PDA

View Full Version : Maddox...

stand undefeated
10-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Is this guy serious???

The blame goes on Cowher for keeping this guy in the ballgame.

SteelCurtain
10-16-2005, 04:18 PM
he was absolutely horrible

Blitzburgh55
10-16-2005, 04:18 PM
He suck he cant even kneel the dame ball

docsteel
10-16-2005, 04:25 PM
yea i think tommy should drop to #3

Koopa
10-16-2005, 04:29 PM
what do y'all mean? he got the game winning touchdown lol, he doesn't need to drop to #3 he needs to drop dead that would be better then we won't have to worry about him

Tim
10-16-2005, 04:33 PM
I know it's hyperbole to want to can the guy after one bad outing, but jeebus... Cowher should at least think about it. We're paying him a decent salary to suck that bad? The Jags did everything in their power to hand us that game on a silver platter.

stand undefeated
10-16-2005, 04:34 PM
what do y'all mean? he got the game winning touchdown lol, he doesn't need to drop to #3 he needs to drop dead that would be better then we won't have to worry about him

Haha I guess he could officially tell some of his friends who didn't watch the game, "Yeah Steve, I threw the game winning touchdown, perfect pass too! You shoulda been there, the crowd was going absolutely nuts!"

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Maybe now everyone can see that its not only the team that makes big ben so damn good.
Before the game i heard from people that ben not being in the game isnt going to make any difference...... well F that
3 interceptions? a fumble when all we need is a freaking field goal.
And yes, Cower should have pulled Maddox in the 3rd quarter.
I hope Ben is back next week..............

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Maddox sucks.. threw 3.. should of thown 6 interceptions. This is where Cowher's loyalty to a player is going to cost us. I agree.. we should of pulled him!! How can a veteran quarterback not know to fall on a fumbled snap? I hope Batch leapfrogs him and secure the second spot.. he couldn't be any worse.. could he?

TasmanianTroy271
10-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Batch showed he wasnt worse than Maddox in the preseason, but just because someone's better in practice doesnt mean they should be ahead of someone who is consistent all around. Batch is at least reliable in game, Tommy always chokes, its not even funny. Hopefully we'll have Ben back next week, and someone'll show Tommy what a true tommy gun looks like.

floridasteeler
10-16-2005, 05:08 PM
I think Tommy needs to make a call to the insurance agency he worked for in Texas, because his career as an NFL qb is done.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Atleast Batch showed us something in preseason, Tommy couldnt even accomplish that!!

Prosdo
10-16-2005, 06:16 PM
I couldn't get over how terrible he played. Everytime a timeout and new series I was praying that Cowher would throw Batch in, but he never did. I cannot believe Cowher left him in there so long. I've never seen someone so single handly ruin a game. The blame goes to Cowher as well. Blows my mind that he left him in there.

Tim
10-16-2005, 06:23 PM
I've never seen someone so single handly ruin a game.

Well, Neil O'Donnell comes in a close second. Maybe gets bonus bonehead points for ruining a Superbowl, but in this game Tommy really blew it. It's actually hard to believe an NFL-caliber QB can play that poorly, especially when the game was won. All they had to do was run forward twice. They didn't even have to get any yards.

Prosdo
10-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Very true. Neil is definitely close. But wow! At one point he threw a ball into what 3 or 4 defenders? What was he looking at! Everytime he threw the ball I was nervous.

soniczilla
10-16-2005, 06:42 PM
I couldn't get over how terrible he played. Everytime a timeout and new series I was praying that Cowher would throw Batch in, but he never did. I cannot believe Cowher left him in there so long. I've never seen someone so single handly ruin a game. The blame goes to Cowher as well. Blows my mind that he left him in there.

I would assume his thinking was that Maddox was improving his play as the second half came to a close. Maddox did the no-huddle effectively so by trying it again in overtime would pay off as well. Then... well, we all know what happened.

I think we can all rest easy now knowing Cowher won't ever make the mistake again of turning to Maddox.

Steelersfan
10-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Don't hold your breath on that. How long did with have to put up with Kordell?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Don't hold your breath on that. How long did with have to put up with Kordell?
GOOD POINT

shevdog
10-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Guess I was wrong about Maddox. I thought Batch would screw up like Maddox did. Guess I was wrong.

I know I'l get stoned for this comment... I still like Maddox as a QB. Yet after a horrible performance with O'Donnell like mistakes, my respect for Maddox has fallen greatly.

Someone fix Maddoz's arm. Horrible aiming. Huge mistakes. Glad I missed the end of the game, because 'd be twice as furious!

Koopa
10-16-2005, 08:04 PM
i always knew that season maddox had was a fluke the last few years have proved that, last year we wouldn't have come close to going 15 and 1 with him throwing the ball. he's another kurt warner without the fluke mvps and ring.

TasmanianTroy271
10-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Someone fix Maddoz's arm. Horrible aiming. Huge mistakes. Glad I missed the end of the game, because 'd be twice as furious!

It's not his arm that needs fixed. It's his eyes! He was always throwing into double, sometimes triple coverage! at least Batch has some common sense... and to think, Maddox wants to start...

Chickadee
10-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Everyone has a bad game day. It was obvious in the first quarter that it wasn't Tommy's game. Cowher left him in despite the mistakes - so I say that he lost the game for us.

Koopa
10-16-2005, 10:32 PM
well maddox didn't just have a bad game day he has a bad career, if it wasn't for that fluke season he had a few years ago he'd be in texas selling insurance. he better be thankin vince mcmahon for creating the xfl or he would've never got the honor to wear the black and gold....and win games for the other team

tony hipchest
10-16-2005, 10:47 PM
i always knew that season maddox had was a fluke the last few years have proved that, last year we wouldn't have come close to going 15 and 1 with him throwing the ball. he's another kurt warner without the fluke mvps and ring.
hes nowhere near the same league as k. warner but i definitely see your point. like you said he should be thanking v. mcmahon

SteelProven
10-16-2005, 11:00 PM
I would like to send a special thanks to T. Maddox for his 2004 season. If it wasn't for this season we would not be blessed with the best QB, Ben Roethlisberger. Thank you so much T. Maddox becuz of your below average field vision and poor decision making you have blessed the Steelcity with the future and the present.

SteelersGirlTN7
10-16-2005, 11:18 PM

He should have gone out of the game way earlier than this .. BUT ... on the play where he ran for the 1st down, and slid.... he should have went out with dignity ... by getting the 1st down, he kind of redeemed himself (up to that point) ... he should have just gotten up and said he hurt his calf again, and took himself out of the game ...

Its pretty bad when everyone at the bar I was at was hoping he would get hurt .. and when he went down on a play .. we were all like "stay down, stay down" ... to force stubborn Cowher into changing QBS

TasmanianTroy271
10-16-2005, 11:40 PM
lol I was hoping we wouldnt get up either. Geeze, how can he stay our No. 2 quarterback? Did anyone watch the post-game press conference? Cowher was pissed, the Chin was out! I don't get it, I really dont...

BB2W
10-16-2005, 11:48 PM
It is unreal how awful Maddox was today. We would not have been in that game if it wasn't for pass-interference calls, and El's punt return. I don't know about you guys, but I was calling for Batch in the first quarter.

I miss Big Ben... :redface:

Prosdo
10-17-2005, 12:07 AM
He should have gone out of the game way earlier than this .. BUT ... on the play where he ran for the 1st down, and slid.... he should have went out with dignity ... by getting the 1st down, he kind of redeemed himself (up to that point) ... he should have just gotten up and said he hurt his calf again, and took himself out of the game ...

Its pretty bad when everyone at the bar I was at was hoping he would get hurt .. and when he went down on a play .. we were all like "stay down, stay down" ... to force stubborn Cowher into changing QBS

I know what you mean. I was at my parents' bar and we were basically saying the flag was our MVP since there was no way Tommy was getting us down field. I know Maddox wants his starting job back, but come on. At some point he had to realize wow I'm hurting the team by being in here.

Rotorhead
10-17-2005, 12:34 AM
Can someone fill me in, I am not able to watch the games, or highlights for that matter, just gamecrap . .. uh i mean cast . . . what happened in OT when we were in field goal range and all of he sudden the jags had the ball?

:edit: uh, nevermind, I just read about it on ESPN . . . I dont even know how to respond to Maddox blaming the wind for his problems. He needs to make a public apology about his play in that game since he single handedly lost that game. I would even say it was a good team effort because we had a chance to win the game, despite 4 turnovers, and our defense really did shut down the Jags. Take away 4 turnovers and the Jags score maybe 1 TD . . . ah, just pisses me off that one person can lose the entire game like that.

Prosdo
10-17-2005, 12:49 AM
For some reason while we were at Jacksonville's 26 yard line Cowher decided to run. Willie almost fumbled. Then Maddox fumbled the ball and instead of dropping on it tried to pick it up.

J.Scobee kicks 70 yards from JAX 30 to PIT 0. Q.Morgan pushed ob at JAX 26 for 74 yards (R.Mathis).
1-10-JAC26 (14:51) W.Parker left end to JAX 29 for -3 yards (A.Ayodele). FUMBLES (A.Ayodele), and recovers at JAX 29. W.Parker to JAX 29 for no gain (P.Spicer).
2-13-JAC29 (14:04) W.Parker right guard to JAX 27 for 2 yards (M.Stroud, D.Cooper).
3-11-PIT36 (13:37) T.Maddox FUMBLES (Aborted) at JAX 27, RECOVERED by JAX-R.Hayward at JAX 36. R.Hayward to JAX 36 for no gain (T.Maddox).

pitt
10-17-2005, 01:51 AM
I can't believe Tommy played THAT bad today. I kept wait for Batch to come in. I'm glad I wasn't holding my breath.

Rotorhead
10-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Well you cant blame cowher for trying to run it for a couple plays (especially considering turnover tommy was completing more passes to the other team). That is the norm and a relatively safe play. From what I saw off gamecrap willie was doing a bit better in towards the end. Well it is over now, and it wasnt an AFC North game so we are lucky about that. I think Heath showed some flashes and maybe Ben will look his direction a bit more after that performance!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Running the ball was the best option..but Bettis should have been in there..he's the short yardage beast.

I.C. Lights
10-17-2005, 06:19 PM
That was definitely one of the worse performances at QB I've seen in a while, but I put the blame on Cowher for his stubbornness. Once you stink, you stink and when there's no indication that you're getting back on track, it's the coach's job to make some adjustments. Oh well, we're still gonna win it all anyway...

BB2W
10-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Yup :iagree:

Prosdo
10-18-2005, 01:56 AM
The thing I didn't like about the run call was didn't he have Willie run to the side. Why not get Bettis in and let him pound a few down the middle?

ironcitychef
10-18-2005, 02:41 AM
I heard Ditka saying on ESPN today that coaches(the good ones) never coach thinking about what happened or what bad could happen. They just make a call. Word is Parker might have scored on the pitch, but we fumbled end of story. So play call was great. Watch the tape. Parker easily could have gotten at least 5 yards. But execution was lacking. Overall no one has pointed out that even with two loses, both have come on the last play of the game. Folks we are playing 60 minutes a game and this is still good news.

docsteel
10-18-2005, 08:02 PM
just gotta point this out neil made a mistake but it was in the super bowl. and we havent been there since so he made a bad throw but he did get us to the dance stop whinning it pissed me off too but we were atleaste there and not losing championship gamd 1 after 1