PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin PC (injuries)

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Holmes: High ankle sprain. Doubtful at best.

Woodley: Chance to practice, chance to play. See where he is.

Townsend: Limited practice. Will play.

Polamalu: Knee Sprain. Doubtful.

fansince'76
11-20-2007, 12:14 PM

Polamalu: Knee Sprain. Doubtful.

Ouch and double-ouch.

GeneralRobinson
11-20-2007, 12:16 PM
[Polamalu: Knee Sprain. Doubtful.

Hmmm...I wonder when that happened.

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Link.....

Holmes, Polamalu doubtful for Monday game
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Steelers look like they will be short-handed Monday night when they host the Miami Dolphins.

Strong safety Troy Polamalu (knee) and wide receiver Santonio Holmes (ankle) are doubtful for the 8:30 p.m. game because of injuries.

"It's going to require multiple people to step up," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said on the likelihood that neither Polamalu nor Holmes will play against the winless Dolphins.

If Holmes, the Steelers' leading receiver, doesn't play he will be replaced by a combination of Nate Washington, Cedrick Wilson and Willie Reid, Tomlin said. Veteran Tyrone Carter will start for Polamalu if he is unable to play, Tomlin said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_538934.html

GeneralRobinson
11-20-2007, 12:29 PM

Nate and Ced have had good games in the past, but they don't have a consistent track record. Maybe you line up Heath in the slot to match him up against a smaller DB or a slower LB to make up for Santonio's loss. However, I don't know if that's in the playbook.

BlastFurnace
11-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I would like to see Wilson get more involved...even more than Nate. I just think he is the better receiver between the two.

Nate is too much boom or bust. Wilson would be more consistent. Looks like Willie Reed will be activated for this week though.

With Troy out, Carter will be starting back there. Luckily...we will be facing a rookie QB....oh wait...........

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Not exactly the greatest news to hear after coming off that loss to the Jets. Then again, if we go by our track record we might go Seattle on them. Roll of the dice with this team up to this point.

alittlejazzbird
11-20-2007, 12:48 PM
I would like to see Wilson get more involved...even more than Nate. I just think he is the better receiver between the two.

Nate is too much boom or bust. Wilson would be more consistent. Looks like Willie Reed will be activated for this week though.

With Troy out, Carter will be starting back there. Luckily...we will be facing a rookie QB....oh wait...........

Not going to worry too much yet with Troy out...we managed without him in Seattle, and we should be OK for at least this one game.

I posted last week that Kellen Clemens showed flashes of real potential in the Jets' loss to the Redskins before their bye. I don't think he's a run of the mill backup quarterback, and the Jets don't think so either - Mangini says that he considers Clemens to be the future of the team, not just someone to hold down the fort for awhile. I don't know enough about John Beck to make any assumptions yet. But with Beck starting his second NFL game at Heinz Field on Monday night, I'd like to think the Steelers would have the edge.

SteelerFanInCA
11-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Carter is no Troy but he's a decent back up. I think our team depth has a pretty good track record. It seems like players step up when they really need to.

revefsreleets
11-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Santo being out smarts.

Borski
11-20-2007, 01:02 PM
well now that just sucks...

Davison_K
11-20-2007, 01:07 PM
let them both rest... hopefully we don't get beat again by a team we should easily beat.

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Both starting safeties to begin the season now out

Should be able to survive Miami without Troy - Bengals with Housh, Chad & Henry may be another matter

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-20-2007, 03:44 PM
We are really starting to look thin at the saftey spot. Hopefully Townsend will play so that we can at least use him for saftey depth.