. But I don't appreciate being told that I don't know what I'm talking about, when every single time I post, I back it up with information and ideas that support my position. You absolutely don't have to agree with me, but please show me the courtesy of telling me why.

I agree jazzy. :cheers:

C'mon people - show a little respect to your fellow Steelers fans, huh?

SteelerFanInCA
11-20-2007, 12:42 PM
As far as I can see Mahan seems to be holding his own. He may have slacked off the last game but from the entire season stand point, he isn't all that bad.

revefsreleets
11-20-2007, 12:59 PM
It's a good thing we aren't NASA. With this many experts all of such varying opinions, we couldn't make a paper airplane fly, let alone a satellite or space shuttle!

BlastFurnace
11-20-2007, 01:01 PM

Did you not see Donnel Woolford play CB as a replacement for Woodson?

How about Travis Davis at Safety?

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 01:58 PM

stats? they dont keep stats for playing like crap

And I dont buy the whole 'transition' from guard to center BS. You either know how to block or not. Hartings had no trouble at all with the transition

BlastFurnace
11-20-2007, 02:16 PM

And I dont buy the whole 'transition' from guard to center BS. You either know how to block or not. Hartings had no trouble at all with the transition

Hartings was also an All Pro offensive lineman at Guard before he came to Pittsburgh. Mahan was not and probably never will be.

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Hartings was also an All Pro offensive lineman at Guard before he came to Pittsburgh. Mahan was not and probably never will be.

Exactly. Mahan was a scrub in Tampa Bay and a scrub here

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-20-2007, 03:11 PM

And I dont buy the whole 'transition' from guard to center BS. You either know how to block or not.

1) Stats are kept on all players..regardless of whether they play like crap or not.

2) There is a transition from years of blocking at the snap...and actually starting your block as you are snapping the ball and making sure you smoothly get the ball to the QB. Its not "BS", and all coaches, scouts, and anyone who has played the line knows it isnt "BS"

3) Comparisons to Harting are unfair when you consider that there may be 2-3 starting centers in the NFL right now that have reached the level that Hartings reached. Unless we are willing to spend O-line money like some of the latest elite Guard signings...You arent going to get a "Jeff Harting" and you had better hope you can pick up a future stud in the draft and/or make due with a wave player until someone developes

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 03:25 PM
1) Stats are kept on all players..regardless of whether they play like crap or not.

What stats do they have for offensive lineman besides sacks given up (which would be double without Ben's escapability.)

They dont have stats for getting pushed into the back field every play.

Here's some stats for you:

Dewayne Robertson:

before Sunday: 11 sacks in 70 career games

Sunday: 3 sacks on weakass Mahan

happy??

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-20-2007, 03:34 PM
What stats do they have for offensive lineman besides sacks given up (which would be double without Ben's escapability.)

I believe that pnacakes are also kept.

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I believe that pnacakes are also kept.

good point

Sean Mahan - ZERO pancakes on the year

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-20-2007, 03:45 PM

They dont have stats for getting pushed into the back field every play.

Here's some stats for you:

Dewayne Robertson:

before Sunday: 11 sacks in 70 career games

Sunday: 3 sacks on weakass Mahan

happy??

Actually it was 2 1/2 sacks..and I already stated that earlier if you would take the time to read posts instead of just flaming them.

...and they keep stats not only on just sacks...but on penalties...pancake blocks....and even where the defense is getting through to "hurry" the QB. Just because these other numbers are not in your Monday morning paper for quick reference doesnt mean the coaching staff doesnt track every little nuance of the game.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-20-2007, 03:46 PM
good point

Sean Mahan - ZERO pancakes on the year

Show me your reference on this stat please.

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Actually it was 2 1/2 sacks..and I already stated that earlier if you would take the time to read posts instead of just flaming them.

...and they keep stats not only on just sacks...but on penalties...pancake blocks....and even where the defense is getting through to "hurry" the QB. Just because these other numbers are not in your Monday morning paper for quick reference doesnt mean the coaching staff doesnt track every little nuasance of the game.

Whatever, the post gazette printed 3 sacks

You have no access to any of these stats that coaches keep, so you have no idea what you are talking about.

Mahan and Simmons have been getting schooled all year, get a clue

Keep being blind and drinking your Mahan koolaid, whatever

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Mahan may have given up 2 & 1/2 or 3 sacks, but that now makes 2 long time and respected posters on this board you have trashed in this thread alone for no reason.

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Show me your reference on this stat please.

Show me a reference that shows otherwise

I had a website that ranked offensive lineman play but it is really a subjective thing

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-20-2007, 03:58 PM

You have no access to any of these stats that coaches keep, so you have no idea what you are talking about.

Nice backup with insults instead of facts....almost feel like I'm on a Bengal board.

1) Read the posts!!! I said tha Mahan had 2 1/2 sacks against him in one game...I said that he needs to be moved from center. Disagreeing with you is in no way.."drinking the Koolaid

2) I never said I had access to every stat..I simply stated that your statements cant be backed up and in fact were WRONG, since you think the only stat kept on the OL is sacks.

3) I usually enjoy your posts but for some reason you seem bent on demeaning everyone else in this thread and throwing around insults instead of having a discussion....In my world it would be you....who needs to "get a clue" and start talking football instead of acting like your from Cincy.

The Duke
11-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Show me a reference that shows otherwise

I had a website that ranked offensive lineman play but it is really a subjective thing

what' the website?

fansince'76
11-20-2007, 04:02 PM

Have a nice month's vacation, pal. You were warned.

The Duke
11-20-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm telling ya, the losses bring the worst out of the fans.....

fansince'76
11-20-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm telling ya, the losses bring the worst out of the fans.....

Knew this was going to be a sh*tty week, and so far, I haven't been "disappointed."

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Have a nice month's vacation, pal. You were warned.

:nw::nw::yep::nw::nw:

Rhee Rhee
11-21-2007, 01:40 AM
we have high standards at center.... mike webster jeff hartings that other dude.. dermonti dawson i tink? hard to live up to those standards... but still u can't get owned by dwayne robertson i mean seriously.. come on

Steeldude
11-22-2007, 08:55 AM
I agree with that. I actually thought his run blocking yesterday was better than the rest of the line. That is not exactly high praise, but I was watching him on a few of the runs up the middle and I tought he did ok. Someone posted earier that he was responsible for one of the sacks, so that speaks to his pass blocking.

all i can say is "wow".

mahan was abused all day long like the jets' robertson.

read this review of the O-line play

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=1765

i am not saying this guy is an authority, but his does devote a lot of time to his post-examinations.

MasterOfPuppets
11-22-2007, 11:26 AM
It's a good thing we aren't NASA. With this many experts all of such varying opinions, we couldn't make a paper airplane fly, let alone a satellite or space shuttle!i have a engineering degree in paper aeronautics from east side elementary. here is my latest design.....

http://http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5674/origamif16gc1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Black@Gold Forever32
11-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Well Sean Mahan has played center before....He played center in college at Notre Dame......So he does have some experience at playing the position.....But so far to me he has been average and lacks the strength for the center position we're accustomed to seeing...He rarely gets any push against those huge NTs.....But he also might be better suited for OG so its not all his fault....

Really though when we signed this guy....What were your expectations of him?....I know I didn't expect the next Ray Mansfield,Mike Webster,Dirt Dawson and Jeff Hartings....So he is far from the worst FA signing to me......

I remember reading Oline coach Larry Zierlein mentioning he likes bigger centers around draft time and he urged for the team to draft Justin Blalock.........Even though Blalock played OT/OG at Texas.....Zierlein thought he could make the transition to center and loved his size at 6/3 and 320 pounds....So I wouldn't be surprised if the team drafts somebody around that size to play center....There is a kid from Oregon State who is an OG and is listed at 317 but could play center also....I think he will be on the Steelers wish list.....

MasterOfPuppets
11-22-2007, 11:34 AM
....There is a kid from Oregon State who is an OG and is listed at 317 but could play center also....I think he will be on the Steelers wish list..
roy schuening (sp?)....he could probably be had in late 2nd,early 3rd. i don't know if he has the quickness to play center.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-22-2007, 11:41 AM
roy schuening (sp?)....he could probably be had in late 2nd,early 3rd. i don't know if he has the quickness to play center.

Thats him.......I was reading that he could make the transition to center....But if he can't we still need an OG to replace Faneca...So I would draft him to play OG also....:thumbsup:

zoneblitz43
11-23-2007, 09:30 AM
I had high hopes for Mahan. He looked really good during training camp and preseason. What happened? I think we should give Simmons a try at center and put Kemo in at RG. Simmons has played well the past few games and Kemo has the talent to be a starter.

Mosca
11-23-2007, 11:00 AM
You know, Chukky Okobi is probably available......

Mosca
11-23-2007, 11:13 AM
And seriously; this kind of makes me wonder, just what was wrong with Okobi? Was it just the money?

Mahan isn't awful; what he is is not up to the standards that we've come to expect at the position. He's probably dead average. But on an elite team, "average" sticks out like a sore thumb. Anyone who is average on this team is not up to Steelers standards; average play makes us exploitable in the same way all the 6-4/5-5/4-6 teams are exploitable.

Tom

lilyoder6
11-23-2007, 11:50 AM
i think he's doing all right for his 1st yr in our off... if if we keep him around next yr he should be a lot better..

HometownGal
11-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Mahan isn't awful; what he is is not up to the standards that we've come to expect at the position. He's probably dead average. Tom

Considering that he isn't a natural center, I don't think he's done all that bad. He's played OG for almost his entire career before coming to the Steelers, other than a few games here and there. I think we should draft a center and move him over to one side or the other next season and see what he can offer the Steelers OL at a position he is more familiar (and comfortable) with.

DimeBag
11-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Cut him some slack! First year at OC, new system has to play against mainly AFC NT's and he's got Alan Faneca and Kendall Simmons getting blow up almost every play besides him.

touchdownward
11-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Cut him some slack! First year at OC, new system has to play against mainly AFC NT's and he's got Alan Faneca and Kendall Simmons getting blow up almost every play besides him.
Welcome aboard and nice username! :smoker:

Steeldude
11-23-2007, 06:43 PM

what does a new OC have to do with a center getting pushed back 3 to 4 yards?

lilyoder6
11-23-2007, 07:55 PM
i don't think he is meaning arains... if u look at the post again.. he said AT OC which could only mean offensive center... if i'm wrong then i apologize..

Crushzilla
11-23-2007, 07:58 PM
i don't think he is meaning arains... if u look at the post again.. he said AT OC which could only mean offensive center... if i'm wrong then i apologize..

I think you're right.

Preacher
11-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Look along that front line.

Do ANY of you really think Mahan is the FIRST area of concern we have? I would have to put Simmons, Faneca, and even (sadly) Wilie Colon before Mahan in worry.

Mahan and Smith are a concern, but not to the level of the other three.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Look along that front line.

Do ANY of you really think Mahan is the FIRST area of concern we have? I would have to put Simmons, Faneca, and even (sadly) Wilie Colon before Mahan in worry.

Mahan and Smith are a concern, but not to the level of the other three.

You're right Preacher Mahan isn't the first concern...But he is still a concern and part of the problem...I do think he might be playing out of position and might be better suited for OG so I'm willing to cut him some slack.....He seems not to have the strength to hang with the big NTs of the NFL...He never gets any push....

But Simmons sucks at life period.....Nothing is going to help that....Willie Colon makes me wish Max Starks was starting and I hated Max Starks...lol But at least Starks could run block.....

Might want to try Colon at OG to....Since I do remember reading when he was drafted he might be better suited at OG......

As for Marvel Smith....I have always thought he wasn't an elite LT and the Steelers would be wise to draft a legit LT......and move Smith back to RT.....As for Alan Faneca.....Don't want him resigned due to his age and the amount of money it would take to sign an aging and declining Olineman.....

I would like to see a LT and center drafted within the first three rounds next year.......Then an OG in the 2nd day of the draft....

Preacher
11-23-2007, 10:38 PM
You're right Preacher Mahan isn't the first concern...But he is still a concern and part of the problem...I do think he might be playing out of position and might be better suited for OG so I'm willing to cut him some slack.....He seems not to have the strength to hang with the big NTs of the NFL...He never gets any push....

But Simmons sucks at life period.....Nothing is going to help that....Willie Colon makes me wish Max Starks was starting and I hated Max Starks...lol But at least Starks could run block.....

Might want to try Colon at OG to....Since I do remember reading when he was drafted he might be better suited at OG......

As for Marvel Smith....I have always thought he wasn't an elite LT and the Steelers would be wise to draft a legit LT......and move Smith back to RT.....As for Alan Faneca.....Don't want him resigned due to his age and the amount of money it would take to sign an aging and declining Olineman.....

I would like to see a LT and center drafted within the first three rounds next year.......Then an OG in the 2nd day of the draft....

Good post...

However, I wouldn't care about drafting a center... unless Mahan can take over at left or right guard. If so, then draft the best lineman... and move mahan if necessary.

We need to face the fact that we are facing a complete rebuild of our offensive line. the nice thing is, we have a couple of years to do it, since the rest of our team is pretty young comparatively. So we pick up a couple lineman in the first day, Add a FA to that (not Faneca), and then put the best player in from the rest of our players for next year.

Year after that.. put in the next two off the line on the first day... maybe pick up another FA. We are going to have to pick up a first day WR as well to replace Ward in the next couple of years as well which means we better have some luck picking up second day draft players that can actually play over the next couple of years.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Good post...

However, I wouldn't care about drafting a center... unless Mahan can take over at left or right guard. If so, then draft the best lineman... and move mahan if necessary.

We need to face the fact that we are facing a complete rebuild of our offensive line. the nice thing is, we have a couple of years to do it, since the rest of our team is pretty young comparatively. So we pick up a couple lineman in the first day, Add a FA to that (not Faneca), and then put the best player in from the rest of our players for next year.

Year after that.. put in the next two off the line on the first day... maybe pick up another FA. We are going to have to pick up a first day WR as well to replace Ward in the next couple of years as well which means we better have some luck picking up second day draft players that can actually play over the next couple of years.

Ok......I would like to see the Steelers sign some FAs for the Oline....But due to the rising costs and the Steelers are really never are major players when it comes to free agency I'm not holding my breath....But they have brought in Jeff Hartings and did sign Sean Mahan....But I think with the rising costs we can only sign the Sean Mahan type level FAs......But hopefully Mahan is a better OG then center.....That would be great....

I say LT/OG in round one....which ever is the best available

WR in round two

C/OG in round three-hopefully if they draft a center...he could also play OG......that would be sweet......

then I would add another Olineman on the second day.....

I do agree drafting a WR is always a need...I'm one of those fans that believe you can never have enough weapons for your QB....But your QB also needs protection.....So Oline is a bigger need...But like you said they better start soon in finding a replacement for Hines....

I think Dline is becoming a major need soon also.....The Dline is getting up there and there isn't really anybody waiting in the wings.....Not unless McBean shows something next year....It did take Aaron Smith,Chris Hoke, Brett Keisel some time to learn this defense and adjust to the 3-4 scheme.......

DimeBag
11-24-2007, 09:01 AM
what does a new OC have to do with a center getting pushed back 3 to 4 yards?
My bad, I was talking about Mahan at Center, I put OC just a habit really.

DimeBag
11-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Welcome aboard and nice username! :smoker:

lilyoder6
11-24-2007, 01:13 PM
depending on how manningham is projected, i would think about trying to get him,, tall wr with good hands and speed.. and with the d-line i think we could always put woodly back there if he puts on more weight....

Mosca
11-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Considering that he isn't a natural center, I don't think he's done all that bad. He's played OG for almost his entire career before coming to the Steelers, other than a few games here and there. I think we should draft a center and move him over to one side or the other next season and see what he can offer the Steelers OL at a position he is more familiar (and comfortable) with.

Maybe so, but other teams aren't cutting him any slack; they're coming after him, and it's hurting us. That's a "this year" issue we need to address.

As far as pinning blame on any one guy, the O-line really is like a chain in that one weak link destroys all of its integrity. And it's not EVERY play that the same guy is the weak link; on one play Mahan might be fine, and Simmons whiffs. Then there might be two plays with no problems, and then Mahan gets blown back three steps. It's consistency, and the ability to execute with authority in all phases of play, on every snap, that we are missing.

I'm in favor of retooling ALL of our strength positions next year, on both O and D. Draft, FA, lifting and re-training, whatever (except drugs and HGH). It's telling that our D-line made our O-line look decent in training camp, but neither has evolved and gotten better as the season has progressed, whereas our opponents have done so, it seems.

fansince'76
11-24-2007, 01:47 PM
It's consistency, and the ability to execute with authority in all phases of play, on every snap, that we are missing.

Great point about consistency. It's been maddening to watch the O-line make two defenses with an anemic pass rush (Cleveland and New York) look like the second coming of the Steel Curtain.

Lord Stiller
12-20-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm not here to flame but once again Mahan got absolutely DOMINATED tonight

tsk tsk what a shame :(

X-Terminator
12-20-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm not here to flame but once again Mahan got absolutely DOMINATED tonight

tsk tsk what a shame :(

Can't argue that. The guy simply isn't getting it done. The Steelers had best look for a replacement in the offseason and move him back to his natural position at guard. I think they've learned that they can't just take any guard and turn him into a dominating center like they did with Dirt Dawson and Jeff Hartings.