PDA

View Full Version : How about Heath

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-16-2005, 05:24 PM
One good sign i say today was the play of Heath Miller, I believe the steelers are going to have to start using a tight end more. Once he gets the ball he can make a play and he doesnt go down on the first hit. We need to get him involved. I see good things comming from him and Ben.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2005, 05:28 PM
a guy like Heath is just what the doctor ordered for us, he bailed out alot and made huge plays and the guy fights for every year he can..why in the hell would u not wanna use him more !!

Koopa
10-16-2005, 05:30 PM
cause in a *whinny mocking voice* we are a running team. damn i'm glad heath got some catches and they weren't easy catches either maddox was trying to break him. damn heath is awesome, he's hard to bring down and he lays a hit on the defenisive players.

tony hipchest
10-16-2005, 05:43 PM
good game despite a poor effort from the qb. he bailed maddox out several times. the rookie definitely fights for every yard. dude is HUGE with excellent hands. good to see him in action. just wish it was ben throwing the ball.

Prosdo
10-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Heath played very well. I love how he just plows right over people.

soniczilla
10-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Heath was a stud today. At least his performance, the rebound of Morgan, and the solid goal-line play of defense are some good positives we can take out of this game.

Hopefully other teams don't quite yet notice the impact this guy is going to have on us.

SteelR1
10-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Heath was a AWESOME today. Catching poor thrown balls and barrelling over defenders!!!!

He will be a great TE for us!!!!

ironcitychef
10-17-2005, 02:17 AM
I guess if you have a 123 QB rating you don't need to "bail out" too often. Miller might miss Maddox.

Koopa
10-17-2005, 12:14 PM
maybe heath won't be a bail out option anymore, cause he showed he can catch crack headed passes and make great plays, now imagine him getting good passes from big ben. and if defenses start noticeing that heath is a threat that will be great cause that opens up the passing game even more and also the running game casue they don't won't want heath to burn them

rowedf
10-17-2005, 12:17 PM
I got a chant going in our section yesterday about Miller, it was fun. What time is it???? Miller Time...what time is it???? Miller time.....most of the section was getting involved in it and it got pretty loud a few times.

BB2W
10-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Miller played great yesterday... I think he will be considered an elite TE in the next few seasons.

He has actually started the last two games because we opened up with two TE sets, but there were many plays yesterday where Miller was the only TE on the field. They are in the process of phasing Tuman out.

IMO, Miller blocks just as well if not better than Tuman...

I.C. Lights
10-17-2005, 07:18 PM
If we can hold on to him, I think he'll be one of the best Steeler TEs ever. But, I don't see us holding on to him unless we use him more over the next few years. All depends on his ego, I guess.

Steel - X
10-18-2005, 07:32 AM
His ego will not be a problem I can tell you that. Heath will be a playmaker for the Steelers for years to come.

BB2W
10-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Miller's season totals of 10 catches for 124 yards with three scores in five games has already surpassed what Jerame Tuman's numbers from last season. Tuman had nine catches for 89 yards with three touchdowns.

My 1000th post, Weeeeeeee!!! :alcohol:

Prosdo
10-19-2005, 02:57 AM
Way to go on your 1000th BB2W! Congrats!

Steel - X
10-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Miller's season totals of 10 catches for 124 yards with three scores in five games has already surpassed what Jerame Tuman's numbers from last season. Tuman had nine catches for 89 yards with three touchdowns.

My 1000th post, Weeeeeeee!!! :alcohol:

You need to have a post party thread.

PittPanthers2007
10-20-2005, 08:33 PM
they need to use heath miller more that will give us 4 good wr threats a GIANT threat at TE and willie on the screen

Koopa
10-20-2005, 10:57 PM
i think they'll start using heath more, cowher may be stubborn but he can't be that stupid not to use his first round draft pick that was rated the best catching tight end. heath is awesome. i loved watching him blow over ppl sunday.

I.C. Lights
10-20-2005, 11:13 PM
We'll see more and more of heath as the season goes on, but probably as a last resort to the traditional run game plan. I don't know if it's stubborness or if there's a plan not to show everything Heath can do until we get into the playoffs. Guess time will tell.

Koopa
10-20-2005, 11:45 PM
i'd rather show everything he can do now so he can build his confedence up and then get teams to worry about him so it can open up the run and passing game more

Motley Nate
10-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Just picked up Heath for my fantasy team... but I'm going to start Pollard this week. I mean c'mon, even with Joey Harrington, they're playing the Clowns.

BB2W
10-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Just picked up Heath for my fantasy team... but I'm going to start Pollard this week. I mean c'mon, even with Joey Harrington, they're playing the Clowns.
Yeah, Heath is becoming a legit fantasy TE... he will only get better, and his numbers will continue to improve.

Koopa
10-21-2005, 12:28 AM

well i don't know about joey harrington playing for long cause jeff garcia is healthy now and i'm sure he'll be put in soon. i picked up pollard in week two and he ain't got me shit so i don't know if i'd start him or not

tony hipchest
10-21-2005, 10:05 AM

pollard should see more looks in that offense and be more consistent than miller. 100+ yds las week from a te aint no joke. who knows if heath will ever see that in one game.

BB2W
10-21-2005, 02:10 PM
pollard should see more looks in that offense and be more consistent than miller. 100+ yds las week from a te aint no joke. who knows if heath will ever see that in one game.

I think Miller will definitly see 100+ yard games somewhere down the road. I doubt that it would happen because of the game plan, but one of those games were he just keeps getting open and breaks a few tackles. I hope that Ben starts throwing to him more.

Prosdo
10-21-2005, 02:12 PM
I think with some of our receivers being dinged up we might see some more passes to him.

steelrzgirl
10-21-2005, 02:21 PM
I would say we HAVE too. Though I dont mind. It would be nice if Pittsburgh was no longer the place TEs go to have their careers ruined.

Prosdo
10-21-2005, 02:39 PM
I agree, it definitely would be nice to see the TE position utilized especially with a guy like Heath.

TasmanianTroy271
10-21-2005, 03:11 PM

Wouldnt it be great if Heath broke a huge reception, and got a 100 yard game this week? lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-21-2005, 03:16 PM
The Steelers are finding out more and more how valuable he really is..and with Cedric, El, and Hines all w/ various minor or major injuries, he figures to play a bigger role.. it just makes sense.. He's fast, strong and has good hands..

I.C. Lights
10-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Plus it's not like we're going west coast or changing the fundamental character of our team by using Heath more. Heath fits the character of the team with his physical scraping for extra yards and as a legit threat at TE, he'll actually allow us to run the ball more. Why not get the best of both worlds?