PDA

View Full Version : Almost time to hit the Panic Button

Rotorhead
11-20-2007, 10:29 AM
I am not sure some of you realize this, but we are dangerously close to not making the playoffs.

Records:
Pittsburgh 7-3
Cleveland 6-4

We have 1.5 game lead over Cleveland, so they have to finish ahead of us in the division

Schedules:

Steelers -
Miami
Cincinnati
New England
Jacksonville
St Louis
Baltimore

Cleveland -
Texans
Arizona
Jets
Buffalo
Cincinnati
San Francisco

The Browns schedule gives them the ability to win out, we will most likely have another loss against the Pats (sorry, but they are just playing out of this world right now and we are making too many mental mistakes as a team) so if we lost just one of the other games we may not make the playoffs :jawdrop: You all know Baltimore would like nothing better than to play spoiler to our season, Jacksonville is as physical as us and will possibly be playing for their division lead. I have faith we can do it, but we really need to see the reality of our situation and hope our players get their heads on straight!

Lord Stiller
11-20-2007, 10:50 AM
I dont get why everyone thinks Cleveland will run the table.

I bet they lose atleast 2 more, probably 3

fansince'76
11-20-2007, 10:50 AM
So, the Browns are going to win 7 in a row? I'll believe that when I see it. We're still in the driver's seat in the division, and until we're not, I'm not going to worry too much about it.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Um, even if we end up tied with Cleveland, we win the division.

The Browns cane easily lose to all those teams except for San Fransisco.

The Browns won't win out. They got lucky last week. Their luck is going to run out.

HometownGal
11-20-2007, 11:06 AM
I am not sure some of you realize this, but we are dangerously close to not making the playoffs.

Records:
Pittsburgh 7-3
Cleveland 6-4

We have 1.5 game lead over Cleveland, so they have to finish ahead of us in the division

Schedules:

Steelers -
Miami
Cincinnati
New England
Jacksonville
St Louis
Baltimore

Cleveland -
Texans
Arizona
Jets
Buffalo
Cincinnati
San Francisco

The Browns schedule gives them the ability to win out, we will most likely have another loss against the Pats (sorry, but they are just playing out of this world right now and we are making too many mental mistakes as a team) so if we lost just one of the other games we may not make the playoffs :jawdrop: You all know Baltimore would like nothing better than to play spoiler to our season, Jacksonville is as physical as us and will possibly be playing for their division lead. I have faith we can do it, but we really need to see the reality of our situation and hope our players get their heads on straight!

If the Browns had beaten us in either of the two matchups we've had with them this season - or even one of those - I'd be a little concerned. If we weren't perfect in divisional games thus far, I'd be concerned as well. As fansince'76 said - we are in the driver's seat, not the Browns. With their horrendous defense, I see them losing at least 3 games out of their final 6. Their D simply can't hold a lead in the second half. When all is said and done, I tend not to worry about what other teams are doing - I focus on MY team and my team only.

Panic? Are you serious? :jawdrop: With 6 games left to go in the regular season? I refuse to believe that the Steelers won't turn it around and take the AFCN - even with a less than stellar OL and flip flop ST's, they have a lot of talent on that team and a HC who believes in them. We are getting close to stretch time and I believe our Steelers are going to make a legitimate run down that stretch. Fasten your seatbelt! :tt02:

ShutDown24
11-20-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm not worried at all. That is so far fetched I don't even have anything else to add.

BlastFurnace
11-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Cleveland is not good enough to win out. I don't see that happening. They are a good team...not a great team capable of a run like that.

A key game for the Steelers will be Cincinnati at home. To me, that is the swing game in our quest to win the division. If we go into the NE game at 9-3, I will be more comfortable than at 8-4 because I do think we will not win at NE.

I think our toughest game among the final three will be at the Rams...if Bulger and Jackson are healthy. If they are healthy, that game will be one of our toughest defensive struggles of the year.

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Not permitted to be realistic. Must wear sunglasses. All is fine. No major flaws. Sunflowers, blues skies and rainbows. :wink02:

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2007, 11:45 AM
On that note, we are making the playoffs. I think we will bounce back after that pathetic display of football and ring off some wins. Once we get to the playoffs is another story.

SteelerFanInCA
11-20-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm taking this season one game at a time.

The only panic I have right now is the panic of fighting rush hour traffic so I can get home and watch The Steelers on MNF.

Michael Keller
11-20-2007, 12:04 PM

Records:
Pittsburgh 7-3
Cleveland 6-4

Schedules:

Steelers -
Miami
Cincinnati
New England
Jacksonville
St Louis
Baltimore

Cleveland -
Texans
Arizona
Jets
Buffalo
Cincinnati
San Francisco

Thank you for the presentation of REALITY:

Your right this is a tough road ahead. The Steelers could lose 3 more games and the Browns could run the table . If this happens and I do not think it will , this will be a real flop. I do remember a second half of the season collapse because our Steeler team face up to the challange and come out ahead.

This has been a very disturbing year for me as a fan. I just do not see the on the field intensity typical of the Steeler teams . I believe it is a factor and there is nobody waiting in the wings to take on this role. YET!!

Edman
11-20-2007, 12:28 PM
*Hits Panic button*

At 7-3, The Steelers' season is shot.Time to pack it in start playng for a high draft pick. Since it's obvious this team sucks and isn't going anywhere. :coffee::blah:

Rotorhead
11-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Ok I didnt say we need to hit it, but it is getting close. It is forseable that we could lose 2 more (especially the way we have played some games). We should win all but one, but we should be undefeated as well IMO. I will definately be rooting against the Browns for the rest of the season (when I normally would not care) that is for sure!

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Browns should be underdogs at Arizona.

I agree the Bengals game is more of a concern than it should be if Troy is not close to 100%, Jax will be tough and no road game is safe after what happened in the Meadowlands.

11-5 should win the division and get the #6 wildcard at home followed by a trip to Indy..

tony hipchest
11-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Ok I didnt say we need to hit it, but it is getting close. It is forseable that we could lose 2 more (especially the way we have played some games). We should win all but one, but we should be undefeated as well IMO. I will definately be rooting against the Browns for the rest of the season (when I normally would not care) that is for sure!i definitely appreciate the reality of the situation you presented. we dont have anything in the bag yet.

i agree with blastfurnace. a healthy rams team will probably be the 2nd best offense we face this season.

the dolphins will look at the raiders game last year and the jets game last week and have the same confidence that they can beat us that the jets had and the browns the week before. this is their superbowl. (im sure they are resigned to the fact that they wont be beating the patriots for about 3-4 years)

bungles and ravens hate us and will get up bigger to knock us out of the playoffs, than they would to make the playoffs themselves.

that leaves the patriots.

theres not one game where we can expect the opponent to lay down. we better be prepared to see these teams play like the pre-season favorites they were expected to be.

HometownGal
11-20-2007, 06:58 PM
i definitely appreciate the reality of the situation you presented. we dont have anything in the bag yet.

While I agree that nothing is carved in stone yet for the Steelers winning the division and going to the playoffs, "panic" is a very strong word/emo and I just feel it is a little premature to be hitting it with 6 games yet to play, a 7-3 record and a 2 game lead over our closest divisional rival.

steelpride12
11-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I woudnt say panic just yet, and even if bad turns to worse and the browns take the division we would still be in hand for a wildcard, but i still think we take the division by at least a game or game in a half.

Rhee Rhee
11-21-2007, 12:33 AM
does anyone not see the browns schedule?! of course there gonna win out which means we are gonna be F*!?>@#$?<> up if we lose to the jags pats

jjpro11
11-21-2007, 12:39 AM
does anyone not see the browns schedule?! of course there gonna win out which means we are gonna be F*!?>@#$?<> up if we lose to the jags pats

they arent going to win out.. but i sure as hell didnt expect us to win out also before the jets game. our team doesnt seem to have the mental capacity to pull off a lengthly winning streak.. even if we beat the pats, we'd drop to the jags or rams.. its just the way this season has gone following emotional wins. the rams game has all the makings of a cardinals, broncos and jets game.

Counselor
11-21-2007, 08:25 AM

No really---they're not going to win out.

Jman
11-21-2007, 08:34 AM

Easy there pal...

I think we will win the division. It will be close and probably a big "media item" as the season continues. I'll admit, Cleveland has some fire. They got it going probably because they are trying to save their coach. It's an admirable effort...

Pittsburgh should take the division...Once again though, 11-5 is what was expected...if we exceed that, WOW...

Atlanta Dan
11-21-2007, 08:39 AM

I find it hard to believe a team with that defense will win out.

The Browns have blown second half double digit leads to the Steelers and Ravens the last 2 weeks and given up 31 and 30 points in those 2 games. Coming back after being down 30-27 to the Ravens with 25 seconds left was impressive, but I see at least one or 2 more losses for the Browns. Steelers need to go 4-2 to win the division.

lilyoder6
11-21-2007, 09:06 AM
that win against the ravens was wow,, never should of happened... i personally think that buffalo can beat he browns.. as long as lynch gets healthy and stays healthy.

HometownGal
11-21-2007, 09:07 AM

And you know this how? Me thinks you'd better use some WIndex on that crystal ball of yours.

Steeldude
11-21-2007, 09:32 AM
the panic button should have been hit years ago when they were neglecting the O-line and it's future. nobody was drafted worth a damn and there was not one single player being groomed to fill a vacancy. much like how they were neglecting the LB corps until the 2007 draft.

IMO, the steelers are lucky the NFL is full of bad teams this year.

revefsreleets
11-21-2007, 09:55 AM
The Browns won't win out. Their defense won't hold up. They play the Cards and Jets on the road, and they will probably be outscored by the Cards. The Jets game they probably win, the Bills could beat them in Cleveland and the Bengals in Cincy could also outscore them. I think they finish 10-6 at best.