PDA

View Full Version : Questions for my trip.

Big7BenHOF
11-20-2007, 07:26 PM
So as I have said multiple times, I am going to Pittsburgh on December 2nd, which is my 15th birthday, for the game vs. the Bungles. I have two questions which I would really appreciate answers to.

1. Being from California, not too sure what I should wear...what should I wear to keep me warm?

2. Does anyone have any GOLD parking passes that they could sell to me, or tell me where to get one for a lower price then face value?

Thanks a ton

- John

alittlejazzbird
11-20-2007, 07:52 PM
So as I have said multiple times, I am going to Pittsburgh on December 2nd, which is my 15th birthday, for the game vs. the Bungles. I have two questions which I would really appreciate answers to.

1. Being from California, not too sure what I should wear...what should I wear to keep me warm?

- John

Sorry I can't help you out with parking...but you're better off taking public transportation to the game, IMO. Traffic around the stadium is so awful after the games, you'll be sitting in it forever. There is info on the Steelers website about public transit options. You could also park at Station Square and take the boat over, or park (cheaply!) in a downtown garage and walk over one of the bridges.

As far as what to wear, I don't know if you're from northern or southern CA, but if you don't have a heavy coat, you'll need one. You need a coat and hat and gloves to be sitting at Heinz Field in December. It will be very cold and damp, and may be snowing. Add to that the location of Heinz Field, and its open end facing the river, and you get a situation where the wind pours in and whips around, making the temperature in the stands probably a good 10 degrees colder than the air temperature. Wear layers (like a t-shirt under a sweatshirt), cover your head and hands, and get a good warm coat, and you'll be fine. The winter weather in Pittsburgh stinks, and you underestimate it at your peril!

Congratulations on your birthday, and I hope you have a wonderful time in Pittsburgh - it's a great city!

slippy
11-20-2007, 07:58 PM
again, dress as warm as possible for a night game. gloves, hat and winter coat a must! silk long johns would not be a bad idea. i know you're young, but sitting in a concrete stadium for 3+ hours can be brutal.

i just went to the jets game at 4pm wearing the above, and i was still cold.....and i've spent all 40 years of my life in pit and new york city. it was only in the mid 30's.

and your'e too young to drink yourself to the point of no feeling.

bundle up and have a great time!

Big7BenHOF
11-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

Only reason that I would be needing a parking pass is because we want to tailgate (if people do that in December or not)

And also, I just recently bough this jacket. Will it be heavy enough?

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2638142&cp=716704.2237619.2247257&parentPage=family

nojobny
11-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

Only reason that I would be needing a parking pass is because we want to tailgate (if people do that in December or not)

And also, I just recently bough this jacket. Will it be heavy enough?

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2638142&cp=716704.2237619.2247257&parentPage=family

If it were me, no. You're going to a night game in December. Did you consider ordering the coat I told you about in your other thread when you asked about what to wear to the game?

I don't know what size you are but the NFL shop has this coat on sale for $99 but only size they have is medium. http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2210164&cp=2237619.2247257&page=1&doVSearch=no&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family

Also, you need to make sure your feet are warm. If you don't want to buy a new coat, I would invest in bunch of those pocket warmer pouches.

nojobny
11-20-2007, 10:21 PM
again, dress as warm as possible for a night game. gloves, hat and winter coat a must! silk long johns would not be a bad idea. i know you're young, but sitting in a concrete stadium for 3+ hours can be brutal.

i just went to the jets game at 4pm wearing the above, and i was still cold.....and i've spent all 40 years of my life in pit and new york city. it was only in the mid 30's.

and your'e too young to drink yourself to the point of no feeling.

bundle up and have a great time!

OMG it was sooooo cold at that game. I was dressed more for rain than cold b/c of the forecast. It was brutal.

Big7BenHOF
11-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Eh, I already got that jacket I just showed you guys...

PisnNapalm
11-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Park over at Station Square and take the boat over to the stadium. It'll cost more for parking and the boat fee but it's a neat little trip.

Big7BenHOF
11-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Can I still tailgate?

nojobny
11-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Eh, I already got that jacket I just showed you guys...

I understand that, I was answering your question. I was telling you that 'NO' it's not warm enough. Perhaps if you wear it with another coat.

:hmmph:

Big7BenHOF
11-20-2007, 11:42 PM
I also have this that I could wear under it.

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2591201&cp=2237619.2247257&page=2&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family

Big7BenHOF
11-21-2007, 02:43 AM
Do you think that will be warm enough under the other one?