PDA

View Full Version : Porters coming to town

Borski
11-20-2007, 09:58 PM
I wonder if he'll jump ship and try to line up on our side:tt02:

anyone have any predictions on how his reunion will go?

The Duke
11-20-2007, 10:09 PM
judging by our o line and Joey wanting to play good I say he gets 2 sacks against Ben

Just hope he is not booed on the stadium

Infamix
11-20-2007, 10:11 PM
He will meet up with the players and fans...but what I'm really wondering is if he's going to be boasting his gh-induced 6-pack to our defense pre-game :chuckle:

The Duke
11-20-2007, 10:41 PM
He will meet up with the players and fans...but what I'm really wondering is if he's going to be boasting his gh-induced 6-pack to our defense pre-game :chuckle:

I think there's no doubt he will. he has to try to intimidate them somehow :toofunny:

ShutDown24
11-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I hope we blow them out but I want to see Joey get a sack... Maybe on Batch when we take Ben out in the second half lol... I can't see him getting many boos... I would cheer for him.

tony hipchest
11-20-2007, 11:05 PM
I hope we blow them out but I want to see Joey get a sack... Maybe on Batch when we take Ben out in the second half lol... I can't see him getting many boos... I would cheer for him.and if that sack leads to a season ending injury to ben (or batch) i guess its just gravy, right?

i still like joey as much as anyone, but i dont wanna see ANYBODY lay a hand on ben. im getting kinda tired of it, actually.

but that is just me. i just dont like to see a steelers qb sacked ANYTIME. i dont care if its porter or my momma. :hunch:

anybody hear any trash coming out of his mouth, so far this week?

*crickets chirping*

i didnt think so.

Edman
11-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Joey will get a slight handful of boos. I will boo him. He is the enemy now.

hellbread
11-20-2007, 11:36 PM
i think porter is scared of his replacment. would be funny to see harrison on offense kinda like a vrabel type of thing. pretty much the only thing silverback hasnt done this year.

MACH1
11-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Porter who? I hope he gets knocked on hi a** the whole game. He's the enemy now.

fansince'76
11-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Porter who? I hope he gets knocked on hi a** the whole game. He's the enemy now.

Yep. I want Porter to have the same kind of game against us as he's had all season - an overpaid nonfactor. And I don't want to see him get within 10 yards of Ben all night.

Galax Steeler
11-21-2007, 03:30 AM
I hope we blow them out but I want to see Joey get a sack... Maybe on Batch when we take Ben out in the second half lol... I can't see him getting many boos... I would cheer for him.

I don't see how you could want to see any of our quarterbacks get sacked by him like tony said what if they get a season ending injury.

The_WARDen
11-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Maybe the Steelers can get one of their water boys in a pregame fight with loudmouth and get him tossed for the game?

:tt02:

Borski
11-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Joey will get a slight handful of boos. I will boo him. He is the enemy now.

Why boo him? he didnt hurt us, we cut him, remember? I hope he is a non-factor in the game but I wont boo him. he was a good LB for us.

83-Steelers-43
11-21-2007, 08:34 AM
I will boo the whole damn Dolphin team when they come out. I always do. If Porter sacks Ben, I will boo Porter.

BTW, we did not just "release" Porter. For some reason or another many seem to forget him crying about his contract before he left......

Although no one on the Steelers would say so, the threat by Porter to hold out last summer played a factor in his release. Team officials did not want to burden new head coach Mike Tomlin with that kind of threat to his authority. Even though Porter was scheduled to make $5 million in the final year of his deal, he was unhappy with his contract and there was a chance he might boycott some of the minicamps and then training camp had he remained with the team.

I do not see it as Joey being the poor athlete who wasn't given a fair shot and the Rooney's being the harsh owners who simply threw him out of the city. He wanted more money. He got in Miami. Now he's playing on a pathetically sad football team. He is the enemy. Plain and simple.

BTW, I don't care if Jack Lambert or Jack Ham come out of retirement, join the Dolphins and sack our QB this upcoming Monday, the day I cheer for a player on the opposing team who sacks our QB is the day I get my head examined, sell my season tickets and become a Patriots fan.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07060/766095-66.stm

alittlejazzbird
11-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Why boo him? he didnt hurt us, we cut him, remember? I hope he is a non-factor in the game but I wont boo him. he was a good LB for us.

I'm with you. Joey was a great part of the Steelers for a long time (and a significant contributor to our Super Bowl success), and he wanted to stay here. I hope we blow the Dolphins off the map in every category, but I would never boo Joey.

ShutDown24
11-21-2007, 08:45 AM
and if that sack leads to a season ending injury to ben (or batch) i guess its just gravy, right?

i still like joey as much as anyone, but i dont wanna see ANYBODY lay a hand on ben. im getting kinda tired of it, actually.

but that is just me. i just dont like to see a steelers qb sacked ANYTIME. i dont care if its porter or my momma. :hunch:

anybody hear any trash coming out of his mouth, so far this week?

*crickets chirping*

i didnt think so.

Sacks and QB hurries/hits are part of the game. Most likley it's going to happen anyway so why not have it be Porter?

HometownGal
11-21-2007, 09:05 AM
I loved Peezy when he wore the black and gold and I wish him the best but not against the Steelers!!! I want to see him shut out in the sack department all night long and I want to see the frustration on his face and see him pacing the sidelines talking (yelling) to himself.

As far as wanting him to get a sack on Ben, I can't reply with anything but.....WOW. :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Steeldude
11-21-2007, 09:15 AM

porter provided almost no pressure, was horrible against the run and disappeared during games after spewing trash during pre-game warmups. he was a good LB for about 2 years.

he is now on the dolphins. this actually means he will be playing for us. because the dolphins will be weak on porter's side. :sofunny:

Edman
11-21-2007, 09:28 AM

He WAS. Guess what? He's not any good anymore and he's not with US anymore. Joey would not take a pay cut, that and the Steelers brass seen into his declining play. So they let him go.

I will boo him.

ShutDown24
11-21-2007, 09:35 AM
He WAS. Guess what? He's not any good anymore and he's not with US anymore. Joey would not take a pay cut, that and the Steelers brass seen into his declining play. So they let him go.

I will boo him.

Almost no one here would take that big a pay cut to stay with the Steelers. Ok... The Steelers maybe lol, but imagine you're employer. If you could make a ton more money somewhere else, hell no - most people wouldn't take a paycut.

SteelersMongol
11-21-2007, 10:42 AM
I will boo the whole damn Dolphin team when they come out. I always do. If Porter sacks Ben, I will boo Porter.

BTW, we did not just "release" Porter. For some reason or another many seem to forget him crying about his contract before he left......

I do not see it as Joey being the poor athlete who wasn't given a fair shot and the Rooney's being the harsh owners who simply threw him out of the city. He wanted more money. He got in Miami. Now he's playing on a pathetically sad football team. He is the enemy. Plain and simple.

BTW, I don't care if Jack Lambert or Jack Ham come out of retirement, join the Dolphins and sack our QB this upcoming Monday, the day I cheer for a player on the opposing team who sacks our QB is the day I get my head examined, sell my season tickets and become a Patriots fan.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07060/766095-66.stm

If he sacks Ben, so what. He used to be part of us just like all the other great players from the Steelers past. I know I'd be smiling IF Lambert was sacking Ben and be thinking "Lambert, you S.O.B."

& I C that you're not gonna cheer IF Porter sacks Ben, & I understand that. But please, DON'T BOO him, for Christ's sake. It hasn't been that long since Peezy left, and the memories about him hasn't all faded away. I still like that guy, and like some of the SF members were saying I'd love to see him come back and retire as B&G.

Like I said he was one of us, and he's just doing what he has to do. PLEASE PLEASE don't boo him. :computer:

HometownGal
11-21-2007, 10:46 AM
If he sacks Ben, so what. He used to be part of us just like all the other great players from the Steelers past. I know I'd be smiling IF Lambert was sacking Ben and be thinking "Lambert, you S.O.B."

& I C that you're not gonna cheer IF Porter sacks Ben, & I understand that. But please, DON'T BOO him, for Christ's sake. It hasn't been that long since Peezy left, and the memories about him hasn't all faded away. I still like that guy, and like some of the SF members were saying I'd love to see him come back and retire as B&G.

Like I said he was one of us, and he's just doing what he has to do. PLEASE PLEASE don't boo him. :computer:

So what??? :jawdrop: I'm going to play the what if game here. What if Porter's sack causes an injury to Ben and we lose him for a game or two down the all important stretch or worse - if we lose him for the remainder of the season?

Some people around here feel it is fine to boo one of their own. Peezy isn't wearing the black and gold anymore and left of his own accord. On Monday night - he is the enemy like it or not and if people choose to boo him, more power to 'em. I appreciate his contributions to the team while he was here, but reality bites - he's not a member of this team anymore.

83-Steelers-43
11-21-2007, 11:03 AM

So what?

What if Ben get's injured on that one sack? So what right? No biggy.

What if that sack occurs at a vital point in the game and changes the face of the game? So what right? Hey, it would only cost us back to back losses to the two worst teams in the NFL. No biggy.

I will boo Porter just like I would any other LB who sacks Ben. I will boo the opposition just like I do for the other 7 regular season home games.

I can't count how many times I've stated this, but I will again for the record. I appreciate what Porter brought to this team when he WAS a Steeler. That doesn't mean I have to cheer for the guy or not boo him now that he is on an opposing team. If you don't want to boo the opposition, more power to you. I'm not telling you to.

83-Steelers-43
11-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah, so what............

cI3vd1T7YoU

tony hipchest
11-21-2007, 11:27 AM
very cool clip 83. thanks.

i will save my porter cheers for when the dolphins play the patriots. id much rather see brady get hit like that, than ben.

ShutDown24
11-21-2007, 11:55 AM
It just seems like to me that there is a double standard. I remember when we played Arizona and before the game there was a topic wishing them luck and such... A Wiz and Russ lovefest... (Looked for it and couldn't find it btw) To me, if we can cheer for them we can cheer for Porter too.

HometownGal
11-21-2007, 11:59 AM
It just seems like to me that there is a double standard. I remember when we played Arizona and before the game there was a topic wishing them luck and such... A Wiz and Russ lovefest... (Looked for it and couldn't find it btw) To me, if we can cheer for them we can cheer for Porter too.

Well - if you want to cheer for a member of our opponent on Monday night, have at it. If you were sitting next to me at HF - you'd get a beer shampoo. :flap:

Borski
11-21-2007, 12:01 PM

cI3vd1T7YoU

I like Tom "Crash" Brady lol.

Borski
11-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Well - if you want to cheer for a member of our opponent on Monday night, have at it. If you were sitting next to me at HF - you'd get a beer shampoo. :flap:

there is no way I will cheer for him, but I wont boo him. I respect him for his time here.

ShutDown24
11-21-2007, 12:14 PM
there is no way I will cheer for him, but I wont boo him. I respect him for his time here.

Yeah, I won't necessarily be cheering for him Monday night, just supporting him. Any other game except facing the Steelers, I will cheer for Joey. Just as I do Plax, Randle El, Chris Hope, Kendrell Bell, etc... There is no need to be hostile towards these guys such as booing indicates. You don't have to like them succeeding against you're team but show some respect for the contributions they made to help the Steelers no matter how they went out.

83-Steelers-43
11-21-2007, 12:15 PM

Thankfully I wasn't a part of that double standard. Although I do wish them the best when they play a team besides the Steelers. Much like how I wish Porter the best when he is not playing against the Steelers.

Plus, I showed Porter my appreciation when he was a Steeler by not only cheering him on but helping to pay his salary. I'll save my cheers for the players who actually are Steelers and my boo's for the opposition no matter who it is.

stlrtruck
11-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Just hope he is not booed on the stadium

Considering he doesn't wear the black and gold anymore - I'll boo him!

SteelersMongol
11-23-2007, 01:23 PM
So what??? :jawdrop: I'm going to play the what if game here. What if Porter's sack causes an injury to Ben and we lose him for a game or two down the all important stretch or worse - if we lose him for the remainder of the season?

Some people around here feel it is fine to boo one of their own. Peezy isn't wearing the black and gold anymore and left of his own accord. On Monday night - he is the enemy like it or not and if people choose to boo him, more power to 'em. I appreciate his contributions to the team while he was here, but reality bites - he's not a member of this team anymore.

Ha ha ha. We all know Peezy is not gonna hurt Ben that bad. He's gonna try to sack him here and there, cuz that's what he's gotta do. But he WILL NOT hurt Ben. He's not stupid. Inside he is a Steeler. :helmet: I know what he did last summer. :wink02: But folks, I'm telling you. :tt02: He's a Steeler. :computer:

HometownGal
11-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Ha ha ha. We all know Peezy is not gonna hurt Ben that bad. He's gonna try to sack him here and there, cuz that's what he's gotta do. But he WILL NOT hurt Ben. He's not stupid. Inside he is a Steeler. :helmet: I know what he did last summer. :wink02: But folks, I'm telling you. :tt02: He's a Steeler. :computer:

No - we DON'T know that Porter isn't going to injure Ben if he sacks him. Do I believe he would do so intentionally? No. Of course he's going to try to sack him - that's one of the things he gets paid an astronomical salary by the Fins to do. If he sacks Ben, so be it (and I'll be cursing the OL), but I'm not going to sit here and say I'm going to cheer him on to do so or toast him if he does. In my eyes - as I've said before - he's the enemy on Monday night.

NJarhead
11-23-2007, 02:16 PM
I could never boo Joey Porter. I was sick when Greg Lloyd got booed on his return to Three Rivers. If folks do boo him when he comes out of the tunnel I only hope those boos are drowned out by cheers.

stlrtruck
11-23-2007, 02:24 PM

cI3vd1T7YoU

If the NFL sees this video, they will make QB sacks illegal in the game and all rushers will need to lay two hands on the QB to consider him down by contact.

steel striker
11-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Well I will not cheer for Joey when his is playing our steelers and, I just want us to get a needed win and stay ahead of the browns. I won't boo Joey till the gane starts lol. I really liked Joey he was a leader and, yes he talked some mean tash but usually backed it up. He was really funny as well and, I don't think we would have won a super bowl without him remember that colt game in the 05 super bowl run. I'm sure before the game Joey will hear some cheers from the steeler faithful then once the game starts the only cheers will be for the guys in the black and gold.

Crushzilla
11-23-2007, 04:41 PM

cI3vd1T7YoU

Hang on to this video so we can refer to it in April when some people start clamoring about taking a sexy running back or wide receiver pick in the first round instead of grabbing an offensive lineman.

MyCuz64Furness
11-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Just wondering what kind of showing Peezy will put forth tonight......You think he wants to hand it to Ben good and If so you think he'll get through........

Texasfan
11-26-2007, 09:24 AM
He'll get to Ben if our oline plays like it has been playing.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-26-2007, 09:26 AM
It depends if they have Porter rushing the passer. I think they have had him in pass coverage more this year than pass rush.

But I don't see Porter doing much if anything. He may sack Ben once, but I don't see Porter having a multi-sack game.

The Duke
11-26-2007, 04:17 PM
But I don't see Porter doing much if anything. He may sack Ben once, but I don't see Porter having a multi-sack game.

don't jinx us :wink02:

steelpride12
11-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Porter= old, run down and no threat to the Steelers!
Porter this city still loves ya can't wait to see, will be a nice homecoming!

SteelersMongol
11-26-2007, 07:18 PM
No - we DON'T know that Porter isn't going to injure Ben if he sacks him. Do I believe he would do so intentionally? No. Of course he's going to try to sack him - that's one of the things he gets paid an astronomical salary by the Fins to do. If he sacks Ben, so be it (and I'll be cursing the OL), but I'm not going to sit here and say I'm going to cheer him on to do so or toast him if he does. In my eyes - as I've said before - he's the enemy on Monday night.

:smile: I never said cheer him when/if he sacks our QB. All I said was PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT BOO HIM if he does that. :computer:

But, sis, please understand this is coming out of a guy who's never been to a game. So I don't really know "HEINZ rules" for the games. :wink02: