PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Press conference 11/20

Stlrs4Life
11-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Holmes high ankle sprain, doubtful, Troy knee swelling doubtful, Woodley is scheduled to practice, Deshea is hurting but will practice. Best part of the interview, a reporter asked him how do you deal with it being Thanksgiving week? Tomlin responded with, "Ya practice, and we will be thankful that we have a job." That got a few laughs.

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Behind those shades and sly smile is a pretty clever guy.

This nugget from the P-G came from last week's media session.

It was a throwaway moment during Tuesday's press conference, but the William & Mary background meets Sun Tzu philosophizing of Mike Tomlin continues to shine through. Tomlin, in addressing an injury to a player -- BNG can't remember who, it was that insignificant -- offered this profound sentiment on why the player may still suit up:

"Medical expertise does not necessarily tell about the will of a man."

Whoa.

This is a football coach talking about the lateral meniscus of a nickel back or something or other, yet it sounds like something Hemingway would have written.:sofunny:

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/blogngold/

I don't think Ed.B. from the P-G misses the Tuesday glares when Cowher stared down the media

steelpride12
11-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Ugh the loss a Troy and Holmes is a huge blow, but hopefully against a sad dolphins team it won't kill us!

Sharkissle29
11-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Ugh the loss a Troy and Holmes is a huge blow, but hopefully against a sad dolphins team it won't kill us!

i thought the jets were a sad team....

alittlejazzbird
11-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Here's a link to the text of Tomlin's complete press conference (below the quote)...there's a lot of interesting and informative reading, but the next to last question he answered speaks volumes:

How much responsibility is on coaches to make sure the team is ready to play?

I am responsible for everything that goes on with this football team. I am not going to come in here on a weekly basis and state that. I expect that to be a given. I hope everybody in here understands that. I am responsible for everything that goes on with this football team and I accept it and wear it like a badge of honor.

http://pit.scout.com/2/703813.html

This team has quite a way to go in the discipline department before they are the equal, in terms of focus and execution, of a team like New England. I have no doubt whatsoever that Mike Tomlin is going to accomplish exactly that over the course of the next few seasons. We're so lucky to have him.