PDA

View Full Version : Ward: Steelers bound to have bad game

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2007, 05:41 AM
"Over the course of 16 games, you're bound to have one bad game," is how Hines Ward put it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07324/835346-66.stm

So I guess Denver and Arizona were only mediocre but not bad games? Hopefully Ward only has that sort of attitude for public consumption and does not believe it privately.

With 3 of the last 4 games on the road this better be the last bad game.

11-5 is no sure thing to win the division and if the Steelers lose to Jax a wild card is not in the bank either

stillers4me
11-20-2007, 05:51 AM
I guess he meant they were bound to have at least one REALLY bad game. :hunch:

GeneralRobinson
11-20-2007, 06:30 AM
Hines is right. The team needs to accept the fact that they played a bad game and move on. I'm sure they recognize that they control their on destiny, and over the course of the next 6 games, as long as they revert back to their winning form, they should win the division and make the playoffs.

fansince'76
11-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Ricky Williams, who led the NFL in rushing in 2002, could play in the NFL for the first time in two years Monday night after commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated him. Williams certainly has fresh legs -- he has not played in the NFL since 2005 and his brief turn in the Canadian League ended with a fractured forearm in 2006.

If Thomas Jones of the Jets was capable of rushing for 117 yards and thus becoming the first back to top 100 against the Steelers in 35 games, Williams at least has the resume to do so.

Yep, Rasta Ricky is coming to town. We're doomed. He hasn't played for 2 years, hasn't been worth a damn as a RB in 5 years, but he's gonna drop at least 200 and 2 TDs on us, I'm sure. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

HometownGal
11-20-2007, 08:01 AM
"Over the course of 16 games, you're bound to have one bad game," is how Hines Ward put it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07324/835346-66.stm

So I guess Denver and Arizona were only mediocre but not bad games? Hopefully Ward only has that sort of attitude for public consumption and does not believe it privately.

With 3 of the last 4 games on the road this better be the last bad game.

11-5 is no sure thing to win the division and if the Steelers lose to Jax a wild card is not in the bank either

I'd hold the Cards and Broncs in a little higher esteem than the Jets. They're both 5-5 at this point in the season. We shouldn't have lost to either of those teams, but losing to the Jets was a real punch in the gut.

OK - so Hines was wrong. We've had 3 bad games thus far. Let's see how the boys bounce back from adversity.

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Hines Ward: "How are you supposed to prepare for a team that has everything to gain and nothing to lose?"

Just a little advice here and I may be way off........but you better learn how to prepare for those type of teams because you have another one coming up next Monday.

On that note, I would like to ask Hines Ward why is it that we are the only ones who fail to "prepare" for the teams who have everything to gain and nothing to lose?

Rotorhead
11-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Well I have to say, we can not afford to lose anymore games. As much as I hate to say this, we will probably lose to Belicheat and company and the Browns have a pretty easy schedule to finish out and I can see them winning out. If we lose 2 then we give the division to the Browns . . . so . . . maybe they have to figure out how to prepare for games against EVERY team no matter if they have nothing to lose or not! On a positive note, I am feeling a little better about losing to the Broncos and the Cards because they are not too bad of teams. I feel part of their records (Jets included) have alot to do with the injuries they sustained early in thier seasons, all 3 were supposed to be in the playoffs this year, and 2 of them might still make the playoffs. Dont get me wrong, we had no business losing to them, and had our team showed up we would have won, but they are not bad teams by any means.

Physical Presence
11-20-2007, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't bet on Cleveland winning out. Sure, they don't play any great teams the rest of the way, but I tell you what, the only remaining game on their schedule that is a gimmie is the last one against SF. Every other team they play is capable of beating them.

The_WARDen
11-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Maybe he should stop dropping passes and they wouldn't have the bad game.

The_WARDen
11-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Hines Ward: "How are you supposed to prepare for a team that has everything to gain and nothing to lose?"

Just a little advice here and I may be way off........but you better learn how to prepare for those type of teams because you have another one coming up next Monday.

On that note, I would like to ask Hines Ward why is it that we are the only ones who fail to "prepare" for the teams who have everything to gain and nothing to lose?

going by this philosophy, shouldn't they beat New England then...a team that has everything to lose (a shot at 19-0 and immortality) and nothing to gain except another smackdown? :dang:

Rhee Rhee
11-21-2007, 12:43 AM
i love hines and all but if u expect to lose one game how the hell are u gonna win with that mindset.....