PDA

View Full Version : Not giving up.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-20-2007, 06:49 AM
"Not that good of a team"....."This team has some serious flaws"...."The Steelers were exposed as a 2nd tier team"

Sound familiar? You have probably been hearing these type of remarks from the national and local talking heads regarding our beloved Steelers. You can't blame them, in all honesty, when you consider the caliber of team that managed to sack Ben 7 times, run at will against out #1 ranked run defense, and make our offense look outright anemic.

But...it should sound familiar for other reasons. Turn the clock back to 2005. The Steelers were 11-5 and every week they were down-played nationally as the stepsister to the Indianapolis Drizella's and the New England Anastatia's.

I think we all remember that, that specific fairy tale ended with all of us living "happy ever after".

There is still plenty of time left in this season to shore up what problems we have all noticed.
Sooooo...the last time I checked, the playoffs are still a "one and done" system...and until we get knocked out....I wont quit believing we have what it takes. BRING IT ON...I'm not giving up.

steelermuzik
11-20-2007, 09:05 AM
"I'm not giving up."

Me neither. I believe! :jammin:

HometownGal
11-20-2007, 09:17 AM
I think it's been well established here on the board that I'm not giving up and I believe in this team. They are 7-3, atop the AFCN and have 2 home games coming up back to back in OUR house, one against a divisional opponent and one against a conference opponent. As long as this team continues to believe in itself and in each other, they're going to be just fine. Good teams rise from adversity. :cheers::tt02:

alittlejazzbird
11-20-2007, 09:45 AM
I think it's been well established here on the board that I'm not giving up and I believe in this team. They are 7-3, atop the AFCN and have 2 home games coming up back to back in OUR house, one against a divisional opponent and one against a conference opponent. As long as this team continues to believe in itself and in each other, they're going to be just fine. Good teams rise from adversity. :cheers::tt02:

Agreed. I was one of the tens of thousands of Steeler fans in attendance at Sunday's game, and the experience fell just short of last year's incomprehensible meltdown vs. the Raiders (one of the most painful losses I've ever experienced - only the AFC Championship loss to San Diego at Three Rivers in 1994, which I attended, hurt worse). It was shocking, embarrassing, and disappointing. But I've been a Steelers fan for more than 30 years and will never give up on my team, win or lose.

The first thing to say about Sunday's performance is this: if you look back at the last 20 or so years of this team's history, it's littered with games just like Sunday's - predicted blow-away wins that turn into embarrassing and head-scratching losses. If I recall correctly, there might have been one or two of those in our recent Super Bowl season as well.

If the Steelers lose to, or barely survive to squeak out a last-second win against the Dolphins on Monday night, then undeniably our season is in trouble. As it stands right now, the Steelers team that I watched play on Sunday evening doesn't have a prayer of beating New England in a playoff game, regardless of the outcome of their upcoming regular-season meeting; a dominating win on Monday will be critical to rebuild the psyche of the team and get them moving back in the right direction. If they rebound with exactly the type of total domination performance they should have turned in on Sunday, then I think we're back on the right track.

What angers me no end, though, is how in the media we have gone from an impressive, legitimate Super Bowl contender to total irrelevance in three days, because of one game, as though none of the previous seven wins means anything. It's like they've just been waiting for an excuse to write us off, and here it is. Last week, they couldn't say enough about our top-ranked defense and Ben's maturity, and now every bit of it is meaningless. Absolutely disgusting.

revefsreleets
11-20-2007, 09:54 AM
The ST's showed improvement Sunday, and I expect them to continue to improve. The defense is still #1 in the NFL in every major category. The offense is very good at the skilled positions. We fix the OL, and we are legitimate SB contenders.

Borski
11-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I'll never give up, ever!

stlrtruck
11-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Give up? Only bungals and ratbirds fans give up at this point in the season. Even last year when we were not even mediocre, I never gave up!

Give up now? NO THANKS! I know this team can and will perform better down the stretch. I know that they will (over the years) continue to disappoint me in certain game performances. I also know that they can go into the playoffs and blow up home field advantage from other teams, and I know that they can WIN another SUPER BOWL!

And I know that they didn't have to cheat to get there!

I am a STEELERS FAN :tt02:
I am part of STEELERS NATION :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:
WE ARE BLACK AND GOLD!!! :sign01: :tt: :tt03:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm not worried. I'm not giving up.

SteelerFanInCA
11-20-2007, 11:53 AM
I like our chances. :tt02:

I think some of our best football is still ahead of us.

alitylr
11-20-2007, 05:36 PM
I still believe!!! Go STEELERS!!

ohiosteelerfan20
11-20-2007, 05:49 PM
I still believe!!! Go STEELERS!!

Me too:tt02:

steelpride12
11-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Me ha ill never give up on the black and gold!

Go Steelers!

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-21-2007, 11:30 AM
At the beginning of the season, we all predicted and posted what we thought the Steelers record would be. If I am not mistaken...the average was around 10-6 to 11-5...and the general consenus was that we were being very optimistic about that kind of record. Noone was seriously predicting a SuperBowl win but we all thought we had what it takes to win the Division and make the playoffs
Now, we are 7-3 and I see sooooo many people who are acting like our team has dissapointed us in some way.

7-3

As Dennis Green said:
"They are who we thought they were"...a very talented team who would be experiencing some growing pains due to a new coach ...and would have some postitions to "shore up" due to losses in the off season.

7-3.

I'll take it with a sense of pride and thankfullness that I can watch my team everyweek and know that they at least have a chance to compete without cheating or selling out to a bunch of thug recruits.

7-3.

Thank you Tomlin...Thank you Mr. Rooney...Thank you Pittsburgh!

I'm not giving up!!!!

SteelCityMan786
11-21-2007, 12:58 PM
At the beginning of the season, we all predicted and posted what we thought the Steelers record would be. If I am not mistaken...the average was around 10-6 to 11-5...and the general consenus was that we were being very optimistic about that kind of record. Noone was seriously predicting a SuperBowl win but we all thought we had what it takes to win the Division and make the playoffs
Now, we are 7-3 and I see sooooo many people who are acting like our team has dissapointed us in some way.

7-3

As Dennis Green said:
"They are who we thought they were"...a very talented team who would be experiencing some growing pains due to a new coach ...and would have some postitions to "shore up" due to losses in the off season.

7-3.

I'll take it with a sense of pride and thankfullness that I can watch my team everyweek and know that they at least have a chance to compete without cheating or selling out to a bunch of thug recruits.

7-3.

Thank you Tomlin...Thank you Mr. Rooney...Thank you Pittsburgh!

I'm not giving up!!!!

Nice, more people stepping and standing by the team.

steel striker
11-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Well I'll never up on our steelers and, it is not time to push the panic button either. Like it was mentioned above we are at the top of our division with two home games coming up. We just need to take care of busniess and win that is all. To me the main thing is lock a playoff spot then get ready for the second season. Ofcourse we have to tighten up in a few areas oline ,special teams and running the ball. I would rather struggle a little now then struggle in the playoffs. Now my next point The titians lost to the broncos so, how the media did not pile on the titians like they did on us? I mean now the media is giving credit to the broncos and, when we lost to them we were called a bad team some even said a fraud. Even as bad as we played in those three loses each game was very close and, we could have won thoses games. I know we did not so it does not matter. SO now it is time to bring the pain! Go steelers!!!

Rhee Rhee
11-22-2007, 01:01 AM
idk man... that year tommy maddox lost two games for us and ben was injured.... and our o-line was not much of a problem... fast forward to this year.... no tommy and ben playin healthy.. and our o-line is a gigantic problem

Steel Pit
11-22-2007, 02:15 AM
I didn't realize that anyone had given up on the Steelers. Where did that come from? Who gave up, the media? Who cares?

We don't need to see the Steelers as the top story on every episode of Sportscenter. That crap bores me and it softens the team when they start believing the hype.

It was a disappointing loss versus the Jets. I WAS upset but now I'm just waiting for the next game to hurry up and get here. An 8-3 Steelers record is on the horizon, a record to be proud of.

Give up? It never crossed my mind.

jjpro11
11-22-2007, 02:42 AM
we're 7-3.. there really isnt any reason to give up anything.

Elvis
11-22-2007, 05:03 AM
:coffee:
Ok everyone.. this season is definitely Not over. We must come out and get this thing rolling again. Our O Line has pretty much doomed our season in my opinion. But Ben this past week against the Jets just held the ball too long at times. I am looking forward to seeing the Steelers replace Faneca with someone that can actually block someone. The Steelers are gonna have to work on this O Line in this offseason and the upcoming draft.
But with that being said... This season is not over. We are still in 1st place in our division and the Colts are struggling with injuries. Of course the Jaguars are coming on strong..but the Steelers are still in this thing.. so Dont give up..

Boomerang
11-22-2007, 05:15 AM
We WILL rise to the challenge and finish strong!:tt02::tt02: