PDA

View Full Version : Injuries coming at a bad time...

Sharkissle29
11-20-2007, 07:49 PM
With our O-line playing horribly, this Holmes injury could turn out devastating. We were already weak enough at the WR position, but now its time for Washington or Wilson to step up huge. If they dont do this and the O-line continues its poor play, we are in real big trouble. Hopefully Holmes wont miss too much because its going to hurt us real bad. But im keeping my faith, i believe Cedrick stepped up in an AFC Championship game before, so i know hes more than capable. It's time for our boys to fight adversity and show us the team they are capable of being.......GO STEELERS!!!!!! :tt02:

Ben can't do it all by himself.

jsteelers51191
11-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Does anybody feel that Santonio will be back for the patriot game.

Steelman16
11-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Well at least we're not as bad off as them poor Colts....I'd have to say we've been pretty blessed so far with lack of injuries.

Tis unfortunate indeed that Holmes and Troy went down, but I don't think they'll be out for too long. Besides, we played well without them versus Seattle. Hopefully Tyrone Carter will step up, as well as the other receivers.

jjpro11
11-20-2007, 08:08 PM
nobody knows

lilyoder6
11-20-2007, 08:28 PM
i beleive that we will be fine w/o holmes since our back up wr's will step up like they did in the seattle game... but we had clark playing in seattle game .. so i hope carter can play all game

Big7BenHOF
11-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Better now when we play Miami and Cincinnati then when we play New England.

jjpro11
11-20-2007, 08:31 PM
i just hope these injuries dont linger on for the rest of the season. especially troy's knee.

Borski
11-20-2007, 09:01 PM
impossible to tell right now.

SteelCityMan786
11-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Let's think about the Phins first.

HometownGal
11-20-2007, 09:48 PM

BINGO! :thumbsup:

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2007, 10:16 PM

New England on December 9 is a loss - better for a healthy team for the teams we need to beat.

Rhee Rhee
11-21-2007, 01:04 AM
i seriously hope that new england gets the injury bug.... tom brady concussion.. randy moss hip pointer.. something to make it more fair... there just too good and too lucky not to get it

Boomerang
11-21-2007, 03:49 AM
Hopefully they will recover soon but i think the guys stepping in will do a good job for us .

Galax Steeler
11-21-2007, 03:54 AM
I believe our guy will step it up nate is impressing me this year and carter won't be troy but will be a good replacement for him.

stillers4me
11-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Since, apparently, we're too predictable, mixing things up with some different players may be a good thing. Worked with Seattle.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-21-2007, 07:30 AM
Since, apparently, we're too predictable, mixing things up with some different players may be a good thing. Worked with Seattle.

Excellent point.
I bring up our playoff run from two years ago to back up your point. Look at the different defensive formations and personnel we used on those teams. The confusion we created for O-coordinators was brilliant.
Offensively it was a supposed to be a "fact" that we couldnt win a game on the arm of our QB, but up until the Superbowl..Ben was unstoppable and ate up secondaries.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-21-2007, 07:35 AM
i seriously hope that new england gets the injury bug.... tom brady concussion.. randy moss hip pointer.. something to make it more fair... there just too good and too lucky not to get it

I hope they are healthy and we spank them...that way their are NO excuses

fansince'76
11-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Is there ever a good time for injuries? Especially to key players?

fansince'76
11-21-2007, 09:04 AM

I honestly think that up until now, nobody has been physical with New England. I hope the Ratbirds change that and we continue it. They may beat us, but we need to hit them and hit them hard on every play for 60 minutes - make them pay for it.

lilyoder6
11-21-2007, 09:04 AM
a week before bye week??? that would be the best time for a small-medium type injury....

Providence Steel
11-21-2007, 09:38 AM
I thought you meant Ernie Holmes...

The only way we could beat the Pats is if we time warped Ernie and his friends to Gillette and played with our 70s defense.

I dont think it will matter if Santonio plays or not. I'd rather see him sit to get healthy for the playoffs should we make them.